Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12025&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:38:57 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another newbie critical of BSDA, Handling of the 3ABN threads
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Jan 7 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]168161[/snapback]

...but like the moth to a flame, you won't stay away. Welcome to BSDA welcome(1).gif

so glad you made that comparison. As a flame is a danger to a moth so is the words on this site a danger to Adventists and christians in general
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 7 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #17

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Just because folks IGNORE the question that doesn't mean it will go away. On the contrary - it will come up again...and began to come closer, and closer to the homes of those that IGNORE the question!
QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]168169[/snapback]

"How many of you proponents/opponents would allow Tommy Shelton to babysit your children/grandchildren/nieces & nephews?"

snack.gif

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]168172[/snapback]

so glad you made that comparison. As a flame is a danger to a moth so is the words on this site a danger to Adventists and christians in general

"Would you allow Tommy Shelton to babysit your children/grandchildren/nieces & nephews?"

What about the danger to children (and now adults that were never allowed to process this crime against them)?

furious.gif
Imma keep asking it until someone realizes that this is beyond some "spiritual adultery" or some "mis-appropriated funds"....SOMEONE'S CHILD WAS RAPED. SOMEONE'S CHILDREN WERE VIOLATED!
furious.gif

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Jan 7 2007, 03:58 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 7 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 04:48 PM) [snapback]168172[/snapback]

The actions that have been taken by Dan and his family are dangerous...

There are too many people willing to stick their heads in the sand and hope that things aren't really how they seem. And I'm sorry for you that they are just what they seem.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Jan 7 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 7 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]168176[/snapback]

What about the danger to children (and now adults that were never allowed to process this crime against them)?

furious.gif
Imma keep asking it until someone realizes that this is beyond some "spiritual adultery" or some "mis-appropriated funds"....SOMEONE'S CHILD WAS RAPED. SOMEONE'S CHILDREN WERE VIOLATED!
furious.gif

Re, with all their righteous indignation, your question is never factored into the equation, and I fear that you will not get an answer...

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 7 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #20

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Jan 7 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]168180[/snapback]

Re, with all their righteous indignation, your question is never factored into the equation, and I fear that you will not get an answer...

....until it's their children/grandchildren/nieces & nephews that come to them and admit that they were "touched".....

furious.gif

Going to go calm down.....

sadwalk.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 7 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]168171[/snapback]

Bystander,

Come up with another way to get resolution to all the problems, and I'm all ears.

Speak honestly. When you say, "we literally know nothing about except what 'we have heard,' " it may be true of you, but it isn't true of everyone.
That is exactly and precisely why I have spoken up.

Again, who are you and gives you the right to come up with "resolutions to anybody's problems." When I said that time spent on your knees for anyone or any ministry having problems would be so much better spent than this junk....how can you or anyone disagree with that? How can you disagree with the biblical principles applied to what you all are doing here? You can't. All you can do is go back to he said, she said and they said. I really don't mean this in a hateful or smart way, but you and several others that have decided to "investigate" into this subject are really nobodies just like the rest of us, who have placed yourselves in "charge" of something you have deemed "an investigation" and in doing so are having your 10 minutes of fame by giving yourselves credibility to people who don't know any better or have never ask who or what you are and what is your "official role" in this matter. Not only would I guess that you have never been to this ministry or talked or even "met" these people but I would also say that's just as well because you wouldn't have a right to talk to them about anything. Because why? Because none of this is anybody's business except those that are directly involved. all you and others have succeeded in doing is making whatever problems thay might have, infinitely worse. YOU ARE NOT IN CHARGE, GAILON IS NOT IN CHARGE, NO ONE IS IN CHARGE BUT GOD. What a waste of your and other people's time.

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 7 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]168177[/snapback]

The actions that have been taken by Dan and his family are dangerous...

There are too many people willing to stick their heads in the sand and hope that things aren't really how they seem. And I'm sorry for you that they are just what they seem.

