Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12434&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:44 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Class Action Suit, by victims of Dan's harassment
awesumtenor
post Feb 7 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #16

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 7 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]176286[/snapback]

Well Kevin, can you answer the question? Is the site really in existance to "save" 3ABN or "Not"?

- fhb

I don't have to answer the question; it's not my site... and people who are not my friends and who are so craven that they wont even identify themselves dont get to call me Kevin... it's Mr. J to you... seeing that you are plainly no friend of mine and your using my first name is purely an act of disrespect, as one of your ilk is wont to do.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Feb 7 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 04:04 PM)

Greg, normally you are careful about what you say and how you say it. This is the exception. I have made calls to verify what you have said. The records show that he has given a very small amount twice. I won't be as nasty as he and post the amount but "large sums of Money" it is not.

How many of us can pick up the phone and learn the amount and frequency of a donor's contributions??? I would like to think such is NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION...!!

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 7 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 7 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]176311[/snapback]

How many of us can pick up the phone and learn the amount and frequency of a donor's contributions???

Only those of us whom the accountant recognizes of having some authority. flirt.gif

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 7 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

How many of us can pick up the phone and learn the amount and frequency of a donor's contributions??? I would like to think such is NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION...!!

I thought the same thing.

Inside info coming from an outsider? This is our factual source?

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 7 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 7 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]176291[/snapback]

mam, that is a blatant lie. Prove to me he wants to do that. Can you? I don't think so. You don't have to throw the baby out with the bath water. Now, if ds and admin want to throw the baby out with the bath water, that is their choice. Stop mixing the two together. They are seperate. One part admin, one part airwaves that show people talking/signing. The Good News will still be told, one way or another of God's grace, mercy, salvation and justice - on one network or another, one way or another. Remember the rocks that cry out??

Prove to me that he doesn't want to do that. In the beginning he also said that he would welcome a lawsuit and he would stand before the judge and do thus and so. INstead, when the lawsuit was filed the first thing he did was run for the hills and contact a "real" lawyer. You all are talking about the expenses on both sides, well, If he represented his side as he first said, his case would not be near so costly. Let me ask each and everyone of you something. If you were on trial for your very life, would you hire Gailon Joy to defend you. A man with no attorney credentials and a "self appointed" investigator?

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 7 2007, 05:47 PM) [snapback]176313[/snapback]

I thought the same thing.

Inside info coming from an outsider? This is our factual source?

Not many, but there a few who can get to that information when the truth needs to be told. The bottom line is you want to ignore the relevant facts and just discuss how it got here. Forget it, it won't work.

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 7 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]176312[/snapback]

Only those of us whom the accountant recognizes of having some authority. flirt.gif

Glad to hear it. If you have some "authority" then you can call, get the info and back me up.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 7 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]176321[/snapback]

Prove to me that he doesn't want to do that. In the beginning he also said that he would welcome a lawsuit and he would stand before the judge and do thus and so. INstead, when the lawsuit was filed the first thing he did was run for the hills and contact a "real" lawyer. You all are talking about the expenses on both sides, well, If he represented his side as he first said, his case would not be near so costly. Let me ask each and everyone of you something. If you were on trial for your very life, would you hire Gailon Joy to defend you. A man with no attorney credentials and a "self appointed" investigator?
Not many, but there a few who can get to that information when the truth needs to be told. The bottom line is you want to ignore the relevant facts and just discuss how it got here. Forget it, it won't work.
Glad to hear it. If you have some "authority" then you can call, get the info and back me up.

There you go again...saying something and telling me to prove what you say isn't true? YOU SAID IT! BACK IT UP!!
And where did he "run for the hills"????? Is there a reason any smart PI wouldn't have had an atty or legal info a LONG time ago when dealing with all this whooey from 3abn? He isn't one step behind ds - and ds is not use to this. You are mad, face it. It's OUT!
You have your head in the sand or your loyalty to a MAN and not to God, my opinion.
Yes, I would trust Gailon Joy to help me if I was getting stomped on by an abusing power that claims one thing and does another - that lies and manipulates to have it's own way, especially behind the wall of "christian ministry", who treats people an abusive way, knowing full well their "supporters" have no clue how they really are. You are simply afraid of the truth. And it shows.
You made the statement, show me where Gailon has said this! SHOW ME! You have nothing but more empty statements. You really should start searching for yourself and stop "listening" to the wrong spirit. Better now then later.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 7 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #22

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 7 2007, 04:31 PM) [snapback]176294[/snapback]

I don't have to answer the question; it's not my site... and people who are not my friends and who are so craven that they wont even identify themselves dont get to call me Kevin... it's Mr. J to you... seeing that you are plainly no friend of mine and your using my first name is purely an act of disrespect, as one of your ilk is wont to do.

