Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10673&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:54:56 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Danny Over Linda?
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 29 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 29 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]148829[/snapback]

There's no reason Brandy should not be genuine -- even after two divorces.

Let's assume that she knew she was getting involved with a married man--something we do not know. In that case, she would be meeting his needs, as far as she felt -- needs his wife could not fulfill. (Poor Danny! sad.gif ) I think you probably know the spiel ...

Women who do not have a good foundation of a strong sense of self do not have the tools to cope with men like Danny.

I couldn't agree more. It is hard enough with any man - but especially those like...

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 29 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok, Inga, Danny is not Joe Blow off the street. He was on the TV with his wife each and every day for pretty close to 20 years. She could only not know if she was living under a rock. Yes, that be the "story " allmen tella bout their wives........"she just doesnt' understand me", etc.
QUOTE(inga @ Aug 29 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]148829[/snapback]

There's no reason Brandy should not be genuine -- even after two divorces.

Let's assume that she knew she was getting involved with a married man--something we do not know. In that case, she would be meeting his needs, as far as she felt -- needs his wife could not fulfill. (Poor Danny! sad.gif ) I think you probably know the spiel ...

Women who do not have a good foundation of a strong sense of self do not have the tools to cope with men like Danny.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 29 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]148833[/snapback]

Ok, Inga, Danny is not Joe Blow off the street. He was on the TV with his wife each and every day for pretty close to 20 years. She could only not know if she was living under a rock. Yes, that be the "story " allmen tella bout their wives........"she just doesnt' understand me", etc.

Di, how'd you get to be so smart? uhm.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 29 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 29 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]148802[/snapback]

...but I bet she still draws a weekly salary - just like Melody...

A person might ask Cheri Peters where that salary was funneled through. She might know.

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 30 2006, 01:19 AM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 29 2006, 10:55 PM) [snapback]148833[/snapback]

Ok, Inga, Danny is not Joe Blow off the street. He was on the TV with his wife each and every day for pretty close to 20 years. She could only not know if she was living under a rock.
I was being charitable in not assuming for sure that she was involved with him while he was still married.
Yes, that be the "story " allmen tella bout their wives........"she just doesnt' understand me", etc.
Yup ... and the sad thing is that many, if not most, women who hear them believe them! dunno.gif

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 30 2006, 05:05 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 30 2006, 12:31 AM) [snapback]148837[/snapback]

A person might ask Cheri Peters where that salary was funneled through. She might know.

hmmm, interesting.

This is something new...

How is Cheri involved?

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 31 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

Is Danny over Linda???
Consider this. When Danny kicked Linda our of 3ABN he was quoted as as saying "the president no longer wants the vice president". It doesn't mean he is over Linda.
Is it possible that he simply wanted to change "partners" and still keep control over Linda. To say he is OVER Linda would imply that he no longer lover her.
To some people who have so much power, it is impossible to truly love anyone else as we think of love. The many types of love could include the kind of love that you have when you love chocolate ice cream. The kind of love you feel when you feel loved. The kind of love that you have when you are feeling erotic. The kind of love you feel when you have just finished giving a great performance. The kind of love that one may feel when one has total control of another life.
Danny would not likely be "over Linda" in term of having lost his affection for her and having it replaced by Brandy's love. Most commonly people of power, men or women, love the feeling of having the attentions and affections of BOTH the current and the former interest.
When one of the no longer "bows to the power" or "surrenders to the dictator" that one is kicked aside. But the one in power never "gets over it".
To the one in power there is never an excuse for not surrendering to the power.
To be "Over Linda" in term of marital loyalty and Godly love" it has to first exist in reality before it can even qualify as something to be "Over".
The kind of love Jesus spoke of is "Husbands love you wives as God loves His church". Total single-minded love, self sacrificing love, love with an eye singly given to Hid bride, as if there is not another in the whole world. Did that exist in his heart for Linda?
What part of his love for Linda is Danny supposed to get over?
If he truly was over Linda, he would let her speak her mind. Open her heart. He would let have her very own ministry with his total blessing. By the very act of having slandered her he proved he is not over her.
What he lost when Linda was gone, he is trying to replace by using Brandy. Someone to submit, to yield, to bow in obeisance.
To get over Linda means that he is no longer bothered by the fact that he was called into question over her dismissal. Everything about Linda will haunt him continually.
Find someone just like Linda? Yup. If possible. He wants more of the same soft spirit, some musical ability, common interests, an attitude of submission, .. for as long as he can have it. When she starts to think for herself, he feels threatened. If she doesn't cower under his temper she will be replaced as well. It is not the person he loves, it is the feeling of power that she makes him feel. He loves the feeling that he feels when someone makes him feel the fantasys he has inside.
When one cannot see himself as others see him he is called a "psychopath", I think...
When one thinks that he has no responsibility for other people, he is a "sociopath", right .. someone help me with this ..
When someone thinks the world is talking behind his back he is a "neurotic", right?
Do we see any of these things in the "Televangelist".

