Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11132&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:56:20 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Statement - Alyssa Moore, Linda Shelton's daughter
summertime
post Oct 9 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

[

(Just a question.... I return you now to Fran's excellent analysis of what is and what must come to pass.)
[/quote]

A few years ago a son of one of our church members molested more than one child in the church school---particularly a girl of grade school age. WHen this came to light, the chaplain of the school knew that according to the law, this crime HAD TO BE REPORTED. The young man is in jail today and will be there for a while. Why was the GC not compelled to report this crime (and certainly it was a crime) to the civil authorities? Is it because the abused was of an older age than a grade school student? They have written proof of it in their hands---I have asked around and I hear that it is against the law for them NOT to report. Any more info along this line?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Oct 9 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #107

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Re: " . . . this crime HAD TO BE REPORTED."

Local law governs when such crimes have to be reported, and who it is that has to report such crimes. Clergy often fall into an exempt category and may or may not be required to report such. On that basis, I cannot say whether or not it had to be reported.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
summertime
post Oct 9 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Observer @ Oct 9 2006, 09:22 AM) [snapback]156007[/snapback]

Re: " . . . this crime HAD TO BE REPORTED."

Local law governs when such crimes have to be reported, and who it is that has to report such crimes. Clergy often fall into an exempt category and may or may not be required to report such. On that basis, I cannot say whether or not it had to be reported.

In this particular case, the Chaplain at the Academy was also a teacher there and was also the father of the last girl who was molested. Would that have made a difference as to whether he had to report it to the athorities?

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Oct 9 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #109

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(summertime @ Oct 9 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]156008[/snapback]

In this particular case, the Chaplain at the Academy was also a teacher there and was also the father of the last girl who was molested. Would that have made a difference as to whether he had to report it to the athorities?

In many (possibly all) states teachers, by law, are required to report any suspected abuse.

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Oct 9 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #110

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

All states are required to.... spoton.gif

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Oct 9 2006, 12:29 PM) [snapback]156024[/snapback]

In many (possibly all) states teachers, by law, are required to report any suspected abuse.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Observer
post Oct 9 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #111

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(summertime @ Oct 9 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]156008[/snapback]

There may have been a clergy exception?

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 9 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #112

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(Observer @ Oct 9 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]156040[/snapback]

There may have been a clergy exception?

Acording to what we have understood she had reached the "age of condsent" for the state of Illinois. IF she was under the age of consent it would be a "statuatory" crime against a female of against a male "under age". Having reached the age of consent a victim apparently has the "option" of reporting it or not.

Option 1. Report it?
1. Tell mom and try to make her believe it.
2. Tell "someone", Tell whom?
3. Tell the sheriff? A Sheriff in Danny's pocket!
4. Tell the conference office? The one's on Dan's board?
5. Tell the GC? They already have enough of these stories to bury.
6. Threaten Dan that "someone is gonna get told". Her word against his?
7. Victims are scrutinized more than the "perps".
8. Mom will be faced with enormous embarrassment. He'll deny it anyway.
(you add options, too)

Option 2 Don't Report it?
1. Will it continue?
2. Will someone else be next?
3. Maybe the marriage will survive if I'm quiet.
4. I "may" avoid placing my pain in public.
5. I KNOW I am not the first. No one else is reporting either.Why talk?

(Right now I just can't imagine any more either way).

+Quote Post
icedragon
post Oct 11 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Member No.: 918

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Oct 8 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]155902[/snapback]

Yes, it is real, as I have a signed copy, however, I received it on condition that I wouldn't post it on any forum, which I honoured and never did, and until given permission to do so, will not post it over at MSDAOL, or allow it to be posted there by anybody else.

I am still disappointed it has been posted here.

So let me see according to the information that BSdA, CA, MSDOL have found that Danny abused his step son, Divorced his wife because she was getting help for her son and Danny would have had to face the problems that he caused and now is guilty of sexual assult of his ex-wifes daughter.? How could God have used a man like that. these problems probally didn't start yesterday they would have been on going during the whole development of 3ABN. that just does not sound possible. Any one else see this???

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Oct 11 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(icedragon @ Oct 11 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]156407[/snapback]

How could God have used a man like that. these problems probally didn't start yesterday they would have been on going during the whole development of 3ABN. that just does not sound possible. Any one else see this???

