Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9296&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:54:04 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clairfy Please, Why are the 3-ABN topics closed?
gracetoyou
post May 18 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,724

Maybe the administrators will restart the 3abn threads if they post specific guidelines as to what is and is not acceptable on this topic. One thing Linda supporters do not want is to play into the hands of her enemies by making statements or insinuations that neutral people may consider to be bizarre or nutty, even though time may prove them to be true.

This post has been edited by gracetoyou: May 18 2006, 08:10 PM

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 18 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #17

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ May 18 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]131388[/snapback]

The revolution will not be televised...

The past 2 weeks in the 8 forums that were closed there were over 1,364 posts and 29, 001 readings...So folks, let it go!

The fall of anyone "great" is televised.....

Jimmy Swaggert - Whatever Church of Whosie Whats It
Gary Hart - Political
Robert Folkenberg - SDA Church
Henry Lyons - Baptist Church

It might not be the most popular news story...but it will make news.

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ May 18 2006, 08:21 PM) [snapback]131384[/snapback]

Just give it time.....

Either the thread will reopen...or it will be "restarted" when at least 1/10th of what has been discussed comes out as truth via television. (Remember Robert Folkenberg....)

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 18 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(4reneyonly @ May 18 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]131380[/snapback]

Never said that there was any question as to who makes the final decision(s) about what is and isn't said. The question was do you have a legal disclaimer in place that protects the site/admin. from any slanderous acts.

And as to who or who did not find the posts interesting, well the numbers that read them and continued to read them says something about what people want to read.

My concern is not the topic, but rather the reasons for closing ANY post.

"The sooner we all learn to make a decision between disapproval and censorship, the better off society will be... Censorship cannot get at the real evil, and it is an evil in itself." Granville Hicks

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
inga
post May 18 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ May 18 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]131395[/snapback]

The fall of anyone "great" is televised.....

Well, then Danny won't make news. blink.gif He's not "great" in the eyes of the world, though he's probably "great" in his own eyes and those of his admirers.

It might not be the most popular news story...but it will make news.

Otoh, it will probably make news because of the sensational details.

In the meantime, this board served a useful purpose in spreading the word that 3ABN is not God's ministry of the endtime, with Danny Shelton as His endtime prophet.

I trust that folks got the idea that it's better to promote HopeTV than 3ABN, to prevent as much damage as possible.

Unfortunately, it is altogether likely that individuals who have demonstrated a lack of conscience will stop at nothing if they think they can get away with it. So, I trust that Linda and some folks whose identities are known to Danny will be very safety-minded and not too trusting. Praying for their safety would be a good thing too ....

Clay is right in that it is best not to take everything appearing on bulletin boards as gospel fact. Posting here can be done more or less anonymously. However, some of the folks verifying posts here are real-life individuals whose identities are known and can easily be checked behind the scenes. I suspect they would readily give a physical address and phone number to the administrators. Others would, understandably, be more reticent.

Inga

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 18 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

"The question was do you have a legal disclaimer in place that protects the site/admin. from any slanderous acts.

Those who run this forum do well to carefully consider what should be posted here. The fact is that there is no legal disclaimer that can totally protect this forum, and its leadership from a lawsuit.

I hope all of the leaders of this forum have a general liability insurance policy that provides protections, in certain cases, from such lawsuits. Such a policy would be invalid if any of the leadership is paid in any way for their services here. There are other aspects of this issue also.

It would be well for all of you to have a policy of this type in the amount of $1,000,000.00!

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 18 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

I agree Inga, I think some of us would give our identity to those who TRULY needed it.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 18 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ May 18 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]131404[/snapback]

I agree Inga, I think some of us would give our identity to those who TRULY needed it.

Yes Tiger, but how do we know that you aren't just a teenager with fake ID for the purpose of entering adult establishments? Perhaps you are an Elvis impersonator from Las Vegas who runs a wedding chapel. Ah, you could also be a (whisper) Linda double. LOL!

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 18 2006, 09:25 PM

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 18 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 18 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]131405[/snapback]

Yes Tiger, but how do we know that you aren't just a teenager with fake ID for the purpose of entering adult establishments? Perhaps you are an Elvis impersonator from Las Vegas who runs a wedding chapel. Ah, you could also be a (whisper) Linda double. LOL!

well i doubt i could qualify as a (whisper) Linda double... but my driver's license has my picture and HUNDREDS of tapes in Master Control have my name in the credits...
that's about all the proof I can muster up... oh wait I still have a tax thing from my taxes... would that qualify??

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
calvin
post May 18 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #24

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

When we close threads here the subject is closed. This is turning into another Danny/3abn thread. You have received all the clarity you are going to get for now. Any more questions, ask me in private by email or PM. I make no promise to reply. The threads will probably be reopened in a few days with some guidelines for posting. I am informing the principles of this saga in private first, then the rest of you.

Give Danny Shelton and 3ABN a break as I requested. Do not start another thread, this can get you banned.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church