Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11474&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:51:00 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny’s Vision Of Nov. 14/15, 1984, fact or fiction
awesumtenor
post Nov 17 2006, 08:14 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(nick @ Nov 16 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]160491[/snapback]

... conversation between Nick and Nick.
Nick: Why does this entire 3abn thing seem like justifiable gossip among christians who claim that they want to see wongs made right? wallbash.gif

Nick: dunno Nick. But the way I see it going.... jus nawt sure Jesus is too happy about it.... i jus dunno.gif
Ps ... oh.... don't mind me guys, I'm just having a lil talk with myself blink.gif blink.gif

I bet that holier-than-thou gets real heavy to carry sometimes...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 17 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

Amen!!!! Well said...at the end of the day, that is how it is for ALL of us... yes.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Nov 16 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback]160552[/snapback]

Fran,
While we are here on this old world there is only one Person that we can count on and safely put our faith in 100% of the time - our God. Human beings always have the potential to fail, to do wrong things. It is never safe for us to look at them as anything more than fellow pilgrims on this journey.

The SDA church we are a part of, the Body of Christ, is made up of the same fallible human beings. Sometimes this body has viruses, bacterial infections and even cancers. When we allow it, the illnesses can be healed by the Great Physician but sometimes a malignancy needs to be removed. While the Holy Spirit provides fruits and gifts to the Body of Christ so that by using them the body's members are strengthened, our ultimate focus has to be on the LORD.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in His mighty power!" Eph. 6:10

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Nov 17 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(nick @ Nov 16 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]160491[/snapback]

... conversation between Nick and Nick.
Nick: Why does this entire 3abn thing seem like justifiable gossip among christians who claim that they want to see wongs made right? wallbash.gif

Nick: dunno Nick. But the way I see it going.... jus nawt sure Jesus is too happy about it.... i jus dunno.gif
Ps ... oh.... don't mind me guys, I'm just having a lil talk with myself blink.gif blink.gif

I've heard that it is nothing to worry about if one talks to himself.... but if one finds himself ANSWERING himself .... then it is time to start worrying..... scratchchin.gif yes.gif

Seriously... it might be a great deal more profitable if you were to talk with Jesus about it .... following his instruction to "enter into your closet" to do so rather than standing on the street corner where you can be heard by all.

As for "the entire 3abn thing".... the time to speak up on that is AFTER you have read everything that has been written here.... take your time.... we can wait for you..... wave.gif

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Nov 17 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(nick @ Nov 17 2006, 02:33 AM) [snapback]160565[/snapback]

Nick: they're just not getting it are they Nick uhm.gif

Nick: no.gif

Nick: they're looking past the issue raised (wonder if they have even thought about it scratchchin.gif ) and go straight into justifying their actions, by trying to take you on a guilt trip ohmy.gif . You rolling Nick?

Nick: Not on that trip I am!! Truth is truth and I will keep speaking about it. MOST FOLK HERE COME FOR THE ILL TALK, HAVING ITCHING EARS. They don't come so much with genuine christian concern.

Nick: As if saying 'If the laundry is dirty, we want to go through it', 'we'll just say that we long to see it clean and that'll justify our 'dirty laundry searching''. You do realise that there is a subconcious admittance of 'reading to one's hearts content'?

Nick: Well put Nick, the motive is scattered throughout the posts here clapping.gif .... what can I say, great minds do think alike flirt.gif

Nick: Well you know me better than anyone Nick thumbsup.gif

Nick and Nick : shake2.gif Let's hope they get it this time, we're not against this forum or any other - just calling for folk to clean up thier act, like they profess to be doing in Danny's case.

You omitted this part:

"God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as these unfortunate sinners posting in the 3ABN thread..."

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
nick
post Nov 17 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 820

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Nov 17 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]160580[/snapback]

You omitted this part:

"God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as these unfortunate sinners posting in the 3ABN thread..."

In His service,
Mr. J

And you seemed to have missed this part:

"we're not against this forum or any other - just calling for folk to clean up thier act, like they profess to be doing in Danny's case"

... and this part:

"some folks may be here genuinely, but the majority seem to be here for the saucy news."

Here's my bone of contention Bro. Kev;

I have read and do understand the concerns and injustices viewed about this saga. But some of us are starting to go too far... way too far. I have felt very uncomfortable with some of the posts on this issue. They have gone from simple concern and truth seeking to condemnation, wishing ill etc.

I can pull up a few posts and show you but nah. Don't want to put folks in the spot light.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Danny's guilt and secret issues should not be taken and become gossip for us.

If that makes me 'holier-than-thou, then...