Exactly why is it so hard to understand that things like this happen? People have a side they want you to see and a side they don't. Look at history and tell me if you don't see people like this.
Take John W. Gacy & Jeff Dahmer. Family and neghbors said they were simply wonderful people - that was of course, before bodies were pulled out of their homes.

(Not implying that anyone at 3ABN murdered anyone, just an analogy.)

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Oct 11 2006, 05:37 PM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 11 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

[quote name='husbandoftheyear' date='Oct 11 2006, 04:37 PM' post='156409']
Exactly why is it so hard to understand that things like this happen? People have a side they want you to see and a side they don't. Look at history and tell me if you don't see people like this.
Take John W. Gacy & Jeff Dahmer. Family and neghbors said they were simply wonderful people - that was of course, before bodies were pulled out of their homes.

We may not know a persons heart but God does. I have a hard time understanding too, if Danny has been "evil" all along why would God have chosen him? I believe he could have become corrupt overtime but I find it hard to believe he started out this way. I also understand many don't believe Danny was chosen and the miracle stories are made up. If that is true, why do people not speak out while they are enjoying the perks of being with Danny? Why wait until you have a falling out with him? That is where the credibility comes in....if someone had the courage, (because it is the right thing to do) to tell what Danny is doing while they are in his good graces than I believe the GC would have to listen....

+Quote Post
Tori
post Oct 11 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #116

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,252

To those of us who are removed from 3 ABN it appears very much like a cult where you have a charismatic leader who is followed by a large group of well meaning, good people. Those who continue to think for themselves are demonized. The rest truly believe they are following God's spokesperson. And they follow, sometimes sacrificing their very lives in the process. I know from reading your posts that many of you believe that Danny has done God's work. I certainly can't judge that. There is good mixed in with so many torn lives. No one but God can untangle that. But we need to teach ourselves to continue thinking for ourselves. We need to teach our children that Christianity doesn't have to be fearful. It is fearful people who are willing to follow one person blindly. No one person has a monopoly on God.
Hebrews 4:16......Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may recieve mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 11 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #117

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Tori @ Oct 11 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]156421[/snapback]

To those of us who are removed from 3 ABN it appears very much like a cult where you have a charismatic leader who is followed by a large group of well meaning, good people. Those who continue to think for themselves are demonized. The rest truly believe they are following God's spokesperson. And they follow, sometimes sacrificing their very lives in the process. I know from reading your posts that many of you believe that Danny has done God's work. I certainly can't judge that. There is good mixed in with so many torn lives. No one but God can untangle that. But we need to teach ourselves to continue thinking for ourselves. We need to teach our children that Christianity doesn't have to be fearful. It is fearful people who are willing to follow one person blindly. No one person has a monopoly on God.
Hebrews 4:16......Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may recieve mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Welcome Tori!
I appreciated your reply very much. You really said it quite well. This fear that you mentioned is truely key - and there are many aspects of "fear". It is VITAL that each person think for themselves, and ACT as well, having faith and trust in their Awesome Father in heaven that He will always be with them, and where there is this faith, there is no fear.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
justme
post Oct 11 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

I wish I could agree that good things don't come from bad people. But it just hasn't been that way. Many a person who has become famous for doing good, has a side that could be infamous if found out.

The very satellites that carry Christian broadcasting may have been made by companies that abhor Christianity.

The companies that make the broadcast equipment, studio cameras, recorders, processors, antenae, etc. may be run by some of the most heathen persons.

Sky Angel had been a friend of SDA's for many years. Why did 3ABN vanish from that satellite? Of all the rumors that have circulated about the family that now runs Sky Angel not liking Danny's handling of the "mess", the actual bottom line is that, of all the channels that went off the air for a few days, only the top-watched, top-rated program providers were reinstated in the 7 restored channels. Of the three not reinstated in the lineup, 3ABN was the least watched of all the channels on Sky Angel. Even before the "mess" began. 3ABN was already losing market share before the "black out". So after they recovered 7 of the 10 "broken" channels, 3ABN didn't make the "cut".

All who work at 3ABN are there for personal reasons. Some are there to get experience in broadcasting technology and production.

Some want to be working "for the Lord" by making these programs available.

Some are there to feed thrir egos, and be "internationally recognized".

And the list goes on. Only those who can AFFORD to leave financially, reputation-wise, or for personal reasons, can and will leave. BUT will they "TATTLE" on the one who signed the paycheck? remember those who have been blacklisted and blackmailed for leaving or being fired. Who knows what lurks in the personnel files in Danny's office?

