Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11907&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:25:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Steps Down?
icedragon
post Aug 14 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 918

I have heard that danny is stepping down for 3 months. Is it my imagnation or is the investigation working???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 14 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(icedragon @ Aug 14 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]144983[/snapback]

I have heard that danny is stepping down for 3 months. Is it my imagnation or is the investigation working???

it may be your imagination, or he may be going to regroup and try to reinvent himself as some t.v. personalities do after a scandal.... OR... it could just be a vacation.... given the stuff that happened over the weekend I am inclined to believe it may be both....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 14 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

I'm not sure if he's down for the count just yet. Think back in history as to the repentant ministers or godly men, if you prefer, having confessed to sexual or other sins and risen even higher than before. I believe we'll all be shocked at the cards he'll flip out on the table.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
September
post Aug 15 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

I found this on the 3ABN website this morning...doesn't look like Danny is stepping down or taking a break--whatever he calls it.

Special Program
Please Join Danny & Tommy Shelton and Steve Darmondy

Sabbath, September 9, 2006

Palm Springs SDA Church
620 South Sunrise Way
Palm Springs, CA 92264

Contact Person: Pastor Charles Mitchell
Church Phone: 760-327-5112

Services:
Sabbath School 10:00 AM PST
Morning Worship 10:45 AM PST

Sabbath Afternoon With Danny 2:00 - 3:30 PM PST

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 15 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #5

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

September, Palm Springs is a very wealthy area. I believe Danny is just getting less "visual" by not appearing on the program. They still need funds, very badly. Palm Springs is exactly the well heeled, conservative place he needs to take his story of being victimized. I assume he will be making person al appearance at several areas like this during his "vacation".

QUOTE(September @ Aug 15 2006, 07:40 AM) [snapback]145116[/snapback]

I found this on the 3ABN website this morning...doesn't look like Danny is stepping down or taking a break--whatever he calls it.

Special Program
Please Join Danny & Tommy Shelton and Steve Darmondy

Sabbath, September 9, 2006

Palm Springs SDA Church
620 South Sunrise Way
Palm Springs, CA 92264

Contact Person: Pastor Charles Mitchell
Church Phone: 760-327-5112

Services:
Sabbath School 10:00 AM PST
Morning Worship 10:45 AM PST
Sabbath Afternoon With Danny 2:00 - 3:30 PM PST

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
September
post Aug 15 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 15 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]145133[/snapback]

September, Palm Springs is a very wealthy area. I believe Danny is just getting less "visual" by not appearing on the program. They still need funds, very badly. Palm Springs is exactly the well heeled, conservative place he needs to take his story of being victimized. I assume he will be making person al appearance at several areas like this during his "vacation".

It just gets sicker and sicker as time goes on. I watched part of the re-run this morning on the internet and heard John L's sermon basically equating Danny with Moses. It made me sick...basically we're all going to hell if we don't side with "God's annointed". Wow.

But you know what, it is Jesus who will have the last word at 3ABN...He is the Vindicator. All that we see--and don't see going on at 3ABN is not hidden from God's eyes. While we do all we can with the information that we've been given to help expose Danny's 'activities', God is watching and keeping tabs too. What I saw this morning on 3ABN online was a group of desperate people trying to hang on, using guilt trips, scare tactics--whatever--to hopefully bring in more money. Both my husband and I could plainly see that they are desperate.

Anyway, I'll step off my lil soapbox smile.gif

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 15 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(September @ Aug 15 2006, 11:01 AM) [snapback]145137[/snapback]

It just gets sicker and sicker as time goes on. I watched part of the re-run this morning on the internet and heard John L's sermon basically equating Danny with Moses. It made me sick...basically we're all going to hell if we don't side with "God's annointed". Wow.

But you know what, it is Jesus who will have the last word at 3ABN...He is the Vindicator. All that we see--and don't see going on at 3ABN is not hidden from God's eyes. While we do all we can with the information that we've been given to help expose Danny's 'activities', God is watching and keeping tabs too. What I saw this morning on 3ABN online was a group of desperate people trying to hang on, using guilt trips, scare tactics--whatever--to hopefully bring in more money. Both my husband and I could plainly see that they are desperate.

Why? You look so graceful and speak so eloquent there. giggle.gif

Do you think there is a chance that others will see what you see also? This appointment will have been made months ago. Do you suppose that maybe there might be a chance to get it cancelled? Or at least a bunch of people in that area encouraged to visit BSDA before they get on "the wagon" with Danny and his crew.

