Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11339&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:51:39 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn?, Left Out
awesumtenor
post Nov 2 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #76

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Nov 2 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]159031[/snapback]

Yes, I totally agree. I've had more dealings with "policy" folk than I'd care to recount. To my viewpoint, politics are diametrically opposed to Christianity...but that's a topic for another day. And, BTW, I wasn't talking about politics in this thread, were you? I'm not sure how this applies. Just because I said that we must be discrete, does not mean I am saying that ALL those who conceal truth do well, nor that any/all forms of concealing truth are necessary. So let's not go there.

It would help if you didn't selectively extract part of my post and respond to it as if that was all I said.

*That* is deception.. and is not becoming one who claims the cross of Christ.

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Nov 2 2006, 11:32 PM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Nov 3 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #77

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Nov 2 2006, 11:31 PM) [snapback]159040[/snapback]

It would help if you didn't selectively extract part of my post and respond to it as if that was all I said.

*That* is deception.. and is not becoming one who claims the cross of Christ.

In His service,
Mr. J

Oh, is THIS the rationale behind everyone quoting entire posts on BSDA? And why I've seen complaints about it? But, let me guess, if I had not just quoted a part of it, as I did, to show to whom I was responding, and the gist of what I was responding to, i.e. if I had not quoted you at all, there would be no cause for complaint?

Pardon me for saying so, but I do not believe I was trying to be deceptive. You have certainly been critical, however. Is this your Christian response and love?

I was just trying to be helpful to the folks out there who had already read it in the original post and didn't need to read it twice. I'm sorry if that has offended you. I had no intention of stepping on toes--to the contrary, I thought I was being helpful.

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Nov 3 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #78

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Nov 3 2006, 02:52 AM) [snapback]159041[/snapback]

Oh, is THIS the rationale behind everyone quoting entire posts on BSDA? And why I've seen complaints about it? But, let me guess, if I had not just quoted a part of it, as I did, to show to whom I was responding, and the gist of what I was responding to, i.e. if I had not quoted you at all, there would be no cause for complaint?

Pardon me for saying so, but I do not believe I was trying to be deceptive. You have certainly been critical, however. Is this your Christian response and love?

I was just trying to be helpful to the folks out there who had already read it in the original post and didn't need to read it twice. I'm sorry if that has offended you. I had no intention of stepping on toes--to the contrary, I thought I was being helpful.

Helpful to yourself, perhaps... the part which specifically applied to your actions you conveniently omitted... and again, you are taking specific statements directed to you individually and attempting to paint them as if they were directed to all and sundry...

I am not speaking in general; I am speaking specifically and with express intent to you and you alone. If someone else does what you did with a post of mine I will address that person and that person alone when and if.

If you had quoted the entire EGW quote I posted and stated what you did, given your previous posts in this thread, you'd have looked like your profession of "believing EGW" was a lie... you have tried to duck being painted into that corner by excluding the part that specifically address the actions you have omitted.

You want to believe that wasn't deceptive? Knock yourself out... but you are far from letting your yea be yea and your nay, nay... and it is appearing more and more as if you have been so disingenuous with so many for so long that you have finally successed in deceiving yourself.

Should have just taken Polonius' advice; it would have kept you off of this particular slippery slope.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Nov 3 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Nov 2 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]158991[/snapback]

Since you, by your own admission, "believe Ellen White":

Those who are controlled by policy rather than by principle are not to be trusted. They will pervert the truth, conceal facts, and construe the words of others to mean that which was never intended. They will employ flattering words, while the poison of asps is under their tongue. He who does not earnestly seek the divine guidance will be deceived by their smooth words and their artful plans.

There are many who would scorn the appellation of policy men, yet who will stoop to concealment, evasion, and even misrepresentation, to accomplish their purposes. He who, in a matter of right and wrong, remains noncommittal that he may retain the friendship of all; he who seeks to secure by evasion of truth what should be won by courage; he who waits for others to take the lead, when he should go forward himself, and then feels at liberty to censure their course,--all these are in God's sight numbered as deceivers.
-- EGW, Signs of the Times, Aug 4, 1881

If you do, as you claim, believe her, then the rest of your argument is just so much rationalization.

In His service,
Mr. J

Are we happy now? smile.gif

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church