Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10529&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:59 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shelton's Supporter....
sister
post Aug 21 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 21 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]146905[/snapback]

Is Garwin McNeilus still supporting Danny Shelton in the same way today as he was back then considering the situation now?

Yes. Read the latest "story" by Jorden VanBraun, "The Contributor", in the thread "Behind The Scenes". It is based upon testimony of a high official in the SDA Church, who chooses to remain unnamed, but felt that the church at large needs access to this information.

This post has been edited by sister: Aug 21 2006, 07:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 21 2006, 08:05 AM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 20 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]146835[/snapback]

So we are talking about something way back and prior to the Danny-Linda incident?

Re-reading this thread I am not sure if we are speaking of the same incidents. There are two major occurences involving Garwin McNeilus and two different GC presidents which have been posted on this forum are as follows. The first incident related in the 3ABN history thread, chapter 4, and the Televangelist are the same incident which occurred during the tenure of Folkenberg as GC President. The second incident in the thread, Who is it, titled the Contributor, has just occurred in the last two weeks and of course the sitting GC president is Jan Paulsen. Hopefully, this clarifies the situation between the two incidents. This may have already been obvious to you, but I thought it was better to make sure we are all on the same page in regard to these situations.

This post has been edited by sister: Aug 21 2006, 11:03 AM

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 21 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

So there were two incidents in which Garwin McNeilus met with a GC President and applied the same type of pressure; one before the 3ABN incident re Danny, Linda, etc., and the other since the 3ABN incident re Danny, Linda, etc.

By the way, I can't find anything mentioned about Garwin McNeilus in the "Behind The Scenes" thread.

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Aug 21 2006, 08:18 AM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 21 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 20 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]146835[/snapback]

So we are talking about something way back and prior to the Danny-Linda incident?

That is correct Daryl. It is very important to note that the problems at 3ABN did not begin with what you call the "Danny-Linda incident", nor are they encompassed by things that are directly connected with the relationship between Danny and Linda. Many of us knew from the beginning that Danny's expulsion of Linda and his subsequent persecution of her were but the "red herring" that could be counted on to draw everyone's attention away from the problems that were already there and had been there right from the beginning.

Thus while some seem to think that it is inappropriate to bring things up which happened before the visible "D/L incident", these are, in fact, some of the most important things as they show the much wider depth and breadth and duration of the ongoing problems we are facing now.

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 20 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]146848[/snapback]
. . . Yes, PM Watchbird, she posted a number of documents pertaining to this situation, I no longer remember exactly in which thread. If anyone has the desire to track down other sources pertaining to this incident, these documents will give some possibilities. Of course, you could contact Elder Folkenberg directly, my understanding is that he does have a website.

Yes, at the time that this came up in Sister's thread, Beartrap posted one of the documents, and I posted two others, so we could see exactly what the document contained that caused Gawin to go into orbit over it being an attempt to "CONTROL". I think there may have been some early discussion of this lost when Clay split a thread and formed a new thread to which he moved various "crucial documents", and I have not been able to find that. But the documents themselves, as well as our dialogue about those are in the thread called .......

3ABN crucial documents, starting with Post #12 and running to about #30, where the discussion veered away from the documents themselves. The direct url for Post #12 is:
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=129504

There is at least one other document, and possibly more, that I didn't post at that time. If I can find it again, I'll post it somewhere ... probably in that thread, and reference it from this one. But that may not happen any time soon.

+Quote Post
cottageK
post Aug 21 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 2,127

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 21 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]146909[/snapback]

Yes. Read the latest "story" by Jorden VanBraun, "The Contributor", in the thread "Behind The Scenes". It is based upon testimony of a high official in the SDA Church, who chooses to remain unnamed, but felt that the church at large needs access to this information.

So, according to the "The Contributor" story, it sounds like this story actually took place very recently? Is that a correct assumption? Since it mentions a young woman has produced documented proof of being sexually assulted by the Televangelist which has been sent to many church leaders--it seems that this is a very recent encounter between The Contributor and the World Conference, which I am interpreting to be the GC headquarters. Am wondering which of the females who were sexually assulted by the "Televangelist" is actually coming forth with documentation? I have an educated guess based on other postings I've been reading on this topic. Wonder if this documentation is a legal filing/action that is being taken? Otherwise, why would The Contributor assume the World Church leaders would take action against or cause damage in any way to the Televangelist and thus threaten to withhold financial support from the World Missions if the World Church leaders undermine the Televangelist?? Or am I not interpreting this story of "The Contributor" correctly?? Just wondering and wanted to hear others thoughts on "The Contributor" story.....

