Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9763&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:54:01 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History Of 3abn, Chapter 2 (The Shelton Gang history)
Zephyr
post Apr 19 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,556

The head of the music studio ..is that ET as in ETE? I always wondered how someone not an SDA could be music head at a station touting itself as the standard for SDA worship and culture.

I do like her music by the way. Sister you could write a book..thanks for the enlightenment. I for one look forward to reading you every day.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sister
post Apr 19 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 19 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]127234[/snapback]

The head of the music studio ..is that ET as in ETE? I always wondered how someone not an SDA could be music head at a station touting itself as the standard for SDA worship and culture.

I do like her music by the way. Sister you could write a book..thanks for the enlightenment. I for one look forward to reading you every day.

Yes, ET Everett and her husband have a long history with Danny and Linda.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Apr 19 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

As someone who used to be entirely too close to the situation, for too long, I applaud Sister for standing up for the truth and what is right!!! It's about time the truth is finally heard.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 19 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

yep.... seems to be the same kind of rags to riches saga many of the ummmmm less sincere (or fake) televangelists have taken....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 4 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

do they still have the plane? how about any ummm collectibles like guns or artwork stuff like that?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 4 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Easy SDA worship and culture consists of the music being technically correct. It has nothing to do with true praise or worship. Like the rest of our "message" it is cerebral(sp) and logical and has nothing to do with our emotions. Therefore, it is easy for anyone to be music head. They just have to be a fairly decent musician.

QUOTE(Zephyr @ Apr 19 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]127234[/snapback]

The head of the music studio ..is that ET as in ETE? I always wondered how someone not an SDA could be music head at a station touting itself as the standard for SDA worship and culture.I do like her music by the way. Sister you could write a book..thanks for the enlightenment. I for one look forward to reading you every day.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 5 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jul 4 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]137557[/snapback]

Easy SDA worship and culture consists of the music being technically correct. It has nothing to do with true praise or worship. Like the rest of our "message" it is cerebral(sp) and logical and has nothing to do with our emotions. Therefore, it is easy for anyone to be music head. They just have to be a fairly decent musician.

This isn't "easy SDA worship and culture". And the normal standards for "music being technically correct" are not really applicable to 3ABN culture, where the only thing that goes is what Danny likes, and what he does NOT like is music that is too "technically correct".

But the other element is that being Music Director at 3ABN, which is a community of workers that are together essentially seven days a week, is much different role than being the "minister of music" for a church group which meets once a week. And with the 3ABN environmnet being a subset of Adventism, and one which proclaims and postures itself as the "only" true face of Adventism, it is more than merely ironic that so many of the 3ABN persons in leadership roles are not even SDA themselves, but Pentecostal. And of the ones which are (now) baptized members, the vast majority are of Pentecostal backgrounds, which they have blended with a few Adventist doctrines--whether from conviction on the doctrines or convenience for their jobs is a matter of conjecture that few have any doubt about. And their basic Pentecostal belief system is what is then taught and caught by association and assimilation (as well as sometimes by overt instruction).

When one notes the animosity which conservative Adventists--both scholars and laymen--often display for anything "pentacostal" it is hard to imagine how Pentacostalism and extreme right wing Adventism can merge, as they do at 3ABN. Yet in fact, across the board, the two have an affiinity for each other at the deeper levels of belief and practice, even at the same time that one criticizes the other on more superficial levels.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church