Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20029&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:55 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Is Brenda?, Will Brenda not be the main witness against Linda?
Ozzie
post Feb 16 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(princeMK @ Feb 17 2008, 09:31 AM) *
Is it possible for Calvin or any of the Administrators to stop this uninspiring thread?

Why? Do you also want to stop truth from coming out? Too close to the bone is it?

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 16 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 16 2008, 03:47 PM) *
Ian,

Johann continues to reply that he did not post about Danny’s birthday party and you continue to ignore that fact. What other facts are you ignoring because they do not fit your depiction of the “truth” according to Appletree? Please supply a link to the post where Johann reports about Danny Shelton’s birthday party. If you are unable to supply that simple fact, your credibility is shoot down to zero. It becomes obvious that your posts are only based upon information from Appletree and no investigation of your own through reading here.

I posted about the birthday party. It was not here, but at Advent Talk

So, Ian, where did you get your facts? Was it from an apple that fell out of a tree? roflmao.gif You might want to be more careful when picking up apples that have from the tree and are rotting on the ground, you may get a surprise and bite into the worm hiding inside.

Sister

Sister,

??? huh.gif ???

If you look again you'll see my reply to Johann was only in reference to his questions here in this thread, and the timing as shown by other documents and letters posted here in this forum such as the separation letter on May 4th, Johann's posting about he and the Doctor veiwing the mobile home Linda bought in May 2004, etc....

As far as Johann posting about it goes I don't know what you are talking anout. he seems to me to bring it up alot, here's just a few examples...

Johann Posted on: Dec 19 2006, 04:51 AM

Tell me, "Joe Smith", since you are so close to the other Sheltons, were you also present at the birthday party Brenda held for Danny Shelton in 2004? Even though Linda was still Danny's wife, she was not invited to the party. Do you know why?

Joe Smith:
I do know about that. It was a "get together" of close family friends.... the house was so full of people... including the ordained SDA pastor Lomacang and his wife.. Angie that people had to eat in the living room because there wasn't enough room in the kitchen and dining room. This wasn't inappropriate at all... it wasn't a private party of Danny and Brenda as it is portrayed to be. As far as where was Linda?... She was off on one of her 3 day adventures... Yes, she didn't care enough for Danny to stay home that day to be part of ... his birthday ..

Johann Posted on: Dec 20 2006, 03:53 PM
You say that you know. I was also in contact with Linda at that time, and she was home. She was not on any such 3 day adventure as you insist. She was very much surprised that she was not permitted to be in on that party. I know because I talked to her then.

Johann Posted on: Jun 12 2006, 12:53 PM

Some time after her return from Norway Brenda had a birthday party for Danny (May 19) where all the Sheltons were invited. Although Danny was still married Linda was not invited. I recall Linda telling me she could not understand why she was left out, because she had no intention of leaving Danny.

appletree on Feb 9 2008, 08:50 PM
Let me address a few more of your accusations that you have been throwing around.
There was a birthday party for Danny in may of 04. He and Linda were already on the "outs" and Melody did not want him to spend his birthday alone. She hosted the party at her house and the Mitcheff SISTER'S did all the cooking. All 3 of them. The house was full of family and friends. There was absolutely nothing inappropriate or out of place in any form or fashion. I know, I was there. Can you say the same Johann? Of course you can't. As usual you are repeating gossip that is untrue.

Johann Feb 12 2008, 05:14 AM this thread post #79
Since you were there, there are a number of things you could make clear, if you wanted to.

The information about the birthday party did not come from me. From my correspondance with Danny Shelton at the time I concluded that he and Linda were still living together at the house, so why should he have to spend his birthday alone? Why should he then go elsewhere to celebrate his birthday leaving Linda behind alone? Since you know everything, didn't Linda even ask Danny if she wasn't supposed to come along to the birthday party - and what was his response?

Was it proper of a married man to celebrate his birthday party elsewhere and leaving his wife behind?

Johann Feb 12 2008, 01:17 PM post 84 this thread
Thanks, princess. It's good seeing somone is thinking. If its true what they also are claiming, that Danny really loved Linda and wanted her back, would it not have been a good gesture to invite her to the family birthday party?

Later--

This post has been edited by Ian: Feb 16 2008, 06:14 PM

+Quote Post
princeMK
post Feb 16 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 763

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Feb 16 2008, 07:43 PM) *

Why? Do you also want to stop truth from coming out? Too close to the bone is it?

Nothing with do that, its just not worth the time( for me)

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 16 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 12 2008, 12:38 PM) *

Just one more question.......was Brandy at the party?......I jes askin'............. dunno.gif

I very much doubt it. It has been repeatedly stated she didn't move to Illinois or start working at 3ABN till Nov of 2004.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 16 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #95

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 16 2008, 11:36 PM) *
Sister,

??? huh.gif ???

