Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1237&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:42 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Should Not Be News - Continuation, Letter from Danny Shelton to BSDA
Johann
post Mar 29 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #136

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 29 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]188765[/snapback]

Praise God for you Jnana! You are better than I. There would have been tears, but not mine, after that comment. nonono.gif I have suspected, and I am just going to say this and be through that there is also a slight underlying racial kind of thing going on here also. I tis not a part of the main issues by any means, but it is there. I know all the arguments, and that I am now going to get a list of eithnic groups represented on 3ABN, etc. However, those of us who know, know it when we see it, no matter how pretty they fix it up.

yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 29 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #137

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 29 2007, 03:50 PM) [snapback]188780[/snapback]

But seriously, do you think there will be different skin colors in heaven? If so, I'll just bet it won't be an issue with anyone who is there.

One elder told me that before he was converted he was as prejudiced as any. But after he came to Jesus the Lord took that all away.

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Mar 29 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #138

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 29 2007, 04:50 PM) [snapback]188780[/snapback]

Jnan15,
There is a "white" heaven. I hear they have a chapter near Thompsonville.

But seriously, do you think there will be different skin colors in heaven? If so, I'll just bet it won't be an issue with anyone who is there.

I love Jesus with all of my heart and I truly believe that He sees no color as we do. Look at this world He has created, eventhough marred with sin. Lots of different shades of all colors and they are all beautiful. giggle.gif

I just pray that Danny will tell self to go and sit down somewhere and let God take over 3ABN.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 29 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #139

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Now, that is exactly what he needs to do!
QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Mar 29 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]188790[/snapback]

I just pray that Danny will tell self to go and sit down somewhere and let God take over 3ABN.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 29 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #140

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 29 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]188749[/snapback]

Interesting reading. Does anyone know if he has undergone any diversity training since this happened? no.gif

Infidelity only in regards to women? Did he really say that in a sermon? As for the comparison with Nehemiah..... doh.gif

I had forgotten about this NW! Of course that can happen as there is so much! A bit shocking, huh? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
lurker
post Mar 29 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 29 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]188797[/snapback]

I had forgotten about this NW! Of course that can happen as there is so much! A bit shocking, huh? ohmy.gif

Some are slicker in the way they hide it but D not only doesn't know. He doesn't know that he doesn't know.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 29 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #142

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Mar 29 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]188761[/snapback]

....It's sad to say, many of our fellow Adventist believe that there is a "black" heaven and a "white" heaven. I was told by a member of a SDA church I was visiting that "she" was going to come on over to my side of heaven to hear us sing. I couldn't sing another note after that was said for the tears in my eyes.

Folks be "joking" when they say this...but you know in the back of jokes....
....lies a whole bunch of truth...
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 29 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #143

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 29 2007, 06:47 PM) [snapback]188811[/snapback]

Folks be "joking" when they say this...but you know in the back of jokes....
....lies a whole bunch of truth...
snack.gif

truer things have been said in jest...... "it is not a credit to your blacksda....." yeah right...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Mar 29 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #144

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Mar 29 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]188761[/snapback]

It's sad to say, many of our fellow Adventist believe that there is a "black" heaven and a "white" heaven. I was told by a member of a SDA church I was visiting that "she" was going to come on over to my side of heaven to hear us sing. I couldn't sing another note after that was said for the tears in my eyes.

blink.gif

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 29 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]188784[/snapback]

One elder told me that before he was converted he was as prejudiced as any. But after he came to Jesus the Lord took that all away.

And that is exactly what is supposed to happen when one comes to Jesus...they are to become, as Paul says, a new being......yes.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Mar 29 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

Act 17:26-28 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; (27) That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: (28) For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

rap.gif Red and Yellow, Black and White, They are precious in HIS sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world rap.gif

All together now clap.gif

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 29 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #146

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(sister @ Apr 4 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]125231[/snapback]

As far as Danny's first marriage goes, she was ten years older than him. It is common knowledge with his extended family, and they are not afraid to say it, that he was cheatin on her more than once. She had a daughter from another marriage. She, her daughter and their daughter Melody all had some meat on their bones, so her refered to them as "The Three Little Pigs". Does that sound like a man who was respectin' his wife?

Sister, I give up. You really have to get some more credible sources. How can you consistently have facts wrong? His first wife had 2 girls. Don't make allegations on any "cheatin" unless you can back it up with eyewitness testimony. Everyone else here might ignore your allegations without proof but I won't. Because someone said that someone said doesn't get it.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 29 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #147

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

******Uh Actually Sister, Don't answer this. If I remember correctly this was stated before it was established that first marriages, etc. were off limits. We will defintiely not rehash this one. BS look at the date on this post, It is almost a year ago. I think this is a good reminder******

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 29 2007, 08:36 PM) [snapback]188882[/snapback]

Sister, I give up. You really have to get some more credible sources. How can you consistently have facts wrong? His first wife had 2 girls. Don't make allegations on any "cheatin" unless you can back it up with eyewitness testimony. Everyone else here might ignore your allegations without proof but I won't. Because someone said that someone said doesn't get it.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Hawk
post Mar 29 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #148

Member No.: 2,894

Gone

This post has been edited by Hawk: Mar 29 2007, 10:48 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 29 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #149

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Mar 29 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]188761[/snapback]

This is really sad. My heart just dropped when I read all of these posts from the past.
My friend just got another e-mail from Danny this morning and I have almost convinced her to pass it on to others. The man has serious issues! sad.gif

It's sad to say, many of our fellow Adventist believe that there is a "black" heaven and a "white" heaven. I was told by a member of a SDA church I was visiting that "she" was going to come on over to my side of heaven to hear us sing. I couldn't sing another note after that was said for the tears in my eyes.

UHOH........moron alert!! bangin.gif Hello? what planet did you say she was from? gimminee cricket batman. i'm not black and i rarely even think about this site being "black". weez all gist shades o' brown. (egg sept for those few eggheads around) XOXO jnana

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 29 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #150

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif lol.gif thanks for the laugh mr. j. this mess do get heavy.
QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 30 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]124423[/snapback]

Only if the widow/widower had a hand in their spouse's demise... no, not much honor in that at all...

But if the spouse dies from illness or gets hit by a train, struck by lightning, eaten by crocodiles or whatever... their time was just up...not a matter of honorable or dishonorable per se; dead is dead.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church