Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10529&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:56:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shelton's Supporter....
Uncle Sam
post Aug 22 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,650

Thank you for the apology:) My parents went through something similiar as 3ABN but sadly it was true. It was at one of our colleges I know how ugly things can get. Adventist can be vicious!

Once the ministries were "lost" because of Danny, why didn't the people speak out? I really admire Barbara Kerr for speaking out. I know how hard that must have been.

I was one of those that enjoyed 3ABN because of Linda, I really enjoyed her music too. I rarely if ever watch now. I did write Danny a couple of letters. I told him he needed to just quit talking about the "rumors" it is a real turn off and embarassing for non SDAs to watch. The last couple of Live shows have made me sick, I couldn't watch more than a couple of minutes. He just said there are people that feel he should defend himself. More and more people in the church are questionings things because he cannot leave it alone. He will hang himself....

I was having serious questions throughout this mess, but when Danny got married that was it for me. I think he did everything so quietly, I mean most didn't even know he was "dating" anyone. When that happened and he wouldn't shut up about the rumors that is when I found this forum and it has been VERY eye opening. When he married that really made me see him differently. We have been up there to volunteer, he has never spoken to my family although he could have. Most of the people we met up there were very standoffish. There were some nice people but the "on air" people were not friendly at all, even when we were their "neighbors". I just really saw a different side of things and it made me sad.....I must say there were a couple of people that most would recognize that were nice.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fstpicker
post Aug 22 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 1,979

Uncle Sam,

It sounds like you have been through a good bit of pain with this type of thing ( or similar) before. It is good to hear from you and I enjoyed reading your posts.

Please keep posting. We can all learn something worthwhile together from this.

Fstpicker

This post has been edited by Fstpicker: Aug 22 2006, 10:10 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 22 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #48

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Aug 22 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]147384[/snapback]

I was one of those that enjoyed 3ABN because of Linda, I really enjoyed her music too. I rarely if ever watch now. I did write Danny a couple of letters. I told him he needed to just quit talking about the "rumors" it is a real turn off and embarassing for non SDAs to watch. The last couple of Live shows have made me sick, I couldn't watch more than a couple of minutes. He just said there are people that feel he should defend himself. More and more people in the church are questionings things because he cannot leave it alone. He will hang himself....

Yes, if he's given enough rope, and he will likely hang himself. That's much better than the GC trying to do it. Remember that's how God is dealing with Satan: He's given Him enough rope to hang himself -- He's given him the opportunity to reveal his real character to the universe. But it is taking a lot of time. Just so, it may still take a lot more time for the 3ABN situation to work itself out. We need to pray that the Lord will open they eyes of enough people so things will become clear sooner rather than later.
I was having serious questions throughout this mess, but when Danny got married that was it for me. I think he did everything so quietly, I mean most didn't even know he was "dating" anyone. When that happened and he wouldn't shut up about the rumors that is when I found this forum and it has been VERY eye opening. When he married that really made me see him differently. We have been up there to volunteer, he has never spoken to my family although he could have. Most of the people we met up there were very standoffish. There were some nice people but the "on air" people were not friendly at all, even when we were their "neighbors". I just really saw a different side of things and it made me sad.....I must say there were a couple of people that most would recognize that were nice.

Well, Uncle Sam, why don't you share the names of the people at 3ABN "that were nice"? Surely there's no harm in that?!

Btw, I've enjoyed your posts here.

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Aug 23 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 22 2006, 10:23 PM) [snapback]147405[/snapback]

Yes, if he's given enough rope, and he will likely hang himself. That's much better than the GC trying to do it. Remember that's how God is dealing with Satan: He's given Him enough rope to hang himself -- He's given him the opportunity to reveal his real character to the universe. But it is taking a lot of time. Just so, it may still take a lot more time for the 3ABN situation to work itself out. We need to pray that the Lord will open they eyes of enough people so things will become clear sooner rather than later.

Well, Uncle Sam, why don't you share the names of the people at 3ABN "that were nice"? Surely there's no harm in that?!

Btw, I've enjoyed your posts here.

Thank you for the kind words:)

The nice people that we met were Shelly Quinns husband, extremely nice. Jay Christianson was also very nice. All of the people in the Latino department were nice, the Dinzeys were very friendly. Most of the behind the scenes people were friendly. We were there when the school was having a program so we went, most of the Sheltons were there Tommy's family etc. we sat right by them and they never even smiled at us.
Danny was talking to John Dinzey, and we needed to talk to John also, so we politely walked up to John. Waited for a break in the conversation, than asked John our question. Danny never even acknowlegded we were there. Never smiled never spoke. I just thought it was rude.....That is not to say he HAS to be say anything to us, but he wants our money and for volunteers to come up there. At least he could be polite, I am not asking for anymore than that...

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 23 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

US,

In any organization you are going to find the best and worst. In reading the conversations here about who was "naughty" and who was "nice" I have to wonder, is there a public Danny, a public Linda, an on-air Danny, an on-air Linda, a private Danny, a private Linda?

There are people that like Linda's quite, gentle ways on-air. Others are drawn to Danny's affiable, self-depricating charm. But when they walk off the set and are in business mode isn't it quite possible that they both could have been (still are) hard to work with and overbearing. We hear about this all the time about people on Hollywood sets. Given that both are not saints and are human like all of us - could they have weaknesses, such as a need to control, have their own way? I have heard (yes, secondary source) from individuals working with both that they were strong and determined individuals. Both have dominant personalities. Can we see problems coming, of course.

I am glad you met some of the more personalable people at 3ABN. I have had occassion to meet one or two myself and found them very Christian in their dealings and conversations with me.

