Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10673&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:54:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Danny Over Linda?
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Come on now HOTY!!! Somebeody is actually there doing hair and makeup for those people?
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]148771[/snapback]

You need to do some more digging in the posts...but I'll give you a heads up.

Dan knew Brandi years...and years...and years before.

Only after getting Brandi groomed - you know - new style of hair, clothing, makeup -
was she put in the spotlight.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 29 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]148773[/snapback]

Come on now HOTY!!! Somebeody is actually there doing hair and makeup for those people?

No - let me rephrase -

Brandi was - how should I say it - less than what many would accept a modest lady married to Dan Shelton to look like. So, months before they were married, Brandi got a makeover - you know- to look more of the part. One could say she was whipped into shape.

whip.gif

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Aug 29 2006, 03:38 PM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 29 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]148775[/snapback]

No - let me rephrase -

Brandi was - how should I say it - less than what many would accept a modest lady married to Dan Shelton to look like. So, months before they were married, Brandi got a makeover - you know- to look more of the part. One could say she was whipped into shape.

whip.gif

That fits. I believe you. bangin.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Ahhhhhh! So she was already looking the part when she happened into T'ville without a pot or a window?

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]148775[/snapback]

No - let me rephrase -

whip.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 29 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]148787[/snapback]

Ahhhhhh! So she was already looking the part when she happened into T'ville without a pot or a window?

I didn't say that - movingtongue.gif

Dan tried to pass her off as an employee - who moved around... a lot! Her makeover came later...

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 29 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]148791[/snapback]

Dan tried to pass her off as an employee - who moved around... a lot! Her makeover came later...

I do believe that tried is the operative word ...
I know myself and several others who saw right through it to begin with....
it just didn't sit right.... scratchchin.gif flirt.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

No, he didn't? rofl1.gif
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]148791[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 29 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]148799[/snapback]

No, he didn't? rofl1.gif

I may have missed a step or two but she basically started out in the Call Center and was moved to the reception desk which was even shorter than her time at the Call Center. Then worked in Production for about a week and then disappeared - but I bet she still draws a weekly salary - just like Melody...

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

....Ok, and who was that askin' why I was saying Brandy was not an innocent in this? rofl1.gif
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]148802[/snapback]

I may have missed a step or two but she basically started out in the Call Center and was moved to the reception desk which was even shorter than her time at the Call Center. Then worked in Production for about a week and then disappeared - but I bet she still draws a weekly salary - just like Melody...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 29 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2006, 08:17 PM) [snapback]148804[/snapback]

....Ok, and who was that askin' why I was saying Brandy was not an innocent in this? rofl1.gif

You know - aside from everything else. Brandy is an extremely nice person.

I don't think she realized what she was getting into. Of her faults - naitivity is probably numero uno.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

HOTY, some very nice women, just want a man.....and yes they do get caught up and don't make the best choices. Now, this may also account for one of the reasons Danny is insisting on pushing th adultery thing with Linda. You are not the first person who has said this about Brandy.

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]148809[/snapback]

I don't think she realized what she was getting into. Of her faults - naitivity is probably numero uno.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 29 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]148809[/snapback]

From what I've read about Brandy, I imagine her fitting the profile of a young woman I knew in my youth. She was fairly attractive, dressed provocatively, was nearly always surrounded by men, but was always sweet and nice to the girls as well as the boys, even though the girls looked at her a little askance. She always spoke very softly, fluttered her eye lashes a lot, no matter who she was talking to. ... I think she was looking for love but didn't know how to connect in a meaningful way with the girls. She also seemed naive. I have no idea what happened to her, but I can imagine her finding "love" with the wrong men. Seeing that Brandy was already divorced twice, that may be her story ...

Now that I have more experience in life, I tend to suspect something not quite right in the family history ... possibly even molestation ... and that reminds me ...

I still vividly remember a seminar in which a former victim of abuse was the featured speaker. Her chief point was that abusers know who to pick as victims. She used to draw abusers like a magnet, and she shared how it was still hard for her to speak in front of people. She had had to reinvent herself, learning how to walk differently, carry herself differently, look people in the eye, etc. Without such "reinvention," those who have been abused by one lover/husband, will likely be abused by the next one, because they will draw the wrong men. And I suspect that most of you who are a little older have actually observed such a pattern ...

HOTY's comment that naivete is probably Brandy's chief fault seems to indicate that she may be a "pleaser" (i.e. is "nice" to everyone and wants to make everyone happy/think well of her) and an abuser would see her as a suitable subject ...

I also wonder whether Linda was originally a bit of a "pleaser" but developed into a mature woman with a mind of her own ...

Just musings ...

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I understand, completely.

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 29 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]148815[/snapback]

From what I've read about Brandy, I imagine her fitting the profile of a young woman I knew in my youth. She was fairly attractive, dressed provocatively, was nearly always surrounded by men, but was always sweet and nice to the girls as well as the boys, even though the girls looked at her a little askance. She always spoke very softly, fluttered her eye lashes a lot, no matter who she was talking to. ... I think she was looking for love but didn't know how to connect in a meaningful way with the girls. She also seemed naive. I have no idea what happened to her, but I can imagine her finding "love" with the wrong men. Seeing that Brandy was already divorced twice, that may be her story ...

Now that I have more experience in life, I tend to suspect something not quite right in the family history ... possibly even molestation ... and that reminds me ...

I still vividly remember a seminar in which a former victim of abuse was the featured speaker. Her chief point was that abusers know who to pick as victims. She used to draw abusers like a magnet, and she shared how it was still hard for her to speak in front of people. She had had to reinvent herself, learning how to walk differently, carry herself differently, look people in the eye, etc. Without such "reinvention," those who have been abused by one lover/husband, will likely be abused by the next one, because they will draw the wrong men. And I suspect that most of you who are a little older have actually observed such a pattern ...

HOTY's comment that naivete is probably Brandy's chief fault seems to indicate that she may be a "pleaser" (i.e. is "nice" to everyone and wants to make everyone happy/think well of her) and an abuser would see her as a suitable subject ...

I also wonder whether Linda was originally a bit of a "pleaser" but developed into a mature woman with a mind of her own ...

Just musings ...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 29 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 29 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]148815[/snapback]

Just musings ...

Inga,
I must say that I hadn't thought of these things. But you definitely have a point. Brandy definitely fits into the pleaser category. It's difficult to say, and I may get some negative feedback, but she really seems genuine.

(Abusers of any kind pick and choose their victims.)

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 29 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]148825[/snapback]

Inga,
I must say that I hadn't thought of these things. But you definitely have a point. Brandy definitely fits into the pleaser category. It's difficult to say, and I may get some negative feedback, but she really seems genuine.

(Abusers of any kind pick and choose their victims.)

There's no reason Brandy should not be genuine -- even after two divorces.

Let's assume that she knew she was getting involved with a married man--something we do not know. In that case, she would be meeting his needs, as far as she felt -- needs his wife could not fulfill. (Poor Danny! sad.gif ) I think you probably know the spiel ...

Women who do not have a good foundation of a strong sense of self do not have the tools to cope with men like Danny.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church