Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8572&st=360 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:50:00 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

49 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton Marries....again, 3abn
summertime
post Apr 22 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #361

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 22 2006, 06:40 PM) [snapback]127579[/snapback]

I don’t know, but I suspect it is not a major operating expense relative to there total operations. Furthermore, I am not a frequent or major donator to 3ABN, so it is not an issue for me. Corporate jets are not as expense as one might think. Don’t know what the arrangement is with 3abn, but even smaller companies can afford this travel now, you don’t have to own a plane, most are leased or use a charter service.

Which do you think is the more expensive---to charter a plane from Missouri to Florida or to take a commercial plane from Missouri to Florida?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 22 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #362

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 22 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]127580[/snapback]

Which do you think is the more expensive---to charter a plane from Missouri to Florida or to take a commercial plane from Missouri to Florida?

Door to door from Franfort, IL to Florida is going to take longer, a lot longer flying commercial. Business decisions are not based on absolute cost, there are intangibles to considers, some I noted in my previous post. BTW, what support staff from headquarters is need for onsite production? I don’t know the answer. There is very little incremental cost to flying Danny alone or 10 people with his jet. Not the same flying commercial.

This reminds me of a relative who had a major problem with the GC delegates staying in expense hotel in St. Louis near the convention center during the GC session. Look at all the money my tithe dollars could save if they stayed in Motel 6, 40 miles away. Not always about the cost.

This is nickel and dime stuff.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 22 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #363

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 22 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]127582[/snapback]

Door to door from Franfort, IL to Florida is going to take longer, a lot longer flying commercial. Business decisions are not based on absolute cost, there are intangibles to considers, some I noted in my previous post. BTW, what support staff from headquarters is need for onsite production? I don’t know the answer. There is very little incremental cost to flying Danny alone or 10 people with his jet. Not the same flying commercial.

This reminds me of a relative who had a major problem with the GC delegates staying in expense hotel in St. Louis near the convention center during the GC session. Look at all the money my tithe dollars could save if they stayed in Motel 6, 40 miles away. Not always about the cost.

True, the cost of the jet really isn't that much. With the lease being only $480,000.00 per year and pilots, fuel, maintanance, airport fees, etc only bringing the total to somewhere between a million and 1 1/2 million per year...

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 23 2006, 04:18 AM
Post #364

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

very few of the actual employees ever fly on the jet with Danny. Only a select few are allowed and only then on rare occasions... if any of the crew needs to fly they are booked on a commercial flight.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 24 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #365

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 23 2006, 01:35 AM) [snapback]127582[/snapback]

This is why I asked the question about how much poverty do we want our leaders to practice. A pastor buys a new car and the members begin to shake their heads...It may be an area we really haven't explored as far as what our 'real' expectations are for our leaders. They COULD sleep in the parking lot or in their cars and dress in the hotel? giggle.gif

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Apr 24 2006, 06:56 AM
Post #366

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 24 2006, 05:33 AM) [snapback]127702[/snapback]

This is why I asked the question about how much poverty do we want our leaders to practice. A pastor buys a new car and the members begin to shake their heads...It may be an area we really haven't explored as far as what our 'real' expectations are for our leaders. They COULD sleep in the parking lot or in their cars and dress in the hotel? giggle.gif

If a pastor makes decisions based on members' expectations then he'll be crazy in no time. Why? Because whatever decision the pastor makes, someone will be offended. That's just the reality of life. I've heard members complain about a pastor who bought a Mercedes...complaining that he was spending the church money, showing off, etc. etc...then I've also heard members complain about a pastor who drove a simple Toyota Corolla. "Can't he afford a better car than that? We don't want no beat up car sitting in our church parking lot every Sabbath?" So, what's a pastor to do? Do what's right for his family according to God's leading.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Apr 24 2006, 08:27 AM
Post #367

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Prisca @ Apr 24 2006, 04:33 AM) [snapback]127702[/snapback]

But on the other hand,---I was visiting a minister in another state and he wanted to show us the beautiful countryside so he chose a member of his congregation who lives as far away from this home as possible. He took a paper to give to her. On the way to her house we spent 2 hours looking at covered bridges, parks, and all kinds of interesting things in Indiana. At the end of the route, he went to this lady's house and gave her the pamplet and had prayer with her. The whole trip, gas money and all for our extended visit on the Sabbath Afternoon ride was posted to the charge account for his church's business. What do you think?

