Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11907&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:46:08 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Steps Down?
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 15 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,851

Get out? or make a difference by remaining there.

for example, what would happen to corrupt leadership in your local church, if all the concerned ones left?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 15 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 15 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]145215[/snapback]

Get out? or make a difference by remaining there.

for example, what would happen to corrupt leadership in your local church, if all the concerned ones left?

If the leadership in my church was corrupt, you bet I would leave. There is no reason to stay where it is obviously being led by something or someone other then God. If I know this, I leave.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If Danny S. = 3abn, and you removed him and his gang (board members and other leadership), what you have left is the people that literally run the place - the "little people". The programming more or less is already on or headed to Hope Tv, as well as other places. The people working there now, may have left already or wanted to leave, etc. if it wasn't for fear of one sort or another, should ask God if it's time to go in spite of their fears. Those that are kept in the dark on things, told to disregard this or that, and some have felt uncomfortable with things for some time, will all have to make a decision; to be part of something corrupt or not. It's always a free will choice. Can I contribute to something that is run with selfish self-serving motives and know it? NO. If I am put in that place at some time in the future, I hope I will stand and say so...come to think of it, I have been put in that place, in a smaller way recently, and I said NO. I can't support anything when it has been revealed to me it is not what it wants to appear to be.

Sometimes it does require disbanding and beginning again. Lets not hang our hat on 3abn as the only way to get the job done - or to minister to the dying world around us. 3abn is a tool. If the tool is used wrong, then truely in effect, it is not being used to it's fullest. God's ways are mysterious. I can't begin to try to understand how and why some things are allowed to continue at times, but mostsly I have learned it's because he gives us the power of choice and common sense, a BRAIN to use, and lessons to learn, often THE HARD WAY. He wastes nothing. He will use many things to reach His children. They will come to Him where they hear His voice.

Ok, passing the soap box to someone more worthy.... blink.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
justme
post Aug 15 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 15 2006, 03:02 PM) [snapback]145205[/snapback]

i completely agree... sometimes it just gets the best of me...
i keep asking myself how i could have worked there for so long...
praise god i finally got out... now i'm just praying that those that i still care about that are there can get out, before it's too late..

By any chance did you work there during the times when Linda and Barbara Kerr were doing those cooking programs? That's one thing we miss most, bedside Linda giving her talks on the porch.
Did you work in production under Dee, or in the office under Mollie?

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 15 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(September @ Aug 15 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]145142[/snapback]

I think I'm going to change the way I pray. I have been praying that God would make things right in 3ABN land--that somehow Danny's 'cover' can be blown, etc., etc., smile.gif But I think I need to pray that God will open the eyes and ears of those that Danny preaches too--perhaps God will go before Danny and speak to the pastors of the churches where he's scheduled. Who knows. I mean, we can talk here about it until we're blue in the face, pastors may or may not come on this site but God can open eyes and ears ahead of time--or even during one of Danny's prolonged dialogues--and in that case, Danny would in effect sink his own ship.

September, I'll join you in that prayer, and I hope others will too.

It's a much more desirable result to have Danny hang himself with his own tongue than to have others try to do it for him. That means we'll have to pray a lot and have a lot of patience.

Of course that doesn't mean that we should not do what we can to give folks opportunity to see what goes on behind the scenes ...

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 15 2006, 05:57 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 15 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(September @ Aug 15 2006, 12:26 PM)

I think I'm going to change the way I pray. I have been praying that God would make things right in 3ABN land--that somehow Danny's 'cover' can be blown, etc., etc., But I think I need to pray that God will open the eyes and ears of those that Danny preaches too--perhaps God will go before Danny and speak to the pastors of the churches where he's scheduled. Who knows. I mean, we can talk here about it until we're blue in the face, pastors may or may not come on this site but God can open eyes and ears ahead of time--or even during one of Danny's prolonged dialogues--and in that case, Danny would in effect sink his own ship.

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 15 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]145241[/snapback]

September, I'll join yo

Amen. This is how I will be praying too. I've just decided. yes.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 15 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

QUOTE(Ralph @ Aug 15 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]145192[/snapback]

What amazed me is how smoothly Danny wove in the announcement of his "time off" within the first 45 seconds of the second part, just after saying, "I'm looking in my life for revival and reformation and I want to tell you that I want that earnestly."

Yeah, I got that, too. This is about as close to an admission of guilt from Danny that we will get., and much "discipline" he will do. Who said it first? Jimmy Swaggart all the way!! At lwwst Jimmy had the guts to admit he had sinned. Danny is still in the "we all sin" phase, as if he just told a little white lie. Even if he ends up going to prison, he will say nor conduct himself any differently.

He even put up an extra fire guard for those who have heard negative comments by saying, "I'm not afraid to say we're all sinners saved by grace -- that we all make mistakes and sometimes we just have to set back and say, 'Lord help me.'"

