Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11132&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:22 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Statement - Alyssa Moore, Linda Shelton's daughter
sister
post Oct 12 2006, 06:57 AM
Post #121

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Fran @ Oct 12 2006, 12:32 AM) [snapback]156433[/snapback]

Very Good!

John Q public has heard so long about Danny was God's Chosen! Was he? In my opinion, God used Linda. Every time she was on, she pointed everyone to Jesus.

I believe Linda was the one teaching us how to have a relationship with God, the Father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit. Just my opinion. Something to think about.

Fran, I am in agreement with you. Could God have blessed Danny, an Achan in the camp of Isreal? No... But could the blessing upon 3ABN have been the result of Linda's faithfullness? Something very interesting to think about...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SandyColorado
post Oct 12 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #122

Member No.: 599

QUOTE(sister @ Oct 12 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]156452[/snapback]

Fran, I am in agreement with you. Could God have blessed Danny, an Achan in the camp of Isreal? No... But could the blessing upon 3ABN have been the result of Linda's faithfullness? Something very interesting to think about...

I totally agree too. I have been reading Fran's take on this for quite a while (both here and CA) and she seems to have hit the nail on the head. I know that she has been saying for quite a while to "follow the money" but this is more personal. This is what some of us have been thinking for a long time. God left the house when Linda left. All that is left is for Danny to poorly pick up the pieces and try to hold on to his sinking ship until it totally goes down. We need to continue to pray that only Danny sinks - not 3ABN.

This post has been edited by SandyColorado: Oct 12 2006, 11:54 AM

+Quote Post
Aunt B
post Oct 12 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #123

Member No.: 2,378

I agree with Fran that God's Spirit is with Linda. That is not to suggest that she is perfect, but that the fruit in her life shows that she is following Him and is willing to be used by Him. The testimony on her web site and that which she used to share on 3ABN show she has a relationship with Jesus. I also agree that God allowed her to be removed from 3ABN for a reason, as hard as it has been for her and for others to understand. As for Danny, what is the fruit of his life? Is it consistent with what he professes?

I appreciate Fran's comments, along with all the rest of you who have kept shedding light on this troubling story. So many of us have no way of knowing how to "research" to find the truth. Please keep your comments coming. I also appreciate BSDA and the willingness to allow access to the story as it plays out.

+Quote Post
paleface
post Oct 12 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #124

Member No.: 1,991

I agree with you Aunt B and also Welcome to BSDA.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Oct 12 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Fran @ Oct 11 2006, 11:32 PM) [snapback]156433[/snapback]

I am studying Face Profiling.
There is wonderful programming on the air waves of 3ABN, but they are not produced by 3ABN. God has used the Word of these programs to save souls! Steve Wohlberg, Doug Batchelor, John Carter, ....

Fran, I believe in everything you have stated in this post except for one thing. Why are all three of these men whom you have mentioned, Steve Wohlberg, Doug Batchelor and John Carter so quick to sing the praises of 3abn and Danny and expound of Danny's faithfulness whenever they can? I, too, have thought these men to be soulsavers, yet they hold hands with the very person who has done harm to so many people. It actually makes me feel like turning the channel whenever they come along. Matter of fact, they are on my 'doubting' list. I can understand them simply not saying anything against Danny but to speak for him when they have heard the truth never ceases to bewilder me.

This post has been edited by summertime: Oct 12 2006, 06:05 PM

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Oct 12 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(summertime @ Oct 12 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]156629[/snapback]

Why are all three of these men whom you have mentioned, Steve Wohlberg, Doug Batchelor and John Carter so quick to sing the praises of 3abn and Danny and expound of Danny's faithfulness whenever they can? I, too, have thought these men to be soulsavers, yet they hold hands with the very person who has done harm to so many people.

How many pastors would dare to get involved in the downfall of another?

(I know, I know - Dan isn't a pastor - but plays the role.)

