Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11339&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:26:30 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn?, Left Out
Eddy
post Oct 27 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

I feel left out. I just found out that 3ABN was a SDA channel. What channel is it on? How can I get it? If everyone hates the founders so much, why do they still watch it? What on Earth did the Sheltons do that was so terrible that everyone hates them???? Please, help a sista out. Right now, I feel very left out of the loop. sadwalk.gif

--------------------
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. MLK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Oct 27 2006, 11:33 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Gurl....You don't know what you have asked.... giggle.gif

QUOTE(Eddy @ Oct 27 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]158311[/snapback]

I feel left out. I just found out that 3ABN was a SDA channel. What channel is it on? How can I get it? If everyone hates the founders so much, why do they still watch it? What on Earth did the Sheltons do that was so terrible that everyone hates them???? Please, help a sista out. Right now, I feel very left out of the loop. sadwalk.gif

As to why people choose to still watch it when they have great dislike for it and Danny Shelton....it is their choice....whether or not it is a logical choice, another issue....

People stop watching = ratings go down= goes off the air..... BTJM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Observer
post Oct 27 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #3

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Re: "I just found out that 3ABN was a SDA channel."

3-ABN is independent from the SDA chruch. It does have some connections to it, but it is independentlly governed, and the SDA denomination does not contro it.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 27 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #4

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Eddy @ Oct 27 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]158311[/snapback]

Cheer up, Eddy. You have come to the right place ... the only place on the whole net where there is full availablity for all sides to come and post their information and opinions... and their opinions of those who post information.

BUT ... do not expect it to be a quick and easy read. Start with the pinned section above.... including working your way through the "tour guide" to selected posts of the Unauthorized History threads. Don't try it all in one sitting please! It is too much for any mortal to absorb so fast! Take it slow and thoughtfully... and when you have finished with that, venture out into other threads on this site.

I won't say "enjoy".... it's not that kind of story. But relax. You are among friends. Here's a nice soft "blankie" for when the going gets rough or scary...... cloud9.gif.....

And we also have a nice couch for hiding behind if things get REALLY scary..... sofa1.gif......

+Quote Post
Eddy
post Oct 27 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 589

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 27 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]158324[/snapback]

Cheer up, Eddy. You have come to the right place ... the only place on the whole net where there is full availablity for all sides to come and post their information and opinions... and their opinions of those who post information.

BUT ... do not expect it to be a quick and easy read. Start with the pinned section above.... including working your way through the "tour guide" to selected posts of the Unauthorized History threads. Don't try it all in one sitting please! It is too much for any mortal to absorb so fast! Take it slow and thoughtfully... and when you have finished with that, venture out into other threads on this site.

I won't say "enjoy".... it's not that kind of story. But relax. You are among friends. Here's a nice soft "blankie" for when the going gets rough or scary...... cloud9.gif.....

And we also have a nice couch for hiding behind if things get REALLY scary..... sofa1.gif......

blink.gif I've been reading, but I it seems like everyone talks about it from stuff they already know... However, my days are slow and dragging so I have plenty of time to read. I'll keep on keepin' on.

--------------------
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. MLK

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Oct 27 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #6

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Eddy @ Oct 27 2006, 09:33 AM) [snapback]158311[/snapback]

Well, I see I have been beat to post this, but 3abn is NOT an SDA channel.
You can watch Hope Channel very easily, ONLINE, or get the dish that has SDA channels on it (tv and radio) from Hope's site as well. And if you have the time to read up on the Sheltons, you will see what THEY have done to make friends and influence people wave.gif
p.s. WELCOME!!

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Lee
post Oct 27 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

3ABN is a SDA channel. It just is not owned and run by the SDA Church. But the things they teach and preach are what the SDA Church believes. They are a supportive ministry of the SDA Church, just like Amazing Facts/Faith for Today/Quiet Hour and Voice of Prophecy.

This post has been edited by Lee: Oct 27 2006, 03:06 PM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 27 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Lee @ Oct 27 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]158364[/snapback]

3ABN is a SDA channel. It just is not owned and run by the SDA Church. But the things they teach and preach are what the SDA Church believes. They are a supportive ministry of the SDA Church.

Have you looked at their website recently? Do you see ANY place where they claim to be a "supportive ministry of the SDA Church"?

And maybe you ought to check through the posts here that discuss what they teach and preach a little more thoroughly. Do they teach and preach SOME of what the SDA church teaches and preaches?...... Yes........ Do they allow ALL of what even the fairly official church Media Center's produce to be shown on their station?...... No........ Do they play the same breadth of music styles as the SDA church teaches?........ No........ Do they teach differently than the SDA church in matters of adulation given to one man and as to what it means to be a "spokesman" for God?...... Yes........ Do they advise people to support the SDA church with their tithes and offerings?...... No.

