Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1839&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kay Kuzma Launches 3abn Books, The rising career of Kay Kuzma
Clay
post Aug 25 2004, 10:59 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

I have never worked as journalist, but I have done investigations..... and I have always secretly wanted to be a reporter for the National Inquirer.... can you tell?? lol.gif lol.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 25 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 25 2004, 08:59 AM)
I have never worked as journalist, but I have done investigations..... and I have always secretly wanted to be a reporter for the National Inquirer.... can you tell?? lol.gif lol.gif

I knew it!!! yes.gif cool.gif afro.gif ninja.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 25 2004, 11:23 AM
Post #18

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I posted this on the 3ABN thread... if a moderator wants it deleted... they will... I got it (took it, copied it, borrowed it) from ClubAdventist, posted by LLL (no I don't know who that it or why they have 3 L's as their nickname):

Quote:
Subj: 3ABN Update
Adventist Today
Posted: 8/24/2004 2:01:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time
By Edwin A. Schwisow

Linda Shelton Fired and Divorced

In June of this year, the board of the Three Angels Broadcasting (3ABN)satellite network voted to dismiss Danny Shelton's now-ex-wife, Linda, from her position as vice president and on-air hostess. The dismissal came just days before the couple's divorce became final in early July-an uncontested divorce filed in Guam by Danny Shelton, naming Linda as respondent,according to divorce papers obtained by Adventist Today.

Linda's dismissal was followed immediately by an official release by 3ABN's board chairman, Walter Thompson, to the effect that Linda Shelton had chosen to go a "different direction" from her husband and 3ABN. The release also said that the decision to terminate had come after considerable study and with the assistance of counselors and face-to-face dialogue among the parties. Concurrent with the announcement, staff removed all photographs and references to Linda Shelton from 3ABN's Web site and struck all programs on which she appears from the station's play lists.

The reasons for Linda's removal are disputed. Sources close to Linda characterize her removal as a coup-in-the-works for several months leading up to the June announcement. But sources close to 3ABN insist the ministry leadership did everything possible to save the Shelton marriage and to
retain Linda as a leader in the ministry.

What all sides appear to agree on is that the dismissal was related Linda's involvement with a physician who was treating her adult son, Nathan (by a previous marriage), who reportedly had developed serious drug- and alcohol-dependency problems. The therapy routine, administered by a
Norwegian Seventh-day Adventist physician and financial supporter of 3ABN, reportedly achieved outstanding early results, though Linda's latest communication indicates her son still struggles with addiction.

According to Linda Shelton, in a release posted July 11 on her Web site, rumors that she had engaged in inappropriately intimate activities with her son's therapist began to circulate at 3ABN, leading in large part to her ouster. She vigorously and consistently denies any improper behavior or relationship with the doctor. She specifically denies committing adultery and attributes her fall to the proliferation of false information about her.

At about the same time Linda was ousted, Johann Thorvaldson, director of 3ABN development in Europe, was removed from his post. He has become an advocate for Linda Shelton.

Linda Shelton's dismissal took viewers across the nation by complete surprise. Danny Shelton has acknowledged to viewers the couple was undergoing marriage counseling in months leading up to their sudden divorce.

The Linda-and-Danny team had appeared together for nearly 20 years on 3ABN programs, portraying the kind of down-home, simple, Bible-based, devout Christian living they urged their viewers to adopt. That such an apparently
devoted Christian couple could divorce so precipitously shocked the 3ABN world.

In an off-the-record interview, the manager of a 3ABN affiliate told Adventist Today that Linda Shelton's removal could benefit 3ABN ministry long-term. This source indicates that 3ABN has been undergoing troubled times, including a historic loss of revenue in 2003, and that a shake-up at this time could be a new beginning for the maturing ministry. In a mass mailing to all financial supporters, 3ABN has also reflected the view that
Linda Shelton's termination represents a time of opportunity. On the other hand, this kind of event is bound to be unsettling for the friends of the ministry.

Linda Shelton herself sees a potential personal benefit from her termination. Noting on her new Web site that she had become institutionally sheltered by her many years of work at 3ABN, she says she welcomes the opportunity to get out on her own once again, mixing it up in the real world. She continues to portray herself as supportive of 3ABN's grand vision but conveys a sense of relief at severing ties.

Sources close to Linda Shelton indicate that she is now living in a modest dwelling near 3ABN headquarters in Illinois and that her sources of income include royalties from the sale of music she has written and performed and
monthly termination payments. They also say that she has agreed not to comment publicly in ways that could be construed as attacks on her former husband and ministry and has asked her friends to foreswear any such attacks or attempts to vindicate her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 25 2004, 11:55 AM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

Subj: 3ABN Update
Adventist Today
Linda Shelton Fired and Divorced

... the manager of a 3ABN affiliate told Adventist Today that Linda Shelton's removal could benefit 3ABN ministry long-term. This source indicates that 3ABN has been undergoing troubled times....

Quote:

Jonah 1, verse 7

Then the sailors said to each other, "Come, let us cast lots to find out who is responsible for this calamity."