The implication is that when Danny comes back, anything that happened in the past will not be of any importance for he will now be be a holy man who has experienced revival and reformation.

...And those who bring up those sins will be label as "accusers of the bretheren" doing their father's satan buisness.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 15 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

This type of praying sounds like a good action plan to me! smile.gif

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 15 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 15 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]145220[/snapback]

If the leadership in my church was corrupt, you bet I would leave. There is no reason to stay where it is obviously being led by something or someone other then God. If I know this, I leave.

What??!! uhm.gif I would hope you have more guts than that! girlpower.gif

Your local church is run more or less like a democracy. It depends very much on how the local congregation chooses to exercise its mandate. If the leadershp is "corrupt," vote it out. Get into a leadership role yourself. Make yourself visible and useful and get yourself elected to the "leadership," i.e. the local church board.

Now the situation at 3ABN is totally different. It is not a democracy, and the testimony of former workers at 3ABN makes it clear that it's quite impossible to "stay and make a difference" there, because the "little people" have no voice but are being exploited for whatever they can contritube to make the 3ABN business take in more money. The only option those folks have is to leave.

But our options at the local church level are vastly more open!
Sometimes it does require disbanding and beginning again. Lets not hang our hat on 3abn as the only way to get the job done - or to minister to the dying world around us. 3abn is a tool. If the tool is used wrong, then truely in effect, it is not being used to it's fullest. God's ways are mysterious. I can't begin to try to understand how and why some things are allowed to continue at times, but mostsly I have learned it's because he gives us the power of choice and common sense, a BRAIN to use, and lessons to learn, often THE HARD WAY. He wastes nothing. He will use many things to reach His children. They will come to Him where they hear His voice.

If the "tool is used wrong," it can easily become an agency of Satan.

There are times that even a local church needs to be disbanded when the whole membership has become too corrupt. Certainly a business like 3ABN might need to be disbanded before it can be re-invented as a true ministry.

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 15 2006, 06:35 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 15 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 15 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]145261[/snapback]

What??!! uhm.gif I would hope you have more guts than that! girlpower.gif

Your local church is run more or less like a democracy. It depends very much on how the local congregation chooses to exercise its mandate. If the leadershp is "corrupt," vote it out. Get into a leadership role yourself. Make yourself visible and useful and get yourself elected to the "leadership," i.e. the local church board.

But our options at the local church level are vastly more open!
If the "tool is used wrong," it can easily become an agency of Satan.

Actually, in my church, there is NO church board. The WHOLE body is the church board. So anyone that comes, votes and knows everything that is going on.

And, as nice as your suggestions sound, it is not that easy at all. offtopic.gif That would be a good thread to start, if it would be fruitful to those that read it. yes.gif

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Aug 15 2006, 06:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sapphire
post Aug 15 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #25

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,086

QUOTE(September @ Aug 15 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]145137[/snapback]

It just gets sicker and sicker as time goes on. I watched part of the re-run this morning on the internet and heard John L's sermon basically equating Danny with Moses. It made me sick...basically we're all going to hell if we don't side with "God's annointed". Wow.

But you know what, it is Jesus who will have the last word at 3ABN...He is the Vindicator. All that we see--and don't see going on at 3ABN is not hidden from God's eyes. While we do all we can with the information that we've been given to help expose Danny's 'activities', God is watching and keeping tabs too. What I saw this morning on 3ABN online was a group of desperate people trying to hang on, using guilt trips, scare tactics--whatever--to hopefully bring in more money. Both my husband and I could plainly see that they are desperate.

Anyway, I'll step off my lil soapbox smile.gif

September,

I think it's nausiating the way John Lomacang (and others) keep referring to Danny as "the annointed one" and sending guilt trips to anyone that would dare to hold Danny accountable. DOES 3ABN NOT REMEMBER THAT LINDA SHELTON WAS "ALSO" AN ANNOINTED ONE?????

I guess it's okay if they trash the annointed one, but the rest of the gentiles aren't allowed to touch them. scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 15 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

QUOTE(justme @ Aug 15 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]145236[/snapback]

By any chance did you work there during the times when Linda and Barbara Kerr were doing those cooking programs? That's one thing we miss most, bedside Linda giving her talks on the porch.
Did you work in production under Dee, or in the office under Mollie?

i worked in production, and yes i worked on a couple of the cooking programs

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
September
post Aug 15 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,857

QUOTE(Sapphire @ Aug 15 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]145282[/snapback]

September,

I think it's nausiating the way John Lomacang (and others) keep referring to Danny as "the annointed one" and sending guilt trips to anyone that would dare to hold Danny accountable. DOES 3ABN NOT REMEMBER THAT LINDA SHELTON WAS "ALSO" AN ANNOINTED ONE?????

