Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1237&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:40 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News - Continuation, Letter from Danny Shelton to BSDA
Hersheys99
post Jan 29 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #121

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

right.... post #1 of this thread was our first official contact with Mr. Shelton... he came in lying..... specifically about all the hours of counseling they received.... out and out lies....

Weren't you always told to do what you do best?? dunno.gif Nuff said!! giggle.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 29 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #122

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

OOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!
ohmy.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 29 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #123

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Came here jes' lyin'... Then Bystander , WWJD, all the rest of them want me to believe a word coming form this man's mouth. We didn't even ask them a question, and he came here to tell them lies. I really hte a liar, but can't stand somebody that will jes' basically lie if you look at 'em!

I hope you all see, now that it makes me no difference what Linda did, what she knew, or nothing else. She didnt' come here lyin'.........Danny is a liar, he is not right, he cheated Linda, and dared her to talk about it, he let his ex offending brother be around children when he knew better, even if he lied to everyone else. He was supposed to give him a job somewhere he was away from them. Mending Broken Lives....Yeah right!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 30 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #124

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

BUMP!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 29 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #125

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

time to bump this again.... check out some of the opening comments.... we even had Johann's story here back in 04.... and I posted it somehow.... or mema reposted it from where I posted it....

walk down memory lane... Calvin shared the email from Danny Shelton where he had the nerve to tell us " it is not a credit to your blacksda" which is not something you ever say to a black person.....

I think if he had not said anything we would have let him be....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Mar 29 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 29 2007, 10:49 AM) [snapback]188700[/snapback]

time to bump this again.... check out some of the opening comments.... we even had Johann's story here back in 04.... and I posted it somehow.... or mema reposted it from where I posted it....

walk down memory lane... Calvin shared the email from Danny Shelton where he had the nerve to tell us " it is not a credit to your blacksda" which is not something you ever say to a black person.....

I think if he had not said anything we would have let him be....

Exactly!!! If Danny had divorced Linda quietly, this fallout might never have occurred! Folks here on BSDA only got suspicious after Danny's behavior and his lies to us!!!

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 29 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(mizrobby @ Jul 27 2004, 09:00 PM) [snapback]15492[/snapback]

Hi Family--Ted and I took a trip to Orlando this past weekend, and decided to visit the Patmos church. 3ABN was also at Patmos taping Sabbath services for their "On the Road" tour. Patmos' choir and the fellowship was awesome and we look forward to returning.

Now--Danny Shelton was the speaker of the hour, of course. His comments throughout the course of his presentation were interesting, to say the very least. After the choir sang, his comment was "y'all are serious about singing here"... Then after some rambling, he compared his coming to Patmos with his going to New York. He mentioned that a friend told him that whenever he saw a lot of Black people, don't be intimidated, just look them in the eye and say "what choo lookin' at?"...When in the program it was time for the offering, he made another comment saying, "in the Black churches, you say "lift the tithes"...

Many "Black" comments were made. IMHO, all were unnecessary. Were these supposed to be terms of endearment? When we visit "their" churches, should we make lots of "white" comments? Maybe this was his way of breaking the ice.

Many waited with baited breath for the sermon. Mr. Shelton based his sermon on Nehemiah's building of the wall--and not coming off that wall to defend his actions. Mr. Shelton equated Nehemiah with himself--and how he will not come off the wall to defend his actions re:3ABN and accusations made against him. Mr. Shelton pretty much ranted about silly women being led astray, lust, how tv and internet has entered the home, infidelity among women, how innocent conversation leads to destruction, Adventist chat rooms and rumors abounding and how folks are writing about him. That was the sermon.

I'm sure everyone in the room felt what he was alluding to and ranting about. I'm sure some of you may have seen the taping. I took notes, as I sometimes do in order to recall what the sermon was about.

Anyway, after services, I felt an obligation to talk with Mr. Shelton. I offered up a prayer so that my words would not cross my lips, but that the Holy Spirit would guide my tongue. I shook his hand, told him that I'm a member of BlackSDA, and let him know that the members of BlackSDA are strong Christians. I also told him that BlackSDA is in no way a gossip/tabloid column and his letter saying that we were was highly offensive. I also told him that the members of BlackSDA are continuing to lift him AND Linda and 3ABN up in prayer, and that if anyone is keeping 3ABN afloat, it is the prayers of BlackSDA. I didn't let his hand go or stop looking him in his eyes until he heard. He did say many times "I appreciate that".