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 21 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 21 2006, 08:18 AM) [snapback]146914[/snapback]

So there were two incidents in which Garwin McNeilus met with a GC President and applied the same type of pressure; one before the 3ABN incident re Danny, Linda, etc., and the other since the 3ABN incident re Danny, Linda, etc.

Not exactly. For starters, we don't know how many times this scenario has been played out, we have mentioned two specific instances, and alluded to a third, without identifying Garwin as the individual referred to in that document, though other evidence would cause us to conclude that he was the one. Besides that we have evidence that would lead us to conclude that in the circles where such things are played out, this latest incident is neither uncommon nor unexpected.

But more precisely..... the incident which Sister described so graphically and which has to do with the documents mentioned, involved a meeting of the 3ABN board..... NOT a meeting with a GC President. The incident described by Jorgan VanBraun, which Sister posted in the "Who Is It?" describes a very recent incident, and she has given all the identifiers that can be given publicly at this time. I can add, however, that I have email which does identify the person who reported the incident, so I can attest to the validity of her description.

By the way, I can't find anything mentioned about Garwin McNeilus in the "Behind The Scenes" thread.

Oopsie...... wrong thread ...... it is actually to be found in the "NEWS FLASH" in the "Who Is It" thread, Post #38. The direct url to that is:
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=144100

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 21 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(cottageK @ Aug 21 2006, 08:23 AM) [snapback]146919[/snapback]

So, according to the "The Contributor" story, it sounds like this story actually took place very recently? Is that a correct assumption? Since it mentions a young woman has produced documented proof of being sexually assulted by the Televangelist which has been sent to many church leaders--it seems that this is a very recent encounter between The Contributor and the World Conference, which I am interpreting to be the GC headquarters. Am wondering which of the females who were sexually assulted by the "Televangelist" is actually coming forth with documentation? I have an educated guess based on other postings I've been reading on this topic. Wonder if this documentation is a legal filing/action that is being taken? Otherwise, why would The Contributor assume the World Church leaders would take action against or cause damage in any way to the Televangelist and thus threaten to withhold financial support from the World Missions if the World Church leaders undermine the Televangelist?? Or am I not interpreting this story of "The Contributor" correctly?? Just wondering and wanted to hear others thoughts on "The Contributor" story.....

Welcome to BSDA. For someone who has only been here one day, you have read quite accurately....though perhaps you have been reading for more than one day.

As to what I thought of the Contributor story ... I thought it was a very skillful way of weaving together various facts (that I was already acquainted with) into a concise and coherent narrative.

As far as the identity of the victim referenced in that story, out of respect for her privacy and pain, we are attempting to honor her request that her name not be associated with this statement on any public forum. It may be circulated via private email to "church leaders and ministers", but our discussion on the forum is to be limited to the type of abuse rather than to the specific person who made the statement. Having said that, however, if you peruse the pages of BSDA carefully, you will be able to piece together the various parts of the story that have been alluded to in various places ... most often without giving her name.

As to why the Contribuor would assume World Church leaders would take some action unless he put pressure on them to not do so .... this present statement is only the latest in a two year attempt to get Church leaders to recognize the problems at 3ABN and to take what action they can to separate our church from 3ABN. And some very highly placed church leaders have been involved in putting increasingly urgent calls on GC leadership to "take action". So The Contributor was well aware that if he wanted to continue to protect Dan Shelton and 3ABN, he would have to take some direct and emphatic measures.

Since 3ABN is wholely owned by Danny Shelton, there is really nothing that the church can do of a legal nature against them. The church, however, DOES have the ability to "blacklist" any individual and organization. It has proven that in the past, and it could be applied to 3ABN and Dan Shelton as well. This ability includes such things and sending directives to churches that no 3ABN representatives are permitted to make presentations of any kind in church buildings or church owned facilities of any kind. They could also give directives to the Conferences, Media Center, and all Ministries.... whether church sponsored or independent .... that no entity calling themselves Seventh-day Adventist is to utilize 3ABN for broadcast purposes.

As it is, by the "three monkey" approach, the church is giving tacit approval to 3ABN and the churches have no reason to doubt the claims of 3ABN, that they are the "true" voice and face of Adventism.

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Aug 21 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 21 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]146909[/snapback]

==================================================
Where is "The Contributor" story in "Behind The Scenes"? I only find "The Solution" story there.
Bill

--------------------
========================================
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
-------------------------------------------------------
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 21 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(meadbd @ Aug 21 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]146923[/snapback]

==================================================
Where is "The Contributor" story in "Behind The Scenes"? I only find "The Solution" story there.
Bill

Sorry, Bill. Too many threads to remember, as Watchbird stated correctly, it is in the "Who is it" thread. Hope that clears up the confusion.

