Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11474&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:50:58 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny’s Vision Of Nov. 14/15, 1984, fact or fiction
lurker
post Nov 20 2006, 04:20 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

I assume that he like many others has yet to be convinced. There are still a lot of people who just do not want to believe that a problem needs to be dealt with.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
summertime
post Nov 20 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(lurker @ Nov 20 2006, 04:20 AM) [snapback]160814[/snapback]

I assume that he like many others has yet to be convinced. There are still a lot of people who just do not want to believe that a problem needs to be dealt with.

I have found out within my own family that there are advantageous reasons that many pastors in our church will stand by 3ABN and who will not listen otherwise.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Nov 20 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Summertime, can you say what these advantages are? Are they material or do you mean that there is peer pressure to conform?

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 20 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

Do all the people that are still seen and heard on 3abn have some selfish or ulterior motive? I don't think so. I believe that there are some who God is using not because of but in spite of the corruption that is there. We must pray that no more innocent people will be hurt in the process of resolving the mess.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 21 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #80

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Nov 20 2006, 11:27 PM) [snapback]160897[/snapback]

Do all the people that are still seen and heard on 3abn have some selfish or ulterior motive? I don't think so. I believe that there are some who God is using not because of but in spite of the corruption that is there. We must pray that no more innocent people will be hurt in the process of resolving the mess.

What about the innocent people who are still being persecuted, or who are still sufferening from the persecution during the past 3 years? Should this be permitted to go on?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
summertime
post Nov 21 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lurker @ Nov 20 2006, 09:35 AM) [snapback]160839[/snapback]

Summertime, can you say what these advantages are? Are they material or do you mean that there is peer pressure to conform?

lurker, I have three members of the SDA clergy whom I have tried to talk to who belong to my own family. One is the ministerial secretary of a state not far from Missouri--Within the last three years he appeared on 3ABN to talk about a project which he was interested in and which Danny Shelton (on the air) acted to encourage people to help him with his project. To tell the truth I have forgotten what they were talking about but there he was on 3ABN getting his story out. When I had information about all that was happening at 3ABN I e-mailed it to him and his wife, and had a quick response that I was a mudslinger. I have a brother-in-law (retired pastor) who I tried to talk to about this whole thing and he responded that a few years ago the GC had tried to manage 3ABN and that he did not blame Danny for not allowing it to happen (whatever that means) He told me that he had no good feelings about Danny Shelton personally but he thought that the airing of the problems should be dropped for the good of the church. And then a brother-in-law who is a retired SDA minister. I took the letter from Dr. A. (defending himself and Linda) for him to read. He asked me how far I was going to spread the letter. I told him that as many people as possible needed to know what is happening at 3ABN. He folded the letter and told me to pray about what we were doing. He told me that he was going to stop by 3ABN and talk to Danny. I asked him if he was also going to talk to Linda and he looked at me like he thought I was wrong in asking. I have given up trying to say anymore about it to any one because they either do not want to believe (or feel afraid that the work would be hindered by criticism of 3ABN.) Personally, I am thankful if I hear of any of our leaders understanding what is happening at 3ABN. I do not know if they have peer pressure, advice from the GC about abiding by 3ABN or if they fear that the members of their church would be aghast to learn that the pastor understands and cares what is really going on at 3ABN. Until the GC openly stands against the hurtful things that are happening at 3ABN why should our leaders bite the hand that feeds them?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Nov 21 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

When I questioned a pastor about Danny being at our conference campmeeting he dismissed my concerns by saying the conference leadership would not invite anyone if there were any problems.

Richard

+Quote Post
summertime
post Nov 22 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Nov 21 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]161007[/snapback]

When I questioned a pastor about Danny being at our conference campmeeting he dismissed my concerns by saying the conference leadership would not invite anyone if there were any problems.

Richard

See what I mean? The problems are that Danny has divorced and remarried without biblical grounds, 3ABN legal dealngs are being reviewed by the state of Illinois, people have been mistreated and abused for the sake of preserving a squeaky clean image of 3ABN. No problems? It leads us back to wondering what 'no problems' means to the conference leadership. My hold on all this is that Jesus knows our problems and if 3ABN problems are not of any consequence then we have to decide where our hearts and loyalty should remain. I do not want to lose my soul over Danny Shelton's dishonesty so I simply opt out and wait for the answers to be made known by God---someday.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Nov 26 2006, 06:49 AM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(summertime @ Nov 22 2006, 08:41 AM) [snapback]161046[/snapback]

See what I mean? The problems are that Danny has divorced and remarried without biblical grounds, 3ABN legal dealngs are being reviewed by the state of Illinois, people have been mistreated and abused for the sake of preserving a squeaky clean image of 3ABN. No problems? It leads us back to wondering what 'no problems' means to the conference leadership. My hold on all this is that Jesus knows our problems and if 3ABN problems are not of any consequence then we have to decide where our hearts and loyalty should remain. I do not want to lose my soul over Danny Shelton's dishonesty so I simply opt out and wait for the answers to be made known by God---someday.

No, we don't have to opt out. Here's what we do:

We approach pastors and relatives the same way we would approach strangers about our "Stop Smoking" clinics. We don't walk up to smokers, hand them a brochure, and then pull the cigarettes right out of their mouths, do we?

We have to be subtle and discrete.

Basically, you are an evangelist dealing with members of the public (even if they are relatives) when you bring up a painful subject that is new to them. In this instance, you are the torchbearer. You are the keeper of the flame. Your friends and relatives are unenlightened. They do not know what you know. So you have to start out very slowly.

Pete

+Quote Post
summertime
post Nov 27 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Nov 26 2006, 06:49 AM) [snapback]161323[/snapback]

No, we don't have to opt out. Here's what we do:

We approach pastors and relatives the same way we would approach strangers about our "Stop Smoking" clinics. We don't walk up to smokers, hand them a brochure, and then pull the cigarettes right out of their mouths, do we?

We have to be subtle and discrete.

Basically, you are an evangelist dealing with members of the public (even if they are relatives) when you bring up a painful subject that is new to them. In this instance, you are the torchbearer. You are the keeper of the flame. Your friends and relatives are unenlightened. They do not know what you know. So you have to start out very slowly.

Pete

Hi, Pete, The problem is that this is not new to the pastors of which I speak. They know. They simply do not want to be bothered about it. Or for some reason they are afraid to talk about it. If I talk to friends about this subject, they either tell me they have no use for 3ABN and don't want to hear about it, or they are are so devoted to the message that they feel that we border on heresy if we speak against an entity which has been blessed by God with so many miracles. That is why I have taken the position to just 'wait and see' or 'surely God will not allow this to go on any longer than he chooses.' When I do talk to someone about it I am subtle and discrete. Sabbath someone asked me why the people that work at 3ABN continue to be so abused. Most people do not understand the quandry these people are in if they speak against Danny Shelton. People I talk to just do not understand how one man could be so powerful. He may be powerful but so was Hitler.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 27 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

- I received this in a package from USA today. Is this what has happened?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church