I expect that the flood gates will soon open and Linda will be seen as truthful all along the way.

Someone look at the latest CD by Linda and notice that it has an insert that says something to the effect that, "I dedicate this CD to my blessed husband, Danny, who has made this possible. Thank you my dear husband. I love you."
Does that sound like a woman in search of another? Not in the least.

Someone find it an give us the exact quote. ( to think of the stories he made up about her during the time she was making this CD, dedicated to her husband, Danny). It'll send chills up your spine.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 31 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

It is
"To my husband...
bless you
thank you
love you

Linda"

crybaby.gif

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 31 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(justme @ Aug 31 2006, 05:08 PM) [snapback]149138[/snapback]

Is Danny over Linda???
Consider this. When Danny kicked Linda our of 3ABN he was quoted as as saying "the president no longer wants the vice president". It doesn't mean he is over Linda.
Is it possible that he simply wanted to change "partners" and still keep control over Linda. To say he is OVER Linda would imply that he no longer lover her.
To some people who have so much power, it is impossible to truly love anyone else as we think of love. The many types of love could include the kind of love that you have when you love chocolate ice cream. The kind of love you feel when you feel loved. The kind of love that you have when you are feeling erotic. The kind of love you feel when you have just finished giving a great performance. The kind of love that one may feel when one has total control of another life.
Danny would not likely be "over Linda" in term of having lost his affection for her and having it replaced by Brandy's love. Most commonly people of power, men or women, love the feeling of having the attentions and affections of BOTH the current and the former interest.
When one of the no longer "bows to the power" or "surrenders to the dictator" that one is kicked aside. But the one in power never "gets over it".
To the one in power there is never an excuse for not surrendering to the power.
To be "Over Linda" in term of marital loyalty and Godly love" it has to first exist in reality before it can even qualify as something to be "Over".
The kind of love Jesus spoke of is "Husbands love you wives as God loves His church". Total single-minded love, self sacrificing love, love with an eye singly given to Hid bride, as if there is not another in the whole world. Did that exist in his heart for Linda?
What part of his love for Linda is Danny supposed to get over?
If he truly was over Linda, he would let her speak her mind. Open her heart. He would let have her very own ministry with his total blessing. By the very act of having slandered her he proved he is not over her.
What he lost when Linda was gone, he is trying to replace by using Brandy. Someone to submit, to yield, to bow in obeisance.
To get over Linda means that he is no longer bothered by the fact that he was called into question over her dismissal. Everything about Linda will haunt him continually.
Find someone just like Linda? Yup. If possible. He wants more of the same soft spirit, some musical ability, common interests, an attitude of submission, .. for as long as he can have it. When she starts to think for herself, he feels threatened. If she doesn't cower under his temper she will be replaced as well. It is not the person he loves, it is the feeling of power that she makes him feel. He loves the feeling that he feels when someone makes him feel the fantasys he has inside.
When one cannot see himself as others see him he is called a "psychopath", I think...
When one thinks that he has no responsibility for other people, he is a "sociopath", right .. someone help me with this ..
When someone thinks the world is talking behind his back he is a "neurotic", right?
Do we see any of these things in the "Televangelist".

I expect that the flood gates will soon open and Linda will be seen as truthful all along the way.

Someone look at the latest CD by Linda and notice that it has an insert that says something to the effect that, "I dedicate this CD to my blessed husband, Danny, who has made this possible. Thank you my dear husband. I love you."
Does that sound like a woman in search of another? Not in the least.

Someone find it an give us the exact quote. ( to think of the stories he made up about her during the time she was making this CD, dedicated to her husband, Danny). It'll send chills up your spine.

