Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10991&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:33 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is It All About 3abn?, Inquiring Minds...
seeshell
post Sep 27 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #76

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,679

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 27 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]153996[/snapback]

thanks for sharing PB, you put your finger on the one fear that many white people have both now (in some places) and historically... that would be that their daughters may become romantically with a black male..... and that just won't do..... no.gif

I have the feeling my mother would have thought it was just fine. But, then I met the skinny white guy and the rest is history. giggle.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Sep 27 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(seeshell @ Sep 27 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]154041[/snapback]

I have the feeling my mother would have thought it was just fine. But, then I met the skinny white guy and the rest is history. giggle.gif

nice... lol.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 27 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #78

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 27 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]153971[/snapback]

Then, they told us that our parents were sacrificing to send us to college and had entrusted them with our welfare. What would those parents think if they found out we were in danger of becoming “unequally yoked”.

As an aside, didn't we have a thread once were some insisted that there could not have been such sentiments in the remnant church, to consider marrying outside one's ethnicity as being "unequally yoked?"

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 27 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Sep 24 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]153350[/snapback]

I too am one of those who came here because of the 3abn topic. I'd never heard of this site until reading about it on Maritime. As a white person who lives in the country I likely cannot relate to many of the topics on other threads. Just my $0.02.

Richard

There are those who benefit from your continuing to think so... but the reality is if you choose to see brothers and sisters in Christ first and foremost rather than starting and stopping with outward appearance, then you will find there is little you dont have in common... you are a white man from the country; I am a black man from NYC... and yet, we both have:
  • One body
  • One Spirit
  • One Hope
  • One Lord
  • One Faith
  • One Baptism
  • One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all
The question we have to ask ourselves is whether we are going to fix our attention and our focus on what we see or if we are going to walk by faith and not by sight; for as the Apostle Paul says in 2Cor chapter 4, we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Something to consider...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 27 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #80

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 27 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]154114[/snapback]

There are those who benefit from your continuing to think so... but the reality is if you choose to see brothers and sisters in Christ first and foremost rather than starting and stopping with outward appearance, then you will find there is little you dont have in common... you are a white man from the country; I am a black man from NYC... and yet, we both have:
  • One body
  • One Spirit
  • One Hope
  • One Lord
  • One Faith
  • One Baptism
The question we have to ask ourselves is whether we are going to fix our attention and our focus on what we see or if we are going to walk by faith and not by sight; for as the Apostle Paul says in 2Cor chapter 4, we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Something to consider...

In His service,
Mr. J

amen.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
inga
post Sep 28 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(lurker @ Sep 27 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]153917[/snapback]

So can our society change? Can our church change? Have you seen any signs of change?

Depends very much on where you live -- in North America or the world.

I've spent years in various parts of the country and have found it interesting how some areas are virtually colorblind, whereas in other areas, some loudly proclaim their condition of being "unprejudiced," thereby proclaiming their deep prejudices to my ears. blink.gif (The idea that one should be prejudiced but isn't doesn't even enter the minds of those who truly are less prejudiced than the average.)

Btw, every single one of us is "prejudiced." That is, we all have some ready-made "pre-judgments" in our minds. It's impossible to function in life without some "prejudices." Realizing this can make us more aware of unjust prejudices ....

+Quote Post
Denny
post Sep 28 2006, 06:12 AM
Post #82

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 27 2006, 08:08 PM) [snapback]153996[/snapback]

thanks for sharing PB, you put your finger on the one fear that many white people have both now (in some places) and historically... that would be that their daughters may become romantically with a black male..... and that just won't do..... no.gif

Or even worse Junior will actually want to marry a black woman (historically we were only 'fit ' for other uses....)

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Sep 29 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 27 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]154114[/snapback]
  • One body
  • One Spirit
  • One Hope
  • One Lord
  • One Faith
  • One Baptism

... but not One Conference. yikes.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Oct 1 2006, 05:27 AM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 27 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]154114[/snapback]

• One body
  • One Spirit
  • One Hope
  • One Lord
  • One Faith
  • One Baptism

spoton.gif AND ONE FAMILY / BROTHERHOOD (in Christ) yes.gif

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church