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Aug 21 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 21 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]146950[/snapback]

Sorry, Bill. Too many threads to remember, as Watchbird stated correctly, it is in the "Who is it" thread. Hope that clears up the confusion.

=========================================
I found it. Thanks alot.

--------------------
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill

+Quote Post
cottageK
post Aug 21 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 21 2006, 09:03 AM) [snapback]146921[/snapback]

Welcome to BSDA. For someone who has only been here one day, you have read quite accurately....though perhaps you have been reading for more than one day.

As to what I thought of the Contributor story ... I thought it was a very skillful way of weaving together various facts (that I was already acquainted with) into a concise and coherent narrative.

As far as the identity of the victim referenced in that story, out of respect for her privacy and pain, we are attempting to honor her request that her name not be associated with this statement on any public forum. It may be circulated via private email to "church leaders and ministers", but our discussion on the forum is to be limited to the type of abuse rather than to the specific person who made the statement. Having said that, however, if you peruse the pages of BSDA carefully, you will be able to piece together the various parts of the story that have been alluded to in various places ... most often without giving her name.

As to why the Contribuor would assume World Church leaders would take some action unless he put pressure on them to not do so .... this present statement is only the latest in a two year attempt to get Church leaders to recognize the problems at 3ABN and to take what action they can to separate our church from 3ABN. And some very highly placed church leaders have been involved in putting increasingly urgent calls on GC leadership to "take action". So The Contributor was well aware that if he wanted to continue to protect Dan Shelton and 3ABN, he would have to take some direct and emphatic measures.

Since 3ABN is wholely owned by Danny Shelton, there is really nothing that the church can do of a legal nature against them. The church, however, DOES have the ability to "blacklist" any individual and organization. It has proven that in the past, and it could be applied to 3ABN and Dan Shelton as well. This ability includes such things and sending directives to churches that no 3ABN representatives are permitted to make presentations of any kind in church buildings or church owned facilities of any kind. They could also give directives to the Conferences, Media Center, and all Ministries.... whether church sponsored or independent .... that no entity calling themselves Seventh-day Adventist is to utilize 3ABN for broadcast purposes.

As it is, by the "three monkey" approach, the church is giving tacit approval to 3ABN and the churches have no reason to doubt the claims of 3ABN, that they are the "true" voice and face of Adventism.

[color=#CC0000]Hi Wathcbird and thanks for the welcome!
I have been reading (sometimes invisibly and other times under my forum name) since last Thursday night (17th) when my brother first told me about this site. I've lost a lot of sleep giggle.gif because I couldn't pull myself away from all the postings. But I did want to acquaint myself with as many of the postings as possible, especially since I know a close family member of D.Mundall's, who first in June of 2004 and since, has told me a LOT of stuff about the questionable goings on at 3ABN. Until I started reading the BSDA re 3ABN, I had never heard from anyone else about these same things that were told me previously. So I have found it extremely informative..... (incidently, I have never met D. Mundall personally, but only know of him through this particular family member of his...) So in June 2004, when I first heard about Linda's being ousted, I could not blindly accept the reasonings given for such an action. So right away I was skeptical concerning the 'spiritual adultery' thing....So have kept my ears tuned for more info. Then I was recently directed to this forum and wow, it has been nearly TMI, but I am tasting and digesting slowly the additional info divulged by others on BSDA!

color=#CC0000] I also thought the aricle "The Contributor" was a skillfull way of letting some facts be known. Just like "The Televangelist" which I printed off for my husband to read!

[color=#CC0000]I totally agree with protecting the privacy of the victim who is now coming forward--and really didn't want or need to know the name--was just kinda 'thinking out-loud' when I wrote that I wondered who... But as I said I have pretty well pieced the 'who' part together in my mind. It takes a lot of courage to come forward with that type of testimony and I am praying for 'whomever' it is, that she will experience peace of mind and healing because of it.

[color=#CC0000]I also agree with you that there really is nothing 'the church' can do from a legal standpoint---- But maybe these persons who've been sexually abused will eventually be able to take legal action, and consequently DS may be forced out of the top leadership at 3ABN and its restructuring could then take place. But then again, the statutes of limitations may have long ago 'run out' for the victims' legal cases. Plus to actually come forward with any personal testimony, could only re-open their wounds and worst nightmares, forcing them to relive it all over again! Possibly not a viable option for them....It just makes me sick to think of those who were so abused--my heart goes out to them!