If Mr. Shelton is lurking this site, I'm sure he will confirm all that I've said here.

Interesting reading. Does anyone know if he has undergone any diversity training since this happened? no.gif

Infidelity only in regards to women? Did he really say that in a sermon? As for the comparison with Nehemiah..... doh.gif

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 29 2007, 01:19 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 29 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #128

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

We keep saying that, and this thread proves it! He should have bought a sports car instead!

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Mar 29 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]188748[/snapback]

Exactly!!! If Danny had divorced Linda quietly, this fallout might never have occurred! Folks here on BSDA only got suspicious after Danny's behavior and his lies to us!!!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 29 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #129

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 29 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]188749[/snapback]

Interesting reading. Does anyone know if he has undergone any diversity training since this happened? no.gif

Infidelity only in regards to women? Did he really say that in a sermon? As for the comparison with Nehemiah..... doh.gif

not to my knowledge and I suspect he still uses that infamous line, " some of my best friends are black people...."

this line doesn't make him look any better....
He mentioned that a friend told him that whenever he saw a lot of Black people, don't be intimidated, just look them in the eye and say "what choo lookin' at?"...When in the program it was time for the offering, he made another comment saying, "in the Black churches, you say "lift the tithes"...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Mar 29 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

This is really sad. My heart just dropped when I read all of these posts from the past.
My friend just got another e-mail from Danny this morning and I have almost convinced her to pass it on to others. The man has serious issues! sad.gif

It's sad to say, many of our fellow Adventist believe that there is a "black" heaven and a "white" heaven. I was told by a member of a SDA church I was visiting that "she" was going to come on over to my side of heaven to hear us sing. I couldn't sing another note after that was said for the tears in my eyes.

This post has been edited by Jnana15: Mar 29 2007, 02:16 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 29 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #131

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Praise God for you Jnana! You are better than I. There would have been tears, but not mine, after that comment. nonono.gif I have suspected, and I am just going to say this and be through that there is also a slight underlying racial kind of thing going on here also. I tis not a part of the main issues by any means, but it is there. I know all the arguments, and that I am now going to get a list of eithnic groups represented on 3ABN, etc. However, those of us who know, know it when we see it, no matter how pretty they fix it up.

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Mar 29 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]188761[/snapback]

This is really sad. My heart just dropped when I read all of these posts from the past.
My friend just got another e-mail from Danny this morning and I have almost convinced her to pass it on to others. The man has serious issues! sad.gif

It's sad to say, many of our fellow Adventist believe that there is a "black" heaven and a "white" heaven. I was told by a member of a SDA church I was visiting that "she" was going to come on over to my side of heaven to hear us sing. I couldn't sing another note after that was said for the tears in my eyes.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 29 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #132

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Mar 29 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]188761[/snapback]

It's sad to say, many of our fellow Adventist believe that there is a "black" heaven and a "white" heaven.

Don't forget the "red" heaven. Just maybe that's where all the sons of "Adam" will be, since "Adam" (and "Edom") are supposed to mean "red."

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 29 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Mar 29 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]188761[/snapback]

That makes my stomach hurt. Someone actually said that? I hope to be surrounded by black people in heaven...and white people...and red people...and yellow people...just like the song says - "red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in His sight"!!! The only "color" I expect in heaven will be that which radiates off each one of us, EQUALLY, from the glory of the presence of Jesus, our Saviour... I'd like to sing with everyone, too...!!! wave.gif

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 29 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #134

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

What I was trying to say was that the only heaven there is may be the one for the sons of Adam, the "red" heaven.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 29 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #135

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Mar 29 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]188761[/snapback]

Jnan15,
There is a "white" heaven. I hear they have a chapter near Thompsonville.

But seriously, do you think there will be different skin colors in heaven? If so, I'll just bet it won't be an issue with anyone who is there.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church