Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10489&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:45:59 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Open Letter To Bsda, This letter was send to me from Barbara Kerr to publish here
Johann
post Apr 3 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #136

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Apr 3 2007, 02:19 AM) [snapback]189633[/snapback]

uhm.gif Who is that "strong" man. And doesn't scripture speak of a strong man somewhere?

In a conversation with one of the persons close to the top in our church I was told that the self-appointed pope of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who resides in Southern Illinois has a tremendous power with his financial backing. Therefore a number of Church leaders, especially in North America, fear mammon more than God.

This person urged me to appeal to as many as possible that we pray the Creator of Heaven and Earth may gain the Power through His Word and Spirit to be the guiding influence in our lives, that His work may soon be finished on earth.

So may God be glorified through this crisis, that we may learn to depend on divine aid in our lives rather than a man and his money.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Apr 3 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #137

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 3 2007, 02:34 AM) [snapback]189691[/snapback]

In a conversation with one of the persons close to the top in our church I was told that the self-appointed pope of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who resides in Southern Illinois has a tremendous power with his financial backing. Therefore a number of Church leaders, especially in North America, fear mammon more than God.

This person urged me to appeal to as many as possible that we pray the Creator of Heaven and Earth may gain the Power through His Word and Spirit to be the guiding influence in our lives, that His work may soon be finished on earth.

So may God be glorified through this crisis, that we may learn to depend on divine aid in our lives rather than a man and his money.

Johann,

I appreciate your post on this matter. I hope that you will continue posting these experiences you have. With the exception of the ardent supporters of DS and his actions, no one reading your posts has any doubt whatsoever of their veracity.

In another thread this morning, Soul Espresso asks the question:

"Here's a question for those reading this thread ... what's this situation doing to your Christian experience?"

I think that question deserves its own thread because I suspect the answers are myriad and complex. For me, posts of this nature both confirm my own doubts about the administration of this church but also give me hope that in the end God will be glorified and His word will reach those who need to hear it.

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Apr 3 2007, 07:40 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Apr 3 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #138

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Apr 3 2007, 08:40 AM) [snapback]189702[/snapback]

Johann,

I appreciate your post on this matter. I hope that you will continue posting these experiences you have. With the exception of the ardent supporters of DS and his actions, no one reading your posts has any doubt whatsoever of their veracity.

In another thread this morning, Soul Espresso asks the question:

"Here's a question for those reading this thread ... what's this situation doing to your Christian experience?"

I think that question deserves its own thread because I suspect the answers are myriad and complex. For me, posts of this nature both confirm my own doubts about the administration of this church but also give me hope that in the end God will be glorified and His word will reach those who need to hear it.

You have lifted my spirits this morning NW with this statement. I want to see God glorified!

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 3 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #139

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Apr 3 2007, 11:44 AM) [snapback]189779[/snapback]

You have lifted my spirits this morning NW with this statement. I want to see God glorified!

Amen!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 3 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #140

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 3 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]189797[/snapback]

Amen!

Yes, may God's will be done. He is making it clear to several of us that we must encourage the quest for truth to glorify His name. We see so many encouraging things happening and the support is continually growing as we pray that God may be honored through a renewed TV endeavor that will no longer hoist the image of its human half-founder on all of its publications and so many of its programs.

So let us serve our Saviour Jesus Christ and honor His name rather than Mammon and man!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church