Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11938&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:42:11 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Was Linda Innocent?
Aletheia
post Jan 1 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 1 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]166962[/snapback]

snipped...

The bigger question is who you think you are fooling with this feigned objectivity when it has been plain that while you have been a great many things in your short stay here, objective doesnt make that list.

What's in this for you, Cindy? Why are you *really* here?

Again?!? Aren't you all getting tired of the paranoia and conspiracy theories?

Ok. Pick one.

1. I'm doing it for the collective.
I am Aletheia of Borg "resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" roflmao.gif

2. 3ABN offered me a million dollars to come make you look bad by asking you to prove the things you say. And I'll be the new face you see there if I accomplish my mission. boxing.gif

3.I've been telling the truth all along and you don't believe me, will repeating it again change that? dunno.gif

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 1 2007, 05:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 1 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #92

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Jan 1 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]166971[/snapback]

Mr J, when you can't get their attention because they don't have a teachable spirit, and you know that what you are trying to get across to them is notworking.gif then you know it's probably best to move on... wave.gif but you can handle your business im sure!!! happy new year Elder J...

True dat, bruh... I think my work is done here...

The Mrs. should be getting close, isn't she?

Happy New Year to you and yours, T.

In His service,
Mr. J

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 1 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]166976[/snapback]

Again?!? Aren't you all getting tired of the paranoia and conspiracy theories?

Ok. Pick one.

1. I'm doing it for the collective.
I am Aletheia of Borg "resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" roflmao.gif
2. 3ABN offered me a million dollars to come make you look bad by asking you to prove the things you say. And I'll be the new face you see there if I accomplish my mission. boxing.gif
3.I've been telling the truth all along and you don't believe me, will repeating it again change that? dunno.gif

D. None of the above; by positing the ludicrous you're still evading the question.

Shaking the dust from my feet and moving on.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 1 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #93

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 1 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #94

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

Aletheia,

Like Mr. J., I too have dusted off my feet and moved on, that is the reason I ignored your questions to me. I have more important things to do than exchange insults with you. If you came across to us as really searching for truth that would be another matter, but unfortunately that is not the case... Most of the questions you ask have already been discussed before and answers have been given, if you are satisified or not is your choice.

Sister

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 1 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #95

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 1 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]167036[/snapback]

Aletheia,

Like Mr. J., I too have dusted off my feet and moved on, that is the reason I ignored your questions to me. I have more important things to do than exchange insults with you. If you came across to us as really searching for truth that would be another matter, but unfortunately that is not the case... Most of the questions you ask have already been discussed before and answers have been given, if you are satisified or not is your choice.

Sister

I don't see how that can be true. The only thing I remember asking you was 6 days ago right when you said it for the first time.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry165727
QUOTE(sister @ Dec 26 2006, 10:47 PM)

... Often I post what I know personally, can you make the same statement?

Linda and the wearing of a wedding ring at the GC in St. Lewis, that is nothing more than a rumor that Danny Shelton started to take the heat off of his situation....

Personally, I have never heard more lies come out of a man's mouth than from Danny Shelton. The reliable source for this information: me!

Aletheia:
So is it your personal testimony that you personally heard this from Danny Shelton and you know as fact, that this is how the alleged rumor was started? IF NOT, how is it you claim to know this?

But yes I agree, you probably did think you had more important things to do...

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jan 1 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #96

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 1 2007, 09:26 PM) [snapback]167039[/snapback]

I don't see how that can be true. The only thing I remember asking you was 6 days ago right when you said it for the first time.

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry165727
But yes I agree, you probably did think you had more important things to do...

in her words there is no probably to it...did you not read this...
Like Mr. J., I too have dusted off my feet and moved on, that is the reason I ignored your questions to me. I have more important things to do
If you haven't noticed they have moved on...for now! wave.gif

This post has been edited by HUGGINS130: Jan 1 2007, 09:35 PM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 2 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #97

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

Yes, she IS innocent of that which she was accused.