If you look again you'll see my reply to Johann was only in reference to his questions here in this thread, and the timing as shown by other documents and letters posted here in this forum such as the separation letter on May 4th, Johann's posting about visiting the trailer Linda bought in May 2004, etc....

As far as Johann posting about it goes I don't know what you are talking anout. he seems to me to bring it up alot, here's just a few examples...

Later--

OK, Ian, I know I wrote about it earlier. But it was not me who brought the question up again this time. . . although Appletree accused me of it.

I see no descrepancies in the chronology I have given. Tell me what you see that is not right? Did Linda actually move out of their common house on May 4? When did Danny help Linda move? When did he build her porch in Carbondale?

When we saw that house in Carbondale that was well after May 19. Linda was not there at that time, and she was not with us there. We actually felt sorry for her if she had to move into that place soon.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Feb 16 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 16 2008, 04:36 PM) *
Sister,

??? huh.gif ???

If you look again you'll see my reply to Johann was only in reference to his questions here in this thread, and the timing as shown by other documents and letters posted here in this forum such as the separation letter on May 4th, Johann's posting about he and the Doctor veiwing the mobile home Linda bought in May 2004, etc....
As far as Johann posting about it goes I don't know what you are talking about. he seems to me to bring it up alot, here's just a few examples...

Later--

oops.gif Looks like Johann's credibility has taken a hit. Looks like Sister's credibility has taken a hit. bangin.gif

Ian, thanks for providing those references...your credibility has gone up in my eyes.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 16 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #97

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ian, my new friend biggrin.gif , you are saying that you doubt it, however, Appletree claims to have been there and has to this day remained silent.....and i posted the question on Feb 12. Now, he was so busy testifying to the "intent" of those giving the party. I am sure he also can remember at least aportion of the guest list. Then none of is will have to guess. Now in all fairness I did look and see that appletree has not posted since Feb. 9, so he may still answer the question..........

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 16 2008, 04:18 PM) *
I very much doubt it. It has been repeatedly stated she didn't move to Illinois or start working at 3ABN till Nov of 2004.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 16 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #98

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(princeMK @ Feb 16 2008, 04:31 PM) *
Is it possible for Calvin or any of the Administrators to stop this uninspiring thread?

I have been tempted on several occasions to close the whole 3abn section. This whole section has been uninspiring to me for a long time now. As long as people remain some level of civility they can continue to quibbling and nitpick over this stuff. PrinceMK I suggest you continue doing what you have been doing and like some many other members of BSDA, just ignore this section.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Feb 16 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 17 2008, 11:47 AM) *
Ian, my new friend biggrin.gif , you are saying that you doubt it, however, Appletree claims to have been there and has to this day remained silent.....and i posted the question on Feb 12. Now, he was so busy testifying to the "intent" of those giving the party. I am sure he also can remember at least aportion of the guest list. Then none of is will have to guess. Now in all fairness I did look and see that appletree has not posted since Feb. 9, so he may still answer the question..........

Ian may be a 'johnny come lately' PrincessDi, but I doubt that s/he is very friendly, judging by the PM SHE (Cindy/Altheia/Ian) sent me!

Do you have a 'scratching board here by any chance, for the cats to sharpen their claws? giggle.gif

It would be interesting to see AT/Danny's reply.
dunno.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 16 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #100

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 16 2008, 05:36 PM) *

What separation letter of May 4? I'm interested in that one.

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 16 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 16 2008, 10:03 PM) *
What separation letter of May 4? I'm interested in that one.

I'm sure you've seen it. Maybe I called it the wrong thing dunno.gif I was referring to this letter:

-------- Original Message --------
To: [Alyssa]
Subject: Letter for Linda
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:43:07 -0500

Dear Linda,

This is a copy of the letter that has been sent by FEDEX to you. While you may not understand now, someday you will realize that we are truly desirous of returning you to your home and ministry because we care about you. I plan to go to 3ABN tomorrow and will be available to talk with you if you have questions needing clarification.

Walt

May, 4, 2004

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of 3ABN Board of Directors

Linda Shelton
Three Angel's Broadcasting Network
PO Box 220
West Frankfort, IL 62896

Dear Linda,

A committee representing the 3ABN board of directors has been selected and has met for the purpose of evaluating the present problem at 3ABN relating to your relationship to Danny and to the ministry of 3ABN - and seeking a resolution acceptable to all parties involved. This letter is intended to represent the will of the board.