What REALLY bothers me is to see people like Steve Darmody sharing billing with Danny and Tommy on this "honey wagon." Surely he is not their "equal"! I wonder if he knows? Could he not? But if he does, how could he do what he do? dunno.gif

+Quote Post
paleface
post Aug 15 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,991

Right on! September!
Go girl go!

+Quote Post
September
post Aug 15 2006, 11:26 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 15 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]145140[/snapback]

Why? You look so graceful and speak so eloquent there. giggle.gif

Do you think there is a chance that others will see what you see also? This appointment will have been made months ago. Do you suppose that maybe there might be a chance to get it cancelled? Or at least a bunch of people in that area encouraged to visit BSDA before they get on "the wagon" with Danny and his crew.
What REALLY bothers me is to see people like Steve Darmody sharing billing with Danny and Tommy on this "honey wagon." Surely he is not their "equal"! I wonder if he knows? Could he not? But if he does, how could he do what he do? dunno.gif

Yes those thoughts have crossed my mind many many times...I have no idea--no answers either. The only thing I can say is that once again God does know...I think I'm going to change the way I pray. I have been praying that God would make things right in 3ABN land--that somehow Danny's 'cover' can be blown, etc., etc., smile.gif But I think I need to pray that God will open the eyes and ears of those that Danny preaches too--perhaps God will go before Danny and speak to the pastors of the churches where he's scheduled. Who knows. I mean, we can talk here about it until we're blue in the face, pastors may or may not come on this site but God can open eyes and ears ahead of time--or even during one of Danny's prolonged dialogues--and in that case, Danny would in effect sink his own ship.

Now please believe me when I say that I'm not one who says 'oh, let's just let things run their course, God will take care of it.' I believe He will take care of it, but we have to do all we can within our power to stand up for truth--and stand against blatant evil. That is our duty. But where we cannot do anything God can and does work with those who are sincere in bringing truth to light and He also picks up the slack wink.gif

Gee, I'm talkative today! giggle.gif

+Quote Post
paleface
post Aug 15 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,991

clapping.gif happydance.gif Keep talking, I hear ya, keep talking. thankyou.gif

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Aug 15 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(September @ Aug 15 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]145137[/snapback]

What I saw this morning on 3ABN online was a group of desperate people trying to hang on, using guilt trips, scare tactics--whatever--to hopefully bring in more money. Both my husband and I could plainly see that they are desperate.

What amazed me is how smoothly Danny wove in the announcement of his "time off" within the first 45 seconds of the second part, just after saying, "I'm looking in my life for revival and reformation and I want to tell you that I want that earnestly."

He even put up an extra fire guard for those who have heard negative comments by saying, "I'm not afraid to say we're all sinners saved by grace -- that we all make mistakes and sometimes we just have to set back and say, 'Lord help me.'"

The implication is that when Danny comes back, anything that happened in the past will not be of any importance for he will now be be a holy man who has experienced revival and reformation.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 15 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

sometimes this whole thing just makes me mad.gif furious.gif

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 15 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

ohhhh that's slick... yes it is....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 15 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 15 2006, 12:45 PM) [snapback]145194[/snapback]

sometimes this whole thing just makes me mad.gif furious.gif

I have been sitting here the past 3 hours feeling it more then ever - sick of this whole thing, sick of the mess of Dan Shelton. Its EXTREMELY frustrating to have to sit and watch, and know the money raising goes on, the ploys are out, the plans are down on paper, the lies continue, the hardness of heart of those who are abusing everyone that will willingly be abused. But, I keep coming back to the FACT that the Holy Spirit is at work too. Not just the devil. That God is working and carrying out His will.

There are many that are on the brink of breaking free in one way or another. By-standers on the "bench" - if you will, if everyone does their honest part, can you imagine what could happen? Big things - it's a test for many who have to depend totally on God to take their next steps because of this situation. Pray for everyone involved in this. I truely feel it's going to be getting much worse and much bigger then we can see with our human eyes at this moment.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 15 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

i completely agree... sometimes it just gets the best of me...
i keep asking myself how i could have worked there for so long...
praise god i finally got out... now i'm just praying that those that i still care about that are there can get out, before it's too late..

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:25 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church