Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10717&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:35 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny On 3abn 8/31/2006, comments made by danny about information online
awesumtenor
post Sep 4 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Sep 4 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]149586[/snapback]

I think he just wanted something to say encourage the viewers that 3ABN was still doing the Lord's work. The children's network has been talked about for several years. It's odd he would bring it up now...

Think 'weapons of mass distraction'...

no; it's not a typo...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 4 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

No need to explain, JustTana. Sometimes the threads are hard to find. We are quite a busy site, lately. smile.gif
Well, duh-h-h! Thanks, princessdi. I've been really sick for the last three years, in and out of the hospital 13 times, mind you; so every once in a while my mind does funny things, like just leave me hanging . . . But this last two days finally brought a diagnosis which will take care of everything else if I can just find the money to buy the alternative treatment now available to literally eat the candida running rampant in my body. Please, everybody? Pray that God will provide those funds (I'm on SSDisability which becomes plain SS in October) so that I can finally have a clear mind and a body with the energy to do the things that will make life meaningful to me and others as well as give Him glory and praise. I do give Him all the praise that I am even still alive after this long session of questioning what was happening to me?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 4 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 4 2006, 11:12 AM) [snapback]149676[/snapback]

Think 'weapons of mass distraction'...

no; it's not a typo...

In His service,
Mr. J

As if his rambling on and on isn't distraction enough...

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 4 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

He has also talked about a black network, and a Chinese network for three of more years. Guess we'll see.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Sep 4 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(icedragon @ Sep 1 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]149263[/snapback]

Did any body else see the live call in show with steve wohalberg last nigh? There was a section when steve started talking about gossip and defending yourself and Danny jumped in and started saying that there was a lot of information about him that was being spread in chat rooms and posts and e-mails and letters to pastors. He said that people were making up stuff about him that was not true and were not even coming to ask his side of the story like jesus says in matt 24. He said that he was advised by whitely phipps not to defend himself. it would only make it worse.
This was a revelation. What this is revealing is that what is happening on BSDA, CA and Msdaol is working. it is having an impact. it is also revealing that Danny is lying to people . He stated that he has tried to defend himself and no one would believe Him. He also Lied by saying that no one has tried to contact him. Danny had been asked to come repeatedly and tell his side of the story. We had not heard from danny in a complete response. He has scolded and shamed and attacked people for wanting to know the truth about the situation. He has hidden behind the mantle of Making the Gospel go foreward as an excuse to stop the investigation in to the situation. We are bad for not wanting to support the the evanglistic efforts not him bad for bareing false wittness and committing adultry, by remarriage.

Is any one else thinking that we should step up an e-mail campagin? this is ridiculous.

I watched it. I was thrilled to see Steve Wohlberg and see pics of his family. I especially enjoyed the picture of Steve with his brother as a child! Seth, Steve and Kristen's son, is a Steve duplicate! Have you ever seen such beautiful eyes as Seth's?

I was disgusted Danny brought up the subject of rumors about Danny at all. That was so unnessary.

Steve Wohlburg and Doug Batchelor's lies and rumors consist of a non-Adventist publication accusing both of them of being Seventh-day Adventist and therefore a cult. Yeah, lies and rumors! Steve and Doug ARE Seventh-day Adventist! If only the facts/rumors about Danny were the same! I do not believe Danny could pass the test of being a Seventh-day Adventist! That just makes me determined to continue even harder to let everyone I know about the letters posted here and some from Club Adventist that have been deleted!

There has NEVER been an occasion, to date, that Steve has the same problems as Danny! I would suggest Steve has not read BSDA, MSDAOL, or Club Adventist ~ When it was there to read ~ at all. Steve is far too busy being about his fathers business. I know Steve's heart from near and far. Perfect he is not, but I know for sure his imperfections pale in comparison to Danny's. I wish Danny's factual problems were only that he was a Seventh-day Adventist.

As each minute passes, Danny, all by himself, is proving he is unfit to represent the SDA church!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
September
post Sep 4 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

Just a side note about Steve Wohlberg--he was my Bible teacher years ago when I was in high school. His class was my very favorite--he always had such wonderful meaningful lessons and I went away from his class blessed every time.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Sep 4 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #22

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(inga @ Sep 1 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]149271[/snapback]

If he had lived by Wintley's counsel from the beginning, this discussion probably wouldn't be happening at all ...

ITA with this.....

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 4 2006, 08:41 AM) [snapback]149557[/snapback]

not everyone feels this way....

...and those that don't like the "ostrich burying their head in the sand" type of mess....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 6 2006, 01:51 AM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(icedragon @ Sep 1 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]149263[/snapback]

Did any body else see the live call in show with steve wohalberg last nigh? There was a section when steve started talking about gossip and defending yourself and Danny jumped in and started saying that there was a lot of information about him that was being spread in chat rooms and posts and e-mails and letters to pastors. He said that people were making up stuff about him that was not true and were not even coming to ask his side of the story like jesus says in matt 24. He said that he was advised by whitely phipps not to defend himself. it would only make it worse. ...

