Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9296&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 11:53:33 AM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clairfy Please, Why are the 3-ABN topics closed?
Observer
post May 18 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #1

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

I note that all of the 3-ABN topics have been closed.

Could (Would) you share with us why?

Thank you,

This post has been edited by Observer: May 18 2006, 11:08 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Calvin said.....

We are all going to take a break from this topic for awhile until I and the management staff decide what is the best course of action to take concerning this subject.

so they are closed because we are taking a break from the topic... as part of the staff, I closed all those threads that Calvin did not close...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post May 18 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,162

So what happened to reverse the previous decision that was made a week or so ago to continue the discussions?

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-28 KJV

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 18 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Apparently, management felt the need to close them...While I am not management, I can tell you that you can PM Calvin if you have any further questions... smile.gif

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ May 18 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]131351[/snapback]

So what happened to reverse the previous decision that was made a week or so ago to continue the discussions?

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 18 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ May 18 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]131351[/snapback]

I agree that a breather was not out of the way. Some thought we were saying more than we did.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ May 18 2006, 03:06 PM) [snapback]131351[/snapback]

Calvin said:

The practices of 3ABN merit discuss because they are such a public institution in the Adventist church. But when you make allegations against Danny Shelton of murder, child molestations, etc that borders on slander. I have some personal problem with that and concerned that I am put myself and the management of BlackSDA at risk if this continues unabated. We are all going to take a break from this topic for awhile until I and the management staff decide what is the best course of action to take concerning this subject.

--------------------

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post May 18 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #7

500 + posts
Group Icon

Once again, I ask does BSDA have their legal disclaimers in place? Or is it a question of simply not liking the flow of the convo? I've missed the real outlandish ones you just posted and I do feel are not what people SHOULD be saying without facts, but as a matter of opinion, that is another issue. I understand that each site has rules, guidelines and an admin/owner, so do what you do. But, the issue is that there must be some consistent guidelines for matters like this that are bound to come up again and again. Good luck. Kind of a no-win situation either way you go. But, it must be decided.

--------------------
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #8

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ May 18 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]131366[/snapback]

Once again, I ask does BSDA have their legal disclaimers in place? Or is it a question of simply not liking the flow of the convo? I've missed the real outlandish ones you just posted and I do feel are not what people SHOULD be saying without facts, but as a matter of opinion, that is another issue. I understand that each site has rules, guidelines and an admin/owner, so do what you do. But, the issue is that there must be some consistent guidelines for matters like this that are bound to come up again and again. Good luck. Kind of a no-win situation either way you go. But, it must be decided.

In the forum guidelines these statements can be found, please note the sentences highlighted in bold print:

Posts may be edited for content or deleted at the sole discretion of the moderators/administrators of this message board.

By becoming a member of this forum, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, invasive of a person's privacy, sexually-orientated, threatening, or otherwise violate of any laws. Above all, you will conduct yourself in a manner that is respectful of the rights, dignity and privacy of others. We reserve the right to delete any message or thread, to ban a screen name, IP address, domain name, or email address for any reason we feel is deserved.

This post has been edited by Clay: May 18 2006, 04:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ephphatha
post May 18 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 872

I'm kinda glad that you did. I haven't taken any sides on the issue, but it really didn't seem like anything was being resolved or that anything was taking place that we helpful to the situation being discussed. I dunno, I thought it was kinda a waste of time to discuss something with no real end in site that had absolutely no effect on the existing problem. It was like complaining about the president when you know full well you didn't vote.

--------------------
Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou preceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. Proverbs 14:7

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #10

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ephphatha @ May 18 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]131375[/snapback]

I'm kinda glad that you did. I haven't taken any sides on the issue, but it really didn't seem like anything was being resolved or that anything was taking place that we helpful to the situation being discussed. I dunno, I thought it was kinda a waste of time to discuss something with no real end in site that had absolutely no effect on the existing problem. It was like complaining about the president when you know full well you didn't vote.

thank you Eph for sharing your views about this issue.... yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post May 18 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ May 18 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]131370[/snapback]

In the forum guidelines these statements can be found, please note the sentences highlighted in bold print:

Never said that there was any question as to who makes the final decision(s) about what is and isn't said. The question was do you have a legal disclaimer in place that protects the site/admin. from any slanderous acts.

And as to who or who did not find the posts interesting, well the numbers that read them and continued to read them says something about what people want to read.

My concern is not the topic, but rather the reasons for closing ANY post.

"The sooner we all learn to make a decision between disapproval and censorship, the better off society will be... Censorship cannot get at the real evil, and it is an evil in itself." Granville Hicks

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 18 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #12

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

Just give it time.....

Either the thread will reopen...or it will be "restarted" when at least 1/10th of what has been discussed comes out as truth via television. (Remember Robert Folkenberg....)

Jes let it go....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sister
post May 18 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #13

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ May 18 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]131384[/snapback]

Just give it time.....

Either the thread will reopen...or it will be "restarted" when at least 1/10th of what has been discussed comes out as truth via television. (Remember Robert Folkenberg....)

Jes let it go....

Hey, PrincessDrRe, that is excellent advice. yes.gif

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 18 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #14

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(sister @ May 18 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]131385[/snapback]

Hey, PrincessDrRe, that is excellent advice. yes.gif

E'ry now and den I do a lil' sumptin' sumptin'....

giggle.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
4reneyonly
post May 18 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #15

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ May 18 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]131384[/snapback]

Just give it time.....

Jes let it go....

The revolution will not be televised...

The past 2 weeks in the 8 forums that were closed there were over 1,364 posts and 29, 001 readings...So folks, let it go!

"Censorship in any form, represents a lack of trust in the judgment of the individual. The passage of time provides the best perspective for sorting the wheat from the chaff." Bruce E. Fleury

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 10:53 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church