Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10823&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:00 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Danny Change
PeacefulBe
post Oct 9 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Oct 9 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]156137[/snapback]

I must admit that I was once "moldy" myself. Before I became a Christian, I was involved in some less-than-noble things. God saved my life more than once and when I realized that He loved me just as I was but enough to not leave me as He found me, I gave my life to Him. Now, years later, I have had many chances to tell others of Him and His grace and mercy.

So - moldy I once was - but I found the Light!

Without Him, we are all just pond scum whether we are less-than-noble or high-and-mighty!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 9 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Oct 9 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]156137[/snapback]

I must admit that I was once "moldy" myself. Before I became a Christian, I was involved in some less-than-noble things. God saved my life more than once and when I realized that He loved me just as I was but enough to not leave me as He found me, I gave my life to Him. Now, years later, I have had many chances to tell others of Him and His grace and mercy.

So - moldy I once was - but I found the Light!

Well said!
My point is more the thought that it is not so much the "sender" who gets the "credit" fro a conversion, it the heart moved by the Holy Spirit. So anyone who thinks that their ministry is virtually "indispensible" is wrong. It is the power of the Holy Spirit in a softened heart that converts us. ANYONE who thinks he is the most powerful force for God should "beware lest he fall." Do any ministry leaders come to mind?

I actually had to be "Inspired' by non-SDA Christians who put me in touch with JESUS PERSONALLY. After I met Jesus, all the SDA stuff became easy to understand and took on a whole new meaning. It all suddenly "fit". I learned to love the Bible because I learned to love Jesus!

Saul, "moldy bread", became a power for good, after God "processed" him with love. Same man, "same bread", but now had new power through God.

Thanks for your testimonies...! (more?)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church