Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11633&st=210 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:40:20 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Damage Control, Emails
PeacefulBe
post Jan 12 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #211

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

This important topic had slipped away onto page 2 so I thought i should bring it back to page 1.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Jan 12 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #212

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

[

The flow of the email exchange between Mr. ******* and Dr. Thompson strikes me as more of an attempt to talk in circles in an effort to "catch" Dr. Thompson in a lie than it is to be a facilitator in resolution.

- fhb
[/quote] I find it excedingly difficult to believe that every member of administration at 3ABN and every board memeber have, from the start, uttered nothing but untruths. This isn't even reasonable to consider

fhb This is the most fair, reasonable and common sense approach that I have read here. I raise the question that if these self appointed investigators are doing their self appointed job, are they investigating the backgrounds of some of these accusers and or victims as they are referred to on this site? That is how it is done in a court of law. When you have an accuser and or witness on the stand the first thing that happens is to establish that person's credibility or "unestablish" his credibility depending on what side you are on. Just a suggestion if these unamed, undercover persons want to be truly thorough and fair. You might be suprised at what you find.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 13 2007, 06:36 AM
Post #213

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 13 2007, 12:01 AM) [snapback]169517[/snapback]

[

The flow of the email exchange between Mr. ******* and Dr. Thompson strikes me as more of an attempt to talk in circles in an effort to "catch" Dr. Thompson in a lie than it is to be a facilitator in resolution.

- fhb
I find it excedingly difficult to believe that every member of administration at 3ABN and every board memeber have, from the start, uttered nothing but untruths. This isn't even reasonable to consider

fhb This is the most fair, reasonable and common sense approach that I have read here. I raise the question that if these self appointed investigators are doing their self appointed job, are they investigating the backgrounds of some of these accusers and or victims as they are referred to on this site? That is how it is done in a court of law. When you have an accuser and or witness on the stand the first thing that happens is to establish that person's credibility or "unestablish" his credibility depending on what side you are on. Just a suggestion if these unamed, undercover persons want to be truly thorough and fair. You might be suprised at what you find.

It does indeed seem as though this is a "fair, reasonable, and common sense approach".... or at least a typical and expected response by WWJD.... .... if one considers the question of who WWJD is... and that the accronym most likely stands for "What Would Jacob Do"... rather than the usual, thus expected, Christian meaning of the letters. blink.gif doh.gif

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 13 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #214

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 12 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]169517[/snapback]

I raise the question that if these self appointed investigators are doing their self appointed job, are they investigating the backgrounds of some of these accusers and or victims as they are referred to on this site?

In acutality, responsible organizations put people on adminstrative leave while the alelgations are being investigated. Thus far neither Danny nor Tommy have been put on investigative leave. Why not? Linda was, on far less evidence, or no evidence at all.

And for the record, I do not know for sure whether Linda was innocent or guilty of the charges against her, and am not on a mission to exonerate her.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 13 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #215

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 13 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]169550[/snapback]

In acutality, responsible organizations put people on adminstrative leave while the alelgations are being investigated. Thus far neither Danny nor Tommy have been put on investigative leave. Why not? Linda was, on far less evidence, or no evidence at all.

And for the record, I do not know for sure whether Linda was innocent or guilty of the charges against her, and am not on a mission to exonerate her.

Well said.

It is the obvious inconsistencies and allegations without demonstrable evidence that cause a person with an open mind to wonder what is going on.

Obviously, in a court of law credibility determinations are critical and outside the courtroom, it is wise to be cautious in evaluating such emotionally charged allegations as have been made against both Shelton brothers.

Here though what I find telling and supportive of the credibility of the accusers of Tommy is that the alleged events happen at different times and places and there seems to be no reason to think the accusers are in collusion or on a witch hunt. I suppose that one might argue that the accusers are after some type of payoff or secondary gain but I have seen nothing that would support that suggestion.

Although I have read comments that Tommy might now be headed for jail, is there any indication that any of these accusers have gone to a prosecutor with their allegations? IF they have not, I doubt any prosecutor has time to take up the cause on his own. IF they have not, it does not make me question the claims because of the number of people who have come forward from different places that could not know each other. These allegations together with the letters from the churches where he pastored appear to be consistent (and I assume that the letters were not manufactured and the people who signed them would be available to attest they signed the letters in question).

