Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10609&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:38 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 3abn Saga, is it becoming a witch hunt?
Panama_Pete
post Aug 24 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]147707[/snapback]

Of late the discussion appears (to me) to be expanding into Mr. Shelton's extended family more and their deeds and misdeeds.... I don't think its right, nor fair to "expose" them..... to me when you go there it is akin to being a witch hunt... why would we need to know about extended family to understand what kind of person Mr. Shelton is?

thoughts?

It's important to know that Danny Shelton does all hiring and firing. He chooses who works at 3ABN and who does not.

Danny has been:

(1) hiring more of his relatives and has been featuring more of them on the network more often.

(2) the Shelton relatives that are appearing on TV are mentioned in the first-hand accounts. And there are two more first-hand accounts than there were in June.

a. Arild Abrahamsen's account made available to us about July 20.
b. Barbara Kerr's account made available to us within the last few days.

Tommy Shelton is mentioned in the Barbara Kerr letter as being in charge of programmming and telling Barbara that she wouldn't be needed any more.

Melody Shelton is mentioned in the Abrahamsen letter as being acceptable to appear on the network when Linda was not.

3ABN uses the phrase "Your 3ABN Family" over and over as a form of conditioning.

Subconsciously, some may feel that Kay Kuzma, Brenda Walsh, and John Lomacang are somehow members of that extended "3ABN Family" when such is not the case. As a result, the "expansion" into the rest of the "family" may seem bigger than it is. For an example of the non-related 3ABN Family, Kay Kuzma is mentioned as not including Barbara Kerr in the recent book.

To understand what is in the "pinned" letters, you would have to understand who the "on-air" network employees are and who comprises this extended 3ABN Family .

I do understand that as the story unfolds in any book, the characters get fleshed out chapter by chapter. It's part of the normal course of events in any story. At the beginning of every book there is a section journalists call the exposition. We're forced to add to our own exposition as more and more people gather the courage to come forward. That's why is seems like an expansion.

I would expect, however, that these first-hand accounts by Barbara Kerr and Arild Abrahamsen have resulted in outside "pressure" by the same people who were pressuring Stan Jensen at ClubAdventist. Would that be fair to say?

In reality, it's the people who hired the private investigators who have been doing the real "hunting." Our "expansion" has been, more often than not, a response to some event precipitated by those hunters.

That's my take on things,

Pete

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 24 2006, 11:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 24 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]147707[/snapback]

... why would we need to know about extended family to understand what kind of person Mr. Shelton is?

The extended family that is not currently involved with Danny or 3ABN is none of our business. However, those that regularly appear with him as "the face of Adventism" on the TV shows and in the fundraising events at various churches should concern us. This includes, among others, the daughter that is regularly featured as a singer on the shows and appears with him at fundraisers.

I remember being a bit taken aback at the heavy exposure given this daughter right after Linda was kicked out. To me it almost appeared as though this daughter was being set up to be a replacement for Linda. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 24 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]147743[/snapback]

while some of the material shared predates the divorce, the question remains why didn't we hear anything? Some of these forums have been around longer than 2 years, so if people were speaking out where were they speaking out?

As far as how or where the info comes to light i.e. friendly or unfriendly what difference does it make?

This situation is symbollic of a greater problem. Maybe the Lord lets things happen because He knew it would lead to a more expansive opening of things. His ultimate goal is to bring each person to Him - no matter what it takes.

All things work together - and His ways are mysterious.

I have felt all along, this was about the BIG picture. The church, leadership, organization. Many things are what they are because things have been left as they were, instead of people standing up and being used by God to bring things aright, because they should be right. After all, we are chrisians aren't we? Using HIS name?

I believe it's been a snowball in many forms, allowed to be rolling down the hill for years, pushed even by leaders and people with power who want their own selfish desires before God's desires.

Maybe it's the beginning of the sifting and shaking? I know God will use whatever He needs to / want's to, to bring us to our back, so we have to look up. Repentence, choices, restitution, healing, forgiveness, it's all there and available. Will we each of us get it (what's really being shown in all this)?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 24 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Fran @ Aug 24 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]147738[/snapback]

Now that allegations include molestation, he needs charges brought against him and a court needs to put him behind bars for a very long time if a court finds these accusations are true.
If the courts decide otherwise, I would still keep my children and any other children I see around him, away from his presence. I base this on the problems that his daughter has exibited in her behavior. That is not to criticize his daughter in anyway because what happened to her was NOT her fault. She has enough to deal with without everyone condemning her. She probably needs more time to figure out how it all happened.
<snip>
When someone has been abused mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, sexually, ... this person cannot figure things out because the things are happening *to* them. They have a very distorted, clouded view of what AVERAGE is. What is normal, acceptable behavior. What is a normal acceptable family. How does a normal acceptable father act? They may even think maybe this happens to every child! They just don't know. They may even think maybe all kids get beat or molested! They do not know how a husband is supposed to act or behave. How does one break the mold?

The experience is life changing and getting it straight takes a lifetime.

Having a knowledge that this is not right while experiencing it is very confusing. In fact, it is learned behavior; taught by the father, mother, spouse or an outside party.

The first step in healing after sexual molestation is to recognize the abuse. It is traumatic, to be sure, but it is also freeing and the beginning of healing. (I have witnessed more than one occasion of such a point of recognition of abuse long sealed off in the mind, and the trauma can hardly be underestimated.)

