Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12430&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:55:40 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corporate "worship" At 3abn, The Shelton Gang Rides Again!
Bystander
post Feb 7 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 7 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]176097[/snapback]

bystander,

i agree that 3abn did not have to proof anything that was wrong on this or any other site wrong.

But the wise and i would Christian thing to do would to do that. Instead to me 3Abn is taking a very dangerous course, what happens if they get in to court and the judge rules against them, and anyone that looks around the American justice system knows that wrong things get ruled right in this country all the time( for example the 1973 woe vs. wade ruling has an very harsh example of what i mean)

So i guess that danny must a 1000% sure that he is right before taking such a risk, when he could have defused at least the marriage issues three years go by being more biblical in his approach.

Erik

Erik first let me add to my earlier post on the worship subject. I was told there were lots and lots of people at worship. I was also told that at no time did Danny make the statement that he was "going after Linda and Linda's supporters. Whoever said that was drawing his/her own conclusion and putting words in someones mouth. A good example of how most of the accusations have materialized.
Eric you said Danny must be 1000% sure that he/3abn is right. That is a great statement. Most of the people on this forum must think he is stupid. They accuse him of all these atrocities and then say how dumb he is to take it to court because 3abn will be exposed. Do you actually think he doesn't know what court could or could not entail. Better yet, He could never bring a lawsuit on his own, the board would have had to vote to do so. So again, are the board members so incredibly dumb as to put 3abn at risk if there was wrongdoing to hide? Of course not. If you all would just apply a little common sense to some of these allegations you would see how far off base you really are. You can come to only one conclusion: They have already shown they are willing to go to court by filing the lawsuit. They obviously have nothing to hide.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 7 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 7 2007, 12:37 PM) [snapback]176102[/snapback]

Or it could all be just a bluff by Danny to make people back down and shut up, a desperate attempt at silencing the critics before it really blows up in his face.

It's called intimidation. 2guns.gif

Considering that most posts on this board are anonymous, he would have a really difficult time making anything stick to any real person. What I suspect, though, is that he will attempt to serve Linda, who would then have to defend herself -- even if she had never visited this or any other site, which her supporters claim (and I don't doubt them).

The charges are ridiculous, but defense costs money. That is how the wealthy often squelch opposition. They can intimidate, and they can simply wear out the opposition by bringing unfounded lawsuits.

Calvin, as owner of a chat board, cannot be demonstrated to have liability, as he apparently understands. Others are protected by freedom of speech.

As I said, the financial factor can be significant. Of course, it's possible to counter-sue to recover legal costs for defense against frivolous charges, and I'm sure that unfounded charges based on board postings would be legally "frivolous." (That's my common sense speaking up; I am not a lawyer or in any way connected to the legal profession.)

Oh, by the way, Dan, if you want to serve me, please warn the person serving the papers that our driveway is very steep and slippery. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 7 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 7 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]176086[/snapback]

Dan's spirit has been revealed on many occasions -- some of them very public. But it's so very sad that others are choosing to go down with him, even using prayer as a means of furthering Dan's agenda. It seems to me that such prayers are slanderous towards God Himself by what implying that God would act in concert with Dan & John in their agenda. huh.gif no.gif
That last statement -- that "Linda's team" is "always one step ahead" is revealing and a bit amusing.

It is revealing but not so amusing. No employer wants to employee a traitor in their company. 3ABN has known for some time that they have had workers that give information to Linda or her friends. You don't have to be smart or everywhere at once when you have eyes and ears that do the work for you.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 7 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #19

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]176111[/snapback]

It is revealing but not so amusing. No employer wants to employee a traitor in their company. 3ABN has known for some time that they have had workers that give information to Linda or her friends. You don't have to be smart or everywhere at once when you have eyes and ears that do the work for you.

spoken like the Defender of Danny that you are.... and now we know your purpose here... Danny must have figured out that he needs eyes and ears here.... tell him we said hi.... hiya.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 7 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #20

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]176111[/snapback]

Employees who may have a higher moral standard does not make one a traitor Any person who would fire someone for not sharing the same opinion as them should not have any authority over others. To fire someone because they spoke their mind in relation to a matter that does not have ANY affect on their production at work is foolish in the extreme. Such behavior is petty and reprehensible.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 7 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 7 2007, 11:56 AM) [snapback]176110[/snapback]

It's called intimidation. 2guns.gif

Considering that most posts on this board are anonymous, he would have a really difficult time making anything stick to any real person. What I suspect, though, is that he will attempt to serve Linda, who would then have to defend herself -- even if she had never visited this or any other site, which her supporters claim (and I don't doubt them).