You all that watched this, did you gather the Steve had any knowledge that Dan would take off on this? Or that He was set up to talk about this at all? I am curious if Steve was "helping" Dan with his problems of late? dunno.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Fran
post Sep 6 2006, 04:10 AM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 6 2006, 02:51 AM) [snapback]150226[/snapback]

You all that watched this, did you gather the Steve had any knowledge that Dan would take off on this? Or that He was set up to talk about this at all? I am curious if Steve was "helping" Dan with his problems of late? dunno.gif

No, Steve had no idea. He is well aware that those who are working for God will have things said about them. The rest that followed was all Danny. Steve wondered why he would even bring that up, but went with the flow once Danny started.

3ABN will air his new programs. I am happy. I love 3ABN, the network. However, as most of you know, I believe there needs to be a house cleaning so God's air waves can be free from Financial Secrets, missing information and sexual deviants. They need to be transparent in all dealings.

Now there are victims coming forth with information that Danny and Tommy Shelton have sexual problems bigger than that of dumping your wife to marry another. Their sanctuary needs cleansing; Their homes needs Cleaning; there need to be strong Christian counseling to cleans the hearts.

Steve has never had such problems. He adores his wife and son. He is not a womanizer. He does not go near places Danny goes. He prays and studies his Bible daily. He has proven to me over, and over again that, he is a Godly man! In fact, he is so into the Word, he does not have time for reading forums or magazines. That is not a part of their life. They eat only food that glorifies their temple bodies. They worship God in their home as a family. Steve is a strong leader, and so is Kristen as the mother and homemaker. She is a teacher and is a strong leader in those areas.

It was VERY WRONG for Danny to equate his problems with Steve and Doug Batchelor's! Would that we would all be accused of being Seventh-day Adventists! I have not heard anyone complain by saying, "Danny is a Seventh-day Adventist, and therefore, a member of a cult". What I am hearing is "Why, is Danny a Seventh-day Adventist?" or "He can't be a Seventh-day Adventist and do what he has done!"

According to the following definitions, we could well be a cult along with other mainstream religions. So in actuality, what was said was the truth about Steve and Doug, It is beyond my comprehension how Danny could equate one “Fact/Rumor” of Steve & Doug’s with Danny’s volumes of “Facts/Rumors” with the other.

Definitions of cult on the Web:
• adherents of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices
• fad: an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"
• a system of religious beliefs and rituals; "devoted to the cultus of the Blessed Virgin"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
• In religion and sociology, a cult is a group of people (often a new religious movement) devoted to beliefs and goals which may be contradictory to those held by the majority of society. Its marginal status may come about either due to its novel belief system or due to idiosyncratic practices that cause the surrounding culture to regard it as far outside the mainstream.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult
• In traditional usage, the cult of a religion, quite apart from its sacred writings ("scriptures"), its theology or myths, or the personal faith of its believers, is the totality of external religious practice and observance, the neglect of which is the definition of impiety. Cult is literally the "care" owed to the god and the shrine. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_(religion)
• A religious group that follows a particular theological system. In the context of Christianity, and in particular, CARM, it is a group that uses the Bible but distorts the doctrines that affect salvation sufficiently to cause salvation to be unattainable. A few examples of cults are Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, Christadelphians, Unity, Religious Science, The Way International, and the Moonies. (See also Cults)
www.carm.org/dictionary/dic_c-d.htm
• (cult) (kult) a system of treating disease based on some special and unscientific theory of disease causation.
www.merckmedicus.com/pp/us/hcp/thcp_dorlands_content.jsp
• Veneration ( or honoring ) of a saint expressed in public acts, local or universal, and formally approved by the Pope.
www.ichrusa.com/saintsalive/glossary.htm
• A religious group which denies the essential doctrines of Christianity. The term is usually reserved for groups founded after 1750.
www.dtl.org/trinity/misc/glossary.htm
• A following of people.
www.britishcouncil.org/ukinfocus-music-glossary.htm
• (noun) often attributive [French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate -- more at WHEEL]; First appeared 1617 1 : formal religious veneration : WORSHIP 2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents 3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents 4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health ~s> 5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object ...
www.contecult.com/glossary.htm

For over 2 years, I have been praying for God to Save 3ABN, but cleanse the Financial Activities and get help for their deviant sexual behaviors. We must save the children for their future.

Everyone also needs to remember, Abused Children become Child abusers. My line of thinking causes me to pause, and wonder what happened to the Shelton Children to cause them to become abusers and sexual deviants. What happened for this horrible problem to occur? This is not always the case, but it has been proven to be a factor more times than not.

