Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12025&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:39:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another newbie critical of BSDA, Handling of the 3ABN threads
September
post Jan 7 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,857

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]168209[/snapback]

Erik, Why do you think that Linda Shelton's website is a true reflection of her sincerity? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. is it possible that she has fabricated and spread all of this because she was caught and dismissed and therefore wants to take down Danny Shelton and 3ABN.

Oh Puhleeeeze! If Linda wanted to take Danny down she probably could have a long time ago--like when all this first started! Instead, she keeps quiet and is waiting on God to vindicate her, while Danny sits on his TV chair and blasts her reputation to shreds. The Good Book says we can know people by their fruits...well, the "fruits" of Danny and Linda are miles apart.

No one is perfect in a marriage and I'm sure Linda would be the first to admit her faults. But it's a whole other thing to have your faults blasted every where. I realize that people think that this forum is doing that to the Shelton family. But you know what, if Danny had behaved in an honorable fashion as befitting a Christian man he would not be where he's at now--trying to dodge bullets so to speak. If he were honest and forthright his situation could be much different. I'm afraid that these investigations, discussions, etc., are simply a consequence of his behavior. He can either face up to these like a man, or be a coward and buy his time as much as he can.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 7 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]168209[/snapback]

Erik, Why do you think that Linda Shelton's website is a true reflection of her sincerity? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. is it possible that she has fabricated and spread all of this because she was caught and dismissed and therefore wants to take down Danny Shelton and 3ABN. Maybe so maybe not. As far as the allegations to the older brother, do you know for a fact that these letters were indeed written by "victims" and not forged? An if authentic do you know the far reaching pasts of these people? Could they have had an ax to grind for years against Tommy Shelton and or 3ABN and are using this as the greatest oppurtunity in the world to grind that ax? maybe so, maybe not. My point here is this, there are way too many unanswered questions and way too many involved details that we cannot possible come to a point of passing judgment on any of these people. That is why that only God is the judge and we have no right to be. Only he has the answers to all the unanswered questions and only he knows the motives of the heart for the people involved and the ones that are doing the crucifying here. I am so glad that the responsibility is His and His alone.

Bystander,

By the same token you a better judge 3abn, How do we know what they have been saying is true?

Because they said it, and god has blessed them?

Well last time i checked Linda was part of that blessing until something happened you are correct to say at this time it is very hard to say 100% what happened, but on the other hand it is easy to see what has not happened and that is very clear indeed.

Plus the bible says to inspect the fruits, for that most part that is all that is happening and the truth be told the fruit has winey taste to so that brings up the question why does not not taste right.

Lets go back to the very start of this whole mess, Danny in very public and i would say reckless way choose to get rid of his wife maybe he grounds maybe he did not, but the manner that he choose to get rid of her is the first fruit that sits poorly in most peoples months.

erik

This post has been edited by erik: Jan 7 2007, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 7 2007, 05:02 PM) [snapback]168207[/snapback]

Bystander,

I got the victim's letters directly from them. Linda never told me about them. Linda didn't even tell me about Glenn Dryden. Other than around 1989, I've never talked to Linda until just a few weeks ago, and I talked to Dryden in August.

Why would you blame it all on Linda? That is Danny's strategy, as he has made very clear to me. It seems strange that you would indulge in such speculations without a shred of evidence. Do you "work" for him?

I am glad that I got the opportunity up close and personal to see how you have your own special way with words. Where did you get that I said you got them from Linda? Never even come close. This is the second or third time you have twisted words or even put them in my mouth. Doesn't take a genious to see how you have caused the troubles that you have caused.

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 7 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]168219[/snapback]

Once again twist my words. I said alleged victims of the older brother. I never mentioned attorneys letters and I feel no need to try to vindicate Danny Shelton or to crucify him. But, I do know this, if someone had printed things that were not true about me and circulated them world wide, I would have my attorney threaten to sue. I don't know anybody that wouldn't. So, if somehow you think that little tidbit has some credibility, you are sadly mistaken. In fact as I think it over while I am writing this, it may make me think that maybe 3ABN is innocent of wrongdoing. If guilty, nobody in their right mind would want to get involved in a lawsuit for fear the truth would come out. The fact that they were willing, makes me give them more credibility.

bystander,

the boldded part of your post, speaks volumes about your understanding of the American legal system, people and groups sue a the time when they know they are wrong, to quote one class i when in the past is suing is powerful business tool.

the fact that a powerful well funded group like 3abn threaten to sue a private person only makes me think that they had something to hid[u].