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 24 2006, 09:02 AM
Post #368

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

Summertime,
Was this in his charge account?

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 24 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]127732[/snapback]

But on the other hand,---I was visiting a minister in another state and he wanted to show us the beautiful countryside so he chose a member of his congregation who lives as far away from this home as possible. He took a paper to give to her. On the way to her house we spent 2 hours looking at covered bridges, parks, and all kinds of interesting things in Indiana. At the end of the route, he went to this lady's house and gave her the pamplet and had prayer with her. The whole trip, gas money and all for our extended visit on the Sabbath Afternoon ride was posted to the charge account for his church's business. What do you think?

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Apr 24 2006, 09:04 AM
Post #369

Guests

QUOTE(denisebyers @ Apr 24 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]127743[/snapback]

Summertime,
Was this in his charge account?

He was on church business. It is no different from getting a tax write-off for an expensive lunch by talking about business for 30 seconds to make it a business lunch.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 24 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #370

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 24 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]127745[/snapback]

He was on church business. It is no different from getting a tax write-off for an expensive lunch by talking about business for 30 seconds to make it a business lunch.

And if the IRS catches on there will be hell to pay... not to mention the government. At least by the letter of the law they've tightened that particular loophole up; how zealously they enforce it is another matter...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 24 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #371

Advanced Member

Yes, I see that...

QUOTE(statrei @ Apr 24 2006, 10:04 AM) [snapback]127745[/snapback]

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 24 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #372

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 2 2006, 06:39 AM) [snapback]124877[/snapback]

Church missiologists have appeared to conclude that 3ABN is indeed the 3angels of Rev 14 and the place to put all the evangelistic eggs of the church. 3ABN is too important to "finishing the work" to allow petty issues like divorce and remarriage a la carte to get in the way.

3ABN locks hands with the crazies of the Religious Right for 10Commandments Day (hahaha) led by Danny and thechurch appears to be going along ...all the world wondered...

As Sister, Paper Tigers, and some others who were also around 3ABN may remember, when we went on the third satellite that gave us coverage of most of the world, Danny said that when John the Revelator saw three satellites in the sky, he wouldn't know what they were and called them angels. We, Three Angels Broadcasting Network, were the three angels that John saw in vision. Of course, now there are more than three satellites so that one doesn't work anymore.

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post Apr 24 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #373

Advanced Member

giggle.gif

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 24 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]127812[/snapback]

As Sister, Paper Tigers, and some others who were also around 3ABN may remember, when we went on the third satellite that gave us coverage of most of the world, Danny said that when John the Revelator saw three satellites in the sky, he wouldn't know what they were and called them angels. We, Three Angels Broadcasting Network, were the three angels that John saw in vision. Of course, now there are more than three satellites so that one doesn't work anymore.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 24 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #374

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

yeah I remeber that, and I thought it was comical when we went on the fourth and that didn't apply anymore... wonder what coincidence he'll use next. no.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Apr 25 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #375

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(summertime @ Apr 24 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]127732[/snapback]

aaah...the scenic route! If I've learned one thing being an SDA it is that there are two entities moving side by side...the church and the corporation. When I learned of it, I was amazed, but now it is seen as being alert and efficient. If it is offered and not used, what is the benefit? In the beginning days of our church the workers were paid with subsidies. They would fill out forms to say much rent , mortgage, travelling (to and from work), etc. then on pay day they would get a percentage of those amounts. The base salary was something around $50-65.00 per week. And that was an upgrade from the times when they had to request flour, sugar, potatoes, etc.

Priscilla

+Quote Post

49 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:50 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church