Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1237&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:27 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News - Continuation, Letter from Danny Shelton to BSDA
Johann
post Mar 29 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #151

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Mar 30 2007, 03:22 AM) [snapback]188833[/snapback]

blink.gif
And that is exactly what is supposed to happen when one comes to Jesus...they are to become, as Paul says, a new being......yes.gif

LT, this is what we all need. Let's pray for such a renewal for all of us.

QUOTE(Hawk @ Mar 30 2007, 06:47 AM) [snapback]188885[/snapback]

Gone

Gone, gone to a better land with beauty and purity. Where sins are forsaken and forgiven

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 29 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #152

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 29 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]188772[/snapback]

Don't forget the "red" heaven. Just maybe that's where all the sons of "Adam" will be, since "Adam" (and "Edom") are supposed to mean "red."

Well, I guess heaven's like a rainbow clap.gif

This post has been edited by mozart: Mar 29 2007, 11:23 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 5 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #153

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

BUMP!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 6 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #154

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

A quote from James Baldwin.....

No one is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart: for his purity, by definition, is unassailable.

that puts alot of this in perspective for me....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 6 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #155

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

amen.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 6 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #156

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Or:

"No one is so blind as he who will not see."

Or:

"It is difficult to make a man see something when his salary depends on his not seeing it."

I don't know who the first is from, but the second is from Upton Sinclair.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Apr 6 2007, 02:27 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 7 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #157

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 6 2007, 01:21 PM) [snapback]190260[/snapback]

Or:
Or:
I don't know who the first is from, but the second is from Upton Sinclair.

Upton Sinclair makes a profound statement there. That one will go into my book of quotes.

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post May 2 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #158

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(mizrobby @ Jul 27 2004, 10:00 PM) [snapback]15492[/snapback]

Hi Family--Ted and I took a trip to Orlando this past weekend, and decided to visit the Patmos church. 3ABN was also at Patmos taping Sabbath services for their "On the Road" tour. Patmos' choir and the fellowship was awesome and we look forward to returning.

Now--Danny Shelton was the speaker of the hour, of course. His comments throughout the course of his presentation were interesting, to say the very least. After the choir sang, his comment was "y'all are serious about singing here"... Then after some rambling, he compared his coming to Patmos with his going to New York. He mentioned that a friend told him that whenever he saw a lot of Black people, don't be intimidated, just look them in the eye and say "what choo lookin' at?"...When in the program it was time for the offering, he made another comment saying, "in the Black churches, you say "lift the tithes"...

Many "Black" comments were made. IMHO, all were unnecessary. Were these supposed to be terms of endearment? When we visit "their" churches, should we make lots of "white" comments? Maybe this was his way of breaking the ice.

Many waited with baited breath for the sermon. Mr. Shelton based his sermon on Nehemiah's building of the wall--and not coming off that wall to defend his actions. Mr. Shelton equated Nehemiah with himself--and how he will not come off the wall to defend his actions re:3ABN and accusations made against him. Mr. Shelton pretty much ranted about silly women being led astray, lust, how tv and internet has entered the home, infidelity among women, how innocent conversation leads to destruction, Adventist chat rooms and rumors abounding and how folks are writing about him. That was the sermon.

I'm sure everyone in the room felt what he was alluding to and ranting about. I'm sure some of you may have seen the taping. I took notes, as I sometimes do in order to recall what the sermon was about.

Anyway, after services, I felt an obligation to talk with Mr. Shelton. I offered up a prayer so that my words would not cross my lips, but that the Holy Spirit would guide my tongue. I shook his hand, told him that I'm a member of BlackSDA, and let him know that the members of BlackSDA are strong Christians. I also told him that BlackSDA is in no way a gossip/tabloid column and his letter saying that we were was highly offensive. I also told him that the members of BlackSDA are continuing to lift him AND Linda and 3ABN up in prayer, and that if anyone is keeping 3ABN afloat, it is the prayers of BlackSDA. I didn't let his hand go or stop looking him in his eyes until he heard. He did say many times "I appreciate that".

If Mr. Shelton is lurking this site, I'm sure he will confirm all that I've said here.

What do you now think of DS's "off the wall" comment he made, according to the post above.

Wonder if he still equates himself with Nehemiah?

Someone should write an article and title it, "DS is Off the Wall."

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 2 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #159

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ May 2 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]193924[/snapback]

What do you now think of DS's "off the wall" comment he made, according to the post above.

Wonder if he still equates himself with Nehemiah?

Someone should write an article and title it, "DS is Off the Wall."

I am very offended by the "off the wall" comments above that DS made ......whatever my color might be I find it very offensive and really lame to say things like that. I am not surprised since I think he lacks in the Christian Grace Department as well as many other areas. Is he even aware of his insulting remarks? Why does anyone do that sort of thing....need to comment white or black to break the ice or whatever? When will we really see each other....yes, really see each other. We belong to the Human Race...all equal in God's eyes...all precious....all different but unique and needing the same blood to cover us. I love the multiculture experience and respect amd embrace the differences. Amen and Amen!

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post May 2 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #160

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 2 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]193932[/snapback]

I am very offended by the "off the wall" comments above that DS made ......whatever my color might be I find it very offensive and really lame to say things like that. I am not surprised since I think he lacks in the Christian Grace Department as well as many other areas. Is he even aware of his insulting remarks? Why does anyone do that sort of thing....need to comment white or black to break the ice or whatever? When will we really see each other....yes, really see each other. We belong to the Human Race...all equal in God's eyes...all precious....all different but unique and needing the same blood to cover us. I love the multiculture experience and respect amd embrace the differences. Amen and Amen!

He's not the only one uttering such nonsense...only difference is that his words are heard around the world...

I've heard him make similar remarks on their road shows. You choke and say, yikes.gif "did I just hear him correctly?" Sadly, the answer is "yes!" no.gif

This post has been edited by caribbean sda: May 2 2007, 06:46 PM

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 2 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #161

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Edited for content....

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: May 2 2007, 05:40 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church