Erik

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #50

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 8 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]168209[/snapback]

Erik, Why do you think that Linda Shelton's website is a true reflection of her sincerity? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. is it possible that she has fabricated and spread all of this because she was caught and dismissed and therefore wants to take down Danny Shelton and 3ABN. Maybe so maybe not. As far as the allegations to the older brother, do you know for a fact that these letters were indeed written by "victims" and not forged? An if authentic do you know the far reaching pasts of these people? Could they have had an ax to grind for years against Tommy Shelton and or 3ABN and are using this as the greatest oppurtunity in the world to grind that ax? maybe so, maybe not. My point here is this, there are way too many unanswered questions and way too many involved details that we cannot possible come to a point of passing judgment on any of these people. That is why that only God is the judge and we have no right to be. Only he has the answers to all the unanswered questions and only he knows the motives of the heart for the people involved and the ones that are doing the crucifying here. I am so glad that the responsibility is His and His alone.

bystander,

My name is Johann Thorvaldsson, 73 years of age. Most of my life I have been a pastor in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. I have the honor of having been associated with Danny and Linda Shelton, and my now deceased wife and I were so close to Linda that we have called her our daughter. We were at 3ABN when what led to the present problem arose, in fact it all hepened in the apartment we occupied, and later we were staying at the place of this Norwegian Doctor in Norway, at the time when Danny Shelton was publickly accusing him of being with Linda in Florida. . .

I have no reason to hide my identity and speak openly of what I know, since Danny Shelton and 3ABN has made all the false accusations of Linda public, in 180.000 letters, on TV, everywhere. Since all of this wickedness is made public, what reason can you find to make the real truth hidden?

As for Bob Pickle, I know that he is eagerly careful not to make a public statement before he has a first hand verification.

Now you enter this arena, mr. bystander, and since you seem people to want people to listen to you, I charge you by the living Lord, get out of your sham and give us at least an indication how you know so much about this issue, OK?

I have no reason to hide my identity, but you might have a good reason to? But at least give us a better impression of you credibility, like you demand of others.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 7 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #51

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

Calvin, PDi, Clay:

Though I have only skimmed over it, I noticed that Bystander has duplicated his original post #14 on page 1, again on page 2, post #21. This may or may not have been a mistake, but in any event, I am sure it can be corrected. yes.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Jan 7 2007, 05:56 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 7 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]168216[/snapback]

Hello Bystander, unlike you I have been a participent at 3ABN, so has "Husband of the Year" and Johann. THere are others involved in these discussions that have also been at 3ABN. We speak from experience, not based upon what we have heard and read here and seen discussed. So that flag doesn't fly here. We speak of what we know, you speak of what you know not. I am sure members here who have followed these discussions see that.

Much of what Pickle has revealed here I have already known, but I appreciate his desire to seek out the truth and share the evidence he has gathered which supports it.

Sister

sister, just because you worked there or whatever doesn't mean you were a witness to some of the ridiculous stuff written here. Someone had written somewhere that said they worked there that Danny shelton was a murderer, thief, a burglar ect....Because it was written doesn't mean I believe it. I would not believe that on him or Doug Batchlor or Mark Finley or any of our other media leaders. Anyone who would believe that is desperate for dirt. For eons of time companies have dealt with disgruntled employees who have been fired, or feel that I haven't gotten a fair shake and do what they can to tear down the place and anyone associated with it. In other words, ex employees don't hold any more validity than some of these people that have come out of the blue. Again, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO DID WHAT ONLY HOW SUPPOSED CHRISTIANS ARE HANDLING WHAT THEY REALLY KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT.