All hidden weaknesses, inherited and cultivated, must be brought into submission to God, or they will grow and eventually become overt as we have seen.

Another factor in personality and character display is physiology. Behavior medication and pain relievers often cause unpleasant personality changes. Sometimes a change that is criminal. Many crimes take place under the influence of drugs. Let's assume for example that he has a chronic neck/shoulder/back pain. If he takes certain meds he could lose control of otherwise controllable urges. OR he may NEED medication to control them. BUT there is NO excuse for these behaviors no matter what the underlying cause! Those around him should have counselled him to "knock-it-off"!

The GC has no clout with Danny, otherwise they would have owned 3ABN by now. It's too embarrassing now for the GC even to speak of. Are there other "Danny's" in the GC closets? And what is Danny holding over some heads at the GC?

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 11 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

What justme said about the medication angle is something that is very often overlooked in situations where someone has personality changes, esp with criminal and other innapropriate behaviors.
Pain medications, muscle relaxants, all of the benzodiazapine anti-anxiety medications as well as many of the sleeping meds (not to mention the stimulants that are being prescribed these days for adult attention deficit disorder which has become a kind of fad diagnosis) all can cause personality changes such as irritability, impaired judgment, poor impusle control, diminished inhibitions, grandiosity, poor judgement and episodes of paranoia and rage. The abuse of stimulants can cause episodes of obsessive erotic/sexual behavior that can even be foriegn to the person's usual leanings. I don't know anything about Danny's drug or medical history, but it is an interesting angle.

Drugs were a major factor with Jim Jones. He was on uppers and downers for years, which could help explain a lot of his crazyness.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 11 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #120

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(justme @ Oct 11 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]156424[/snapback]

All hidden weaknesses, inherited and cultivated, must be brought into submission to God, or they will grow and eventually become overt as we have seen.

Another factor in personality and character display is physiology. Behavior medication and pain relievers often cause unpleasant personality changes. Sometimes a change that is criminal. Many crimes take place under the influence of drugs. Let's assume for example that he has a chronic neck/shoulder/back pain. If he takes certain meds he could lose control of otherwise controllable urges. OR he may NEED medication to control them. BUT there is NO excuse for these behaviors no matter what the underlying cause! Those around him should have counselled him to "knock-it-off"!

The GC has no clout with Danny, otherwise they would have owned 3ABN by now. It's too embarrassing now for the GC even to speak of. Are there other "Danny's" in the GC closets? And what is Danny holding over some heads at the GC?

Very Good!

I am studying Face Profiling. It was written by an FBI Face Profiler, Mac Fulfer. He travels all over the world to help select jury's and does profiling for the FBI. He teaches profiling to Agencies that have a need. He also teaches in Universities. I have been looking at as many pics as I can of Danny and Linda, Myself and others and am really surprised at the accuracy of this science.

This has brought up to me a thought or two. John Q public has heard so long about Danny was God's Chosen! Was he? In my opinion, God used Linda. Every time she was on, she pointed everyone to Jesus.

Danny promotes Danny and Danny's miracles. Things starting getting bad when Linda left. Could it be that God's presence left with her?

Linda has placed herself at God's mercy and after all that has been done to her, she still says, "Though they slay me, Lord, I will follow thee!"

I believe God shielded her from the truths about Danny. The Lord knew what would have to happen. The Lord knew she needed to be out of harms way, safe in the arms of God.

God put information out to a chosen few. Knowing they would cry out loud until it was heard far and wide. Now others are joining in so we can see and hear "The Rest of the Story".

Even as this mess unfolds, you can visit Linda's website filled with courage and Godliness. Inspiration to the broken hearted. What a contrast!

Compare Linda's ministry with Danny's mess. Where do we find spiritual food?

There is wonderful programming on the air waves of 3ABN, by they are not produced by 3ABN. God has used the Word of these programs to save souls! Steve Wohlberg, Doug Batchelor, John Carter, ....

I used to watch Shelly Quinn every time she appeared. I don't watch her any longer. There is too much information out there for her not to know. After the story of how Herod gave his wife's daughter the head of John the Baptist, I became convinced she knew. She knew what she was doing. Shame on her.

I will not listen to John Lomacang any longer; no Hal or Mollie; I DO watch 3ABN Today to watch Danny kick himself in the face and marvel the fact that he is totally not with it! His vision of himself is not realistic, He is living a fantasy.

I believe Linda was the one teaching us how to have a relationship with God, the Father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit. Just my opinion. Something to think about.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church