Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11955&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:23:53 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tommy Shelton Vindicated!, I hope.
Pickle
post Dec 30 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #1

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

I received a personal message today here on BSDA from an individual who claimed to be a former employee of 3ABN. That message included the following:

... don't mention my name.

I gave no promises, but for now, I am going to respect that request.

Also:

Your "informant", Glenn Dryden, is not a credible source of information. ... accusations .... the same reason as the ones he is leveling against Tommy Shelton: JEALOUSY. Glenn Dryden is a spiteful, vindictive backstabber when someone crosses him. He has done this with numerous people over the past several years .... I had to threaten him with legal action myself to get him to shut his mouth.

I just wonder if this was intended to be a veiled threat against me. Hopefully not. But in light of the email sent to Dryden today and CC'ed to me by this individual, I'm just not sure. Here's what that email in its entirety said, minus the signature:

Let this serve as a warning. If you mention my name in any of the letters and emails you're sending to anyone in your latest attack on Tommy Shelton, you WILL regret it.

At any rate, the reason I'm bringing this up here is because this individual just might be able to give us the information we need to vindicate Tommy and clear him of all the allegations against him, and thus clear Danny in the process. Notice what he said was the reason why Dryden has cooked up these allegations against Tommy: "JEALOUSY."

Does that ring a bell? It should:

QUOTE(Walt Thompson)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Possible way to win 3ABN critics.
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:04:53 -0600

Dear Bob,

Thank you for you attempt to understand my sensitivity and that of 3abn administratin and board. ...

Subsequently, after this issue has been brought back to the forefront ... I contacted the only person from the Chruch of God that I could find that knew about the situation, and who had been present and witness to the events. ... The picture that was painted by that leader of the Church was exactly as portrayed earlier by Danny. Dryden was jealous of Tommy and was out to get him - a jealousy that has continued to the present. ...

I hope this is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Walt

So this individual who contacted me today just may be the unnamed individual Walt referred to above. In fact, when I asked a few folks who they thought this unnamed individual might have been, the one who wrote me was a name that was suggested.

At any rate, I responded to the personal message with the following questions:
  • "I would find it very helpful to know how Dryden's alleged jealousy of Tommy got the General Assembly of the Church of God in Illinois to revoke Tommy's credentials in 1985 when Dryden still lived 800 miles away from Tommy (and did not meet him until about that time), and did so until 1993. Could you help me on that point?"
  • "Can you state explicitly that you know of not one instance when Tommy engaged in inappropriate conduct of a sexual nature with a minor?"
I closed with, "If you have information that could clear Tommy Shelton's name, then people need to know about it."

In reply to the email he/she CC'ed to me, I asked the following questions:
  • "Were you the one Walt talked with sometime since mid-August of this year, the one who said it was all about jealousy?"
  • "If so, who gave Walt your name? I found it strange that the only Church of God member/leader he could find to contact had such a different story from everyone else."
  • "How did it come about that all of a sudden you wrote both me and Pastor Dryden? In other words, since you stated that you were a former 3ABN employee, did you contact us or come to BSDA at the request or suggestion of anyone presently or formerly connected with 3ABN?"
I closed with: "Rest assured that if you have any credible information that would vindicate Tommy, I will publicize it far and wide."

The most important question is probably #3 above. Roger Clem's 2004 letter to Tommy Shelton stated:

QUOTE(Roger Clem)
Then what makes me mad is when your brother calls to try to scare people into not saying anything or when the church receives a letter from Mike Riva telling us to stop saying anything. ... I will tell you up front, if I get a letter or phone call from your brother or an attorney that in any way appears threatening, I will immediately go to the sheriff's office and file charges against you.

It is in Danny's, Tommy's, and 3ABN's best interest that they and everyone presently or formerly connected with them not be involved in any intimidation whatsoever, whether we are talking about intimidating folks posting on this board, folks in Virginia, or folks in Illinois.

Besides that, we just must know the nature of this jealousy between Dryden and Tommy that would drive Dryden to persecute so horribly someone he had just met who lived 800 miles away.

And we need to hear that Walt got the name of the individual he talked with fromsomeone other than Danny or Tommy. Do you understand why?

We're talking about a too-late investigation this year of the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations by Walt Thompson. Was that investigation impartial and thorough? If he never contacted the other side, never contacted any of the alleged victims or their families as invited to do so in 2003 by Dryden, if he instead only contacted a single name provided to him by Danny or Tommy, a name of someone who was extremely biased in favor of Tommy and who did not present both sides of the case to him, then the investigation was anything but impartial. And I don't know what to call that but negligence.

So there is a lot hanging on these questions. So friend who wrote me, wherever you are, feel free to post your answers here and do all you can to vindicate Tommy, Danny, Walt, and the 3ABN board in regards to the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations.

I wish you success in this venture.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Dec 30 2006, 10:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Dec 31 2006, 05:23 AM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Truth needs no threats.