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 7 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]168232[/snapback]

Calvin, PDi, Clay:

Though I have only skimmed over it, I noticed that Bystander has duplicated his original post #14 on page 1, again on page 2, post #21. This may or may not have been a mistake, but in any event, I am sure it can be corrected. yes.gif

yes, it was an accident. I have never been on a participant on a forum before and was fumbling on how to post. Please by all means, correct it.
Thanks so much

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 7 2007, 05:52 PM) [snapback]168231[/snapback]

bystander,

My name is Johann Thorvaldsson, 73 years of age. Most of my life I have been a pastor in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. I have the honor of having been associated with Danny and Linda Shelton, and my now deceased wife and I were so close to Linda that we have called her our daughter. We were at 3ABN when what led to the present problem arose, in fact it all hepened in the apartment we occupied, and later we were staying at the place of this Norwegian Doctor in Norway, at the time when Danny Shelton was publickly accusing him of being with Linda in Florida. . .

I have no reason to hide my identity and speak openly of what I know, since Danny Shelton and 3ABN has made all the false accusations of Linda public, in 180.000 letters, on TV, everywhere. Since all of this wickedness is made public, what reason can you find to make the real truth hidden?

As for Bob Pickle, I know that he is eagerly careful not to make a public statement before he has a first hand verification.

Now you enter this arena, mr. bystander, and since you seem people to want people to listen to you, I charge you by the living Lord, get out of your sham and give us at least an indication how you know so much about this issue, OK?

I have no reason to hide my identity, but you might have a good reason to? But at least give us a better impression of you credibility, like you demand of others.

everything that I have posted today has come from all the postings that I have read on this site. All I did was address some of what was being said. I personally do not care if Mrs. Shelton is right or Mr. Shelton is right . I only care about the denomination as a whole which at least on this site, appears to be a bunch of vultures ready to tar, feather and convict either of the 2 parties involved when they have nothing but gossip to go on. This is detrimental to our denomination as a whole. That is where my whole concern lies. As for who you are that you considered Linda a "daughter"well, that pretty much subtracts you as an objective bystander which means that to many people, you will have no validity either. Don't feel alone though. Most that have been posting for months have none either

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 7 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Lee @ Jan 7 2007, 04:05 PM) [snapback]168153[/snapback]

Bystander! you are completely correct in what you have stated. Now be prepared to be attacked for saying it--or totally ignored.

Seems I remember something about a verse in the Bible saying something about "itching ears."

What is worse Bystander is that this is a PUBLIC forum--anyone can come on here and read all that is said on here. Sad isn't it.

I find it amazing that the people complaining the loudest about these threads continue to read them and post to them, thus perpetuating them. They continue asking questions that have been asked and answered long before, bringing them back to the surface and initiating even more discussion on those things.

You spew your holier-than-thou driven invective against the fact that these discussions exist and against those that participate in them... when you are a participant yourself.

That is called hypocrisy, BTW. No one made Danny broadcast his version of his divorce to the world. No one made him publicly state he was trying to save his marriage while he was filing for divorce in Guam.

As for "itching ears"... you and those like you are the ones who have come 2 years plus after this discussion began, desirous to read what has been here for months... that would make you the one with the itching ears...

The door by which you entered this forum allows you to exit just as readily. If you find these threads so reprehensible, don't read them. If you find the denizens of this forum so unpalatable, no one is holding a gun to your head to make you stay... and I doubt you'll be missed if you go. But you argument it laughable when you come with this foolishness about how reprehensible the discussion is one the one hand and yet you are hanging on every word on the other...

You want to show people how to be more 'righteous', then if you find the threads repugnant, stop reading them and stop posting in them.

You want to show people how to be more 'self-righteous' then keep doing what you've been doing.