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 12 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Oct 12 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]156632[/snapback]

How many pastors would dare to get involved in the downfall of another?

(I know, I know - Dan isn't a pastor - but plays the role.)

It occurs to me that we would do well to remember that there is a "SHAKING" coming, ...soon. The children of God are going to be moved to take a stand for God, through Jesus.

Ever since the "Adventist Movement" began in the mid 19th century there have been "leaders" who are willing "to let Achan's remain in the camp". God requires a purified church to become His Bride. We are told that there will be shaking, not only in the SDA church but in Christiandom at large.

I have a sneeking suspicion that the third and fourth generation Adventists will see the end of "compromises" with God. We need to stop playing "Let's Make A Deal" with God, and get down to scripture and prayer.

Alone with God! We are not saved as a 'body' nor as a denomination. We are saved individually. Thoes who have a working relationship with Jesus as the One to Whom we are "Engaged to Marry", are the ones He is coming back for.

That's why the call, "Come out of her, my people"! His people are coming out of her, now, but will soon come in the thousands. When the Holy Spirit has a people ready to accept these "baby Christians" without making fun of them, without sneering at their jewelry, and other things that one can grow and mature into, as the Holy Spirit leads their hearts, THEN and only then will reform come, and the sophistication and headiness will live unto themselves. But God will have Bride that will proclaim a "primitive gospel" to all the world. "Just the facts, man"!

The shaking will come as a result of the NEW converts who are on fire for God. The rockin'-chair adventists will be truly taxed to understand this new enthusiasm. Some 'old-timers" will leave our church, others will shout "It's about time! But the Laodiceans will be replaced by the "remnant". A truly thrilling vision to behold!

Those who have been covering their own sins and making excuses for their problems will fall away. Some have always blamed others for their problems, and who act the role of a victim, will fall away first. They have for so long failed to accept the need for repentance and confession that they have actually driven away the Holy Spirit from their lives.

Without the Holy Spirit in the life we don't know right from wrong and certainly don't have The Comforter there to tell us how to overcome the sin. When sin in one's life no longer appears to be sin, we have lost our "comforter", the Holy Spirit.

When we sin against the Holy Spirit there is no turning back. Only God know when that happens in one's life. That soul spends it's time looking for people to take advantage of, someone to dominate, someone to abuse, someone to call his "The Anointed One".

It happened to Pharaoh when he refused to yield to the God of Moses. God hardened Pharaoh's heart. Pharaoh was told the he was a God. (Christian Science went THAt far back?) Clay hardens when it no longer has any water coming to it. Pharaoh refused to soften his heart, God (as in the Holy Spirit) was told, by Pharaoh, to stop trying to reach Pharaoh's heart. God withdrew and Pharaoh's son died, Israel walked out of Egypt. When 'the defiant one', Pharaoh, tried to over power God's deliverance of His children, Pharaoh and all his forces drowned.

It is an awesome thing to go against God and His written word, but the ultimate sin is to harden one's heart against The Holy Spirit. And refuse to admit the sin in one's life.

Pray that all God's children will "Stand up, stand up for Jesus, you soldiers of the cross.."

Everybody sing it, ... ever wonder why they don't sing this one anymore?

This post has been edited by justme: Oct 12 2006, 09:33 PM

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Oct 12 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

[quote name='justme' date='Oct 12 2006, 10:29 PM' post='156641']
It occurs to me that we would do well to remember that there is a "SHAKING" coming, ...soon. The children of God are going to be moved to take a stand for God, through Jesus.
====================================================
Actually, the "SHAKJING" is not coming...It Is HERE!...and has been here for some time.
We are clearly in the 'time of the end'.

Let Jesus be the joy of our heart today and reveal His love to others.

