Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10609&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:55:39 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 3abn Saga, is it becoming a witch hunt?
Clay
post Aug 24 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #31

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 24 2006, 12:14 PM) [snapback]147818[/snapback]

A consensus will develop as to what needs to be done.

A consensus doesn't require that "everyone" be in agreement. You just need some sort of working quorum or majority.

We hope this will be sooner than later.

But, yes, there will be those who have no desire to see any changes.

so then at this moment there is no goal....

one other question comes to mind.... who will this quorem be comprised of, and how can it make a determination about a privately run business?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 24 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]147773[/snapback]

my point is that based on the divorce thing is enough for me not to support 3abn

That was clearly not enough for many people. The question is how much will they put up with in the name of "supporting the ministry"? At some point even the most "charitable" might get the idea that being involved in broadcasting Christian programs does not absolve one of moral responsibility. And perhaps they may even get the idea that having a morally bankrupt person as "the face of Adventism" is not a very good idea either? dunno.gif

Is there a way to get out a more positive messages -- that God is well able to get His message out without using immoral tactics?

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]147828[/snapback]

What is the goal for the rest of the sections on this board?

The way I see it, this section of the board has served as a clearing house and a place for 3ABN folks to meet and tell their stories. It seems evident that those who go to work for/with 3ABN generally get brainwashed, and they quell their misgivings "for the good of the ministry," not knowing that many (maybe most?) of their co-workers have similar misgivings. When they leave because of their misgivings, they may still feel alone, not ever getting the "big picture." The varied stories on this board have filled out the picture, and the message has gone much farther than this board to the very people who need to hear and act. We shall see how much more it takes before they feel free to act ...

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 24 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]147828[/snapback]

one other question comes to mind.... who will this quorem be comprised of, and how can it make a determination about a privately run business?

The quorem of the consumers of a product always make the determination of that product whether the business is privately run, publicly held, government of non profit... if, based on the quality of the product or the lack of same... or on the quality/ethics/moral turpitude of those who run the business or create/deliver the product, it is determined that the product or it's producer is no longer adequate they will take their business elsewhere and seek another source.

When that happens in sufficient numbers, the product/business ceases to be a viable entity.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 24 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

They may have been going through the biblical process before the Danny & Linda separation and divorce, before finally going the forum route.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Aug 24 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]147805[/snapback]

we are not asleep..... some of us never "exalted" 3abn or Mr. Shelton viewing him as the latest prophet on the block.... I suspect that if people had continued treating him as human, and called him on that foolishness early on we wouldn't be discussing him here and now... given his wealth, his financial backing it would be safe to say that the church remains vulnerable to those who have money... some of us were not impressed...

spoton.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Aug 24 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 24 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]147805[/snapback]

we are not asleep..... some of us never "exalted" 3abn or Mr. Shelton viewing him as the latest prophet on the block.... I suspect that if people had continued treating him as human, and called him on that foolishness early on we wouldn't be discussing him here and now...

That is because Adventist theology exalts "the truth" as all that is important. As long as you are fullfilling the three angels' message everything else is overlooked (until the smell becomes too offensive). By then, it is often much too late. I am willing to wager that 99% of those on this list still believe with all their hearts that the Adventist church has "the truth." Pardon me. I meant "the truth for these last days."

This post has been edited by Rough7Seas: Aug 24 2006, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 24 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

Perhaps this could be considered a witch hunt if Dan's extended family discussed here were honest, hardworking people not involved with 3ABN itself. When a business (note I didn't say ministry) is started as a family corporation and over the years it is that family that benefits and takes advantage of that business, it is open session as far as I am concerned.

Those such as Tommy & Melody may not be directly involved in the mismanagement at 3ABN, but take advantage of the situation and, therefore, are just extensions of the corrupt leadership.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Aug 24 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

QUOTE(Fran @ Aug 24 2006, 08:40 AM) [snapback]147738[/snapback]

Yes, I would have. The IL vs. 3ABN Property Tax Lawsuit came out BEFORE the divorce. It clearly states that financial dealing of 3ABN were not honest. How can a Corporation 20 years old, explain that they do not follow GAAP?

It says that the valuing of Trust funds was questionable. Their value was determined by 3ABN. They were never appraised by qualified people. Example: A non-cash gift is given to 3ABN. It would have appraised for say $500,000. Yet, 3ABN assess the value at say $20,000 and sells it to family or friends.

Many of their assets were never found! They were not reporting Lease/Rental income from the entities that are not 3ABN. Like Subway, a barber shop...........

In fact I would assess the rating of the audit to be an "F" for 3ABN.

Yes, I would have spoken up about this on its own. 3ABN's Financial Manager, that the lawsuit identified as Danny Shelton, needs to be removed on these points alone. Period.

Now that allegations include molestation, he needs charges brought against him and a court needs to put him behind bars for a very long time if a court finds these accusations are true.

If the courts decide otherwise, I would still keep my children and any other children I see around him, away from his presence. I base this on the problems that his daughter has exibited in her behavior. That is not to criticize his daughter in anyway because what happened to her was NOT her fault. She has enough to deal with without everyone condemning her. She probably needs more time to figure out how it all happened.

I would also make sure no male children were anywhere near Tommy Shelton! Too many people know what happened in that case!

YES, I would have spoken out.

When someone has been abused mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, sexually, ... this person cannot figure things out because the things are happening *to* them. They have a very distorted, clouded view of what AVERAGE is. What is normal, acceptable behavior. What is a normal acceptable family. How does a normal acceptable father act? They may even think maybe this happens to every child! They just don't know. They may even think maybe all kids get beat or molested! They do not know how a husband is supposed to act or behave. How does one break the mold?

The experience is life changing and getting it straight takes a lifetime.