Nuff said, moving on, next slide. afro.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Jan 4 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #98

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 51

Alethia, an "uncontested" divorce can be effectuated with one party or both parties. A divorce is by default uncontested if the other party does not respond. On the other hand, if both parties agree to the divorce and the terms, then that is also an uncontested divorce.

For example, my husband divorced his first wife by obtaining an uncontested divorce. She abandoned him and when he asked for a divorce a year later, she agreed. He actually called her at work and told her when she would be served so that she would be ready to accept service. She actually signed the papers right there when the process server arrived.

Two months later, the divorce was final.

As another example, my brother-in-law served his wife with divorce papers and refused to respond. He even called her and told her he would be looking for a divorce. She refused to sign any papers and didn't hire an attorney. She didn't show up to court either (although she was out of state) and didn't get an attorney to appear in court in her absence.

Therefore the fact that Danny got an uncontested divorce from Linda is irrelevent to whether or not she agreed with the divorce. ONE CAN DIVORCE ONE'S SPOUSE WITHOUT SPOUSAL CONSENT.

And, yes, I learned this in law school and during my internship with a judge who was handling matrimonial cases and from the lawyer I worked for during law school who handled many divorce clients and for whom I handled more than one divorce client, both contested and uncontested...

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 4 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #99

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

There ya' go!
QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 2 2007, 10:07 AM) [snapback]167151[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jan 5 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #100

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 2 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]167151[/snapback]

ok!!! reloaded

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 4 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #101

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 2 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]167151[/snapback]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 7. mars 2005 14:36
To: Johann Thorvaldsson
Subject: Re: Rumors

Good morning Johann,

Thank you for your phone call and e mail. Please know that you and your dear wife are in my daily prayers - as is Linda. It is not for anger or retribution that I have taken the actions that I have taken. Everything I have done has been done honestly, prayerfully, and with the only wisdom that I have. If I have failed anywhere along the way I am truly sorry, because it has not been my intent to hurt any. I am all for justice and mercy in this case and that all be done to the glory of God. I have not acted on theory nor heresay, but only upon the convincing evidence that I have had, much of it personal experience. I have been very close to 3ABN through the years and especially so during this past year. I am pretty much aware to what is truth and what is not. And yes, there are many things that I am not aware of, but I have not based any of my decisons on those things.

So far as accusing Linda of adultry, I will say here again in writing that I have never accused linda of adultry. I do not know whether or not that has taken place, and it is has never been a factor in my decisions or recommendations. Linda was given opportunity over and over again to break off a relationship that was destroying the ministry, and to remain with 3abn. She was furthermore told by myself and others where her decisions were leading, yet she refused to listen to our advice. Only when it became evident that the ministry was at stake did we take the issue to the board for definitive action.

The letter that you refer to that I wrote to the 3ABN family does not accuse Linda of adultry. If any have interpreted it to say that, perhaps you may accept a bit of the credit for reading that element into it. But that idea was not written into the letter, nor was it intended to be implied. In fact, the specific effort was made to avoid making such an insinuation since frankly, I have never had the kind of evidence needed whereby to make such an accusation.

- - -

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Please give Irmgard my best regards.

Sincerely in the blessed name of Jesus,

Walt T
Walter Thompson MD
----- Original Message -----
To: Walt Thompson
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:32 PM
Subject: Rumors

Walt,

It was very interesting to hear you talk about rumors - or against rumors. I have read a number of your private letters to people who feel that you are merely telling rumors, so they write to us to find out what is the truth. I know from personal experience and research that a number of things you tell people are mere rumors or things that took place at a time that has no significance to this case. I sensed that your chronology of events is quite confused. In my way of thinking it is significant if you bury a person before or after he is dead. Would you give your patients anesthetics after the surgery? But in some of your statement of event it appears as if chronology is of no importance. Is that telling the truth? When I pressed this in our talk you indicated that it had no significance. Does your conscience permit you to make such mistakes when it comes to the reputation of a person who has meant so much to 3ABN? Read through your own statements and discover what I mean. If you don't see it I'll point it out to you.

