Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11122&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:52:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why The Silence?
Guest_Cheri4Grace_*
post Oct 3 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Oct 3 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]155117[/snapback]

Beautifully put JM. We can only accept that God is in charge and that we aren't privy to all the details (and I would guess that that is a very good thing!).

Prayer and faith in the power of our God is what is needed. Thank God you and I don't have to solve it and that He will - I know I could never find a solution . . . Solomon I am not!

Won't it be wonderful to have all the mystery solved when it is finally all over and what we have to look forward to is a new world of perfection!

- fhb

Some may know me... some not... but i have been around 3ABN for years. This story may not make since to anyone but i have to say it because it was interesting to me... I worked on Teen Pathway, Live, Today, and Up Close... many times. I have been to 3ABN tons and love the ministry. I have traveled all over the world working with addicts and families... people at risk. I have watch God work in ways that have silenced me and grown my faith.
but the 10 years or so that LS was there... she never talked with me off the set... how strange that seemed to me... as soon as the camera's came on we were best friends but when the lights were off she simply walked away. It may mean nothing ... it has always bothered me though
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Oct 3 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #17

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

No...you just made Linda Shelton human....and not a perfect saint as she is portrayed by some to most....human. smile.gif

QUOTE(Cheri4Grace @ Oct 3 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]155132[/snapback]

Some may know me... some not... but i have been around 3ABN for years. This story may not make since to anyone but i have to say it because it was interesting to me... I worked on Teen Pathway, Live, Today, and Up Close... many times. I have been to 3ABN tons and love the ministry. I have traveled all over the world working with addicts and families... people at risk. I have watch God work in ways that have silenced me and grown my faith.
but the 10 years or so that LS was there... she never talked with me off the set... how strange that seemed to me... as soon as the camera's came on we were best friends but when the lights were off she simply walked away. It may mean nothing ... it has always bothered me though

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 3 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Cheri4Grace @ Oct 3 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]155132[/snapback]

Cheri, I thought that was you! Your testimony and work with the youth, the addicted and the downtrodden has been such an inspiration to me and many others. The need is so great. God bless you for being a willing vessel.

It's hard to know why you had that experience with LS. I wonder if there are others here who have had similar experiences with her. Perhaps Sister can provide some illumination.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 3 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Good evening to you Cheri!

Would you agree that someone who needed to be removed from the official 3ABN payroll for PR reasons was placed on a payroll that removed her from the official 3ABN payroll yet kept her in the 3ABN financial loop?

By the way Cheri, I have long admired you despite that little payroll thingy. You have done much for many in associciation with Danny despite the many things that are 180 degrees opposed to what you espouse. May your ministry do much good in spite of the wrong that is promoted and loved by the those who make Cheri Peters who she is to the world!

This post has been edited by beartrap: Oct 3 2006, 10:58 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 3 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Oct 3 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]155064[/snapback]

Maybe the private investigator from the east coast hired by Linda hasn't been able to put together a case - maybe there isn't anything to the rumors. There are many possibilities and only half of them get "air time" here. The assumption here seems to be that God will bring down either Danny or 3ABN altogether, a lot of assuming to know what God sees, wants, and will do. Is it possible that in the end He will make a decision that makes someone unhappy - absolutely, I expect it. The reason I expect it is because we as human beings want what we want and on occasion lose perspective and there by severe our belief that God is in charge. After all, if He were doing what was "right" it would match up with what I think should happen. We all fall into that mindset during our sanctification process (Mrs. W. said, after all, that that is a process that takes a life time).

- fhb

Who are you to make a statement like this - makes me wonder....do I really have to say it out loud that LINDA DIDN'T HIRE A PI FROM THE EAST COAST? Sounds like a testing of the crowd's response? I'm sure you know this....and to say it as though you know this to be true is a deep concern. Makes me really wonder about the other things you say....actually, I don't wonder, I know. You sound like DS who says things are fact when they are infact lies...hmm? Are you spending too much time "assuming" things as well?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 3 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Cheri4Grace @ Oct 3 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]155132[/snapback]

she never talked with me off the set... how strange that seemed to me... as soon as the camera's came on we were best friends but when the lights were off she simply walked away. It may mean nothing ... it has always bothered me though

By the way, Cheri, I really enjoy your contributions on 3ABN - especially your interviews. I know for sure that I have never heard Linda say one unkind or negative thing about you, if it matters.

Linda's a very fast walker, but so am I. When I saw her walking away, I walked behind her and talked, anyway. I didn't "read" her body language as rejection. But yes, she walks away. It was almost funny to see Dee Hilderbrand - in those high heels - walking behind Linda and trying to keep up. Linda would be wearing flats and walking faster than a wildfire going through a hayfield. Linda would be listening to Dee the whole time as Dee clopped along in those heels. How you women can do that I'll never know.

Later, when Linda saw me out in public, she would cross the room to say hello to me. She also said kind things about me to others. So, don't let it bother you. She did it to all of us and I know for sure it meant nothing.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 3 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #22

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Oct 3 2006, 11:06 PM) [snapback]155144[/snapback]

LINDA DIDN'T HIRE A PI FROM THE EAST COAST

No, Linda didn't hire anyone.

