Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9215&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:28:24 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forgiveness... what is it?, a spinoff from the Linda thread....
summertime
post May 10 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(statrei @ May 10 2006, 06:36 AM) [snapback]130115[/snapback]

I can only expand on what Jesus is reported as saying. Since Danny put Linda away and it was not for marital infidelity her adultery will be his reponsibility. This is as plain as day.

Sounds good to me!!!! One more sin on his part probably would not make much difference to him.

This post has been edited by summertime: May 10 2006, 10:00 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peachesevie
post May 10 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE(summertime @ May 10 2006, 10:58 AM) [snapback]130142[/snapback]

Sounds good to me!!!! One more sin on his part probably would not make much difference to him.

And you know this because ...............? blink.gif

--------------------
"Don't cry me a river, but a seven mile beach."

"Some say go for it; I say make it come to you."

"If you were to drop your heart into me, you would never hear it touch the bottom."

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post May 10 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(summertime @ May 10 2006, 10:58 AM) [snapback]130142[/snapback]

Not that we're being judgmental or anything since we know all about Danny's spiritual condition... doh.gif ...like I said before, I'm glad no one but God knows my sins.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 10 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(Nuggie @ May 10 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]130189[/snapback]

Not that we're being judgmental or anything since we know all about Danny's spiritual condition... doh.gif ...like I said before, I'm glad no one but God knows my sins.

God is even willing to forgive those who abused their power and even did wrong towards Linda, even Danny, if he has done such horrible things...God is merciful...so Merciful!

+Quote Post
denisebyers
post May 11 2006, 06:36 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,654

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ May 11 2006, 01:21 AM) [snapback]130240[/snapback]

God is even willing to forgive those who abused their power and even did wrong towards Linda, even Danny, if he has done such horrible things...God is merciful...so Merciful!

Amen Huggins! He's been so, so merciful to me, and I am so thankful.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 11 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ May 11 2006, 12:21 AM) [snapback]130240[/snapback]

If he confesses and repents. The promise of God's forgiveness is conditional in 1John 1:9:

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When he acknowledges his need to be forgiven to God God will abundantly pardon... but if he says he has not sinned, as verse 10 of the same chapter states, he makes God a liar and God's word is not in him...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 11 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 11 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]130267[/snapback]

If he confesses and repents. The promise of God's forgiveness is conditional in 1John 1:9:

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When he acknowledges his need to be forgiven to God God will abundantly pardon... but if he says he has not sinned, as verse 10 of the same chapter states, he makes God a liar and God's word is not in him...

In His service,
Mr. J

That misread is a result of reading the NT as a doctrinal treatise rather than as a pastoral document. John's purpose was to give assurance to people who were doubtful of their standing before the Creator. He was not making forgiveness contingent on confession. To do so would be contrary to what Christ expects of his followers who are to forgive before forgiveness is asked. The neglected truth is that way back in the Garden of Eden the Creator forgave all our sins, past, present and future. Whether we enjoy the peace that comes from knowing we have been forgiven may be contingent on being repentant but that has nothing to do with what the Creator has done. All of Danny's sins have been forgiven, along with yours and mine.

+Quote Post
Peachesevie
post May 11 2006, 09:12 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE(statrei @ May 11 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]130271[/snapback]

That misread is a result of reading the NT as a doctrinal treatise rather than as a pastoral document. John's purpose was to give assurance to people who were doubtful of their standing before the Creator. He was not making forgiveness contingent on confession. To do so would be contrary to what Christ expects of his followers who are to forgive before forgiveness is asked. The neglected truth is that way back in the Garden of Eden the Creator forgave all our sins, past, present and future. Whether we enjoy the peace that comes from knowing we have been forgiven may be contingent on being repentant but that has nothing to do with what the Creator has done. All of Danny's sins have been forgiven, along with yours and mine.

Then what is the need for repentance???? dunno.gif

This post has been edited by Peachesevie: May 11 2006, 11:34 AM

--------------------
"Don't cry me a river, but a seven mile beach."

"Some say go for it; I say make it come to you."

"If you were to drop your heart into me, you would never hear it touch the bottom."

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 11 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(statrei @ May 11 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]130271[/snapback]

If that is true... than wouldn't everyone be going to heaven because everyone's sins would be forgiven as soon as we did them.. so from moment to moment we would all be perfect in God's eyes?? I believe that God does forgive all of our sins, but only after we ask for forgiveness.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 11 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #10

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ May 11 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]130289[/snapback]

If that is true... than wouldn't everyone be going to heaven because everyone's sins would be forgiven as soon as we did them.. so from moment to moment we would all be perfect in God's eyes?? I believe that God does forgive all of our sins, but only after we ask for forgiveness.

Jesus died for all your sins.... the moment he did that were they not forgiven?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 11 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(Clay @ May 11 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]130291[/snapback]

Jesus died for all your sins.... the moment he did that were they not forgiven?

Yes but the forgiveness is conditional upon us asking for it.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 11 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ May 11 2006, 08:32 AM) [snapback]130289[/snapback]

Lets remember, the big point is that He wants us in personal relationship with Him - If I wrong or hurt someone, friend, family member or otherwise, to ask for forgiveness, even though I know it will be given, makes the relationship stronger. He wants the personal connection with us. We appreciate that even more when we realize that yes, He has paid for our sins, BUT to understand why only makes you want to come to Him and ask forgiveness.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 11 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ May 11 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]130293[/snapback]

Yes but the forgiveness is conditional upon us asking for it.

are you sure? In the Lord's prayer the phrase is forgive us as we forgive..... the question remains how is it that Jesus died for our sins yet forgiveness has to be requested?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Denny
post May 11 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #14

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

If imperfect sinful humans can forgive another human who wrongs them way, way, way before they request it cannot a perfect Divine being do the same or even more? We are applying standards to God that we don't even practise ourselves. Remember the story of the Prodigal, the father was looking for his son before his son showed up, he did not wait for him to ring the doorbell. Some of us think God has the forgiveness principles of the elder brother, perhaps we expose ourselves with such thinking.....

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 11 2006, 10:15 AM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ May 11 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]130284[/snapback]

Then what is the need for remepentance???? dunno.gif

If the only reason you repent for offending someone is because that is the only way to get something you want then it is a plain as the nose on your face that you are not truly sorry, so the repentance means nothing. Love repents even though it does not have to.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:28 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church