Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6919&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 05:02:23 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Word of Faith concepts, this is interesting IMO
Clay
post Nov 14 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Selah, I was at that site earlier.... there was so muc stuff that I could have posted, I opted with the mild stuff for now.... plus I am attempting to find some comments that are simply neutral without the editorializing.... though that appears to be difficult....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Nov 14 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

QUOTE(claborn @ Nov 14 2005, 03:03 PM)
(Kaylois Henry, “Bishop Jakes Is Ready. Are You?,” The Dallas Observer magazine, June 20-26, 1996, pg. 31.  PFO Quartely Journal Article)

Interesting the more I read....

You haven't heard nothing yet! no.gif

+Quote Post
Selah
post Nov 14 2005, 04:41 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,361

Claborn,

Okay. As one who considers themselves to more pentacostal than any other religion. I have long since left off from neutrality about the devil in "my church".

Carry on........

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Nov 14 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Selah @ Nov 14 2005, 04:41 PM)
Claborn,

Okay. As one who considers themselves to more pentacostal than any other religion. I have long since left off from neutrality about the devil in "my church".

Carry on........

scratchchin.gif uhm.gif scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 14 2005, 06:57 PM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Here is one scripture that is often used ....

Proverbs 18:21 - Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

I do believe that many things that we experience are because of what we say...call it self-fulfilling prophecy...but we also know that God is omnipotent and can do what he chooses to in our lives....

QUOTE(claborn @ Nov 12 2005, 08:49 PM)
Got this from another forum from a person who was in this type of church... their insight into this is interesting.... I wonder how much of this may have slipped into our way of thinking......check it out and share your thoughts...

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Selah
post Nov 14 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,361

Huggins,

?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Nov 15 2005, 01:29 PM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

The word-faith, or prosperity, gospel has been dubbed by some critics the "name it and claim it" religion. God wants His people to prosper, evangelists like Meyer maintain. The proof, they say, is in the Bible.

Give and you shall receive; sow and you shall reap.

But critics, from Bible-quoting theologians to groups devoted to preserving the separation of church and state, argue that the theology is simply wrong. At best, they argue, it is an excuse to take advantage of their followers to accrue power and wealth.

Michael Scott Horton, who teaches historical theology at the Westminister Theological Seminary in Escondido, Calif., calls the word-faith, or "seed-faith," message a twisted interpretation of the Bible - a "wild and wacky theology."

"Some of these people are charlatans," Horton said. "Others are honestly dedicated to one of the most abhorrent errors in religious theology.

"I often think of these folks as the religious equivalent to a combination of a National Enquirer ad and professional wrestling. It's part entertainment and very large part scam."

Sociologist William Martin of Rice University said that most people who follow TV religious leaders put so much trust in them that they want them to thrive. Martin is a professor of sociology at the university, specializing in theology.

The preachers' wealth is "confirmation of what they are preaching," Martin said.

Ole Anthony's Dallas-based Trinity Foundation, best-known for working with the national media to uncover questionable activities involving TV evangelists, often resorts to digging through preachers' trash to find incriminating evidence. Anthony said that most of the preachers begin with a "sincere desire to spread the faith. But the pressure of fund raising slowly moves all of them in the direction of a greed-based theology."

http://www.trinityfi.org/press/JoyceMeyer4.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post Nov 15 2005, 01:39 PM
Post #23

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

A far cry from the carpenter, tax inspector, fishermen, and tentmaker

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post Nov 15 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Nov 15 2005, 01:39 PM)
A far cry from the carpenter, tax inspector, fishermen, and tentmaker

and don't you know it.... I am surprised that preachers instead of embracing this madness would preach against it.... but I suspect they want to get paid too..... wolves among the sheep for sure....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post Nov 15 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(claborn @ Nov 15 2005, 07:44 PM)
and don't you know it.... I am surprised that preachers instead of embracing this madness would preach against it.... but I suspect they want to get paid too..... wolves among the sheep for sure....

yep the gravy train rolls on

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Nov 18 2005, 05:37 PM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(claborn @ Nov 15 2005, 01:44 PM)

While I don't quite understand your whole statement, let me add that those who preach against this madness the know the truth about this cultic concept being thrown out to so many unsuspecting believers. This doctrine of prosperity and healing, is very metaphysical. There has been a great number of Denominational pastors who left their denomination because of the way Word of Faith teachers attack the Denomination. One of the greatest way they influence denominational teachers to leave their church is to make fun of they way many handle finances in the church. They call it cell building by starting churches...Plant churches and grow them according to tithe and then go to new cities and start them there... More to come at a later time

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Nov 19 2005, 01:28 AM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Clay see if you can find a book called "the Kindgom of Cults" that you should check out on the WOF movement...Although they have a comprehensive exhaustive knock down approach to this heresy being preached week after week, there is something in there about yo church too bruh!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by HUGGINS130: Nov 19 2005, 02:12 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 16 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

thought I would bump this topic up given the undertones of this kind of talking on your favorite network... 3abn....

--------------------

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Aug 21 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 16 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]145445[/snapback]

thought I would bump this topic up given the undertones of this kind of talking on your favorite network... 3abn....

Adventism is just as much a part of the Word/Faith type of movement that has taken root in the church...the sow a seed, reap a harvest type of activity that goes on in this church is just as much a part of the worldwide Adventist ministry as it is in 3abn, and other mega churches and denominations... it's called the slot machine syndrome...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 04:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church