This post has been edited by nick: Nov 17 2006, 10:21 AM

--------------------
"If we know Christ, we cannot be proud; if we know ourselves, we must be humble" Author Unknown

SOMETIMES YOU MUST LOSE TO WIN....CHRIST LOST OMNIPRESENCE TO WIN HUMANITY

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Nov 17 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

Nick, I am sure that you dont understand the countless amount of human suffering and the many souls that will be lost because things kept in secret by men in position of authority never are exposed for what they are. That is why John the Baptist exposed Herod. That is why the Prophet was sent to David in open forum to expose the sin to everyone. Danny has chosen to stay in the position of authority despite the apparent misgivings. Look at what I have posted previously and you will see where I stand. Before the internet Pastors were allowed to continue in secret their lives of sin even tho countless individuals were eventually hurt. I PERSONALLY KNOW OF MANY CASES WHERE THE EFFECT OF PERSONAL SINS HAVE LEFT A LASTING DAMAGING LEGACY ON UNTOLL NUMBERS OF MY FRIENDS. BUT HOPEFULLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD THESE INDIVIDUALS WILL GET OVER THEIR PAIN. I dont know the actual reason for your supposed indignation because of what you have read I can only guess. But by in large the things posted have been appropriate. But as in anything you can always find people who in almost anything do something wrong. BUT YOU SEEM TO FORGET THAT IF YOU WERE ACCUSED OF THE SAME THINGS DANNY WAS ACCUSED OF YOUR CHURCH WOULD INVESTIGATE THE ALLEGATIONS TO THE FULLEST. BY THE WAY AND IF YOU REFUSED TO LEAVE YOU WOULD BE FORCEFULLY REMOVED AND THESE SAME INDIVIDUALS WOULD DO WHAT EVER THEY NEEDED TO REMOVE YOU EVEN TO THE EXTREME OF POLICE ARREST IN PUBLIC.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Nov 17 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I am going to assume, MysteryMann that you do not realie that the use of all caps is a signe of shouting out here in cyberspace. We can disagree, but I ask that you use you "inside voice" please. smile.gif

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Nov 17 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]160628[/snapback]

Nick, I am sure that you dont understand the countless amount of human suffering and the many souls that will be lost because things kept in secret by men in position of authority never are exposed for what they are. That is why John the Baptist exposed Herod. That is why the Prophet was sent to David in open forum to expose the sin to everyone. Danny has chosen to stay in the position of authority despite the apparent misgivings. Look at what I have posted previously and you will see where I stand. Before the internet Pastors were allowed to continue in secret their lives of sin even tho countless individuals were eventually hurt. I PERSONALLY KNOW OF MANY CASES WHERE THE EFFECT OF PERSONAL SINS HAVE LEFT A LASTING DAMAGING LEGACY ON UNTOLL NUMBERS OF MY FRIENDS. BUT HOPEFULLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD THESE INDIVIDUALS WILL GET OVER THEIR PAIN. I dont know the actual reason for your supposed indignation because of what you have read I can only guess. But by in large the things posted have been appropriate. But as in anything you can always find people who in almost anything do something wrong. BUT YOU SEEM TO FORGET THAT IF YOU WERE ACCUSED OF THE SAME THINGS DANNY WAS ACCUSED OF YOUR CHURCH WOULD INVESTIGATE THE ALLEGATIONS TO THE FULLEST. BY THE WAY AND IF YOU REFUSED TO LEAVE YOU WOULD BE FORCEFULLY REMOVED AND THESE SAME INDIVIDUALS WOULD DO WHAT EVER THEY NEEDED TO REMOVE YOU EVEN TO THE EXTREME OF POLICE ARREST IN PUBLIC.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
nick
post Nov 17 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Nov 17 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]160628[/snapback]

I understand fully your point and do sympathise with the victims.

I am not saying that the truth should not be persued and for folk to be revealed for what they really are. Jesus himself did it.

The concern that I have is the extreme that some of us have gone to in this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If as a result of my previous posts anyone took offense - I apologise. notworthy.gif I am not being insentsitive to the issue at hand. Again... notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by nick: Nov 17 2006, 01:38 PM

--------------------
"If we know Christ, we cannot be proud; if we know ourselves, we must be humble" Author Unknown

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Nov 17 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

I AM SORRY FOR THE UPPER CASE DID NOT MEAN TO BE SCREAMING smile.gif And Nick I am sorry if I appeared to be reading motive into what you have said. I do not know you personally so I dont, as I have stated, know the reason for your apparent problems with the post. If it is that some have posted inappropriate things you would be, in my opinion, correct. But with almost everything in this world you have to take the good with the bad. For the most part, I believe, the things posted here serve a needed function, that being to alert the masses to the corruption of the individuals in charge. The blind leading the blind will fall into a ditch. While I know God is very forgiving and loving towards his people still there is a limit. I am not saying that I know what that limit is either but what I do know is that the people in responsible positions have a responsibility to act responsible, and that resposibility greatly multiplies when the individual claims to be the carpenter representing the great carpenter Jesus Christ.

+Quote Post
nick
post Nov 17 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Nov 17 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]160655[/snapback]

I AM SORRY FOR THE UPPER CASE DID NOT MEAN TO BE SCREAMING smile.gif And Nick I am sorry if I appeared to be reading motive into what you have said. I do not know you personally so I dont, as I have stated, know the reason for your apparent problems with the post. If it is that some have posted inappropriate things you would be, in my opinion, correct. But with almost everything in this world you have to take the good with the bad. For the most part, I believe, the things posted here serve a needed function, that being to alert the masses to the corruption of the individuals in charge. The blind leading the blind will fall into a ditch. While I know God is very forgiving and loving towards his people still there is a limit. I am not saying that I know what that limit is either but what I do know is that the people in responsible positions have a responsibility to act responsible, and that resposibility greatly multiplies when the individual claims to be the carpenter representing the great carpenter Jesus Christ.