I know some people take practically everything DS says as 'the gospel truth' so they wouldn't be open to things that have been posted in BSDA. Some people I know are in "The Contributor's" inner circle of friends and family, (though I am not personally). That is how in 2004 I found out about the PI trailing Linda and that evidence was 'supposedly' found to prove to the 3ABN board she was 'unfaithful' to DS. But the details of the actual evidence were never shared with me, and thus I was skeptical (and still am) of the supposed evidence!

Although I am a newbie to BSDA, my mind was wide open to this topic before, and certainly is now that I have come to the BSDA forum. Its made for many hours of very intriguing reading for me!!
(Since I am new to this, I am still learning the "how's" of replying. So hope it comes across okay.)

~~cottageK

This post has been edited by cottageK: Sep 1 2006, 12:55 AM

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 21 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

I'm sorry I'm so far behind on these thngs. What and where is "The Contributor"?

+Quote Post
cottageK
post Aug 21 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(justme @ Aug 21 2006, 07:40 PM) [snapback]147121[/snapback]

I'm sorry I'm so far behind on these thngs. What and where is "The Contributor"?

FYI for "justme":

"The Contributor" is found under the topic, "Who Is It? a guessing game" where "Sister" posted another article written by Jorgen VanBraun entitled, "The Contributor"

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 21 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(cottageK @ Aug 22 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]147042[/snapback]

[color=#CC0000]

That is how in 2004 I found out about the PI trailing Linda and that evidence was 'supposedly' found to prove to the 3ABN board she was 'unfaithful' to DS. But the details of the actual evidence were never shared with me, and thus I was skeptical (and still am) of the supposed evidence!

~~cottageK

Welcome cottageK. Together with Linda I was also trailed by those three PIs. They do, of course, what they get paid for. They took the pictures called for as "evidence" and failed to show what would disprove it.

Linda needed desparetely help to provide the 3ABN with a letter for the meetng the following morning. Something went wrong with her software, but I was able to help her. Both Dr. Arild Abrahamsen and I went there to help her at her daughter's apartment.

Let me make it clear that both of us had come all the way from Norway to testify before the board of Linda's innosence, so we were stayng at a hotel near Thompsonville while Linda was in Springfield where her daughter lived. But Danny Shelton chased us away and said he'd have the police arrest us for trespassing private property.

Our testimony would have voided Danny's alibi to divorce Linda and marry Brandy, so you can understand he was desperate!

So we drove to Springfield to help Linda, trailed by the PI, and we knew they were there, because Danny had told us. It took us till about 3AM to get Linda's computter working. Then we left for our hotel, but spy cameras can do wonders. The PI managed to get a picture of Dr. Arild leaving the apartment without me getting into the picture, and this picture was presented the following morning at the board meeting as a proof that Linda was guilty of committing adultery. Can you see how desperate Danny Shelton was to get rid of Linda?

Danny volunteered a lot of information at that tiime. He told us his friend, Garvin MacNeilus had offered him to pay for a PI trailing Linda for the rest of her life. Later he also offered the information that Garvin was using up to 15 lawyers to prove that he was telling the truth, indicating that Garvin would make those available to him too. Some of us wonder what kind of statements need an army of 15 lawyers to prove they are true?

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 22 2006, 12:03 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Fstpicker
post Aug 22 2006, 02:49 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,979

So we drove to Springfield to help Linda, trailed by the PI, and we knew they were there, because Danny had told us. It took us till about 3AM to get Linda's computter working. Then we left for our hotel, but spy cameras can do wonders. The PI managed to get a picture of Dr. Arild leaving the apartment without me getting into the picture, and this picture was presented the following morning at the board meeting as a proof that Linda was guilty of committing adultery. Can you see how desperate Danny Shelton was to get rid of Linda?

Danny volunteered a lot of information at that tiime. He told us his friend, Garvin MacNeilus had offered him to pay for a PI trailing Linda for the rest of her life. Later he also offered the information that Garvin was using up to 15 lawyers to prove that he was telling the truth, indicating that Garvin would make those available to him too. Some of us wonder what kind of statements need an army of 15 lawyers to prove they are true?

This is really incredible, the lengths to which he would go in order to "twist" the evidence his way!! I certainly does show how desperate he was to prove his case. Doesn't sound like he was trying to be reconciled, or "work things out" with Linda, contrary to what he has claimed, does it?! Sick minds truly act out in sick ways it seems. But I guess the end is supposed to justify the means. Hmm...

As you were...

Fstpicker

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church