Bill

--------------------
========================================
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
-------------------------------------------------------
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
-------------------------------------------------------
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill
========================================

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Oct 12 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Oct 11 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]156416[/snapback]

I also understand many don't believe Danny was chosen and the miracle stories are made up. If that is true, why do people not speak out while they are enjoying the perks of being with Danny? Why wait until you have a falling out with him? That is where the credibility comes in....if someone had the courage, (because it is the right thing to do) to tell what Danny is doing while they are in his good graces than I believe the GC would have to listen....

I don't think it was just a case of enjoying the perks of being with Danny that prevented anyone from speaking out. It was just a case of no one checking things out. In any large company it is normal for rumors to be floating around. Employees trust that their boss knows what he is doing and are usually more concerned about their own problems than they are with some rumor. But when something major goes wrong, then people start asking questions. It is easy afterwards to look back and see that things were wrong for a long time. Foresight is not so clear.

Look at the tough time that Barbara Kerr had. Even if she was working closely with both Danny and Linda, she was confused. Things weren't as clear then as they seem now. Thank you so much for speaking out. I am so proud of you.

I wish I could chat with Linda's daughter and tell her how proud I am of her for writing that statement. Probably that was the most difficult thing that she ever did, and took real courage. A person who is being treated the way Linda's daughter was treated usually has questions. "What's wrong with me ? What did I do wrong? Did I act inappropriately for him to do what he did? Is it my fault? I am sure I am the only one...." (An abused person looks inward and often is not able to see the true dynamics of the situation.)

I hope each of us can be here to give support for the people who are having a rough time right now. When we are in the middle of a mess like some of the readers have been, it is difficult to believe that there are good people -- people who really care. Right now so many people need a transfusion of hope.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 13 2006, 06:03 AM
Post #130

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ralph @ Oct 13 2006, 07:17 AM) [snapback]156652[/snapback]

I don't think it was just a case of enjoying the perks of being with Danny that prevented anyone from speaking out. It was just a case of no one checking things out. In any large company it is normal for rumors to be floating around. Employees trust that their boss knows what he is doing and are usually more concerned about their own problems than they are with some rumor. But when something major goes wrong, then people start asking questions. It is easy afterwards to look back and see that things were wrong for a long time. Foresight is not so clear.

Look at the tough time that Barbara Kerr had. Even if she was working closely with both Danny and Linda, she was confused. Things weren't as clear then as they seem now. Thank you so much for speaking out. I am so proud of you.

I wish I could chat with Linda's daughter and tell her how proud I am of her for writing that statement. Probably that was the most difficult thing that she ever did, and took real courage. A person who is being treated the way Linda's daughter was treated usually has questions. "What's wrong with me ? What did I do wrong? Did I act inappropriately for him to do what he did? Is it my fault? I am sure I am the only one...." (An abused person looks inward and often is not able to see the true dynamics of the situation.)

I hope each of us can be here to give support for the people who are having a rough time right now. When we are in the middle of a mess like some of the readers have been, it is difficult to believe that there are good people -- people who really care. Right now so many people need a transfusion of hope.

Ralph, I sure appreciate what you are saying here, and I can assure you that at least Linda appreciates it too. Linda does not normally read anything on the net herself, but I made sure she could read what you had written. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
lurker
post Oct 13 2006, 06:51 AM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Johann @ Oct 13 2006, 07:03 AM) [snapback]156672[/snapback]

Ralph, I sure appreciate what you are saying here, and I can assure you that at least Linda appreciates it too. Linda does not normally read anything on the net herself, but I made sure she could read what you had written. . .

This makes me feel bad that others have expressed how much admiration they feel for Linda's daughter also yet I have not said anything. Probably for each person that speaks up and says they appreciate her boldness, there are many who feel great that she has taken back the power in this situation. I would say to her, "You go girl! You rock!"

+Quote Post
Aunt B
post Oct 13 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #132

Member No.: 2,378

QUOTE(Ralph @ Oct 13 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]156652[/snapback]

This is all so true, and more of us need to communicate our support. Johann, please tell Linda and Alyssa there is a lot of love out here for them.