No sweat Mystery, we cool shake2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Nov 17 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(nick @ Nov 17 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]160565[/snapback]

Nick: Not on that trip I am!! Truth is truth and I will keep speaking about it. MOST FOLK HERE COME FOR THE ILL TALK, HAVING ITCHING EARS. They don't come so much with genuine christian concern.

Note to Self: Ask Nick what the truth is from his point of view.
Self: Nick, could you please fill me in on what Truth is here?

Nick: As if saying 'If the laundry is dirty, we want to go through it', 'we'll just say that we long to see it clean and that'll justify our 'dirty laundry searching''. You do realise that there is a subconcious admittance of 'reading to one's hearts content'?

Additional note to Self: Fill Nick in on my own opinion about the spirits at work here on BSDA.

Self: Hey Nick, way back in August 2006 I became a member here in hopes to find morsels of truth about the “situation” at 3abn, a ministry that has often been a blessing to me and has enhanced my spiritual experience. Right away I became aware of some who were honest truth seekers and others who seemed to be salivating over the tasty tidbits on the dirty laundry.

Being that I prefer a plant-based diet, the laundry tidbits are not what I choose to ingest, unless they are true morsels that need to be plated and served up.

Nick and Nick : shake2.gif Let's hope they get it this time, we're not against this forum or any other - just calling for folk to clean up thier act, like they profess to be doing in Danny's case.

Thankfully, when some patrons (NOT A MAJORITY, IMO) of this establishment get to gnawing to the point of eviscerating, the Maitre’ Ds adeptly step in and point out the rules of courteous dining.

Final note to Self: Pass the antacids and please choose an easier metaphor next time. wacko.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Nov 18 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Observer @ Nov 16 2006, 07:22 AM) [snapback]160427[/snapback]

Danny and Linda married 20 years ago, or so. How in the world can either Danny or Linda respond to an alligation that they were sexually involved prior to their marriage? Thay can't. Such alligations are not fair to either of them. Twenty years of water, so to speak has passed under the bridge (Yes, I am mixing metaphores.). What is the value to us today of this focus?

If this is the case then everything discussed about 3ABN is off limits considering many of the lies started arond the same time.

I don't believe that there is a statute of limitations on sin...

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
calvin
post Nov 18 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #58

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

I have drawn the line on this discussion to limit it to the ministry of 3ABN, NOT what happened in these folks lives prior to its formation. Yall, got enough stuff with over 20 years of 3ABN to muddle through without speculating on whether Danny and Linda where having sex before they got married and before they started 3ABN…that’s nobodies business.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Nov 18 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #59

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(watchbird @ Nov 17 2006, 10:42 AM) [snapback]160573[/snapback]

I've heard that it is nothing to worry about if one talks to himself.... but if one finds himself ANSWERING himself .... then it is time to start worrying..... scratchchin.gif yes.gif

You are correct - when you start answering yourself.... you have some "other stuff" goin' on.....
blink.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
nick
post Nov 18 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Nov 18 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]160732[/snapback]

I have drawn the line on this discussion to limit it to the ministry of 3ABN, NOT what happened in these folks lives prior to its formation. Yall, got enough stuff with over 20 years of 3ABN to muddle through without speculating on whether Danny and Linda where having sex before they got married and before they started 3ABN…that’s nobodies business.

clap.gif clapping.gif clap.gif clapping.gif clap.gif clapping.gif clap.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Nov 18 2006, 03:05 AM) [snapback]160687[/snapback]

Note to Self: Ask Nick what the truth is from his point of view.
Self: Nick, could you please fill me in on what Truth is here?
Additional note to Self: Fill Nick in on my own opinion about the spirits at work here on BSDA.

Self: Hey Nick, way back in August 2006 I became a member here in hopes to find morsels of truth about the “situation” at 3abn, a ministry that has often been a blessing to me and has enhanced my spiritual experience. Right away I became aware of some who were honest truth seekers and others who seemed to be salivating over the tasty tidbits on the dirty laundry.

Being that I prefer a plant-based diet, the laundry tidbits are not what I choose to ingest, unless they are true morsels that need to be plated and served up.
Thankfully, when some patrons (NOT A MAJORITY, IMO) of this establishment get to gnawing to the point of eviscerating, the Maitre’ Ds adeptly step in and point out the rules of courteous dining.
Final note to Self: Pass the antacids and please choose an easier metaphor next time. wacko.gif

Please read my posts in detail. Some folk here have understood my concern by doing just that. Then, if you still need clearer answers to the issues that you have raised, I will gladly respond... smile.gif

This post has been edited by nick: Nov 18 2006, 04:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church