I guess it's okay if they trash the annointed one, but the rest of the gentiles aren't allowed to touch them. scratchchin.gif

Oh I know! It was kinda weird how their chairs were all around Danny--like they were all proclaiming that he was the annointed one--the chosen one, etc., I realize the set is made like that--to have the chairs all around and whatnot, but today seeing them all gathered there made me ill. I've said it before, and I'll say it again--Jesus has got their number--nothing is getting past Him! Keep praying for viewers, church members, pastors, etc., to have their eyes opened. It sounds like their donations are down (??)...a good sign that an impression is being made?? I hope and pray so!

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 15 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sapphire @ Aug 15 2006, 07:00 PM) [snapback]145282[/snapback]

September,

I think it's nausiating the way John Lomacang (and others) keep referring to Danny as "the annointed one" and sending guilt trips to anyone that would dare to hold Danny accountable. DOES 3ABN NOT REMEMBER THAT LINDA SHELTON WAS "ALSO" AN ANNOINTED ONE?????I guess it's okay if they trash the annointed one, but the rest of the gentiles aren't allowed to touch them. scratchchin.gif

Do you really want to go there? I had a conversation with a male person once about that very thing, I said that God called Linda and Danny to this ministry, that it was THEIR ministry and he actually said to me (now hang on everyone) something along these lines:
- God was blessing Danny still, so it can't be Danny. And God called DAN, not Linda - Dan is the MAN. I just about passed out from SHOCK. My next thought was oh my goodness - people are WORSHIPING THIS MAN!!! It was a wake up call for me....I realized this was much more then just what happened to Linda (you all have heard me say this over and over....). Sometimes this makes me 'think-ith that 'man-ith has not come 'far-ith. no.gif The most scary thing was that people are willingly wantingly choosingly to LOOK THE OTHER WAY AND JUSTIFY IT! thumbdown.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sapphire
post Aug 15 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #29

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,086

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Aug 15 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]145293[/snapback]

Do you really want to go there? I had a conversation with a male person once about that very thing, I said that God called Linda and Danny to this ministry, that it was THEIR ministry and he actually said to me (now hang on everyone) something along these lines:
- God was blessing Danny still, so it can't be Danny. And God called DAN, not Linda - Dan is the MAN. I just about passed out from SHOCK. My next thought was oh my goodness - people are WORSHIPING THIS MAN!!! It was a wake up call for me....I realized this was much more then just what happened to Linda (you all have heard me say this over and over....). Sometimes this makes me 'think-ith that 'man-ith has not come 'far-ith. no.gif The most scary thing was that people are willingly wantingly choosingly to LOOK THE OTHER WAY AND JUSTIFY IT! thumbdown.gif

Hi Sonshine,

I DO want to go there. I recently had a conversation with a woman that had called Brenda Walsh to discuss the "happenings" at 3ABN. Brenda told this woman, "Well, Linda Shelton and Barbara Kerr are NOT at 3ABN anymore. I think that clearly shows that WE are in the RIGHT, and THEY are in the WRONG." I thought Brenda's answer was awfully brazen and self righteous. She may have a rude awakening one of these days. SOON!

I wonder if Brenda ever thought about the story of Joseph. Did it mean that while Joseph was chained up and behind bars in a dank and smelly prison that he was also in the wrong? It seems to me that God often allows His chosen servants to suffer rejection and hardship in order to refine them into polished gold.

My heart cries for Linda, but I also feel sad about those that have sold their souls for 15 minutes worth of fame. May God have mercy on their souls.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 15 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sapphire @ Aug 15 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]145314[/snapback]

Hi Sonshine,

I DO want to go there. I recently had a conversation with a woman that had called Brenda Walsh to discuss the "happenings" at 3ABN. Brenda told this woman, "Well, Linda Shelton and Barbara Kerr are NOT at 3ABN anymore. I think that clearly shows that WE are in the RIGHT, and THEY are in the WRONG." I thought Brenda's answer was awfully brazen and self righteous. She may have a rude awakening one of these days. SOON!

I wonder if Brenda ever thought about the story of Joseph. Did it mean that while Joseph was chained up and behind bars in a dank and smelly prison that he was also in the wrong? It seems to me that God often allows His chosen servants to suffer rejection and hardship in order to refine them into polished gold.

My heart cries for Linda, but I also feel sad about those that have sold their souls for 15 minutes worth of fame. May God have mercy on their souls.

It is clear to me that Brenda doesn't THINK. She must not listen to the stories that come from her mouth. Remember, she has much to "protect" herself. This is a sad state of affairs scratchchin.gif

Many many times I have told Linda "I think this is a good thing! I think this happened for a reason! I think God SAVED you from that place". The more that time passes, the more times I tell her this. I hurt for her as well. But God is bigger then anyone - ANYONE - at 3abn - the place where they break mended hearts. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church