And how would you know that things are just what they seem? Only by what you have read on here and saw discussed. See my point? Do you know these people have you spent anytime around them have you been to their ministry? No, you have come to these judgments and conclusions because of what you have heard. How can anyone not see that?

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Jan 7 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]168180[/snapback]

I will factor that question into the equation. Who said someone's child was Raped? This Pickle person or Gailon somebody? You have made up your minds with absolutely no evidence of any kind. The very fact that you could make the statement that "somebody's child was raped" and make it as fact says it all about the influence that a few unimportant people have had on this site.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 7 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #22

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Bystander!.....you are still here! I really thought your first post would be your last! Welcome!
Feel free, cruise the sight, play in the arcade, join us in Live Chat, visit the music forum, Sista' Talk, Cafe, Health Forum, and the many other forums. 3ABN is only one.

Just one more thought. Danny asks for the public to "donate" funds to 3ABN, that makes him answerable to the public in that he needs to be true to all he claims to be. If he doesn't, questions are going to be asked. Plus, I know you have had time to read everything, the information is quite considerable. BSDA did not make these issues(in particular the divorce) public, Danny and 3ABN did. So I hope you are sending them a flaming email also.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]168182[/snapback]

Again, who are you and gives you the right to come up with "resolutions to anybody's problems." When I said that time spent on your knees for anyone or any ministry having problems would be so much better spent than this junk....how can you or anyone disagree with that? How can you disagree with the biblical principles applied to what you all are doing here? You can't. All you can do is go back to he said, she said and they said. I really don't mean this in a hateful or smart way, but you and several others that have decided to "investigate" into this subject are really nobodies just like the rest of us, who have placed yourselves in "charge" of something you have deemed "an investigation" and in doing so are having your 10 minutes of fame by giving yourselves credibility to people who don't know any better or have never ask who or what you are and what is your "official role" in this matter. Not only would I guess that you have never been to this ministry or talked or even "met" these people but I would also say that's just as well because you wouldn't have a right to talk to them about anything. Because why? Because none of this is anybody's business except those that are directly involved. all you and others have succeeded in doing is making whatever problems thay might have, infinitely worse. YOU ARE NOT IN CHARGE, GAILON IS NOT IN CHARGE, NO ONE IS IN CHARGE BUT GOD. What a waste of your and other people's time.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 7 2007, 04:17 PM) [snapback]168184[/snapback]

Bystander!.....you are still here! I really thought your first post would be your last! Welcome!
Feel free, cruise the sight, play in the arcade, join us in Live Chat, visit the music forum, Sista' Talk, Cafe, Health Forum, and the many other forums. 3ABN is only one.

Just one more thought. Danny asks for the public to "donate" funds to 3ABN, that makes him answerable to the public in that he needs to be true to all he claims to be. If he doesn't, questions are going to be asked. Plus, I know you have had time to read everything, the information is quite considerable. BSDA did not make these issues(in particular the divorce) public, Danny and 3ABN did. So I hope you are sending them a flaming email also.

I see the point on accountability to the public because of funds being donated and until Mr Shelton comes to your church or your community and or puts a statement on air, you have no physical evidence or otherwise of any wrong doing. What if the ex wife has been lying all of this time, determined to bring her ex and the ministry down out of revenge that she was found out? I have read as much on other sites but Do you see in any of my posts that I am taking that as gospel and have I taken it upon myself to crucify her and her friends and family. Of course not, because there are rumors, gossip and heresay that come from all sides. We do not have the right to judge any of these people with only what is being vollied back and forth around all sides.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 7 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Bystander,

How do you know I haven't prayed about this?

Do you think the Seventh-day Adventist Church is a papacy or something, where the members have no voice whatsoever? Not at all. We are a representative democracy, similar to the U.S. government.

Or do you feel that in national affairs we should all keep our mouths shut, whether we think the taxes are too high or too low, whether we feel we're doing too much or too little in Iraq?