Did Linda's daughter ever file charges? Without action, in all fairness, I cannot find her allegations by themselves enough to condemn Danny on that point and are worth about as much as some of the things this forum finds objectionable in what has been said about Linda. Together with other accusions of misconduct the accusation might show a pattern of unethical or even illegal behavior but her allegations alone prove nothing. One could argue it would be his word against hers. I just don't believe in making statements without "putting your money where your mouth is" if you will allow me a cliche.

Lastly, does anyone know if Linda intends to make any statements prior to the conclusion of any current pending legal proceedings she is involved in with Danny (unless I have missed something I assume she currently has none pending against 3abn or its board of directors). If the only current issue is division of marital property, is there a reason why she should not make a statement or allow an interview instead of allowing some of the speculation to continue about certain issues. Does anyone know if she has ever listened to the alleged recording and considered legal action over its very existence?

just thinking online.....

noahswife

Addendum: I also realize that some causes of action are barred by the statutes of limitations in the states of Virginia and Illinois.

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Jan 13 2007, 03:33 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jan 13 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #216

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 1 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]161984[/snapback]

It seems to me that the concern about Bob's last name is almost red herringish in nature.

It kind of puts us in a pickle, so to speak, between a side issue and the main issue.

Redfog

OK - I've been lurking for only a week and this is my first post... And even I got that one!!

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 13 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #217

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 13 2007, 07:01 AM) [snapback]169517[/snapback]

[

---

When you have an accuser and or witness on the stand the first thing that happens is to establish that person's credibility or "unestablish" his credibility depending on what side you are on. Just a suggestion if these unamed, undercover persons want to be truly thorough and fair. You might be suprised at what you find.

Then tell us, honestly, would we be in for a surprise if we try to disover your identity? I have never hidden my identity, neither has Bob Pickle, nor Gailon Artur Joy. Why are you hiding yours?

This post has been edited by Johann: Jan 18 2007, 02:32 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 15 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #218

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 13 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]169654[/snapback]

Then tell us, honestly, would we be in for a surprise if we try to disover your identity? I have never hidden my identity, neither has Bob Picle, nor Gailon Artur Joy. Why are you hiding yours?

hmmm, the silence is golden...

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 15 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #219

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 13 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]169550[/snapback]

Well as far as background goes...

I am wondering who those pictures are of, on Pastor Dunning's website. Is that him? If so how old is the man?

Also didn't you tell me Clem's brother had claimed he had "relationship" with Tommy, and was defending Tommy? How old did he claim he was at the time?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 24 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #220

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 15 2007, 08:05 PM) [snapback]170138[/snapback]

wwjd has also disappeared.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 24 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #221

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 25 2007, 12:46 AM) [snapback]172365[/snapback]

How right you are - I hadn't noticed!

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 25 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #222

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 12 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]169368[/snapback]

This important topic had slipped away onto page 2 so I thought i should bring it back to page 1.

And where do we have the Damage Control now?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 26 2007, 02:40 AM
Post #223

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 25 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]172365[/snapback]

Maybe, it got too hot in the kitchen and they decided they couldn't stand it, and got out! sweat.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 26 2007, 03:31 AM
Post #224

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 15 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]170142[/snapback]

Well as far as background goes...

I am wondering who those pictures are of, on Pastor Dunning's website. Is that him? If so how old is the man?

Also didn't you tell me Clem's brother had claimed he had "relationship" with Tommy, and was defending Tommy? How old did he claim he was at the time?

I did the math, he would have been around 19 or 20. mmm that does put a whole different light on the subject if the subject be true at all.......

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jan 26 2007, 02:40 AM) [snapback]172740[/snapback]

Maybe, it got too hot in the kitchen and they decided they couldn't stand it, and got out! sweat.gif

You can always hope...but I seriously doubt it

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 15 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]170138[/snapback]

says "sonshineonme"hmmm what's the odds that that isn't your real name

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jan 26 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #225

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 26 2007, 03:31 AM) [snapback]172748[/snapback]

I did the math, he would have been around 19 or 20. mmm that does put a whole different light on the subject if the subject be true at all.......
You can always hope...but I seriously doubt it
says "sonshineonme"hmmm what's the odds that that isn't your real name

I would lay odds that the Son does shine on her. Are you wanting to share?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:40 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church