Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12146&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:45:08 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Part Do You Play?, Does God really expect 100% truth?
Johann
post Jan 21 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(ArchangelOne @ Jan 19 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]171177[/snapback]

Can't we all just forgive and forget and let live. The final judge is God, and I do not presume to be God!! Neither should any of you!

Last night we were told on a local TV station here about a sex molestor of many boys who got 5 years in prison for his evil deeds. After two and a half years he was released from prison. Why? He had been given treatments, he had asked for forgiveness. He had spent quite a bit of his time in prison renewing his Christian commitments. He openly confessed his love for Jesus, and that he would let God rule in his life in the future.

This man was barely out of prison when he started his old secret methoods of luring boys to him and he was back in his old evil ways. A TV crew followed him and caught him, or he would have managed to destroy many more boys age 9 to 13.

Where had this young man started his secret career of destroyng innocent boys? His church had given him a job as a child and youth counsellor and trainer. He gained the confidence of the boys and their parents at camps and sports events. . . .

Then after serving but 2˝ years in prison it was suggested that now it was time to forgive and forget the slips of this fine Chrisitan young man. What were the results?

This post has been edited by Johann: Jan 21 2007, 09:11 PM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 21 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 21 2007, 08:01 PM) [snapback]171575[/snapback]

Last night we were told on a local TV statioon here about a sex molestor of many boys who got 5 years in prison for his evil deeds. After two and a half years he was released from prison? Why? He had been given treatments, he had asked for forgiveness. He had spent quite a bit of his time in prison renewing his Christian commitments. He openly confessed his love for Jesus, and that he would led God rule in his life in the future.

This man was barely out of prison when he started his old secret methoods of luring boys to him and he was back in his old evil ways. A TV crew followed him and caught him, or he would have managed to destroy many more boys age 9 to 13.

Where had this young man started his secret career of destroyng innocent boys? His church had given him a job as a child and youth counsellor and trainer. He gained the confidence of the boys and their parents at camps and sports events. . . .

Then after serving but 2˝ years in prison it was suggested that now it was time to forgive and forget the slips of this fine Chrisitan young man. What were the results?

I'm thankful that the TV crew exposed his behavior before he robbed more children of their innocence.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 24 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 22 2007, 05:06 AM) [snapback]171578[/snapback]

I'm thankful that the TV crew exposed his behavior before he robbed more children of their innocence.

What can we do - against such huge obstacles - to prevent such things happening under the "roof" of ministries claiming to be a channel of truth?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Jan 25 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 20 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]171359[/snapback]

I have said it before on this board. I have no embarrassment about it. I have been molested as a child. I have went to the therapy sessions and delt with my shame, turmoil, and anger. I have finally forgiven and moved on.

I can't pass this one by. The point here is of utmost importance to anyone who has ever been in a situation of abuse. You do NOT "move on" until you have forgiven. Obviously, actions must still be taken to prevent the perpetrator from further injurious action towards oneself or others. But IF one finds himself or herself in the pit of hatred from being at the receiving end of such abuse, there is ONLY one way out of the pit--forgiveness. And that forgiveness, in many cases, is beyond our human capacity. We must ask the Lord to help us. For many, it is not only impossible to forgive, but the hatred erases any desire to do so. Yet that perpetrator is still conquering his or her victims until the day that victim is able to forgive. The "conquering" comes in the forms of shame, guilt, timidity, weakness, anger, resentment, hatred, self-deprecation, depression, low self-esteem, etc.

One must not see forgiveness as in any way lessening the sin or guilt of the perpetrator. It is, however, a necessary step toward the victim's own happiness. FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, forgive. And God asks us to do so because He knows how to make us happy. If you cannot do so, ask God to help. He will.

So, Princess, I know a little of the difficulty in forgiving someone given such circumstances. Good for you for having done so! (Each person Tommy has injured should also forgive...not for him, but for themselves.)

This post has been edited by Green Cochoa: Jan 25 2007, 07:51 AM

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church