They cast lots and the lot fell on Jonah.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Aug 25 2004, 11:59 AM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 25 2004, 12:55 PM)
Jonah 1, verse 7

In this case, they cast lots and a lot fell on Linda.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 25 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 25 2004, 11:55 AM)
Quote:

Jonah 1, verse 7

Then the sailors said to each other, "Come, let us cast lots to find out who is responsible for this calamity."

Panama Pete, you sure that you want to go there? Remember that Jonah was culpable.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 25 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Jvat @ Aug 25 2004, 01:50 PM)
Panama Pete, you sure that you want to go there? Remember that Jonah was culpable.

Good point. There is a whale of a difference. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 25 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Yes, mainly I don't believe that Linda is nearly as responsible as they will make it appear. Why was there a divorce in Guam.... what is up with that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Aug 25 2004, 07:41 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(claborn1960 @ Aug 25 2004, 06:39 PM)
Yes, mainly I don't believe that Linda is nearly as responsible as they will make it appear. Why was there a divorce in Guam.... what is up with that?

biggrin.gif World church people aren't restricted in this big wide world mad.gif

+Quote Post
mema
post Aug 26 2004, 08:09 AM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 505

Isn't that one of the locations you can go to for a quickie divorce? So sad....

--------------------
"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
Always allow yourself to learn something new each day, wisdom will grow that way.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Aug 26 2004, 08:29 AM
Post #26

Guests

If Danny and Linda had used this legal service here is what it would have required. Note that both parties must agree to the divorce for it to work. But sometimes, deep pockets make it unprofitable for one spouse to contest the divorce. Unlike personal injury cases, attorneys cannot take divorce cases on a contingency basis so if you don't have the money your goose is somewhat cooked, if you know what I mean.

- No Residency Divorce -
Obtain a quick, simple divorce within 4-5** weeks when both parties sign, no matter where you reside, and no matter where you were married. No residency or separation period is required.
It is our policy to provide you better service at a better price. You are not a number to us, but a real person with a real issue to resolve.

The cost of your divorce is $575 + $300 court costs, payable in two installments. – follow this simple process:
Begin your divorce process in privacy by simply filling out our easy online questionnaire.
We will contact you immediately to let you know we received the divorce questionnaire.
We then e-mail your completed quick simple divorce documents to you within 24 hours of receiving the questionnaire, many times on the same day you request them, all at no extra charge.
These are not confusing “fill-in-the-blanks” forms. They are actual legal documents that only require your notarized signature.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express Cards, wire transfer, money orders, and cashier's checks as forms of payment.
For your convenience and peace of mind, fees are payable in two installments.
Email us at: info@legalXXX.com with any questions you may have.
Click HERE to Get Started

Things to know about obtaining a Simple Divorce:
Both parties must agree to sign a Joint Petition for Divorce.
Guam Superior Court, where your divorce is filed, does not take jurisdiction over issues of children and/or property for non-residents of Guam.
If you have property to divide, or have children together, you may simply address those issues in a Separation Agreement.
If you wish to include issues of property/debts and children into your divorce, consider a regular Nevada Divorce or a Dominican Republic Divorce. Property and children issues can be incorporated into these divorce options.
The state where your marriage took place does not matter as far as jurisdiction over the divorce is concerned.
** During certain times of the year, it might take a longer period of time to finalize your divorce due to the court's backlog and/or the absence of some judges.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Aug 26 2004, 10:34 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 25 2004, 06:36 PM)
Good point. There is a whale of a difference. smile.gif

Panama Pete, I love it! clap.gif clapping.gif You are indeed great with the use of words! Maybe you should make your services available to 3ABN? wink.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 17 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

I finally worked up the courage to take a look at Kay Kuzma's book, "Mending Broken People" the authorized history of 3ABN. I am shocked and insulted. What she did to me in that book was deeply offensive. No wonder she can't look me in the face when we meet. No wonder she quickly runs off. Shame on her! That was dishonest, ugly, and shameful. Not only that, but it was theft of something precious. Kay Kuzma participated in a theft. Can't wait to see her again!

+Quote Post
Rand856
post Jul 17 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #29

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 1,646

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 17 2006, 04:11 PM) [snapback]139945[/snapback]

I finally worked up the courage to take a look at Kay Kuzma's book, "Mending Broken People" the authorized history of 3ABN. I am shocked and insulted. What she did to me in that book was deeply offensive. No wonder she can't look me in the face when we meet. No wonder she quickly runs off. Shame on her! That was dishonest, ugly, and shameful. Not only that, but it was theft of something precious. Kay Kuzma participated in a theft. Can't wait to see her again!

I've read the book too. Really the ABC's should be placing it in the "Fiction" section if they wish to sell it, or just box them all up and send them back to Kay, and have someone write the real story about 3ABN.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 17 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 17 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]139945[/snapback]

Thanks, Bear. I was wondering if you were ever going to speak up for yourself. You have had a lot to say in regard to the way Linda was mistreated, but you slide over your own heartaches and the insults and trashing that you received as though you were "teflon coated". We have looked straight in the face at the lies that have been spread about Linda -- and now we have rejoiced to hear Dr Abrahamson tell the truth about what really happened.

We have been aware that many others besides Linda have been trashed, but we haven't heard their stories. Are you willing now for yours to be told? Are you willing to tell it?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church