Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18119&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:49:49 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motion To Dismiss Bankruptucy, from PACER
Pickle
post Dec 11 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

DEBTORS' MOTION TO DISMISS CASE

Comes now Laird J. Heal, Esq., pursuant to 11 USC Sec. 707 (b ) and requests this Court
dismiss this case entered by the debtor, offering the affidavit of the debtor as further basis
thereof, and also advising the Court:

1. That the debtor is confident that he can repay his creditors after having to change his business
model in a manner in which he has employed before, to row with the ebbs and flows of the tides
of the financial service industry, so the effect on the creditors will be wholly and uniformly
positive;

2. That the debtor never viewed the save3ABN.com or prepetition claims as being assets worth
any substantial value, and the save3ABN.com name and web site are being used for religious,
non-commercial purposes which this court has no business in interfering itself;

3. That the debtor's reasons which necessitated the bankruptcy filing have now been corrected,
and he expects to be able to satisfy all valid claims against him without further need to seek
bankruptcy protection;

4. That the Adversary Proceeding currently open should not be dismissed as the violations of the
Automatic Stay were intentional and with full knowledge of the effect of the Stay, and both
interfered with the process of restarting his business operations and led him to suffer actual
damages.

5. That this Motion to Dismiss should be heard before any decision on the sale on any of the
property of the debtor's estate is considered.

WHEREFORE, the Debtor, Gailon Arthur Joy respectfully requests that the case be dismissed
forthwith, but only as to her alone.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Dec 11 2007, 07:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Dec 11 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #2

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Okay......
yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Dec 11 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

This maneuver by Mr. Joy is intended to keep 3ABN from being able to own the save3abn domain name and all of the assets necessary to keep it going . . . he played his gambit, the bankruptcy, to try and put himself into a safe situation and 3ABN's move to purchase a portion of his debt forced his hand and he had to ante up . . . this ante meant that he had to end his bankruptcy filing so that he could maintain ownership of the domain name and the corresponding web site, as well as the computers that maintained it (with the exceptions of Mr. Pickle's computer(s)) . . . he had no choice and it benefits Mr. Pickle in as much as it puts them on a level responsibility plane in the suit with 3ABN . . .

My guess, he never really needed to file in the first place, after all he could have changed his business model without filing, many businesses do it all the time without filing (though some do it this way) . . . he filed because he wanted to try and put a protective barrier around himself and any legal verdicts against him but, he is more interested in maintaining ownership of the domain and site so he is requesting a dismissal . . . he'll probably get it, but as in the other case, time will tell . . .

- FHB

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Dec 11 2007, 08:09 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 11 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Fallible,

Could you cite some case law that would demonstrate that a bankruptcy filing protects one from future judgments?

A lot of speculation there.

Bob

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 13 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Is there any update on this one yet?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jan 13 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 13 2008, 12:29 PM) *

Thanks Daryl.....I am interested in knowing if there is an update too.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 14 2008, 09:00 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Hopefully we will receive some kind of an update soon.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 14 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #8

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 14 2008, 10:00 AM) *
Hopefully we will receive some kind of an update soon.

Daryl,

Apparently with your extensive reading on these various threads the past two days you managed to miss Bob's post that the Bankruptcy judge denied GAJ's motion to dismiss his bankruptcy petition.

Have you considered that there might be a reason that you have not seen an answer posted here to your question?

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jan 15 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

There have been issues I have had with 3ABN in the past. I am supportive of Jim Gilley and what I consider to be his long term plans for 3ABN. I support him and what he is doing with the ministry. I believe that he is truly dedicated to ministry. He may prove me right, or he may prove me wrong. In any case, I do believe that 3ABN has a bright future, and I support the direction they are taking. Sister and other have very solid points regarding matters such as the issue of Jean Fiscalini. I am aware of that issue. Some may also remember a school board meeting that was cut short over the Fiscalini matter. In any case, I hope that 3ABN survives and thives as a purveyor of information that improves the human condition. I believe in that mission and support it completely! I beg the support of people, the church, and the world for the furthering of true ministry to humanity through whaterver venue it may come through.

May the good survive, and the bad go away!

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 15 2008, 12:53 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jan 15 2008, 12:15 AM) *
There have been issues I have had with 3ABN in the past. I am supportive of Jim Gilley and what I consider to be his long term plans for 3ABN. I support him and what he is doing with the ministry. I believe that he is truly dedicated to ministry. He may prove me right, or he may prove me wrong. In any case, I do believe that 3ABN has a bright future, and I support the direction they are taking. Sister and other have very solid points regarding matters such as the issue of Jean Fiscalini. I am aware of that issue. Some may also remember a school board meeting that was cut short over the Fiscalini matter. In any case, I hope that 3ABN survives and thives as a purveyor of information that improves the human condition. I believe in that mission and support it completely! I beg the support of people, the church, and the world for the furthering of true ministry to humanity through whaterver venue it may come through.

May the good survive, and the bad go away!

Cool and magnanimous post trapper of bears. Thanks for your positive contribution. It’s good to see you back.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 15 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 13 2008, 12:29 PM) *

Yes. since exactly a week after Mr Pickle started this thread...

Attached File  JudgeBankdoc51121807.pdf ( 35.23K ) Number of downloads: 48

The above document references 3 documents which the judge based his decision on.

You can read the 1st document in Mr Pickle's opening post right here in this thread. Anyone interested in the rest of the story can read the other 2 right here:

Attached File  JMBankdoc43121207.pdf ( 19.56K ) Number of downloads: 43

Attached File  3ABNBankdoc49121707.pdf ( 24.17K ) Number of downloads: 37

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 15 2008, 10:30 AM

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Jan 15 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Are there any additional documents in regards to the issue of the web site ownership - there seems to be some debate about who registered the domain, who paid for it, who owns it, who manages the web site, who was responsible for the content on the site (both the writing and ftp of the content).

- FHB

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 15 2008, 12:24 PM) *

The above document references 3 documents which the judge based his decision on.

You can read the 1st document in Mr Pickle's opening post right here in this thread. Anyone interested in the rest of the story can read the other 2 right here:

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 15 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Jan 15 2008, 08:37 PM) *
Are there any additional documents in regards to the issue of the web site ownership - there seems to be some debate about who registered the domain, who paid for it, who owns it, who manages the web site, who was responsible for the content on the site (both the writing and ftp of the content).

- FHB

Yes, discussion started up about this in the "3ABN adds new board member" thread around post 29 when Pickle claimed "I didn't sputter or spin that either" in reference to his earlier statement "It's not my site" it continues sporadically throughout the rest of the thread.

3 documents along with their court docket entries were posted on the last page of that thread today: http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...18900&st=60

Interestingly enough one of those documents was filed by Gailon Joy who says he doesn't believe it's his website, either...

And so far Mr Pickle hasn't answered anyones questions about all this.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Jan 15 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Thanks for tying the information together with this post.

- FHB

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 15 2008, 10:23 PM) *
Yes, discussion started up about this in the "3ABN adds new board member" thread around post 29 when Pickle claimed "I didn't sputter or spin that either" in reference to his earlier statement "It's not my site" it continues sporadically throughout the rest of the thread.

3 documents along with their court docket entries were posted on the last page of that thread today: http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...18900&st=60

Interestingly enough one of those documents was filed by Gailon Joy who says he doesn't believe it's his website, either...

And so far Mr Pickle hasn't answered anyones questions about all this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Jan 15 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(Ian @ Jan 15 2008, 09:24 AM) *

Well, um.

Thanks, Ian, for posting these documents. It is interestig that Pickle didn't bother to post them himself. Wonder why?

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:49 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church