On this last day of the old year I am determined not to let anyone threaten me to silence again. I must admit I did this in May, 2004, when Danny did not want to let anyone hear what I had experienced and how I knew he was telling fables so he could get rid of Linda. I let his evil eye threaten me and I disappeared, when he said he'd have me arrested.

So I fled and denied the truth I knew, just like Peter and the Apostles did when they were threatened with arrest. But the Lord gave them new opportunities to tell the truth. I thank the Lord for giving me new opportunities, and I will rather face imprisonment or other threats from those who fear the truth, than to fail again.

I love the Lord and His Church. It must no longer be infestaed by such falsehoods as I have experienced in 3ABN's dealings with Linda. I must never fail Him again when facing ridicule or threats. . . It is a matter of Life or Death in these closing events of the history of our civilization.

Johann

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 31 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #3

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Our unnamed friend responded in an email to Gailon regarding some of our questions:

At this time, all I will say is the following: Neither Danny Shelton, nor anyone else associated with 3ABN, directed me to contact Mr. Pickle. I did so of my own choosing when the insinuation was made that ******. Yes, that made me mad. Wouldn't you be angry if ******?

To date, I have never spoken with Dr. Walt Thompson regarding this issue, nor at any other time as best I can recall. I will say that I agree with what the unnamed individual from the Church of God reportedly told Dr. Thompson, but it was NOT me, and I can honestly say I have no idea who it was. That's one issue you can finally put to rest.

Very good. But we are still left with a couple major questions:
  • How was Dryden jealous of Tommy to the point of isntigating child molestation allegations against him as late as 1985, when he had just recently met him and lived 800 miles away until 1993?
  • Can you explicitly state that you do not know of a single instance where Tommy engaged in inappropriate behavior of a sexual nature with a minor?
And to these we must add a few more:
  • Who made the insinuation you referred to? Thus far I am unaware of any such insinuation, and I would not believe it if anyone made such an insinuation.
  • You state that no one associated with 3ABN (except perhaps yourself, since you indicated you are a former employee) directed you to write. Can you also state that no one formerly or presently associated with 3ABN made or related that insinuation, or, directly or indirectly, pointed you to BSDA, or told you about what was on BSDA about this issue?
Of course, we all realize that the first two questions are the most criticial in vindicating Tommy.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Dec 31 2006, 06:55 AM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Dec 31 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #4

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

I don't mean this criticism in a negative way but constructively, Bob.

After reading the title, and then reviewing what was written here, I am very disapointed.

Honestly, interesting as your opinions and questions and concerns are, why can't you just quote the letter in it's entirety while withholding the name?

Why when you submit letters and documents, do you filter and quote, or copy and paste only what you think is important and not allow the rest of us to decide and discern that, or investigate for ourselves? Don't you think many heads are better then one?

I do.

I'm not saying expose the persons identity, which from what you did quote, appeared to be all that this individual asked for. I am saying respect that members here are not children or lacking intelligence, and first present all, and then post what you think.

Maybe, even asking, what do you all think? rather then telling us what to think.

This is not to just you, but all who do this, I think it a un-necessary waste of time and money to have to run out and plop down money for records, and spend time seeking them and trying to get them, and writing to individuals asking questions and for clarification and the facts when others have already done so, and the only reason I have to do so, is because those who did so before then refuse to disclose all.

Who is really being served by doing this? and in the interest of truth shouldn't we just lay out all the facts and evidence in a unbiased way regardless of our own opinions and conclusion about it?

Please, please think about this.

~ Aletheia

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 31 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #5

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Hi Aletheia.

I'm just trying to be as kind as possible. There are parts of these communications that would identify the writer, or others.

And sometimes there are things in these communications that would simply distract people from the main issues. That distractions are possible has been amply demonstrated.

But in this case, it is absolutely certain that I cannot quote everything and still be kind to this individual by not revealing their identity at this point in time.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Dec 31 2006, 09:35 AM

+Quote Post
gardener
post Dec 31 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,178

It was just announced on 3ABN that Tommy is retireing from 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Dec 31 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #7

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(gardener @ Dec 31 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]166848[/snapback]

It was just announced on 3ABN that Tommy is retireing from 3ABN.

Really?

Gailon claims:

QUOTE(Gailon Joy)
Tommy Shelton and the Ezra Church of God refused to submit to church discipline after Tommy admitted to the molestation of minors and conducting a homosexual lifestyle.

In 1985 Tommy was relieved of his license and credentials. The Ezra Church of God subsequently separated from the General Assemblies and became a congregational church. Tommy left for approximately a year to assist in the development of a church school in Marion, Ky. Tommy returned to serve as pastor for an additional two years and during this period there were additional allegations of child molestation against Tommy Shelton by young men of the church school of Ezra Church of God. Tommy became ill and left the pastorate of Ezra COG.

