Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1144&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:59:01 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News, But it is.
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 21 2004, 08:32 AM
Post #1

Guests

Because of decisions Linda Shelton has made that have taken her in a different direction than that of the ministry, the Board of Directors of Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) regrets to say that she is no longer an employee of 3ABN.

Posted June 17, 2004.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denny
post Jun 21 2004, 09:08 AM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

This is news to me, what happened then?

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 21 2004, 09:23 AM
Post #3

Guests

I copied the statement from the 3ABN website. I do not think it fair to post what I have read about what happened.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 21 2004, 10:07 AM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 21 2004, 07:23 AM)
I copied the statement from the 3ABN website. I do not think it fair to post what I have read about what happened.

I have to admit that I am clueless here. Can you at least tell us who she is and where to find the information that you read. even if it is thorugh PM?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 21 2004, 10:15 AM
Post #5

Guests

Her husband Danny Shelton is the founder of 3ABN. I guess the statement from 3ABN could be considered validation that something happened. Here is the link to a little discussion on the story. I would think that all parties need our concern at this time.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seventh-day-...t/message/25837

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 21 2004, 10:19 AM
Post #6

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Thanks, Darius!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Guest_kountzer_*
post Jun 21 2004, 07:03 PM
Post #7

Guests

Wow.

+Quote Post
mizrobby
post Jun 21 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14

My, my...I'm sure there is a complete spiritual and mental upheaval at 3ABN. Everyone involved really need our prayers. "Bright lights shall go out in the last days..."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 21 2004, 08:56 PM
Post #9

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

What's the possibility that false lights will go out? I am not suggesting that 3ABN is suspect, but I was wondering if those who are not genuine will be exposed in the last days?

Always wondered about that given the text, that "if it were possible the very elect would be deceived..."

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Nasha
post Jun 21 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 397

I'm going to check out the link, but wow....Linda's music was like a staple of 3abn.org.

--------------------
He starts with you

+Quote Post
Nasha
post Jun 21 2004, 09:57 PM
Post #11

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 397

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 21 2004, 10:15 AM)
Her husband Danny Shelton is the founder of 3ABN.  I guess the statement from 3ABN could be considered validation that something happened.  Here is the link to a little discussion on the story.  I would think that all parties need our concern at this time.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seventh-day-...t/message/25837

This is terrible news. At a time when the marriage of man and woman is being severely tried, SDA marriages even those in public eye are being tested and some failing. We need to get back to being for the Lord and for the word and stop trying to make exceptions for worldly things that have crept in our faith. huh.gif

btw...none of her music is listed anymore either.

--------------------
He starts with you

+Quote Post
Guest_kountzer_*
post Jun 22 2004, 05:15 AM
Post #12

Guests

I have noticed that John Lomacang and his wife were increasingly being used as guest hosts on severaal of 3ABN's programs, over the last several months. I didn't read anything into that. I just figured Danny and his wife were taking a breather and dealing with other 3ABN projects. Oh well.

DB

+Quote Post
mizrobby
post Jun 22 2004, 07:28 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14

In terms of bright lights and false lights--My husband and I have a good friend who is now divorced from her husband. Previously, she and her husband were indirectly connected to the 3ABN family. She and her husband were similar in appearance and behavior to the Shelton's although they are African American. He was extremely fanatical in his views, would interrupt the Pastor while he was preaching to say the Pastor was in error. She would be quite embarrassed and beg him to talk with the Pastor after church rather than being disruptive. He was brilliant and could break down God's word like not many others. His Bible studies, I understand, were unmatched by any. Years ago, I could see that our friend was miserable in her marriage, but I couldn't put my finger on it, other than I knew she didn't want to live that kind of strict life. Needless to say, when she finally decided to divorce her husband, she revealed that he was whipping her behind on a regular basis (oh, she did fight back but he was a former pro athlete, so to not much avail). He refused to give her a divorce until one Sunday morning, a group of us decided to have breakfast together at one of the local eateries. I looked up and saw him with a much younger woman--one of his Bible students, both wrapped up in love and lip-locking. He's 50+ and the young lady was approx. 22 years of age. He had dyed his hair black and had on makeup. I almost didn't recognize him. Well, there was a big commotion--most of us in our group were church officers and he was indeed busted. The young lady didn't realize he was still married.He finally granted her a divorce after more than 3 years of fighting against it. She is still trying to de-program from years of brainwashing and abuse.

Point is--it is so important that we are convicted by God and not dictated to by man. If your public image is not your private convictions, you will soon unravel privately and then publically. Even E.G. speaks in Adventist Home about not giving your will to man and in doing so, it becomes a sin. It also sets a dangerous precedent when we judge others by our own righteous standards. We can't divine what others are going thru and would be petrified if others knew what we are going through. Let's keep one another lifted up in sincere and fervent prayer. We all need it and prayer is an underutilized resource. Jesus is indeed, ON HIS WAY...

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 22 2004, 07:41 AM
Post #14

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Good point MizRobby,
In another forum it was pointed out that we do not have enough info to "take sides" in terms of who was innocent and who is/was guilty. I do know that she will be putting up a website soon.... www.lindashelton.org

Perhaps her side of the situation will be told.....

p.s. sorry Calvin if that is a breach of protocol.... if it is I am sure you will edit..... smile.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 22 2004, 07:47 AM
Post #15

Guests

I don't care who is innocent or guilty. I don't have anyone's future in my hands. I pain for the couple and for the ministry. I only wish that many Adventists who are being "compassionate" had been the same when it was Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggart in the cross hairs. What does it have to take for us to realize that we are all God's children trying to do what we consider in our own best interests? Yes, some of us are misguided as to what our best interests are but which among us has not at some time been the victim of self-delusion.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 12:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church