Heart breaking. Linda and I talked about this the other day - about if he ever really loved her. It is so sad. She has learned so many things about the man she thought she knew....her heart is truly broken, in many ways, and seems the more she learns, the more it breaks in shock and of feeling foolish at the same time. Things she says like "how could I have not known?" so many times over and over....

It makes me cry (really, I am teared up) to feel her pain. But, she is so much more then people know. She feels christs love and pity for him still - hoping that he will respond to God one day, repent and be forgiven. She has forgiven him, but also as she learns more (she has such a childlike naiveness to herself, I know, I have said this before, but it just amazes me), and feels the emotions of frustration and hurt, she also moves quickly to the stance of Jesus. As though Jesus is holding her hand and pulling her on down the path, for she doesn't resist His leading. She is very connected and I see Jesus living through her in each instance of 'love' she shows still with regard to Dan. Not the kind a wife has for a husband, for that is ruined and all trust is gone, but the kind the Jesus has for those that are lost and have hurt Him, meaning to and not meaning to. She is human, makes mistakes like we all do, but her walk with the Lord has inspired me so much, for I see it carry her through each step & each day of this mess. She has learned many things I think, we all can learn from this mess. But mostly, she is keeping her eye on the future and the saviors coming.

P.S. It will be interesting to see what her next CD is about, and who it's dedicated to.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Aug 31 2006, 06:40 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 31 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

h o y , thank you. I new it was something like that. I haven't seen it for along time. After I made my mp3's of it I lost track of it.

Sonshine you hit it right on the nose! Linda is a real person. Unsophisticated, humble, human, sweet as they come, kinda "precious". Last time I talked with her she had nothing bad to say about the man who she used to call "husband" ( German for 'house-band'), the one whom God designates to "bind together the home". She felt sorry for his chronic neck pain all these years. She wants him to learn to know the real Jesus personally.
I have been rough an him sometimes, from a man's point of view. A man, a real man, protects his woman!
Linda is a one-of-a-kind in my book. She doesn't want to be elevated over anyone else because of her fame, or because of her music, or because of her teaching and sharing. She is who she IS! And she IS A Precious Lady!
EVeryone of us had been "duped" by someone before and i with the heavy schedules they had in their work, there was very little time to "be alone" and
Together" as a couple in love. Most of what they did and who they were was wrapped up in travelling, speaking, producing, directing, busy busy busy. It's hard to be aware of all the nuances that are around them all the time.
Let's all pray that "he" will come to his senses and repent and ask for God's forgiveness and forsake his ways, surrender his will to God, become humble, and submissive to God.
Linda still loves him as God loves him. That's the least we can do for her sake.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 31 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I was being charitable in not assuming for sure that she was involved with him while he was still married.

That was very nice of you, too, Inga! giggle.gif

Yup ... and the sad thing is that many, if not most, women who hear them believe them! dunno.gif

OK? You know I would slap all the taste out of some man's mouth if he even tried to form his lips to tell that lie. Ooops! Did I say that out loud? Had to go sista' gurl on that one! giggle.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 31 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 31 2006, 10:49 PM) [snapback]149158[/snapback]

That was very nice of you, too, Inga! giggle.gif

OK? You know I would slap all the taste out of some man's mouth if he even tried to form his lips to tell that lie. Ooops! Did I say that out loud? Had to go sista' gurl on that one! giggle.gif

clap.gif notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 1 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 31 2006, 10:49 PM) [snapback]149158[/snapback]

thats-funny.gif

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Sep 1 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 31 2006, 10:49 PM) *

roflmao.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
jodi
post Sep 6 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 552

Just a little food for thought....Brandi's second divorce was in 1999. She has two children, ages 12 and 6. Do the math~~~her second was out of wedlock and some have commented on how this child resembles Danny.

Danny and Linda have been divorced two years. It would seem that Danny and Brandi have been involved for some time, long before her 'employment' at 3ABN.

I was married to a man that had numerous affairs during our 16 year marriage and people like Danny don't give up one woman until they have another firmly in place!! The signs were there all along and I told Linda all she had to do was to wait and see who the woman was. It didn't take long, did it?

I don't believe for one moment that Brandi is innocent in all of this. Young and dumb maybe, but not innocent. Can't be, with two marriages and divorces in her history!!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church