The charges are ridiculous, but defense costs money. That is how the wealthy often squelch opposition. They can intimidate, and they can simply wear out the opposition by bringing unfounded lawsuits.

Do you actually think that the board who would have to vote to bring charges or not..would have done so without getting all of the legal counsel they had available and would, proceed or not according to that council?...Unbelievable...You have a group of smart, with it, business people that know how to deal with these kind of situations. It is amazing that the people here know more than they and their lawyers. How do you think a world wide ministry could survive if all the board and the administration just jumped haphazardly into their decisions. AGain, I say, If they had all these things to hide, as has been alleged here, they wouldn't be doing this.
As far as financial backing, Gailon Joy tells that "linda's team" has a wealthy backer, so the statement that Linda would have to defend herself is a moot point.

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 7 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]176115[/snapback]

Employees who may have a higher moral standard does not make one a traitor Any person who would fire someone for not sharing the same opinion as them should not have any authority over others. To fire someone because they spoke their mind in relation to a matter that does not have ANY affect on their production at work is foolish in the extreme. Such behavior is petty and reprehensible.

I disagree 100%. Having a difference of opinion and stabbing your employers in the back by carrying many unsubstantiated tales are two different things. I would wager if you owned a business that you would not continue to employ such an employee that was hurting your business by his back stabbing. No organization ministry or business would. It is ridiculous to think otherwise.

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 7 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]176113[/snapback]

spoken like the Defender of Danny that you are.... and now we know your purpose here... Danny must have figured out that he needs eyes and ears here.... tell him we said hi.... hiya.gif

Must have figured out? That is laughable. I have been told that 3abn has had hundreds of calls from viewers and supporters who are outraged at this site and want something to be done. There is no way that 3abn could have not known what was going on here even if they wanted to.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 7 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]176109[/snapback]

Erik first let me add to my earlier post on the worship subject. I was told there were lots and lots of people at worship. I was also told that at no time did Danny make the statement that he was "going after Linda and Linda's supporters. Whoever said that was drawing his/her own conclusion and putting words in someones mouth. A good example of how most of the accusations have materialized.
Eric you said Danny must be 1000% sure that he/3abn is right. That is a great statement. Most of the people on this forum must think he is stupid. They accuse him of all these atrocities and then say how dumb he is to take it to court because 3abn will be exposed. Do you actually think he doesn't know what court could or could not entail. Better yet, He could never bring a lawsuit on his own, the board would have had to vote to do so. So again, are the board members so incredibly dumb as to put 3abn at risk if there was wrongdoing to hide? Of course not. If you all would just apply a little common sense to some of these allegations you would see how far off base you really are. You can come to only one conclusion: They have already shown they are willing to go to court by filing the lawsuit. They obviously have nothing to hide.

Bystander,

In fairness to the The 3 abn Board they could be snowballed, history is full of leaders who lead their church's, company's and even countries down the wrong path. I will refrain for making examples so people do think that i am saying danny is exactly like any example that would come to mind.

Also bystander a few years back i went to class that cost many thousands of dollars, one days discussion was on lawsuits, and the part that I remember the most is when the teacher said"Lawsuits are a business tool learn how to use them" so it doe snot impress me when i hear a Christian company is using world methods to fix their problems, i believe EGW has a ton of suggestions about not using the worlds methods to do God's work.

Erik

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 7 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]176118[/snapback]

Must have figured out? That is laughable. I have been told that 3abn has had hundreds of calls from viewers and supporters who are outraged at this site and want something to be done. There is no way that 3abn could have not known what was going on here even if they wanted to.