In the daughter's case what adds to the confusion is that she would surely like to be a singer, and the father is enabling that dream. Even if she is beginning to realize the wrong that has been done to her, how can a young woman whose self-image has been so distorted by molestation take the step to freedom without outside help? Add to that the fact that the abuser is likely the source of significant financial support.

Next to Dan Shelton's heartfelt confession and repentance, the best thing that could happen to Dan Shelton's daugher is that he be exposed for what he is. Then she will need a lot of support. We can only hope that the Mr. Firestone she married is a decent and stable man who can give her some of that support. I sure hope that he's not working for 3ABN!

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 24 2006, 11:18 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 24 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

so the info has been shared that Mr. Shelton may not be the best of people, might be on the scuzzie side, isn't that enough or must the skeletons in all the closets be freed to prove what kind of person he is?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 24 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]147758[/snapback]

so the info has been shared that Mr. Shelton may not be the best of people, might be on the scuzzie side, isn't that enough or must the skeletons in all the closets be freed to prove what kind of person he is?

All of us are "scuzzie" in some way(s). He is a "leader" who "sells" Jesus. He has MORE accountability and responsiblity. Where is the line Clay? How bad can sin get? How do we remain "christian" in our expirience without going to far? Do we need to know how bad sin really is, is that part of why it never rises up again? dunno.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 24 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 24 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]147766[/snapback]

All of us are "scuzzie" in some way(s). He is a "leader" who "sells" Jesus. He has MORE accountability and responsiblity. Where is the line Clay? How bad can sin get? How do we remain "christian" in our expirience without going to far? Do we need to know how bad sin really is, is that part of why it never rises up again? dunno.gif

my point is that based on the divorce thing is enough for me not to support 3abn (not that I was inclined to support them anyway), so I am asking how much more until people look like the father of Ron Goldman who just couldn't let go of his obsession, or hatred, or preoccupation with O.J. go.... dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 24 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #23

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 24 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]147758[/snapback]

It's not just to "prove" what kind of person somebody is or even to withhold financial support.

We understand that these 3ABN people -- not just Danny Shelton -- called Dr. Mable Dunbar on the phone and also Barbara Kerr's minister and/or scheduled participants. Who really knows how many other people they called and what they said?

Each of us has to ask, "What if they did that to me?"

Imagine watching a football or baseball game and having to watch a close-up of just one player, exclusively, for a few hours, with no other players in sight. How could we ever figure out what's going on?

3ABN's Stained Glass Watergate was and remains a team effort by the people associated with Mr. Shelton. If we limit ourselves to a close-up of one player, we won't be able to see the game they are playing.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 24 2006, 11:55 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 24 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #25

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 24 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]147789[/snapback]

It's not just to "prove" what kind of person somebody is or even to withhold financial support.

We understand that these 3ABN people -- not just Danny Shelton -- called Dr. Mable Dunbar on the phone and also Barbara Kerr's minister. Who really knows how many other people they called and what they said?

Each of us has to ask, "What if they did that to me?"

Imagine watching a football or baseball game and having to watch a close-up of just one player, exclusively, for a few hours, with no other players in sight. How could we ever figure out what's going on?

3ABN's Stained Glass Watergate was and remains a team effort by the people associated with Mr. Shelton. If we limit ourselves to a close-up of one player, we won't be able to see the game they are playing.

so what is the goal? you see the big picture, other people see the big picture now what? there will be those who even in spite of all the "evidence" will firmly support Mr. Shelton.... so what is the ultimate goal?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Aug 24 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 10:58 AM) [snapback]147743[/snapback]

while some of the material shared predates the divorce, the question remains why didn't we hear anything? Some of these forums have been around longer than 2 years, so if people were speaking out where were they speaking out?

A friend has a lovely tree in front of his house -- one of those that has about twenty parts coming out of the ground. It was beautiful and he was proud of it. BUT there was a wind storm and one of those broke off below ground level and the top of the tree hit his house. When he took a look, he found that the base of the whole tree was rotten and filled with ants and other crawling creatures. He would never have thought to check it out unless part of it had been exposed.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 24 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]147793[/snapback]

so what is the goal? you see the big picture, other people see the big picture now what? there will be those who even in spite of all the "evidence" will firmly support Mr. Shelton.... so what is the ultimate goal?

How simple should it be? Good vs Evil? Is it going to be a true reflection of who worships who and why? What can I learn from this? That's how I always think of things when I watch the human race playing out..

p.s. Isn't this why we have our bible stories too? WAKE UP people!

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Aug 24 2006, 11:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 24 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Move over Re'! Have some popcorn, some of this delicious warm dip I made, tortillas chips? snack.gif popcom.gif pepsi.gif

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 24 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]147778[/snapback]

snack.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 24 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 24 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]147796[/snapback]

How simple should it be? Good vs Evil? Is it going to be a true reflection of who worships who and why? What can I learn from this? That's how I always think of things when I watch the human race playing out..

p.s. Isn't this why we have our bible stories too? WAKE UP people!

we are not asleep..... some of us never "exalted" 3abn or Mr. Shelton viewing him as the latest prophet on the block.... I suspect that if people had continued treating him as human, and called him on that foolishness early on we wouldn't be discussing him here and now... given his wealth, his financial backing it would be safe to say that the church remains vulnerable to those who have money... some of us were not impressed...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 24 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]147793[/snapback]

A consensus will develop as to what needs to be done.

A consensus doesn't require that "everyone" be in agreement. You just need some sort of working quorum or majority.

We hope this will be sooner than later.

But, yes, there will be those who have no desire to see any changes.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church