These problems will not go away in the twinkling of the eye or over night, unless there is a true GOD miracle, one that is not of the fabricated kind for a book. It will take time, they will need love, and acceptance while the drives and motivations get reprogrammed/removed from their choices. They must be encouraged to continue in the Lord for strengthening their hearts through Faith. All will not be lost forever. God is the only ones that can correct the problems.

Folkd, it is 5:99AM. I must get in bed. Please forgive misspelled words and improper grammar. Good nighy

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Sep 6 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

For over 2 years, I have been praying for God to Save 3ABN, but cleanse the Financial Activities and get help for their deviant sexual behaviors. We must save the children for their future.

Everyone also needs to remember, Abused Children become Child abusers. My line of thinking causes me to pause, and wonder what happened to the Shelton Children to cause them to become abusers and sexual deviants. What happened for this horrible problem to occur? This is not always the case, but it has been proven to be a factor more times than not.

These problems will not go away in the twinkling of the eye or over night, unless there is a true GOD miracle, one that is not of the fabricated kind for a book. It will take time, they will need love, and acceptance while the drives and motivations get reprogrammed/removed from their choices. They must be encouraged to continue in the Lord for strengthening their hearts through Faith. All will not be lost forever. God is the only ones that can correct the problems.

Folkd, it is 5:99AM. I must get in bed. Please forgive misspelled words and improper grammar. Good nighy
[/quote]

Dear Fran: I have been thinking in that direction as well. God has shown me from experiences in my life that there is always a reason behind the behavior which we see. He helped me to see that I was allowed to go through what I did in order to make me empathetic to see beyond the behavior to the real, hurting person.

It seems to reason that the Shelton family is so ingrained in their aberrant behavior from generations back that they see nothing wrong in it and that allows them to continue in it without recognizing its heinous quality (I'm thinking Melody here!). But that does not mean that those who observe it should not do everything in their power to get it stopped to protect the non-Shelton children who are in danger. It is obvious to me that the Shelton children are entirely comfortable with what is happening and would be shocked to be told that what they are experiencing is sinful and hateful in the eyes of other people to say nothing about God's (at least the younger ones). Their picture of God is also so skewed that they don't connect the God who made the animals they love with a God Who would disapprove of the behavior of their parents and/or aunts and uncles.

Does this make sense to any of you?

JustTana

This post has been edited by JustTana: Sep 6 2006, 10:58 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 6 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Fran @ Sep 6 2006, 02:10 AM) [snapback]150241[/snapback]

Now there are victims coming forth with information that Danny and Tommy Shelton have sexual problems bigger than that of dumping your wife to marry another. Their sanctuary needs cleansing; Their homes needs Cleaning; there need to be strong Christian counseling to cleans the hearts.

Fran, I am a newbie and not an administrator but Clay informed me the other day that this subject was off limits. If the "victims coming forth" are a matter of public record that would most likely change the situation.

QUOTE(JustTana @ Sep 6 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]150296[/snapback]

It seems to reason that the Shelton family is so ingrained in their aberrant behavior from generations back that they see nothing wrong in it and that allows them to continue in it without recognizing its heinous quality (I'm thinking Melody here!). But that does not mean that those who observe it should not do everything in their power to get it stopped to protect the non-Shelton children who are in danger. It is obvious to me that the Shelton children are entirely comfortable with what is happening and would be shocked to be told that what they are experiencing is sinful and hateful in the eyes of other people to say nothing about God's (at least the younger ones). Their picture of God is also so skewed that they don't connect the God who made the animals they love with a God Who would disapprove of the behavior of their parents and/or aunts and uncles.

Does this make sense to any of you?

JustTana

JustTana, like I just said to Fran, Clay told me this subject is off limits at this time. I'm sure he'll jump in here at some point and say so.

I am very interested to find out if the claims are true because I know how devastating this can be to a child. We'll just have to wait for the public records.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 6 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

allegations of sexual misconduct by any of the Sheltons remains off-limits at this time..... those allegations cannot be proved outside a court of law... so let's stick to what there is evidence for....thank you.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Sep 6 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 6 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]150303[/snapback]

allegations of sexual misconduct by any of the Sheltons remains off-limits at this time..... those allegations cannot be proved outside a court of law... so let's stick to what there is evidence for....thank you.....

Oop, Clay, I'm sorry - was just expressing an opinion from personal experience and what the Lord showed me during some angry journaling about that experience. Won't happen again.

JustTana

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 6 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(JustTana @ Sep 6 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]150307[/snapback]

Oop, Clay, I'm sorry - was just expressing an opinion from personal experience and what the Lord showed me during some angry journaling about that experience. Won't happen again.

JustTana

not a problem.... we are trying to steer away from allegations that we cannot get definitive proof or that involves sex with minors.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 6 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #30

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Also steering away from stuff about Linda and Danny not related to 3abn. Like his first wife.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church