However, when you deal with the issues of the top individuals on the broadcasting end - you are talking about two people have developed a strong cult of personality around themselves and the supporters of each are just as dogmatic in their adherence to the party line.

-fhb

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Aug 23 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]147462[/snapback]

Thank you for the kind words:)

The nice people that we met were Shelly Quinns husband, extremely nice. Jay Christianson was also very nice. All of the people in the Latino department were nice, the Dinzeys were very friendly. Most of the behind the scenes people were friendly. We were there when the school was having a program so we went, most of the Sheltons were there Tommy's family etc. we sat right by them and they never even smiled at us.
Danny was talking to John Dinzey, and we needed to talk to John also, so we politely walked up to John. Waited for a break in the conversation, than asked John our question. Danny never even acknowlegded we were there. Never smiled never spoke. I just thought it was rude.....That is not to say he HAS to be say anything to us, but he wants our money and for volunteers to come up there. At least he could be polite, I am not asking for anymore than that...

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Aug 23 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 23 2006, 07:50 AM) [snapback]147470[/snapback]

US,

In any organization you are going to find the best and worst. In reading the conversations here about who was "naughty" and who was "nice" I have to wonder, is there a public Danny, a public Linda, an on-air Danny, an on-air Linda, a private Danny, a private Linda?

There are people that like Linda's quite, gentle ways on-air. Others are drawn to Danny's affiable, self-depricating charm. But when they walk off the set and are in business mode isn't it quite possible that they both could have been (still are) hard to work with and overbearing. We hear about this all the time about people on Hollywood sets. Given that both are not saints and are human like all of us - could they have weaknesses, such as a need to control, have their own way? I have heard (yes, secondary source) from individuals working with both that they were strong and determined individuals. Both have dominant personalities. Can we see problems coming, of course.

I am glad you met some of the more personalable people at 3ABN. I have had occassion to meet one or two myself and found them very Christian in their dealings and conversations with me.

However, when you deal with the issues of the top individuals on the broadcasting end - you are talking about two people have developed a strong cult of personality around themselves and the supporters of each are just as dogmatic in their adherence to the party line.

-fhb

I understand that people can be/are different when they are "on". I did not expect Danny to be the same on/off camera but when you are in the position he is in there comes responsibility. He does not need to be anymore than polite. It was after church that I experienced his "rudeness".

I have been around other "leaders" in our church, and they are different when they are not "onstage" but most are at least cordial. Some are shy, one on one but they can at least say hello, otherwise it is bad manners....

If that is what happens to Christians when they get in these types of leadership roles maybe it is time to step down.......

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Aug 23 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

I have a question. The thread I read this on has been closed and this is the closest thread I can find to my question. Two weeks ago the contributor was supposed to be at the GC making his threats about his donating to missions. What happened there, do we know? I am very concerned about our leadership of the church. If they don't take a stand who will? It is not about what is good for the church it is about what is the right thing to do as a christian. There is a big difference there. My father was a pastor and my uncle was a VP of the GC and I have a really hard time agreeing we should do something because it is for the good of the church. The church is made up of human beings that are fallible you can't rely on them for absolute truth You can only go to God and the Bible and ask for divine quidance. I fear that if the wrong decisions are made (for the good of the church) we may be in for a very big fall before this is all finished. It won't be just Danny & Linda it will be the Adventist church of which you and I are a part

This post has been edited by Truly Blonde: Aug 23 2006, 10:46 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 23 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #53

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 22 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]147275[/snapback]

unless they were naked and intertwined in those pics they have no proof.... and then again, how do we know that those pics weren't "doctored" just as t.v. shows can be edited..... the more I know the more it stinks...

Jes like the "original" pictures of EG White with the brooch and chain were "airbrushed" to remove the jewelry......
QUOTE(Nuggie @ Aug 22 2006, 04:26 PM) [snapback]147311[/snapback]

In the words of Boris Yeltsin: "You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long."

Imma use this one....
QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Aug 22 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]147370[/snapback]

..... Once again why was it so easy for most to believe Danny and not Linda??????

QUOTE(justme @ Aug 22 2006, 09:20 PM) [snapback]147380[/snapback]

....Danny hires, Danny fires, Danny signs all the checks, Danny , Danny , Danny. it is so sad it has gone so far that it can seen all the way from here.

That is the main reason why "most...believe Danny and not Linda..." That's it in a nutshell.... yes.gif
QUOTE(justme @ Aug 22 2006, 09:20 PM) [snapback]147380[/snapback]

By the way, Uncle Sam, what becomes of all the money I send you every year.

I got this! giggle.gif
Who is FICA and why does he get all my money?

snack.gif

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Aug 23 2006, 11:20 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 24 2006, 12:04 AM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 24 2006, 12:20 AM) [snapback]147654[/snapback]

Jes like the "original" pictures of EG White with the brooch and chain were "airbrushed" to remove the jewelry......

offtopic2.gif But I just couldn't let this off-repeated accusation stand as factual. Go to http://www.ellengwhite.info/jewelry-contradiction-a.htm and see just which picture has been modified (i.e. tampered with). The way I see it, the whole White Estate picture is much darker, not just the "brooch." How do you know it was "air brushed"? Do you have the "real original" in your possession that you write with such assurance that the "original" has been tampered with?

Re, I very much appreciate your posts, especially when you write in dialiect. But why do you feel compelled to put down Ellen White and/or the Adventist church so frequently? While your put-downs could be answered much like this one -- where you choose to believe the worst possible interpretation -- it usually takes the conversation off-topic.

Again, why do you do this?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church