Let me begin by expressing our gratitude to you for the part you have played at 3ABN for the past nearly twenty years. You have been an important part of the ministry from the beginning – a fact appreciated by us all. Accordingly, this letter is not written with the intent to destroy your home or your part in the ministry, but rather to rehabilitate and restore.

In accordance with this intent, we are offering the following proposal to you. We believe it has the potential of accomplishing the desired objectives, i.e., to save both your home and a place for you in this ministry. It would do so without making the details of this matter known to the full board or others.

Nor is this letter expressing an opinion regarding the nature of your relationship with Dr. Abrahamson. Whether or not this relationship has been immoral or not is not the issue of this document. The facts are that the relationship and your refusal to discontinue it in spite of repeated requests by Danny and our requests, has damaged both your family and 3ABN – a reality we must deal with in wisdom, love and compassion – but deal with, we must.

We are offering you a 30 day leave of absence with pay and full benefits - to begin at the time of receipt of this letter. During this time the following conditions must be met.

You will be relieved of all duties at 3ABN and will not appear at 3ABN other than to obtain items from your immediate office upon personal request from me. You will arrange to leave Southern Illinois at 3ABN expense for the duration. Both you and 3ABN need time to cool off.

You will agree in writing to cease all communication with Dr. Abrahamson, whether direct or indirect, whether by e-mail, telephone, letter or any other, or through Johann or any other third party. We are designating a period of 30 days, but with the intent this must be a life-long decision.

During this time you will not discuss the issues related to your relationship with 3ABN with anyone other than your immediate family, your professional counselors or representatives or members of the board of directors.

Since this time is recommended as a time for reflection and serious rehabilitation we are requesting that you arrange to receive professional help relating to the issues at hand. We are recommending Ron and Nancy Rocky to you. They have agreed to open their home to you and to give you personal help in dealing with the issues at the center of the present problems. It will be private and protected from the public eye such that neither your image nor reputation ought be damaged. Should you choose different professional help, it must be acceptable to this committee.

At the end of 30 days we will reassess the situation and make further recommendations as indicated.

The issues in this proposal are not negotiable. Should they be unacceptable to you – we hope sincerely they will be acceptable – we will proceed promptly with further investigation of the facts regarding the matter at hand. In that case we will need a list of witnesses you would like us to hear. We will offer Danny the same opportunity. Once we have had opportunity to hear the evidence, we will be in a better position to make recommendations to the full board based upon that evidence. Based on the facts we already know, however, we think pursuing such a course would make any future role for you at 3ABN unlikely.

That is why, Linda, we are pleading with you to accept this proposal for healing and restoration. This is God's ministry. He has chosen you to be a part of it. We want you to continue to be a part of it. But in order for that to happen really important things must change.

Sincerely,

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of the Board of Directors, 3ABN
Committee members include Nicholas P. Miller, Bill Hulsey and Kay Kuzma (by invitation)

Your signature here will confirm your agreement with this proposal. Please sign and return copy within 24 hours of receipt of this letter.

Linda Shelton __________________________________________________________.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Feb 16 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princeMK @ Feb 17 2008, 11:07 AM) *
Nothing with do that, its just not worth the time( for me)

Nobody forces you to come here do they? If not, surely you don't have to worry about wasting time?

--------------------
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Feb 16 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 17 2008, 02:21 PM) *
I'm sure you've seen it. Maybe I called it the wrong thing dunno.gif I was referring to this letter:

No one in their right mind would just sign on the dotted line, where Walt Thompson dictated! I realised a long time ago that there were many power and control issues plauging 3abn, BUT that letter was worse than that written by a DICTATOR. Sure it didn't come from one of those countries, which think democracy is a swear word? I find it quite sickening. Did WT have his origins in Cuba or some place similar? mad.gif

--------------------
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Dona
post Feb 17 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(Ian @ Feb 16 2008, 10:21 PM) *

Ian, I appreciate that you give us the factual information and without your own take on them. Some do not give us the factual information and/or if they do it is accompanied by their own take on it. I appreciate being able to pray over and think things through without others trying to influence me to see it as they do.

Do you or anyone else know if Linda signed the proposal?

Dona

+Quote Post
Dona
post Feb 17 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Feb 16 2008, 11:50 PM) *
No one in their right mind would just sign on the dotted line, where Walt Thompson dictated! I realised a long time ago that there were many power and control issues plauging 3abn, BUT that letter was worse than that written by a DICTATOR. Sure it didn't come from one of those countries, which think democracy is a swear word? I find it quite sickening. Did WT have his origins in Cuba or some place similar? mad.gif

That is your choice to take it that way but if I were given a proposal, that did not go against God, that would assure the job and home that I professed to love I would deem it a blessing and be full of thanksgiving and sign. But then, that is how I personally see it, as God's Grace.

Dona

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church