Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19560&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:52:50 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rules Of Engagement, Helpful hints to help the lurkers keep up
Brenda
post Jan 30 2008, 02:55 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 30 2008, 04:31 PM) *
That make sense, but my experience is a bit different ..

I don't get headaches very often, and I don't know whether the few intense headaches that have been cured by a hot foot bath qualify as migranes, but there are specific directions:

First of all, prepare yourself so you will *not* get chilled getting from the hot foot bath to your bed. Make sure you have warm slippers ready, for instance. Do not get your head chilled. A towel wrapped bout the head is good. The idea is to get to the point of breaking out in a bit of a sweat.

Use a deep container/pail that allows you to immerse feet and legs at least to the calf level. Begin with water that's as hot as you can stand it. Then gradually add more hot water. Your legs and feet will turn very red. (Rubbermaid makes round containers that work fairly well for this.)

After about 3 - 5 minutes, run a bit of cold water over your legs, then immerse in hot water again. (Keep it very hot by adding more hot water) Repeat several times for about 20 minutes (don't remember exact time .. I do it till I am a bit sweaty & feel exhausted) until you break out into a bit of a sweat.

Finish by running cold water briefly over legs and feet.

(I do this by sitting on a chair beside the bath tub, with a pail in the tub.)

As quickly as possible put on warm socks & slippers & go straight to bed. (In my case, the headache is usually gone, but I need a rest after such a draconinian measure. However, compared to a lengthy, excruciating headache, the effort is definitely worth it.)

Inga

You are giving first hand experience, Inga, I was quoting what I heard some one say many years ago - I am of the fortunate breed who do not get headaches. Your way is obviously one that works.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jan 30 2008, 06:08 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(inga @ Jan 30 2008, 12:31 AM) *
That make sense, but my experience is a bit different ..

I don't get headaches very often, and I don't know whether the few intense headaches that have been cured by a hot foot bath qualify as migranes, but there are specific directions:

First of all, prepare yourself so you will *not* get chilled getting from the hot foot bath to your bed. Make sure you have warm slippers ready, for instance. Do not get your head chilled. A towel wrapped bout the head is good. The idea is to get to the point of breaking out in a bit of a sweat.

Use a deep container/pail that allows you to immerse feet and legs at least to the calf level. Begin with water that's as hot as you can stand it. Then gradually add more hot water. Your legs and feet will turn very red. (Rubbermaid makes round containers that work fairly well for this.)

After about 3 - 5 minutes, run a bit of cold water over your legs, then immerse in hot water again. (Keep it very hot by adding more hot water) Repeat several times for about 20 minutes (don't remember exact time .. I do it till I am a bit sweaty & feel exhausted) until you break out into a bit of a sweat.

Finish by running cold water briefly over legs and feet.

(I do this by sitting on a chair beside the bath tub, with a pail in the tub.)

As quickly as possible put on warm socks & slippers & go straight to bed. (In my case, the headache is usually gone, but I need a rest after such a draconinian measure. However, compared to a lengthy, excruciating headache, the effort is definitely worth it.)

Inga

Inga,

Thank you for filling in important details like making sure the feet are not chilled after the foot bath. I do the treatment very much like you do with the exception of leaving the feet in the hot water for the full 20 minutes adding more hot water as needed. To all of you who suffer from any headache it does work wonders.

R4H

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 31 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

What? No Demerol? no Morphine? bangin.gif

It helps my headaches if I just stop pounding my head against a wall! wallbash.gif

I went to a bell choir concert by our schools. It gave me a headache that took 4 trips to the emergency room and 4 shots of Demerol and hospitalization for the night. I hear the words "Bell Choir" and I run! yes.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church