Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10991&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:35 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is It All About 3abn?, Inquiring Minds...
watchbird
post Sep 26 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Denny @ Sep 26 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]153733[/snapback]

and there will be no segregated areas the concept of 'race' will not exist in fact there will only be one race - homo sapien

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 26 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]153741[/snapback]

But how are we going to be known as we are known? Does not Sister White say that we will recognize and know one another in heaven?

And scripture at least strongly implies that we will be reunited with those we knew on earth, though it also strongly suggests that our bodies will be much different after resurrection than before. (See 1 Cor 15). As to the concept of "race".... I would guess that Denny was using the term in the negative way we have come to use it on this earth. In fact, God made all "races" of men, and there is little reason to expect that there will not be the same range of colors in heaven as there are here..... but there will be no stigma attached to any color, and all will love the color they are.... and quite possibly we'll have greater ability to change our appearance there than what we do here. But basically, our bodies will be different..... glorified, immortal, spiritual .... whatever those terms mean. Except for the "immortal" part, we probably have little or no comprehension of even what they might mean.

But scripture still promises..... "we shall know as we are known". clapping.gif

Actually, all I want is the BE THERE! I could care less if I'm white, black, brown, blue, green, or purple!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 26 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

What about shiny bronze?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 26 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(summertime @ Sep 26 2006, 10:42 AM) [snapback]153732[/snapback]

I just want to break into this conversation long enough to say that this forum has taught me a lot---I used to wonder how all races would interact when we all get to heaven---Now, BSDA and MSDAOL have given me the answer--we will all be anxious to visit with each other in our new mansions---Yea, Clay, maybe I am being a little dramatic--you have been in inspiration to us all. I have learned a lot from you.

well thank you.... I want to say that I have enjoyed all the "newbies" and have found it exciting to learn your posting styles, and how you all interact.... I hope that you all stick around for awhile because your presence does make us all better just because you are here.... notworthy.gif clapping.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 26 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #49

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Denny @ Sep 26 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]153733[/snapback]

and there will be no segregated areas the concept of 'race' will not exist in fact there will only be one race - homo sapien

Sis, there is CURRENTLY only ONE race of men...

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Can we PLEASE stop the bald face lie that there is more than one race. The whole point of making distinctions about "race" is to continue perpetuating the lie that some "races" are better than others. According to my Father all nations of men are made of one blood. According to my Father --

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.

Sis I am just saying we don't want to keep that lie going.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 26 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Sep 26 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]153824[/snapback]

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Can we PLEASE stop the bald face lie that there is more than one race. The whole point of making distinctions about "race" is to continue perpetuating the lie that some "races" are better than others. According to my Father all nations of men are made of one blood. According to my Father --

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond [nor] free: but Christ [is] all, and in all.

I agree with you completely. We are definitely one blood, from common ancestry.

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Sep 26 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Sep 26 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]153824[/snapback]

That's fer sure! But I have found the two times I have been to a make up-store (Merle Norman) and another, more sophisticated one (with a free coupon!) I was certainly surprised at how differently the two make-up artists saw me. I had a fairly sallow complection as a young girl and expected that the MU artist would use that feature to my advantage by giving my face a lightly tanned look. Well the Merle Norman gal did a very good job. But the other gal decided to take all of the color out of my face and when she was done I literally looked like a clown! Back then I was not a very kind person when something like that surprised me and I walked out of the store exclaiming that I looked like a CLOWN. The poor girl was so-o-o-o embarrassed and I was ashamed of my own self when I got back into my car. Poor girl had done the best she could with what she had. But I should have gone back into the store and apologized to her.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 26 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #52

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(JustTana @ Sep 26 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]153838[/snapback]

That's fer sure! But I have found the two times I have been to a make up-store (Merle Norman) and another, more sophisticated one (with a free coupon!) I was certainly surprised at how differently the two make-up artists saw me. I had a fairly sallow complection as a young girl and expected that the MU artist would use that feature to my advantage by giving my face a lightly tanned look. Well the Merle Norman gal did a very good job. But the other gal decided to take all of the color out of my face and when she was done I literally looked like a clown! Back then I was not a very kind person when something like that surprised me and I walked out of the store exclaiming that I looked like a CLOWN. The poor girl was so-o-o-o embarrassed and I was ashamed of my own self when I got back into my car. Poor girl had done the best she could with what she had. But I should have gone back into the store and apologized to her.

Uhhh OK. blink.gif

QUOTE(sister @ Sep 26 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]153836[/snapback]

I agree with you completely. We are definitely one blood, from common ancestry.

Common?

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
sister
post Sep 26 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Sep 26 2006, 09:53 PM) [snapback]153839[/snapback]

Common?

Shared or common. We all share the same ancestry or have common ancestry. Not in the immediate sense. Don't worry, Sister is not your Auntie's or your brother's wife's other persona. Of course, you can never really be sure... flirt.gif

This post has been edited by sister: Sep 26 2006, 09:59 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 26 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Sep 26 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]153824[/snapback]

AMEN!! (But it will be fun to see if there are a variety of pigments in heaven and on the new earth)

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Sep 27 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

Why not, there are now and only prejudice makes it an issue.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Denny
post Sep 27 2006, 04:36 AM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Sep 27 2006, 01:55 AM) [snapback]153824[/snapback]

Yeah but we don't practise it the fact there is need for a site called BlackSDA says it all

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 27 2006, 05:37 AM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Denny @ Sep 27 2006, 05:36 AM) [snapback]153867[/snapback]

Yeah but we don't practise it the fact there is need for a site called BlackSDA says it all

truizm......

--------------------

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 27 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I always thought that looks and color was a strange way to sort people out. But there is a difference in culture and the way we see things that often leads to misunderstandings and we sometimes assume people have certain sterotypes of us in their heads when they may or may not.

The descendent of a southern white sharecropper and the descendent of the southern black sharecropper may have more in common than either one has with the son or daughter who has inherited the advantages and the tastes of an upper class upbringing.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 27 2006, 06:54 AM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(lurker @ Sep 27 2006, 06:33 AM) [snapback]153878[/snapback]

I always thought that looks and color was a strange way to sort people out. But there is a difference in culture and the way we see things that often leads to misunderstandings and we sometimes assume people have certain sterotypes of us in their heads when they may or may not.

The descendent of a southern white sharecropper and the descendent of the southern black sharecropper may have more in common than either one has with the son or daughter who has inherited the advantages and the tastes of an upper class upbringing.

color was chosen because it was easy to identify and discriminate against those who were not the "right" color.... it is definitely an artificial barrier but one that is useful for the acquiring and maintaining power.... at least that is how it has manifested itself here in the U.S.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post Sep 27 2006, 07:23 AM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(lurker @ Sep 27 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]153878[/snapback]

Maybe true but their treatment by society on first contact is not shared... e.g.a racist society does not see upper class black man just 'a black man' or even worst a N.....r.

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church