About rumors. I do quite a bit of research. When I hear rumors of something that seems substantial and has to do with this case, I do not pass this on before I have proofs, such as first person accounts. This applies to such things as M*****'s smoking. I first heard of it second hand. I could hardly believe it, so I wanted to be sure it was not true. I personally questioned a witness, to be sure that it was not a mistaken identity, and I was not satisfied until I had it from two different sources, who had not merely heard it, but knew it from first hand observation. It was then I wrote about it to you, because it seemed that you were the right person to handle it, especially since it concerns 3ABN credibility.

You seem so quick to call things rumors when they apply to Danny Shelton or those close to him, while any story about Linda you accept as verified. That seemed the gist of our conversation. So what chance does Linda have in a group of so-called believers when they do not act as Christians at all the way things are handled - through what I have been able to observe personally.

You did state in our conversation that you are not accusing Linda of adultery. It would be nice to have this in writing, because that is what most people understand from the statements you have issued. Now you state that you are merely accusing Linda of having had a relationship with a man. How about all of those accusations of adultery that Danny has made and broadcast around to the world? There is something strange in your whole handling of this case. Something that does not make sense. You mean that a whole board of Christian people have been discussing that since this might lead to adultery you might as well let the World know she has committed a great sin, so she had to be dismissed from 3ABN, nobody could talk to her, and you approved that Danny should remain as president of 3ABN even though he demanded a divorce from his wife. This is not mere rumors - I have all the emails from Danny from that period to prove it. He was not the least interested in saving his marriage, but did everything in his power to get her out of the way, even while publicly asking Mark Finlay and others to pray for her return. I have scores of email from Danny to prove this, so - again - this is not rumors. And because both Danny and Linda provided me with daily insights in what was going on, I was not 6.000 miles away, but no further than the screen of my computer. Besides that I talked to both of them on the phone through this period. But you were so afraid that Danny be accused of lying about the whole case, that you made it impossible for us to testify before the board on June 1, 2004.

Do you think this case will soon be outdated? Not as long as the Lord has called me to give my testimony, because it is no honor for the Church of God to have such falsehood linger. So you might as well do something about it before it is too late. Before it breaks 3ABN.

With great concern,

Johann

This post has been edited by Johann: Feb 4 2007, 09:18 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 5 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 5 2007, 03:33 AM) [snapback]175434[/snapback]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 7. mars 2005 14:36
To: Johann Thorvaldsson
Subject: Re: Rumors

Good morning Johann,

Thank you for your phone call and e mail. Please know that you and your dear wife are in my daily prayers - as is Linda. It is not for anger or retribution that I have taken the actions that I have taken. Everything I have done has been done honestly, prayerfully, and with the only wisdom that I have. If I have failed anywhere along the way I am truly sorry, because it has not been my intent to hurt any. I am all for justice and mercy in this case and that all be done to the glory of God. I have not acted on theory nor heresay, but only upon the convincing evidence that I have had, much of it personal experience. I have been very close to 3ABN through the years and especially so during this past year. I am pretty much aware to what is truth and what is not. And yes, there are many things that I am not aware of, but I have not based any of my decisons on those things.

So far as accusing Linda of adultry, I will say here again in writing that I have never accused linda of adultry. I do not know whether or not that has taken place, and it is has never been a factor in my decisions or recommendations. Linda was given opportunity over and over again to break off a relationship that was destroying the ministry, and to remain with 3abn. She was furthermore told by myself and others where her decisions were leading, yet she refused to listen to our advice. Only when it became evident that the ministry was at stake did we take the issue to the board for definitive action.

The letter that you refer to that I wrote to the 3ABN family does not accuse Linda of adultry. If any have interpreted it to say that, perhaps you may accept a bit of the credit for reading that element into it. But that idea was not written into the letter, nor was it intended to be implied. In fact, the specific effort was made to avoid making such an insinuation since frankly, I have never had the kind of evidence needed whereby to make such an accusation.

