Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11965&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:11 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What We Know As Truth So Far, Verifiable information on the 3abn situation
Snoopy
post Jan 21 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(eye witness @ Jan 21 2007, 08:06 AM) [snapback]171446[/snapback]

You got it Calvin. The rest of this is just gossip even Pickle said "all he has is a title to a car". Probably it would be helpful if you would add a rule to your site No Speculations. Of course it may not be so popular then.

Yeah, let's do that. And while we are at it, let's ban all speculation from the media as well. Let's just make it illegal to speculate about anything or anyone. That would surely cut down on all that CNN, Fox Headline News, etc. has to report on...and save us a lot of time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chimaz
post Jan 21 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 2,845

It would be nice if there were an FAQ to bring new people up to speed. When I read the title to this thread… “What We Know As Truth So Far, Verifiable information on the 3abn situation” I thought voila!

Despite some resistance, this is what we have so far…

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 4 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]167524[/snapback]

Summary Truth So Far:

Danny/Linda divorce
Linda fired
Danny remarries

Everything else is speculation, he said/she said, who shot John.

See that was easy.

From my perspective if this is all that stands as the truth so far, and everything else including the allegations of child abuse is speculation, then I’m seriously perplexed by all the other stuff.

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 20 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]171415[/snapback]

Chimaz, I believe that is Calvin's personal summary of what has been verified so far.

It would be very helpful if we could establish summary of truth that isn’t based on he said/she said. If “everything else” as in the “aggregate sum total of all” isn’t speculation, then could you be so kind to add to Calvin’s three points?

1 – Danny /Linda divorce
2 – Linda fired
3 – Danny remarries
4 – ?
5 – ?
6 – ?
7 – ?

It would be ideal if this could be accomplished in a clear concise manner without lengthy statements. Please be succinct. Short snappy statements like first three do not require interpretation.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 21 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 21 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]171461[/snapback]

It sounds as though you must be VERY idle.

Watch out for those bed sores!

rofl1.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 21 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 21 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]171474[/snapback]

It would be nice if there were an FAQ to bring new people up to speed. When I read the title to this thread… “What We Know As Truth So Far, Verifiable information on the 3abn situation” I thought voila!

I, once again, apologize for starting this topic because it has, indeed, diverted some folks from searching for truth themselves. It is very important to study the information for oneself, building the proper foundation of learning who is passing on "he-said/she-said" information and who is speaking from first-hand experience. There are many present and former employees of 3abn posting here who have seen things with their own eyes. Also, as watchbird said, there are many things posted here that are corroborated by two or three eye witnesses.

From my perspective if this is all that stands as the truth so far, and everything else including the allegations of child abuse is speculation, then I’m seriously perplexed by all the other stuff.
It would be very helpful if we could establish summary of truth that isn’t based on he said/she said. If “everything else” as in the “aggregate sum total of all” isn’t speculation, then could you be so kind to add to Calvin’s three points?

1 – Danny /Linda divorce
2 – Linda fired
3 – Danny remarries

I will flesh out your list with a few more succinct statements.

4 – ? Brad Dunning claims he was sexually assaulted by Tommy Shelton
5 – ? Roger Clem claims he was sexually assautled by Tommy Shelton
6 – ? Duane Clem descibes Tommy Sheltons multiple discomforting advances.
7 – ? Tommy Shelton "confesses" by email to Duane Clem.

It would be ideal if this could be accomplished in a clear concise manner without lengthy statements. Please be succinct. Short snappy statements like first three do not require interpretation.

If you have read the statements from Roger Clem, Brad Dunning, Scott Clem, Duane Clem and Pastor Glenn Dryden, it is hard for me to understand how you can call the allegations of child abuse speculation!

If you are unwilling to weigh the information here on this forum for yourself it is unlikely that you will be able to draw any intelligent conclusions as to what is truth and what is mere speculation. I know it is a daunting task but if you feel a burden to know the truth it is the best way to proceed.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jan 21 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 21 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]171488[/snapback]

I, once again, apologize for starting this topic because it has, indeed, diverted some folks from searching for truth themselves. It is very important to study the information for oneself, building the proper foundation of learning who is passing on "he-said/she-said" information and who is speaking from first-hand experience. There are many present and former employees of 3abn posting here who have seen things with their own eyes. Also, as watchbird said, there are many things posted here that are corroborated by two or three eye witnesses.
I will flesh out your list with a few more succinct statements.

If you have read the statements from Roger Clem, Brad Dunning, Scott Clem, Duane Clem and Pastor Glenn Dryden, it is hard for me to understand how you can call the allegations of child abuse speculation!

If you are unwilling to weigh the information here on this forum for yourself it is unlikely that you will be able to draw any intelligent conclusions as to what is truth and what is mere speculation. I know it is a daunting task but if you feel a burden to know the truth it is the best way to proceed.

PB

don't forget the context.... The chairperson of the 3abn board said that the allegations against Tommy Shelton were 30 yrs old or older.... and Tommy was hired by 3abn, part of his duties was the kids programming....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 21 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jan 21 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]171493[/snapback]

don't forget the context.... The chairperson of the 3abn board said that the allegations against Tommy Shelton were 30 yrs old or older.... and Tommy was hired by 3abn, part of his duties was the kids programming....

Well, they will be 30 years old in another 10 years or so.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Chimaz
post Jan 21 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 2,845

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 21 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]171488[/snapback]

PB,

I did not call the allegations of child abuse speculation. I merely questioned them because The Boss didn't qualify those allegations as truth. Apart from the first three points, he said, "Everything else is speculation." Is The Boss not familiar with the statements from Brad Dunning and the Clem clan? If he knows these things, why does he dismiss the allegations and not qualify them as truth? Could it be they are inconclusive or lack credibility?

