Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19560&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:52:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rules Of Engagement, Helpful hints to help the lurkers keep up
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 25 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

Migraines? Tabasco to the rescue.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 25 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jan 25 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Migraines? Tabasco to the rescue.

I really don't want to but am forced to ask. How do you take that Tabasco and is the cure better than the disease?

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 25 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

A couple table spoons and sometimes my migraines go away, either that or the fire in my mouth makes me forget about my head. Either way it does the trick....sometimes. Hot Chili peppers or the like also work. Something about the release of endorphins.

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 25 2008, 06:45 PM) *
I really don't want to but am forced to ask. How do you take that Tabasco and is the cure better than the disease?

-bear

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Jan 25 2008, 07:05 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jan 26 2008, 08:46 AM) *
As for the foot bath - hot is best and end with an ice water pour. Keep the feet in the hot water for 20 minutes but watch that the feet are not burned or if you have circulation problems then take precautions.

Next...thank you for the apology but I am not sure what you did. I must have missed the whole thing!

That's me - just a polyanna so do not worry yourself about whatever!

And maybe I am really out of it but what is a shill??? stupid.gif

R4H

when I have heard the hot foot bath recommended for headaches, I have also heard that an icepack to the head at the same time is helpful. Migraines are usually considered to involve dilation of some of the blood vessels in the brain, I guess the aim is to divert blood flow away from the head.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 25 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I've used hot and cold on my fore head before with mixed results. I've never tried the foot bath solution....yet.

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 25 2008, 08:05 PM) *
when I have heard the hot foot bath recommended for headaches, I have also heard that an icepack to the head at the same time is helpful. Migraines are usually considered to involve dilation of some of the blood vessels in the brain, I guess the aim is to divert blood flow away from the head.

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 25 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jan 25 2008, 03:46 PM) *
As for the foot bath - hot is best and end with an ice water pour. Keep the feet in the hot water for 20 minutes but watch that the feet are not burned or if you have circulation problems then take precautions.

Next...thank you for the apology but I am not sure what you did. I must have missed the whole thing!

That's me - just a polyanna so do not worry yourself about whatever!

And maybe I am really out of it but what is a shill??? stupid.gif

R4H

Runner, a shill per Wikipedea:

"A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists. In the UK the term plant is used.

Shilling is illegal in many circumstances and in many jurisdictions because of the frequently fraudulent and damaging character of their actions. However, if a shill does not place uninformed parties at a risk of loss, but merely generates "buzz," the shill's actions may be legal."

I think AlMigrane was referencing the setup posts by an individual that appear to be innocent observations or questions but are really organized to give the follow up aggressor an opening to say things they would have difficulty starting on their own. Done well, this maneuver appears to be nothing more than normal conversation when it's anything but. Bullies seem to learn this skill early on.

-bear

This post has been edited by YogusBearus: Jan 25 2008, 09:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 25 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jan 25 2008, 05:02 PM) *
A couple table spoons and sometimes my migraines go away, either that or the fire in my mouth makes me forget about my head. Either way it does the trick....sometimes. Hot Chili peppers or the like also work. Something about the release of endorphins.

A classic approach to treating migrains:

One bucket of water at or near body temperature.

Soft music in the background

Imerse one'shead in the bucket ofwater for 30 minutes.

It will change your life--guarenteeds

You will not have migrains again.

NOTE: Richard, I am not laughing at you. Migrains are not joke inspite of people who make ascinine comments about them.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 25 2008, 10:53 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Gregory, I have had migraines most of my life, starting when I was 5, so I'm one of those people who, by all rights, should be offended if anyone is. I've tried this classic approach in the past and found I seemed to have trouble holding my breath for the full 30 minutes. I have heard it has been 100% effective for those who are able to keep their head in that bucket of water for the entire time.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jan 26 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

Whether you use the head or the feet for the hot water - remember the ice water pour. It will definitely get your head or feet out of the hot water (if you can hold your breath that long).

On the serious side - try the hot water for the migraine. You need to continue to add more hot water to keep your feet hot enough - when you finish your feet should be pink without a burn. A nice cold pack to the head is great and if you can find someone to give you a shoulder/head/neck massage during the treatment it will relax you. End it all with the ice water pour and a foot massage.

If that does not do it for you - you must have some major stresses in your life and maybe you need the head in the bucket technique even without the water....is that the same as putting your head in the sand? Not bad for a relaxing moment to regroup or recoup.

R4H

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 25 2008, 11:53 PM) *
Gregory, I have had migraines most of my life, starting when I was 5, so I'm one of those people who, by all rights, should be offended if anyone is. I've tried this classic approach in the past and found I seemed to have trouble holding my breath for the full 30 minutes. I have heard it has been 100% effective for those who are able to keep their head in that bucket of water for the entire time.