Good try, Lee .... just didn't really "cut it"...... no.gif ..... so sad..... sadwalk.gif

+Quote Post
tall73
post Oct 27 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,732

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 27 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]158366[/snapback]

Have you looked at their website recently? Do you see ANY place where they claim to be a "supportive ministry of the SDA Church"?

And maybe you ought to check through the posts here that discuss what they teach and preach a little more thoroughly. Do they teach and preach SOME of what the SDA church teaches and preaches?...... Yes........ Do they allow ALL of what even the fairly official church Media Center's produce to be shown on their station?...... No........ Do they play the same breadth of music styles as the SDA church teaches?........ No........ Do they teach differently than the SDA church in matters of adulation given to one man and as to what it means to be a "spokesman" for God?...... Yes........ Do they advise people to support the SDA church with their tithes and offerings?...... No.

Good try, Lee .... just didn't really "cut it"...... no.gif ..... so sad..... sadwalk.gif

Be that as it may I have not seen the GC renounce their joint declaration of commitment with them, and they continue to fund them by purchasing air time. So they would still technically be put under the supportive heading.

+Quote Post
freckleface
post Oct 27 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #10

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,222

QUOTE(tall73 @ Oct 27 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]158375[/snapback]

Be that as it may I have not seen the GC renounce their joint declaration of commitment with them, and they continue to fund them by purchasing air time. So they would still technically be put under the supportive heading.

As far as I know, ministries like "It Is Written" "La Voz" and other SDA programs purchase air space in secular networks.

Question, just because they buy air space from a network mean that they are "technically putting them under a supportive heading"?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Oct 27 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(tall73 @ Oct 27 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]158375[/snapback]

Please document what you refer to as a "Joint Declaration."

There may be reason to believe that it is MUCH less than people claim it to have been.

QUOTE(tall73 @ Oct 27 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]158375[/snapback]

Stay tuned to see how long some of those ministries continue to purchase air time from 3-ABN. What what happens as contracts laspe, and see if they are renewed.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Oct 27 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #12

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

I do hope I'm proven wrong but I just don't believe anything is going to change with regards to Danny, 3abn or the SDA churches relationship with it. At least not anytime soon.

The only way that things can change is if we as church members can get the word out and the financial support were to dry up. I just don't foresee that happening. Sorry.

Richard

+Quote Post
Lee
post Oct 27 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

3ABN has always been a supportive ministry--and it says so itself in their own newsletter. And they have stated it on the air. But that isn't why I believe it. I believe it because Doug Batchelor of Amazing Facts supports them as well as It is Written and other supportive ministries. It has been this way since they first started broadcasting.

A supportive ministry does not accept tithe. They encourage the tithe to be sent to the Conference. A ministry that does accept tithe is called an Independent ministry.

3ABN is a supportive ministry and always has been.

Watchbird, I'm not sure what you mean by "good try" --I'm not trying to do anything other than to say the truth. I have no other motive.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 27 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Lee @ Oct 27 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]158393[/snapback]

3ABN has always been a supportive ministry--and it says so itself in their own newsletter. And they have stated it on the air. But that isn't why I believe it. I believe it because Doug Batchelor of Amazing Facts supports them as well as It is Written and other supportive ministries. It has been this way since they first started broadcasting.

A supportive ministry does not accept tithe. They encourage the tithe to be sent to the Conference. A ministry that does accept tithe is called an Independent ministry. 3ABN is a supportive ministry and always has been.

Watchbird, I'm not sure what you mean by "good try" --I'm not trying to do anything other than to say the truth. I have no other motive.

There is a post that I have read in one of the threads by a member who, while working at 3abn, was first told to tell callers that 3abn would not accept tithe but then the word came from a manager that they were to accept it after all. I wish I could link to that post but I don't know how to search for such specific posts.

Perhaps the original poster can confirm this for you or direct you to the post.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
sister
post Oct 28 2006, 06:06 AM
Post #15

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Oct 27 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]158403[/snapback]

There is a post that I have read in one of the threads by a member who, while working at 3abn, was first told to tell callers that 3abn would not accept tithe but then the word came from a manager that they were to accept it after all. I wish I could link to that post but I don't know how to search for such specific posts.

Perhaps the original poster can confirm this for you or direct you to the post.

3ABN does knowingly accept tithe money. Mollie has stated to employees that 3ABN accepts all donations, whatever the source. I know this for a fact. By Lee's definition, that makes 3ABN an Independent Ministry. I also checked with the Illinois Conference at the time and was told that they had never had tithe money sent on to them from 3ABN.

Currently 3ABN is making a big push to show it's connection to the organized SDA church and is calling itself a "supporting ministry" of the SDA church. Has donation policy changed? No.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:26 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church