There's an overwhelming amount of information for new comers to sort through here, so there' got to be a better way to approach this subject than having to sort and sift through it all in order to come to an intelligent conclusion "as to what is truth and what is mere speculation." That's why a condensed version would be very helpful. I hope it isn't too much to ask for.

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Jan 21 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 22 2007, 06:01 AM) [snapback]171521[/snapback]

There's an overwhelming amount of information for new comers to sort through here, so there' got to be a better way to approach this subject than having to sort and sift through it all in order to come to an intelligent conclusion "as to what is truth and what is mere speculation." That's why a condensed version would be very helpful. I hope it isn't too much to ask for.

Chimaz I agree a condensed version of events here would be helpful but a few points occur to me

There is probably no one that has the time to produce such a version

Such a version could bring criticism from 'the other side' that it was biassed, not painting the whole picture of what has been presented here.

In a sense, new readers are owed nothing here - they are as welcome as the 'oldies' to read whatever is written but how much they want to read or wade through is entirely their business.

Just my 0.02c (and I am quite happy to contribute the money to anyone wanting to start on the concentrated form smile.gif )

+Quote Post
gardener
post Jan 21 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 2,178

What do you think about putting the letters from the abused in the pinned area?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 21 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 21 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]171521[/snapback]

PB,

I did not call the allegations of child abuse speculation. I merely questioned them because The Boss didn't qualify those allegations as truth. Apart from the first three points, he said, "Everything else is speculation." Is The Boss not familiar with the statements from Brad Dunning and the Clem clan? If he knows these things, why does he dismiss the allegations and not qualify them as truth? Could it be they are inconclusive or lack credibility?

Chimaz,

The Boss has told us he is staying neutral in this 3abn situation. He has allowed a small portion of BlackSDA.com to be used as the 3abn forum where information and opinions can be posted and discussed. I guess you would have to ask Calvin directly any questions about the statements from Brad Dunning and the Clem clan but he pretty much leaves it up to the individual member to arrive at their own conclusions.

I know there's an overwhelming amount of information here. When I first arrived in August of 2006 I tried to get others to give me the condensed version but was told the same thing that all newbies are - start with the pinned items on the top and then start going through the topics.

Keeping up with the most informative current topics while doing the background reading is also a good idea. As you go along, you will have the opportunity to ask the posters who appear to be in the know if their information comes from first-hand experience or from other sources - members such as sister, uncle sam, Panama_Pete, husbandoftheyear, beartrap and Johann are just some who have this first-hand, eyewitness information. Others, like Bob Pickle, Observer and Gailon Joy, are the investigators and post some of the fruits of their work. You will be able to tell, with some reading, those members who are close to the situation and those who, while not necessarily eyewitness, are discerning readers who provide helpful insight into it all.

If you are honestly searching for the truth, nobody will mind you asking questions about how they came to know the information or even advice on where to find things.

PB

QUOTE(gardener @ Jan 21 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]171525[/snapback]

What do you think about putting the letters from the abused in the pinned area?

Having them all in one central area would be helpful but that would be up to Calvin and his administrators.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 21 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Chimaz and other newbies,

Watchbird posted some valuable advice on page 2 of this topic on how best to proceed with your search of this 3abn forum. See post #21.

PB

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...11965&st=15

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 21 2007, 04:02 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 21 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 21 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]171530[/snapback]

Chimaz and other newbies,

Watchbird posted some valuable advice on page 2 of this topic on how best to proceed with your search of this 3abn forum. See post #21.

PB

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...11965&st=15

The direct url to that is http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=171384

As to pinning more items to the top.. essentially that robs us of space for new posts on the page, so it isn't really a good idea to have so many... which is why all of the sections plus the guided tour to the Unauthorized History threads are to be found under one item at the top. But if you will take that one, and follow all the links in the guided tour you will have a fairly good overview of the topics as they were presented.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 21 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #43

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

I have simple advice for "newbies" that are truly trying to find out the "whole truth".....

1. Don't ask any questions for the first week. Write down what you want to ask.

2. Read all "pinned" threads in the 3ABN area.

3. If after reading all the "pinned" threads in the 3ABN area you are still questioning; then refer back to your question, the thread it was in, and link them together - quoting the original comment and adding your question. Do this only in the "correct" thread/link.

4. Use the "PM" function to ask questions of particular members. They will answer if the questions are "sensible" and are not an attempt to "attack" or "just disprove" without listening to all sides.

HTH! spoton.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
howdy
post Jan 22 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,932

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 21 2007, 07:48 PM) [snapback]171561[/snapback]

I have simple advice for "newbies" that are truly trying to find out the "whole truth".....

1. Don't ask any questions for the first week. Write down what you want to ask.

2. Read all "pinned" threads in the 3ABN area.

3. If after reading all the "pinned" threads in the 3ABN area you are still questioning; then refer back to your question, the thread it was in, and link them together - quoting the original comment and adding your question. Do this only in the "correct" thread/link.

4. Use the "PM" function to ask questions of particular members. They will answer if the questions are "sensible" and are not an attempt to "attack" or "just disprove" without listening to all sides.

HTH! spoton.gif

By the way someone stated categorically that G. Joy has made his "findings" public. Is this true and if so where can I read the results of G. Joy's "investigation"?

howdy

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 22 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #45

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(howdy @ Jan 22 2007, 05:49 PM) [snapback]171760[/snapback]

By the way someone stated categorically that G. Joy has made his "findings" public. Is this true and if so where can I read the results of G. Joy's "investigation"?

howdy

Part of what Gailon has gathered can be found at www.save3abn.com.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church