Another point of clarification.

There are at least 160 people working at 3ABN, in various locations, and I'm sure nobody here wants to "bring down 3ABN" so that they all lose their jobs, etc. The "bring down" comment originally surfaced in a someone's casual question, but has somehow taken on a life of its own, as though it's part of someone's agenda or goal.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Oct 3 2006, 11:33 PM

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 3 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 3 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]155143[/snapback]

Good evening to you Cheri!

Would you agree that someone who needed to be removed from the official 3ABN payroll for PR reasons was placed on a payroll that removed her from the official 3ABN payroll yet kept her in the 3ABN financial loop?

Hello Cheri, perhaps you would like to explain the above comment by Bear. We welcome your explaination. It should be quite interesting...

Sister

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 3 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Oct 4 2006, 12:06 AM) [snapback]155144[/snapback]

You sound like DS who says things are fact when they are infact lies...hmm? Are you spending too much time "assuming" things as well?

Hmmmm... Every attorney learns in law school that one of the downfalls that will bring a lawer down very quickly is the fallacy of assumed premise.

Is it possible that an assumed premise on the part of many Adventists is that when Danny says something, he is saying something that is backed by the the word of God, or indisputable proof? Is the indisputable credibility of Danny Shelton an assumed premise for many actions and assumptions that have destroyed the lives and reputations of many people? Have 3ABN board members and programmers, such as Nick Miller and yourself, fallen for this fallacy?

Could this assumed premise have anything to do with the fact that DannySelton/3ABN has done more than any other entity, including the SDA church, to spread SDA doctrine to the world? Is he not supporting and spreading your (Cheri Peters') philosophy to the world in a way the the SDA church itself cannot do?

This post has been edited by beartrap: Oct 3 2006, 11:55 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Cheri4Grace_*
post Oct 4 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #25

Guests

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 3 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]155147[/snapback]

Hello Cheri, perhaps you would like to explain the above comment by Bear. We welcome your explaination. It should be quite interesting...

Sister

I have no idea... but it' s clear to me that whoever speaks up in this forum will get attack. I work for God ... who loves me and continues to heal me. I also feel passionately about helping those lost in addiction and dysfunction to see Jesus and chose recovery.
I believe the Holy Spirit works with us all to help us break free from all the junk that keeps us in bondage... our sin. And Jesus teaches us how to love rather then hate... it's the work of a life time.
I feel so much hate in here that it scares me to even be here... i don't want to be caught up in it... i am not smart enough for sure

i get support from a number of sources but have not been on anyone's payroll... except the ministry i founded... i am not sure what Bear is referring to... but wanted to set things straight before i say Good Bye and please take care of yourselves.

If anyone can tell me how to get my name off this site i would so appreciate it... i don't even want someone to be able to twist things. I really feel fear here ... and i know that my only motive is to follow God and be ready when He comes

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 4 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Hmmm.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Oct 4 2006, 08:54 AM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 4 2006, 12:52 AM
Post #27

500 + posts
Group Icon

Yep

This post has been edited by beartrap: Oct 4 2006, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Oct 4 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Oct 3 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]155064[/snapback]

Maybe the private investigator from the east coast hired by Linda hasn't been able to put together a case

An old lawyer's trick......Using a Maybe and then throwing in a blatant lie, hoping (usually correctly) that the reader will not notice the "Maybe" and will allow the lie to fester in the subconscious. No, I did not say you were lying. I merely said that it was an old lawyer's trick that is used to deceive.

Instead of going that direction, please either give us verifiable facts or say nothing.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 4 2006, 07:53 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 3 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]155146[/snapback]

No, Linda didn't hire anyone.

Another point of clarification.

There are at least 160 people working at 3ABN, in various locations, and I'm sure nobody here wants to "bring down 3ABN" so that they all lose their jobs, etc. The "bring down" comment originally surfaced in a someone's casual question, but has somehow taken on a life of its own, as though it's part of someone's agenda or goal.

It probably should also be pointed out that whenever the "bring down 3abn" concept arose, it was in the context that Danny tightly identifies 3abn as "his baby" and declares that no one will "take his baby away from him". If this is true, and there is no way to get Danny and his coherts out of 3abn, then the only way to solve the problem of Danny "representing" the SDA church would be to cut all ties with 3abn.

There may turn out to be no choice anyhow .... but again, this is a "wait and see" area. Meanwhile, we continue to probe around to try and find the true extent of the problems .... and to spread as much information as is legal and appropriate so as many as possible can be warned.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 4 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ralph @ Oct 4 2006, 12:03 AM) [snapback]155155[/snapback]

An old lawyer's trick......Using a Maybe and then throwing in a blatant lie, hoping (usually correctly) that the reader will not notice the "Maybe" and will allow the lie to fester in the subconscious. No, I did not say you were lying. I merely said that it was an old lawyer's trick that is used to deceive.

Instead of going that direction, please either give us verifiable facts or say nothing.

Just a small point, Ralph. I have been reading posts here since August and have noticed that many folks have put out their own opinions as well as suppositions. If only verifiable facts, as you request, were posted here, I'm afraid that the 3abn forum on BSDA would be rather small.

FHB, are you an old lawyer? giggle.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:52 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church