This post has been edited by runner4him: Jan 26 2008, 07:18 AM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 26 2008, 07:48 AM
Post #25

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(ALMigraine @ Jan 25 2008, 12:20 AM) *
Hope everyone had a great day. I do really appreciate all the welcome wishes above. If my tone offends some I do apologize but I find the tone of many posts on every forum I have read often a bit jarring.

I think I found a perfect example of that tonight after catching up with my reading at adventalk. I find it amazingly interesting that SE who posts here so articulately and who clearly is not in support of DS's actions would find himself turned on by several of those at adventalk that he challenged in their assumptions of what a single sentence could mean. I am fascinated that a BSDA member from here found it necessary to carry the WT letter that was posted here over there to continue the discussion about that single sentence. I truly thought that member was sincere in her concern for the Thompson family in aher amended and subsequent post here. IT is unfortunate that someone has taken that concern to Adventalk to spin it for what purpose?

I fear we appear to have reached a stage in this matter that is becoming much more dangerous. If you look at both camps, you can’t help but come away with the conviction that both will not hesitate to reach out in any way necessary to score points. Not unlike what you would have with a rabid cornered animal. Innocent casualties seem to be acceptable to both sides at this point.

And folks, personally, I don't think any poster on either side in this saga should be so smug that they do not think they can be identified by someone who has read extensively ain these threads and pays attention.

WhatEvUh

Anyway, welcome.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jan 26 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

lol.gif There have been days when I've been tempted....just joking. I've also heard that marijuana helps but so far have not tried it. But now that I think of it back in the day I never did get migraines. smile.gif

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 25 2008, 11:28 PM) *
A classic approach to treating migrains:

One bucket of water at or near body temperature.

Soft music in the background

Imerse one'shead in the bucket ofwater for 30 minutes.

It will change your life--guarenteeds

You will not have migrains again.

NOTE: Richard, I am not laughing at you. Migrains are not joke inspite of people who make ascinine comments about them.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jan 26 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Thank you YogusBearus for the "Shill" info. I am now enlightened with a new word but one that does not look too good as a label! Very interesting.

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 25 2008, 09:10 PM) *
Runner, a shill per Wikipedea:

"A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists. In the UK the term plant is used.

Shilling is illegal in many circumstances and in many jurisdictions because of the frequently fraudulent and damaging character of their actions. However, if a shill does not place uninformed parties at a risk of loss, but merely generates "buzz," the shill's actions may be legal."

I think AlMigrane was referencing the setup posts by an individual that appear to be innocent observations or questions but are really organized to give the follow up aggressor an opening to say things they would have difficulty starting on their own. Done well, this maneuver appears to be nothing more than normal conversation when it's anything but. Bullies seem to learn this skill early on.

-bear

+Quote Post
JustTheFaxMan
post Jan 27 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #28

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,662

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jan 26 2008, 08:30 PM) *
Thank you YogusBearus for the "Shill" info. I am now enlightened with a new word but one that does not look too good as a label! Very interesting.

Would you like to seem some examples by Artiste or others here at BSDA? I sure hope you have never posted anything here that maybe someone else asked you to? I recall seeing you asking a question or two that was not your normal post.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jan 29 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(JustTheFaxMan @ Jan 27 2008, 08:10 PM) *
Would you like to seem some examples by Artiste or others here at BSDA? I sure hope you have never posted anything here that maybe someone else asked you to? I recall seeing you asking a question or two that was not your normal post.

I can assure you that no one has me on a string. I have a tendency to question a lot but I have restrained myself most of the time. The questions I have asked came from me. My father wanted me to be an attorney. I am closely related to a famous reporter on a national network so it comes naturally.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jan 29 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jan 25 2008, 08:05 PM) *

That make sense, but my experience is a bit different ..

I don't get headaches very often, and I don't know whether the few intense headaches that have been cured by a hot foot bath qualify as migranes, but there are specific directions:

First of all, prepare yourself so you will *not* get chilled getting from the hot foot bath to your bed. Make sure you have warm slippers ready, for instance. Do not get your head chilled. A towel wrapped bout the head is good. The idea is to get to the point of breaking out in a bit of a sweat.

Use a deep container/pail that allows you to immerse feet and legs at least to the calf level. Begin with water that's as hot as you can stand it. Then gradually add more hot water. Your legs and feet will turn very red. (Rubbermaid makes round containers that work fairly well for this.)

After about 3 - 5 minutes, run a bit of cold water over your legs, then immerse in hot water again. (Keep it very hot by adding more hot water) Repeat several times for about 20 minutes (don't remember exact time .. I do it till I am a bit sweaty & feel exhausted) until you break out into a bit of a sweat.

Finish by running cold water briefly over legs and feet.

(I do this by sitting on a chair beside the bath tub, with a pail in the tub.)

As quickly as possible put on warm socks & slippers & go straight to bed. (In my case, the headache is usually gone, but I need a rest after such a draconinian measure. However, compared to a lengthy, excruciating headache, the effort is definitely worth it.)

Inga

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church