Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11960&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tommy "retires"
inga
post Jan 2 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 2 2007, 08:29 AM) [snapback]167090[/snapback]

This appears to be the place where Tommy is going:
You may watch Dick Nunez, BHHEC's Wellness Director, on 3ABN each day. He leads out on the Body & Spirit and Body & Spirit Aerobics programs. These exercise programs illustrate exercises ordinary people can do without the need for fancy equipment. 3ABN is a station that may be received with the appropriate satellite dish, and which also may be viewed live on the internet for free at 3ABN.ORG. Check the 3ABN Broadcast Schedule to see when you may view Body & Spirit online (high-speed internet connection needed).

http://www.bhhec.org/

Dick's Body and Spirit programs (mainly exercise, with educational comments and explanations) are really excellent.

I always assumed 3ABN broadcasts his program for free, since I doubt that he could afford paying for the air time. That would explain the detailed recommendation of 3ABN and how to receive it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Jan 2 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(Chez @ Jan 2 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]167116[/snapback]

Has Tommy gotten help for his pedophilic activities and tendencies? Do they have psychologists or psychiatrists assigned to this wellness center?

I hope not, this man need real help, he doesn't need to be confused.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 2 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

If Christian psychologists or psychiatrists are not appropriate treatment for an alleged pedophile what would you suggest?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jan 2 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 2 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]167180[/snapback]

If Christian psychologists or psychiatrists are not appropriate treatment for an alleged pedophile what would you suggest?

In Ed's view, "Christian psychologist," and "Christian psychiatrist" are oxymorons.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 2 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 2 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]167191[/snapback]

In Ed's view, "Christian psychologist," and "Christian psychiatrist" are oxymorons.

So the gift of healing spoken of in 1Corinthians12:9 only refers to physical and spiritual, not mental? Hmmmm.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 2 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 2 2007, 06:38 PM) [snapback]167194[/snapback]

So the gift of healing spoken of in 1Corinthians12:9 only refers to physical and spiritual, not mental? Hmmmm.

Oh, this is just typical Ed. He's against almost anything. Don't pay him no "nevermind". OTOH, I don't know that I would classify Tommy's problem as "mental" either.... sin is sin and the remedy for sin is confession, repentance, and reparation. None of which I have seen any evidence of in anything that has been said so far about Tommy's elaborate "retirement" party. Just more coverup and make believe that everything is AOK in Dannyland.... as contrasted with some honest confession and the putting away of sin in the camp.

------

Not exactly on the subject.... though it struck me as having some relationship.... the sermon, "Of Dancing Elephants & Painted Tombs", preached last Sabbath, December 30, 2006, by Calvin Thompson in the Loma Linda University church. You can listen on-line or download the MP3 file from their Media Library.

I highly recommend it.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 2 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #37

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

I'm sorry. Sin is sin - however some "sins" are not just done by the person - per se. I think some "sins" are influenced by ....well.....

See my signature line.

Some "sins" are influenced by some problem in the main/upper quadrant of the body....

That is all...

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 2 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 2 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]167204[/snapback]

Oh, this is just typical Ed. He's against almost anything. Don't pay him no "nevermind". OTOH, I don't know that I would classify Tommy's problem as "mental" either.... sin is sin and the remedy for sin is confession, repentance, and reparation. None of which I have seen any evidence of in anything that has been said so far about Tommy's elaborate "retirement" party. Just more coverup and make believe that everything is AOK in Dannyland.... as contrasted with some honest confession and the putting away of sin in the camp.
------

Not exactly on the subject.... though it struck me as having some relationship.... the sermon, "Of Dancing Elephants & Painted Tombs", preached last Sabbath, December 30, 2006, by Calvin Thompson in the Loma Linda University church. You can listen on-line or download the MP3 file from their Media Library.

I highly recommend it.

WB, excellent points!

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 2 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #39

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 2 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]167180[/snapback]

QUOTE(Observer @ Jan 2 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]167191[/snapback]

BTW:
They are not interchangable Ed and to think so is off.....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
daylily
post Jan 3 2007, 06:40 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

I heard that sermon too. It was excellent.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 3 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

success rate for "curing" pedophiles is poor... very poor.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 3 2007, 08:15 AM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 3 2007, 07:10 AM) [snapback]167266[/snapback]

success rate for "curing" pedophiles is poor... very poor.....

Very poor, indeed...

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 3 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 3 2007, 08:15 AM) [snapback]167267[/snapback]

Very poor, indeed...

And since Tommy, to all appearances, gets absolutely no support from his family, zippo, zero, what motivation would he have to change?

If they reward his evil behavior with high positions, fabulous farewells, and the like, with no support at all coming from those that are closest to him, why would he think he needs to change?

+Quote Post
Ed White
post Jan 3 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group:
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 3 2007, 08:15 AM) [snapback]167267[/snapback]

Very poor, indeed...

I would take it a step futher, nearly impossible with mans solutions, they only flame the suffers problems, but with heaven's solutions all things are possible. There is nothing wrong to identify a problem to a friend/pastor/counselor, but never go into detail as it will only weaken the one listening to this filth and it brings no strength to the sufferer, you tell it to the One that understands & you cannot werrie. If the Lords hand is shortened that it cannot save to the uttermost we might just as well throw in the towel. When I was teaching in the junior SS class a hundred years ago we had a motto in big letters on the wall with words life this. Sin comes in many/many different containers, but the lie is the handle to them all.

This post has been edited by Ed White: Jan 3 2007, 08:44 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 3 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Ed White @ Jan 3 2007, 08:43 AM) [snapback]167273[/snapback]

I would take it a step futher, nearly impossible with mans solutions, they only flame the suffers problems, but with heaven's solutions all things are possible. There is nothing wrong to identify a problem to a friend/pastor/counselor, but never go into detail as it will only weaken the one listening to this filth and it brings no strength to the sufferer, you tell it to the One that understands & you cannot werrie. If the Lords hand is shortened that it cannot save to the uttermost we might just as well throw in the towel. When I was teaching in the junior SS class a hundred years ago we had a motto in big letters on the wall with words life this. Sin comes in many/many different containers, but the lie is the handle to them all.

perhaps.... I would respectfully beg to differ given the children who have been harmed by pedophiles who have opted not to use man's solutions, but to pray.... which works right up until they molest the next child.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church