Tommy Shelton was given carpentry work. At some point Tommy was made the production manager at 3ABN. In late 1991 Melody Shelton Mundall and Derrell Mundall gave several pages of written statements to Illinois Conference President BJ Christiansen.

The statement resulted in a board meeting and the board decided that Tommy Shelton could not work at 3ABN. Tommy was severed from the payroll and was given contract work promoting 3ABN with cable companies until he took a media consulting position and assistant pastor for media ministries with Dunn Loring Church of God, Dunn Loring, Va.

Thus, according to Gailon, the decision of the board to terminate Tommy was apparently circumvented by hiring Tommy on a contract basis.

What sort of financial arrangements have been made for his retirement? Is he still getting money from 3ABN through some sort of retirement package?

I think this is an important question that needs to be answered.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 2 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #8

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Mr. Unnamed Person, for whom this thread was dedicated,

Hate to say this, but I just got off the phone from a long, long call with yet another alleged victim. And this one hasn't come forward until now. He's from Illinois. How old is he? Well, we'll just have to wait until he can put his thoughts down on paper before the details come out.

Now Mr. Unnamed, how in the world are we going to be able to vindicate Tommy Shelton if new alleged victims keep popping up like this? How?

It's a tall order. How can we possibly blame it all on Dryden's jealousy? Who's going to believe that?

What we've had thus far are six alleged victims in Illinois, and three or four alleged instances of sexual misconduct in Virginia, one being a minor at the time. Now we have a seventh alleged victim in Illinois.

When will this horrid nightmare ever end?

By the way, I've noticed that you haven't responded yet. Hope you don't take too long.

+Quote Post
daylily
post Jan 3 2007, 06:33 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

Mr Pickle,
Mr Joy said:
"In late 1991 Melody Shelton Mundall and Derrell Mundall gave several pages of written statements to Illinois Conference President BJ Christiansen."

Was this written testimony on Tommy's behalf or was it allegations against him? I've seen Melody and Tommy on several musical specials together since 1991 and they seem friendly toward each other. If she submitted statements against him, wouldn't there be some tension between them? Just curious.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 3 2007, 07:04 AM
Post #10

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(daylily @ Jan 3 2007, 06:33 AM) [snapback]167258[/snapback]

Was this written testimony on Tommy's behalf or was it allegations against him?

My understanding is that they were allegations against him.

Why would her feelings shift so drastically? I don't know. Maybe Gailon has some ideas on that one.

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 3 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(daylily @ Jan 3 2007, 07:33 AM) [snapback]167258[/snapback]

Mr Pickle,
Mr Joy said:
"In late 1991 Melody Shelton Mundall and Derrell Mundall gave several pages of written statements to Illinois Conference President BJ Christiansen."

Was this written testimony on Tommy's behalf or was it allegations against him? I've seen Melody and Tommy on several musical specials together since 1991 and they seem friendly toward each other. If she submitted statements against him, wouldn't there be some tension between them? Just curious.

It was allegations against him. Melody attended the school where Tommy was the principal. At the time he received it, BJ Christiansen had Melody initial each page of the written statements to attest to the fact that it all came from her. Tommy's behavior is well known within the Shelton family.

+Quote Post
Lee
post Jan 3 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Bob, you said out of the seven people supposedly molested by TS, one is under age over on Maritime. Did I understand you correctly?

If so, then six of the seven would be considered "consenting" adults. And perhaps even the one under age was consenting, who knows if any of this is true. I have my doubts not because you posted it or because Mr. Joy investigated this, but because none of the 7 prosecuted TS or took him to court. I would certainly suggest to them that they do so as soon as possible.

+Quote Post
Denny
post Jan 3 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #13

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 3 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]167315[/snapback]

Bob, you said out of the seven people supposedly molested by TS, one is under age over on Maritime. Did I understand you correctly?

If so, then six of the seven would be considered "consenting" adults. And perhaps even the one under age was consenting, who knows if any of this is true. I have my doubts not because you posted it or because Mr. Joy investigated this, but because none of the 7 prosecuted TS or took him to court. I would certainly suggest to them that they do so as soon as possible.

Its probably their word against his unless one has genetic evidence on ones person at the time one can prove nothing. Even then one feels so dirty, the first thing one does is wash the perpertrator off not thinking one has the evidence on thier person.

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
daylily
post Jan 3 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

If it was allegations against Tommy, that's scary. How Derrell must fear for his children. I would hope that Melody is keeping them safe, if thats even possible. Maybe she has warned the older ones. But I just don't understand how she could submit that testimony and not be ostracized by the rest of the Sheltons. And there's Brandy's children. I just feel like crying.

It just occurred to me...what action did the conference take on Melody's and Derrel's statement? How could a person read such a statement and take no action?

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Jan 3 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

If the family knows about it why is his wife still with him? Or is this a second wife? What about his daughter's at least one of them has children? Do they think he has changed?

+Quote Post

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:23 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church