Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11474&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:51:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny’s Vision Of Nov. 14/15, 1984, fact or fiction
Fran
post Nov 18 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #61

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(calvin @ Nov 18 2006, 02:34 PM) [snapback]160732[/snapback]

I have drawn the line on this discussion to limit it to the ministry of 3ABN, NOT what happened in these folks lives prior to its formation. Yall, got enough stuff with over 20 years of 3ABN to muddle through without speculating on whether Danny and Linda where having sex before they got married and before they started 3ABN…that’s nobodies business.

Thank you.

That comment made me think of all the rape victims in court. The defense will stop at nothing to get the guilt shifted to the victim so the guilty can roam the streets to rape again!

The victims seem to get victomized all over again! It broke my heart. God help us all!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 18 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

Re: "If, as we have reason to believe, there will be a legal examination of the "irregularities" of the money handling aspects of Danny's "regime".... then Linda WILL be a part of what is examined. "

The above statement is correct. It's truth is recognized by informed people who understand the issues, and advise Linda.

Linda was a coroprate officer in 3-ABN. Any examination of financial irregularities during the time that she was a corporate officer would subject her to an examination to see what part she played in those irregularities, if any.

NOTE: Such an examination would not make her a target, in itself. It is the examination that would determine who, if any, would be a target.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 18 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #63

500 + posts
Group Icon

Re: " In some of the informational material that I receive, it would seem as though either Linda or those who are advising her, are still seriously entertaining the hopes of her being reinstated at 3abn in her original role as half owner, including salary.... which presumably would entail her resuming some of her previous responsibilities, though that detail has not been mentioned. My question here has to do not only with the seemingly impossible psychological position that would put her and everyone else concerned in... but also the more practical one as to whether she is.... on the basis of how she ran the departments under her in the past..... capable of taking on such a position and job responsibilities?"

I do not challenge the validity of the questions.

At the moment all such is speculation. I do not consider it appropriate to comment on such speculation.

I can only say that time will likely reveal whether the above is accurate, or if it is not. Further, it just may be that as events begin to unfold, as denominational officials contact various people to see if some hypothetical resolutions could bring resolution to issues that these attempts to build bridges with people will be reported as fact, when in fact they are far less than their report.

There are people who are attempting to discover resolution. Some of these are denominational officials. Others come from both sides. They are going to have to work in privacy, behind closed doors so to speak to see if they can come together. I have hope that some basis for an agreement to accomplish something positive, even if limited, will happen. However, the obstacles are great. Any tidbits of information that will leak out about this process will likely be a mixture of truth and error. In many cases the error will likely be much more than the truth.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 18 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Re: ". . . is there any evidence that Linda is even yet either aware of . . ." and it would seem as though either Linda or those who are advising her,. . .."

Yes, I know that I have ripped the above all out of context. But, allow me to comment for a minute.

Linda has collected a group of advisers, that is well known. Her directive to them is to charge them to tell her the truth, as they see it. I.e. to advise her as they believe her to be appropriate. Her advisers do not always give her the same advice. They do not always see things exactly the same.

Linda does not always accept what they tell her. She may challenge them. She may demand that they defend their advice. She has been known to make a decision.

Furthermore, contrary to what many may believe, her advisers generally do not tell her what to do. They facilitate her in making her decisions. This differs considerably from telling her to do something. Linda makes decisions at her own pace, and when she is ready.

However, she is informed, and involved.

However, it should be clearly understood that people who defend her in public act independently in what they post. They post what they think without checking in with her.

Whatever Linda does in the future will be her decision. She has collected a group of people who work with her in helping her to decide, not to tell her what to do.

This post has been edited by Observer: Nov 18 2006, 07:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 19 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

On another forum where 3abn has not been a topic of discussion someone posted that the pastor of thier local church informed a group in his church yesterday that a civil action may be brought against 3abn for misappropriation of millions of dollars.

It appears that some pastors are becoming informed and are not afraid to speak publicly about it.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 19 2006, 05:23 AM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Nov 19 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]160767[/snapback]

On another forum where 3abn has not been a topic of discussion someone posted that the pastor of thier local church informed a group in his church yesterday that a civil action may be brought against 3abn for misappropriation of millions of dollars.

It appears that some pastors are becoming informed and are not afraid to speak publicly about it.