Having a knowledge that this is not right while experiencing it is very confusing. In fact, it is learned behavior; taught by the father, mother, spouse or an outside party. Goodness knows there are many children that abuse their parents!

3ABN is a wonderful medium through which to spread the Gospel. However, the financial and deviant sexual behavior alone should demand that Danny Shelton be removed, along with any who cooperated with him in his behavior.

Fran what happened in the audit. Did the state of Illinois fine 3abn for misbehavior? I agree that these things you write about are much more important than Danny & Linda. It seems to me that the audit and mis dealings at 3abn were done before the divorce so Linda should have known what was going on. Other people knew. She lived with the guy How ignorant can you be. The criminal behavior is what I think we should be focusing on. Is there any recourse for the people who worked at 3abn and who knew what was going on? some will say as christians we shouldn't go there but while Jesus forgave the sinner he also said "go and sin no more" Not keep doing what you are doing because the church is going to let you get away with it.

TB

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 24 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Aug 24 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]147885[/snapback]

It seems to me that the audit and mis dealings at 3abn were done before the divorce so Linda should have known what was going on. Other people knew. She lived with the guy How ignorant can you be. The criminal behavior is what I think we should be focusing on. Is there any recourse for the people who worked at 3abn and who knew what was going on?

TB

Linda was far from ignorant. She voiced her opinion many times about the things she thought was wrong.

As for the recourse for the employees...do you cut the tires off when the engine goes bad? doh.gif

Pehaps we should be hanged or just burned at the stake...talk about a witch hunt?

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Aug 24 2006, 05:30 PM

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 24 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 24 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]147888[/snapback]

As for the recourse for the employees...do you cut the tires off when the engine goes bad? doh.gif
Pehaps we should be hanged or just burned at the stake...talk about a witch hunt?

wallbash.gif

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Aug 24 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 24 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]147888[/snapback]

Linda was far from ignorant. She voiced her opinion many times about the things she thought was wrong.

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 24 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]147888[/snapback]

I am new at this so don't quite know how all of these gadgets work sorry.

I didn't mean that those who worked at 3abn should be burned at the stake. I meant do you have any recourse in dealing with Danny and his gang? Is there anything you can do about seeing justice is done?

TB

This post has been edited by Truly Blonde: Aug 24 2006, 07:05 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 24 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Aug 24 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]147899[/snapback]

I am new at this so don't quite know how all of these gadgets work sorry.

I didn't mean that those who worked at 3abn should be burned at the stake. I meant do you have any recourse in dealing with Danny and his gang? Is there anything you can do about seeing justice is done?

TB

They are doing some that here for you - it's called educating you. And, there are others doing other things. And there are those who are still too afraid to do anything, they are on the wait and watch mode - AND there are those that don't anything about anything, if you can believe that. Partly because they only see what they want, and discard the rest, thinking "it must just be me". And for those who have already been thru the fires there and are finally done....well, lets just say, some of them are doing a lot now that they can. Too bad things aren't so black and white simple. Some times it takes time for things to happen....I think the time is now.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 24 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 24 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]147901[/snapback]

They are doing some that here for you - it's called educating you. And, there are others doing other things. And there are those who are still too afraid to do anything, they are on the wait and watch mode - AND there are those that don't anything about anything, if you can believe that. Partly because they only see what they want, and discard the rest, thinking "it must just be me". And for those who have already been thru the fires there and are finally done....well, lets just say, some of them are doing a lot now that they can. Too bad things aren't so black and white simple. Some times it takes time for things to happen....I think the time is now.

yeah and sometimes even the ones that have been through it just want to put the past behind them...

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 24 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Sooooo sorry to misunderstand! I guess I'm quick to jump. That last part about "for the people who worked at 3abn and who knew what was going on" made it seem as though we allowed things to happen. Sometimes it is easy to read emotions into these plain letters and the original intent can be (as we have seen here) misunderstood. Now that I reread it - what a silly thing to mix up doh.gif

As for the employees - they have the same choice that they've always had. Stay or leave.
It's hard to understand that many of the employees don't know all of this is going on. Many of them didn't even know until after the 3ABN Campmeeting that Linda was being booted out.

In any organization, there are injustices being committed and someone has witnessed it. Some people stay quiet and give the benefit of the doubt. Some people raise a fuss. That depends on the witness, the crime, and the administration. When you're on the inside at 3ABN, there isn't anything to be done. Who do you go to when the boss is the one you'd like to see ousted?

I have been asked many times why I stay. So I'll answer here. I stay because I haven't been told that it's my time to leave yet. I prayed harder than I've ever prayed over the last couple of years about my employment, knowing that I really want out. But God hasn't opened the door for me yet. I stay because I know that somewhere there are people untouched by the actions of a select few and that they are being touched by the Master's hand. Those are the people I stay for. It isn't for Dan, or Mollie, or Tommy, or Melody. It is for those people who are transformed and made whole in Jesus that I go into my personal hell everday. And sometimes I get a call from a weeping person thanking me for showing them Jesus and I am refreshed.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 24 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 24 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]147906[/snapback]

yeah and sometimes even the ones that have been through it just want to put the past behind them...

You are not the only one (if you were referring to yourself there giggle.gif ) - and I don't blame you at all (again, if you are referring to yourself). We all go through things, get through them and are very happy they are behind us - and if we are smart cookies, we learn all we can, and help others along the way. Don't waste anything I believe!

As for those that are still there, like Husband, it is refreshing when God gives us lifts in our current painful journeys. There does come a time when He will say, ENOUGH, lets move on. He can give us those "benefits" in whatever job we have - and even outside our jobs. It's just nice to have those things happen to us when everything else around us is somewhat negative and miserable, and barely tolerating. So, Husband, hang on, but be ready for a change.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church