- - -

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Please give Irmgard my best regards.

Sincerely in the blessed name of Jesus,

Walt T
Walter Thompson MD
----- Original Message -----
To: Walt Thompson
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:32 PM
Subject: Rumors

Walt,

It was very interesting to hear you talk about rumors - or against rumors. I have read a number of your private letters to people who feel that you are merely telling rumors, so they write to us to find out what is the truth. I know from personal experience and research that a number of things you tell people are mere rumors or things that took place at a time that has no significance to this case. I sensed that your chronology of events is quite confused. In my way of thinking it is significant if you bury a person before or after he is dead. Would you give your patients anesthetics after the surgery? But in some of your statement of event it appears as if chronology is of no importance. Is that telling the truth? When I pressed this in our talk you indicated that it had no significance. Does your conscience permit you to make such mistakes when it comes to the reputation of a person who has meant so much to 3ABN? Read through your own statements and discover what I mean. If you don't see it I'll point it out to you.

About rumors. I do quite a bit of research. When I hear rumors of something that seems substantial and has to do with this case, I do not pass this on before I have proofs, such as first person accounts. This applies to such things as M*****'s smoking. I first heard of it second hand. I could hardly believe it, so I wanted to be sure it was not true. I personally questioned a witness, to be sure that it was not a mistaken identity, and I was not satisfied until I had it from two different sources, who had not merely heard it, but knew it from first hand observation. It was then I wrote about it to you, because it seemed that you were the right person to handle it, especially since it concerns 3ABN credibility.

You seem so quick to call things rumors when they apply to Danny Shelton or those close to him, while any story about Linda you accept as verified. That seemed the gist of our conversation. So what chance does Linda have in a group of so-called believers when they do not act as Christians at all the way things are handled - through what I have been able to observe personally.

You did state in our conversation that you are not accusing Linda of adultery. It would be nice to have this in writing, because that is what most people understand from the statements you have issued. Now you state that you are merely accusing Linda of having had a relationship with a man. How about all of those accusations of adultery that Danny has made and broadcast around to the world? There is something strange in your whole handling of this case. Something that does not make sense. You mean that a whole board of Christian people have been discussing that since this might lead to adultery you might as well let the World know she has committed a great sin, so she had to be dismissed from 3ABN, nobody could talk to her, and you approved that Danny should remain as president of 3ABN even though he demanded a divorce from his wife. This is not mere rumors - I have all the emails from Danny from that period to prove it. He was not the least interested in saving his marriage, but did everything in his power to get her out of the way, even while publicly asking Mark Finlay and others to pray for her return. I have scores of email from Danny to prove this, so - again - this is not rumors. And because both Danny and Linda provided me with daily insights in what was going on, I was not 6.000 miles away, but no further than the screen of my computer. Besides that I talked to both of them on the phone through this period. But you were so afraid that Danny be accused of lying about the whole case, that you made it impossible for us to testify before the board on June 1, 2004.

Do you think this case will soon be outdated? Not as long as the Lord has called me to give my testimony, because it is no honor for the Church of God to have such falsehood linger. So you might as well do something about it before it is too late. Before it breaks 3ABN.

With great concern,

Johann

Thanks for posting these letters, Johann. My question to brother Thompson would be:

Brother Thompson, after reading your letter to brother Thorvaldsson dated 7 March 2005, I have to ask: What was your reason to agree on brother Danny Shelton's right to divorce and remarry?

If by divorcing and remarrying without biblical grounds brother Danny Shelton had become guilty of adultery, wouldn't you, brother Thompson, and all the other brothers and/or sisters who told him that he had the right to do it share the same guilt?

With great concern,

An SDA member

Johann, if you want to send this short letter to brother Thompson in my name, you can write my name at the end, no problem.

Blessings!

This post has been edited by Grace: Feb 5 2007, 12:08 PM

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church