Many here would probably appreciate it if you would cite a reference to that forum so people could check it out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 19 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Observer, I'll be happy to. www.revivalsermons.org Go to "forums" then scroll down to "town hall," then clik on "another questionable ministry". The posting I mentioned was made yesterday by "Colporteur." This is a fairly conservative website run by Richard O'Ffill.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 19 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

The othre forum is run by Richard O'Ffill. Here is the entire quotation that I think that your referenced:

"colporteur

View Profile Re: Another Questionable Minisitry ....
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2006, 08:11:26 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to dredge up all the garbage about 3ABN but tonight at vespars a pastor that does not run down ministries expressed his concern that 3ABN is headed for big trouble and will probably end up in civil court. He didn't give details but said that this is what happens when boards are hand picked an when a single person is more or less allowed to control the whole ministry. The accusation agaisnt 3ABN is abuse of use of funds by the millions.This will surely come back to bite the church when the SDA name is pushed to the forefront.
I have not been outspoken on this until know but Danny should have been removed when he remarried with out being biblically divorced. If for no other reason he should have been removed from the minstry on that count. If Linda comitted "physical" adultery then he should have claimed such but never did he or anyone claim this. This is the problem when at the GC the rules were changed and a new man made rule was made that spiritual adultery is grounds for divorce even when there is not physical adultery. Now we see the fruit and frankly it does not surprise me. Pretty hard for the church leadership to condemn something that they have approved. It is sad when people so love Danny that they were willing to ignore this and let it escalate into whatever we have at 3ABN today. I was noticing a change with Linda and her wardrobe and makeup shrtly before the scandle. I wonder if an of the key figures at 3ABN have clean hands. This blight will be irrepairable. "

I will make a couple of comments:

1) I see an accusation that 3-ABN has abused millions of dollars of funds. There is also speculation that this will result in civil action against 3-ABN. I Beleive that such is speculative, and premature. Yes, I am aware that investigations are ongoing. But, such does not mean that anything other than an investigation will take place. Such an investigation could lead to either civil or criminal action. But, it is premature to speculation on there being results of investigation that will lead to either.

2) The General Conference has never authorized "spiritual adultery" as Biblical grounds for a divorce. This issue came into play in regard to discussions of Linda's conduct and guilt. I will briefly summarize. One individual brought up the issue of "spiritual adultery" based upon a book written by a non-SDA. The idea of "spiritual adultery" was so blown out of the water, so to speak, that it was soon dropped. Supporters of 3-ABN do not presently claim that spiriutal adultery is a Biblical ground for divorce. Also, they do not claim that Linda committed physical adultery. Rather, they claim that she had an inappropriate relationship with a male (Dr. A.) not her husband, while married to Danny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 19 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Observer, I appreciate your comments. My only point was not in the details, but the fact that it is apparantly starting to be discussed openly by a pastor in a local church. We can wait and see if this is a trend.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Nov 19 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #70

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Nov 19 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]160783[/snapback]

Observer, I appreciate your comments. My only point was not in the details, but the fact that it is apparantly starting to be discussed openly by a pastor in a local church. We can wait and see if this is a trend.

I understand that. Supporters of 3-ABN regularly read these posts. when they pick up some minor, uncorrected deatail that is in error they trumpet it all over that we cannot get it right. On that basis I attempt to stop such comments as quickly as possible by correcting even minor errors. And, sometimes I have to be corrected myself.

Peace,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Nov 19 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Whether his vision was fact or fiction, it became fact. smile.gif

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 19 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Observer, Thanks. Got it.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Nov 19 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Just so there is no misunderstanding, the problems at 3abn are a forbidden topic at Richard O'Ffill's website, and have been since the subject first came there up a few months ago.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Nov 19 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I wonder why he has forbidden them there?

Of course, after being discussed at CA for quite some time, they are also forbidden there.

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Nov 19 2006, 05:47 PM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Nov 20 2006, 02:41 AM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Nov 19 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]160795[/snapback]

I wonder why he has forbidden them there?

Ruth said, "Don't entreat me to leave you, and to return from following after you, for where you go, I will go; and where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God;" Ruth 1:16

Pastor O'Ffill chose to be part of 3ABN.

Review and Herald Speakers Bureau:

http://www.reviewandherald.com/speakerbure...amp;speaker=yes

"He is often seen on 3ABN television and is host of a weekly interview program for 3ABN radio."

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Nov 20 2006, 02:45 AM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church