Your move.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 7 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

In Post #21, Bystander nglected to "quote" his own post. the addition was the very last paragraph.
QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 7 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]168232[/snapback]

Calvin, PDi, Clay:

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE(erik @ Jan 7 2007, 05:36 PM) [snapback]168229[/snapback]

bystander,
the boldded part of your post, speaks volumes about your understanding of the American legal system, people and groups sue a the time when they know they are wrong, to quote one class i when in the past is suing is powerful business tool.

the fact that a powerful well funded group like 3abn threaten to sue a private person only makes me think that they had something to hid[u].
Erik

we can agree to disagree then, on that. I can see where both opinions could be valid

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 8 2007, 01:29 AM) [snapback]168219[/snapback]

- - - But, I do know this, if someone had printed things that were not true about me and circulated them world wide, I would have my attorney threaten to sue. I don't know anybody that wouldn't.

Thus far all of 3ABN's threats have been empty threats. Danny Shelton has also threatened to sue me. I told him I'd welcome it if he would. Because I know for certain that what he states is not true.

When you say that if you had something printed about you that is not true - and cirdulated around the world, then you'd sue.

This is exactly what 3ABN has been doing to Linda for the past almost 3 years. Have you read the GAG-order that 3ABN had Linda sign? It has just now expired, so now Linda is at the liberty to defend herself against all the lies and falshoods that 3ABN has issued against her.

Linda might soon be suing both an institution and a number of dishonest people who hide behind a claim of preaching the truth to many people.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 7 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 7 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]168236[/snapback]

I find it amazing that the people complaining the loudest about these threads continue to read them and post to them, thus perpetuating them. They continue asking questions that have been asked and answered long before, bringing them back to the surface and initiating even more discussion on those things.

You spew your holier-than-thou driven invective against the fact that these discussions exist and against those that participate in them... when you are a participant yourself.

That is called hypocrisy, BTW. No one made Danny broadcast his version of his divorce to the world. No one made him publicly state he was trying to save his marriage while he was filing for divorce in Guam.

As for "itching ears"... you and those like you are the ones who have come 2 years plus after this discussion began, desirous to read what has been here for months... that would make you the one with the itching ears...

The door by which you entered this forum allows you to exit just as readily. If you find these threads so reprehensible, don't read them. If you find the denizens of this forum so unpalatable, no one is holding a gun to your head to make you stay... and I doubt you'll be missed if you go. But you argument it laughable when you come with this foolishness about how reprehensible the discussion is one the one hand and yet you are hanging on every word on the other...

You want to show people how to be more 'righteous', then if you find the threads repugnant, stop reading them and stop posting in them.

You want to show people how to be more 'self-righteous' then keep doing what you've been doing.

Your move.

In His service,
Mr. J

mr. J if you read all of my posts today then you know I have stated I came today and will leave today after having my say. God cannot be happy with time spent on this gossip. Your post only confirms what I have been saying all afternoon. That you have swallowed hook line and sinker whatever it is you have been reading the past 2 years. I would bet that you have absolutely no personal knowledge of the situation whatsoever. And like many of the members on this forum, you have totally bypassed the question "is what is being done and said on this forum Christlike." No one has answered that yet. I became a "temporary member" to state my case that if this is what the adventist people have lowered themselves too, that my heart is breaking.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 7 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 7 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]168227[/snapback]

I am glad that I got the opportunity up close and personal to see how you have your own special way with words. Where did you get that I said you got them from Linda? Never even come close. This is the second or third time you have twisted words or even put them in my mouth. Doesn't take a genious to see how you have caused the troubles that you have caused.

I offer my sincere apologies for misreading what you wrote amidst your quote from Erik:

"Erik what makes you think Linda shelton's web site should be believable anymore than anything else. Maybe it is credible, maybe it isn't. Do you know for a fact that "victim's" wrote letters or that they could have been forged?"

I mistakenly thought you were connecting Linda with the forging of victims' letters.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jan 7 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #59

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jan 7 2007, 07:08 PM) [snapback]168237[/snapback]

In Post #21, Bystander nglected to "quote" his own post. the addition was the very last paragraph.

NP Di. It simply seemed more like a flood then something of substance.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 7 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Jan 8 2007, 02:20 AM) [snapback]168244[/snapback]

NP Di. It simply seemed more like a flood then something of substance.

What a storm! Where is the still small voice?

--------------------

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church