QUOTE(Ellen G. White)
"Some make it a point to question, and doubt, and find fault, because others do the work that God has not laid upon themselves. These stand directly in the way to hinder those upon whom God has laid the burden of reproof, and of correcting the sins that are prevailing, that his frown may be turned away from his people. Should a case like Achan's be among us, there are many who would accuse those who might act the part of Joshua in searching out the wrong, of having a fault-finding, wicked spirit. God is not to be trifled with, and his warnings disregarded with impunity by a perverse people" (RH 6/8/1886).

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 7 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]168190[/snapback]

Bystander,

How do you know I haven't prayed about this?

Do you think the Seventh-day Adventist Church is a papacy or something, where the members have no voice whatsoever? Not at all. We are a representative democracy, similar to the U.S. government.

Or do you feel that in national affairs we should all keep our mouths shut, whether we think the taxes are too high or too low, whether we feel we're doing too much or too little in Iraq?

You couldn't have spent too much time in prayer your on here too much. And, evidently when you are not you are very busy making phone calls, reading emails, you know, investigative stuff....You have never answered me as to who you are and what are your qualifications to have stepped up out of the masses and put yourself in charge.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 7 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]168182[/snapback]

Again, who are you and gives you the right to come up with "resolutions to anybody's problems."

Just one question.... Who are YOU and who gives YOU the right to come here and criticize people that you don't know?!? uhm.gif

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Have you truly ask yourself deep down inside the question. What if, just what if, I am wrong and coming to the wrong conclusions. If I am, how many lives, reputations, and families have I destroyed. If I am wrong and have a hand in bringing down that ministry, how many souls will be lost that would have been saved through the 3ABN network. If, I am wrong, How would I ever reach the thousands of people that have read what I have put out there, to make it right. If I have been wrong in my opinions, insinuations, and conclusions that I have come to, what will I face in my accountability before the God of the Universe. If, I have been wrong, how will I face myself in the mirror everday knowing the havoc That I and others have wreaked on People that have not done any wrong?
I have ask about your credentials. credentials? Who would want credentials to put themselves in the position that you have.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 7 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Bystander, I know this is not the name you were given at birth. Please don't ask of others that which are unwilling to give yourself. No one owes you an answer to any question, especailly since you are asking after being a member 30 mins.

Also, I am going to ask to refrain from personal attacks opn other members. That is an official request, BTW.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]168194[/snapback]

You couldn't have spent too much time in prayer your on here too much. And, evidently when you are not you are very busy making phone calls, reading emails, you know, investigative stuff....You have never answered me as to who you are and what are your qualifications to have stepped up out of the masses and put yourself in charge.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 7 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]168197[/snapback]

Just one question.... Who are YOU and who gives YOU the right to come here and criticize people that you don't know?!? uhm.gif

Who am I? Someone who is trying to give you people a taste of your own medicine because criticizing people you don't know is exactly what you doing in spades.

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 7 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,782

I will factor that question into the equation. Who said someone's child was Raped? This Pickle person or Gailon somebody? You have made up your minds with absolutely no evidence of any kind. The very fact that you could make the statement that "somebody's child was raped" and make it as fact says it all about the influence that a few unimportant people have had on this site.
[/quote]

Bystander,

Either you have not read very much has you claim or you are discounting the two direct letters from "victims" of Tommy S. Combine that with the copy of the letter from the Leadership of the church that Tommy was a pastor in makes the case quite clear that something wrong was going on, and either 3abn and Danny have been covering for Tommy or they are sticking their heads in the sand about his past.

I started reading and watch this site over a year ago, this is the first item i have ever felt the need to post a reply because it is very clear to me that you have not in fact read every thing there is to read on this subject at this forum.

Secondly, lets look at the actions of Danny and Linda since "alleged Affair" which got all this out in the open. GO find are read Linda's website It speaks volumes for were she is at on this topic, and then go read the stuff and charges made by Danny you will see a crystal clear difference between the two sides. One that to me has spoken volumes about who is in the wrong and who is not.

Thirdly, I would add that when i first started looking at this information i was sure that Danny S. was being attacked by Satan because all the Good he was doing, but sadly i am now quite sure it is more of a case of be sure your sins will find you out.

Erik

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church