In His service,
Mr. J

Kevin, there is no reason for you to be this rude to people. FHB was asking a simple question that should not have solicited this type of response. He can call you Kevin and so can anyone else here. If you jump all over somebody else for calling your name, they won’t be calling you anything here.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 7 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #23

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

True...

If he call was made at all it is not likely that the information was given out.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Feb 7 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]176278[/snapback]

Greg, normally you are careful about what you say and how you say it. This is the exception. I have made calls to verify what you have said. The records show that he has given a very small amount twice. I won't be as nasty as he and post the amount but "large sums of Money" it is not.

What else would we expect from you? Given the following "on-air" statements:

It appears reasonable to think anything less than a five-figure donation would be considered small potatoes to Danny. For some of us, even a three-digit figure represents a substantial sum. So, without actual numbers, and even more importantly, without factoring in the donor's financial ability, we cannot qualify Greg's statement one way or the other. Whereas a $300 donation from me might be a substantial sum, to a doctor or lawyer with a thriving practice it could be a drop in the bucket.

Remember the Ala....er...the Widow's mite!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  3ABN_Live_18_23Jan07_GoingThroughMoney.mp3 ( 84.44K ) Number of downloads: 23
Attached File  3ABN_Live_18_23Jan07_Donate100K.mp3 ( 76.98K ) Number of downloads: 20

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 7 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]176321[/snapback]

What relevant facts was I ignoring? You are the one who says you are an outsider, but then present inside information as if you had been there yourself. I wasn't questioning how the facts got there. I was pointing out that you, although were not in attendance of corporate "worship", you defend the "facts" as if you were. It is interesting, that's all.

And what do you make out of "Lomy's prayer." Did it not happen as well or will it be twisted after you're done regurgitating it?

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 7 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 7 2007, 02:10 PM) [snapback]176262[/snapback]

So, Mr. Joy is attempting to shut down 3-ABN!

As has been posted here:

1) He has personally contributed and raised large sums of money for 3-ABN.

2) He was responsible for the distribution of the Ten Commandments book.

He would very much like to see major changes made in the governance of 3-ABN. But, that is not shuting it down, unless you tie 3-ABN to certain individuals.

O. K.

#1: In my post, I intended for the large to be the total amount that he had personally contributed, and had raised, during a one year period. I think it may have been 2005, but I was not certain of that so I did not give a year.

Perhaps my statement was wrong. If so, and I find that to be true, I will publicly post a revision of my statement. If it si wroing, I have never claimed to be perfect. :-)

# 2: My understanding is that he obtained about 6,000 copies of the book, and was personally responsible for the majority of those copies being distributed. My emphasis here was on showing that his involvement in distributing that number of books showed that he had an interest in 3-ABN and personally thought well of something that was closely tied to Danny.

On a personal note: My perception of Mr. Joy is that he has seen 3-ABN as presenting, at least in the past, a conservitive view of the SDA message. I see him as thinking now that present leadership has betrayed certain of those conservative principles, and that he would rather see it renewed under new leadershilp than to destroy it.

Re: The "Not" next to the copyright symbol:

I have no idea what it means. I had not seen it. Frankly, I have not taken the time to read everything posted on <save3abn> Why? simpley becaue I assume that it is generally posting items that I have read elsewhere. So, I have probablly read them elsewhere, but not on that website.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 7 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #27

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Feb 7 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]176365[/snapback]

Remember the Ala....er...the Widow's mite!

I was thinking the exact same thing. She gave only that "little bit" - but it was a fortune in the eyes of the LORD.

Since you ain't GOD....
dunno.gif

Um...

You can't judge the sum!

Merinate on that!
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 7 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

"Lomy's prayer?" PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF A PASTORS NAME!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 7 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 7 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]176380[/snapback]

"Lomy's prayer?" PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF A PASTORS NAME!!!!!!

because? I believe it was mentioned early on that he did hours of counseling with Linda and Danny, except that wasn't true.... so ummmm did he lie or did he just not remember?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 7 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Re: "Prove to me that he doesn't want to do that. In the beginning he also said that he would welcome a lawsuit and he would stand before the judge and do thus and so. INstead, when the lawsuit was filed the first thing he did was run for the hills and contact a "real" lawyer. You all are talking about the expenses on both sides, well, If he represented his side as he first said, his case would not be near so costly. Let me ask each and everyone of you something. If you were on trial for your very life, would you hire Gailon Joy to defend you. A man with no attorney credentials and a "self appointed" investigator?"

I am not going to come on this public forum and state what I think Mr. Joy's strategy will be if he defends against a lawsuit. However, based upon what I think he will do, I believe his statement to be internally consistent. I will suggest tha you have read less into it than is there.

As far as hiring a non-attorney to defend you: I think that you know such would be illegal. A person not licensed to practice law can represent themself. But, that person cannot represent another person. That is practicing law without a license, which is illegal.

This post has been edited by Observer: Feb 7 2007, 09:48 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church