+Quote Post
Shannon
post Oct 13 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #133

Member No.: 2,383

Someone I feel has been left out of this equation and needs to be considered is Dan's current wife's daughter (or children?). I know she has at least one young school-aged daughter. We can only hope and pray that she will escape the horror of a grown man who is supposed to play the role of father, protector, comforter and, most importantly, an image of God for her, coming into her bedroom in the middle of the night. I think of her often, as I happened to glimpse her at the spring 3ABN campmeeting (and before I knew ALL of the details I now know). A very pretty young girl. I hope Brandy's eyes will not be so filled with stars and wool that she will not see the signs. Please, please join me in praying for them.

Lord God, we know you are a Friend foremost of children and we know that this child is Yours. You love and value her infinitely. Lord, we pray that You will place a hedge of protection about her, so that no attempt to hurt her may prevail. Surround her always with warrior angels whose fiery swords will stay the enemy, yea wound him for trying. We pray that his every attempt will be met with personal suffering for himself, not just inconvenience or frustration. Father, be with this mother, who cannot have truly known what kind of man she was bringing into her daughter's life and her own. Help her be ever vigilant and watchful, taking special care to warn her daughter against men who would take advantage of her. Help her to be a praying mother. Remind her of her responsibility to her child(ren) first and foremost. Finally, Father, if the unspeakable has already happened, grant wisdom and courage to these hearts, determination, too. Help them stand up, get out, speak out. Thank you for granting us a portion of Your power. Help us to use it wisely. Thank you for hearing and answering our prayers. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

This post has been edited by Shannon: Oct 14 2006, 12:27 PM

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Oct 14 2006, 04:51 AM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Remember how they trumped up false accusations against Christ in hopes of sending Him to the cross?

The innocent Son of God allowed this to happen to Him for a reason.

God is obviously allowing this to happen to Linda and to others for a reason, however, Christ rose victoriously from the dead, and He will return victoriously to the sinful planet to redeem His saints.

I also believe that good will come out of this as it did with Joseph. After he was falsely accused and sent to prison for several years, Joseph was later released from prison and was second to the Pharoah himself.

So hang in there everybody, just as Joseph hung in there.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Oct 14 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(Shannon @ Oct 14 2006, 01:44 AM) [snapback]156774[/snapback]

Someone I feel has been left out of this equation and needs to be considered is Dan's current wife's daughter (or children?). I know she has at least one young school-aged daughter. We can only hope and pray that she will escape the horror of a grown man who is supposed to play the role of father, protector, comforter and, most importantly, an image of God for her, coming into her bedroom in the middle of the night. I think of her often, as I happened to glimpse her at the spring 3ABN campmeeting (and before I knew ALL of the details I now know). A very pretty young girl. I hope Brandy's eyes will not be so filled with stars and wool that she will not see the signs. Please, please join me in praying for them.

Lord God, we know you are a Friend foremost of children and we know that this child is Yours. You love and value her infinitely. Lord, we pray that You will place a hedge of protection about her, so that no attempt to hurt her may prevail. Surround her always with warrior angels whose fiery swords will stay the enemy, yea wound him for trying. We pray that his every attempt will be met with personal suffering for himself, not just inconvenience or frustration. Father, be with this mother, who cannot have truly known what kind of man she was bringing into her daughter's life and her own. Help her be ever vigilant and watchful, taking special care to warn her daughter against men who would take advantage of her. Help her to be a praying mother. Remind her of her responsibility to her child(ren) first and foremost. Finally, Father, if the unspeakable has already happened, grant wisdom and courage to these hearts, determination, too. Help them stand up, get out, speak out. Thank you for granting us a portion of Your power. Help us to use it wisely. Thank you for hearing and answering our prayers. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

Thank you, Shannon, for such a specific prayer for these little girls. It is also my prayer and I could not have put it more beautifully than you did.

JT

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church