Why don't they come here and set the record straight, then? Again I say, if someone was spreading false allegations against someone I loved, I would come to their defense.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 7 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 12:16 PM) [snapback]176118[/snapback]

Do you actually think that the board who would have to vote to bring charges or not..would have done so without getting all of the legal counsel they had available and would, proceed or not according to that council?...Unbelievable...You have a group of smart, with it, business people that know how to deal with these kind of situations. It is amazing that the people here know more than they and their lawyers. How do you think a world wide ministry could survive if all the board and the administration just jumped haphazardly into their decisions. AGain, I say, If they had all these things to hide, as has been alleged here, they wouldn't be doing this.
As far as financial backing, Gailon Joy tells that "linda's team" has a wealthy backer, so the statement that Linda would have to defend herself is a moot point.
I disagree 100%. Having a difference of opinion and stabbing your employers in the back by carrying many unsubstantiated tales are two different things. I would wager if you owned a business that you would not continue to employ such an employee that was hurting your business by his back stabbing. No organization ministry or business would. It is ridiculous to think otherwise.

Are these your own words or did Danny tell you to tell us that?

IPB Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 7 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

Bystander qoute

Bystander,

if that is true then hundreds of people must think it is a big lie about tommy and his messing around.

which means that hundreds of people are lacking a full picture.

I would also add that jim jones got hundreds of people to drink poisoned, so i am not sure what hunderds of people proves.

secondly have all those hunderd of people read the letters from the victims and the mothers of victims, i am sure they are outraged but it might be at 3abn.

Erik

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 7 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]176109[/snapback]

You can come to only one conclusion: They have already shown they are willing to go to court by filing the lawsuit. They obviously have nothing to hide.

That's hardly the only conclusion.

Savvy business men know that, generally, the one with the most money wins -- not the one with the best case. (You can all probably remember some well publicized cases to demonstrate that point.) Usually those with less money can simply be bankrupted by having to defend themselves.

It is also possible that Dan is just what he appears to be to us and that he has his board members deceived. (I know from experiences in my own family that certain psychopathic personalities can charm even family members to turn against their own. Lies can be every bit as persuasive as truth.)

If they have nothing to hide, why did they not agree to the full-disclosure terms of Linda's team when ASI was supposed to investigate the issues? Remember that Danny's team wanted no disclosure except the "conclusion" on a very limited subject. Linda's team wanted full disclosure on all issues, to be filed at all Adventist college libraries.

So, who has something to hide, and who doesn't? scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_glenetta_*
post Feb 7 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #27

Guests

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]176109[/snapback]

Thank you Bystander. As I read through all the post, its overwhelming, I almost start to believe this stuff as fact, then there are post through the threads that bring me back to reality. Great Point -Know one brings on court when they are in the wrong. To lie in court could have a great cost - freedom for one.
GP

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 7 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]176118[/snapback]

H'mm ... I must have missed that. When/where did he say that? Have you been corresponding with him privately? uhm.gif

Who is there with the same financial resources as the McNeilus family that could be backing Linda's team?

Just curious ... uhm.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 7 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(glenetta @ Feb 7 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]176134[/snapback]

Thank you Bystander. As I read through all the post, its overwhelming, I almost start to believe this stuff as fact, then there are post through the threads that bring me back to reality. Great Point -Know one brings on court when they are in the wrong. To lie in court could have a great cost - freedom for one.
GP

more eyes and ears of the great one? dunno.gif whose talking you or someone through you?

IPB Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 7 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Let's say they (3ABN workers) DID try to come here and "set the record straight." What a joke would that be? They'd be banned immediately like everyone else has in the past or have their posts taken off like Holdens...and some of those who HAVE been banned were Conference workers--and they were spoken to disrespectfully and with ridicule by people like watchbird and others. Can you imagine sneering in the face of your Conference President.

Say one word in defense of Danny and you are now his 'apologist' or "lover" or whatever other term you people can think of.
And if you dare try to ask a question, you are bombarded with moderators telling you to shut up or else! As in Aletheia's experience. There isn't even freedom on this board to ask questions!

Tell 3ABN to come here? Not on your life! I'd advice them to stay off--it is too biased!

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church