Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12434&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:46 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Class Action Suit, by victims of Dan's harassment
Bystander
post Feb 7 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 7 2007, 09:35 PM) [snapback]176383[/snapback]

because? I believe it was mentioned early on that he did hours of counseling with Linda and Danny, except that wasn't true.... so ummmm did he lie or did he just not remember?

mmm How do you know it wasn't true? Only the pastor, Danny or Linda would know if it was true or not, so...the pastor wouldn't have said it and made himself look bad, and I know Danny didn't tell you that...that only leaves one person as the original source.
Dance puppet dance happydance.gif happydance.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 7 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #32

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 09:56 PM) [snapback]176392[/snapback]

mmm How do you know it wasn't true? Only the pastor, Danny or Linda would know if it was true or not, so...the pastor wouldn't have said it and made himself look bad, and I know Danny didn't tell you that...that only leaves one person as the original source.
Dance puppet dance happydance.gif happydance.gif

Bystander... that is an interesting tactic you utilize when you don't know the answer...you answer a question with a question. That is called a defense mechanism... your defensiveness is showing... which is interesting given that you believe you have the truth.... so tell me, why would one who has the truth be so defensive?

Now Linda states that she did not receive counseling.... Danny said they did, however we know that Danny is not always honest... so whom should be believed? The ironic thing is that I don't know Linda, have never talked to her, neither do I know Danny, have never spoken to him.... however he has lied, and he lied to BSDA.... so maybe that was just one lie, and he is telling the truth about this issue?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 7 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 7 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]176325[/snapback]

There you go again...saying something and telling me to prove what you say isn't true? YOU SAID IT! BACK IT UP!!
And where did he "run for the hills"????? Is there a reason any smart PI wouldn't have had an atty or legal info a LONG time ago when dealing with all this whooey from 3abn? He isn't one step behind ds - and ds is not use to this. You are mad, face it. It's OUT!
You have your head in the sand or your loyalty to a MAN and not to God, my opinion.
Yes, I would trust Gailon Joy to help me if I was getting stomped on by an abusing power that claims one thing and does another - that lies and manipulates to have it's own way, especially behind the wall of "christian ministry", who treats people an abusive way, knowing full well their "supporters" have no clue how they really are. You are simply afraid of the truth. And it shows.
You made the statement, show me where Gailon has said this! SHOW ME! You have nothing but more empty statements. You really should start searching for yourself and stop "listening" to the wrong spirit. Better now then later.

mmm Capitols, I believe you are the one mad. I have been privy to emails where Gailon said exactly what I said he said. That he would welcome a chance to handle this himself. Now you can believe me or call me a liar, I really don't care cause I know what I saw. Your statement that I serve man instead of God is as sinful in God's sight as any accusations you are making towards others. You are judging me like you have Danny and any defenders of 3abn. A blind person could feel the bitterness in your post. I have a feeling I know why and where it comes from and if so, no way could you be objective. You have yet to address how so many people, smart, intelligent, people, high positioned people and so on could all be duped. Everytime I have brought it up it is ignored because you know it is beyond reason.

For someone who thinks the filing of charges is a joke, I notice in previous posts you had no problem with saying "Danny abuses people and Danny lies. Now I see you refer to an "abusive power" that lies and manipulates. Maybe you're not quite as secure about it as you would have people think.

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 7 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]176393[/snapback]

Bystander... that is an interesting tactic you utilize when you don't know the answer...you answer a question with a question. That is called a defense mechanism... your defensiveness is showing... which is interesting given that you believe you have the truth.... so tell me, why would one who has the truth be so defensive?

Now Linda states that she did not receive counseling.... Danny said they did, however we know that Danny is not always honest... so whom should be believed? The ironic thing is that I don't know Linda, have never talked to her, neither do I know Danny, have never spoken to him.... however he has lied, and he lied to BSDA.... so maybe that was just one lie, and he is telling the truth about this issue?

I believe I told you there are documents and receipts for such counseling. You did not answer as to the original source of how you came to that conclusion. People have been told by the "original source" that Linda was forced to sign 3abn's contract without legal counsel. Observer refuted that and said he knew for a fact that she did. So if she told one lie, could she not tell others.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 7 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

So where are all those smart intellegent people you talk about, how is it that there are so few defenders of Danny here? If these board were so insignificant then why is Danny making such a big deal about the accusations? And if these board are not insignificant Danny's supporters should be rushing to his rescue here. Instead there are what? A couple 3 people, maybe more if you count multiple persona's biggrin.gif Keep posting though, it keep the board going and makes it possible for more people to know the truth.

Richard

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]176397[/snapback]

mmm Capitols, I believe you are the one mad. I have been privy to emails where Gailon said exactly what I said he said. That he would welcome a chance to handle this himself. Now you can believe me or call me a liar, I really don't care cause I know what I saw. Your statement that I serve man instead of God is as sinful in God's sight as any accusations you are making towards others. You are judging me like you have Danny and any defenders of 3abn. A blind person could feel the bitterness in your post. I have a feeling I know why and where it comes from and if so, no way could you be objective. You have yet to address how so many people, smart, intelligent, people, high positioned people and so on could all be duped. Everytime I have brought it up it is ignored because you know it is beyond reason.

For someone who thinks the filing of charges is a joke, I notice in previous posts you had no problem with saying "Danny abuses people and Danny lies. Now I see you refer to an "abusive power" that lies and manipulates. Maybe you're not quite as secure about it as you would have people think.
I believe I told you there are documents and receipts for such counseling. You did not answer as to the original source of how you came to that conclusion. People have been told by the "original source" that Linda was forced to sign 3abn's contract without legal counsel. Observer refuted that and said he knew for a fact that she did. So if she told one lie, could she not tell others.

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 7 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 7 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]176375[/snapback]

Re: The "Not" next to the copyright symbol:

I have no idea what it means. I had not seen it. Frankly, I have not taken the time to read everything posted on <save3abn> Why? simpley becaue I assume that it is generally posting items that I have read elsewhere. So, I have probablly read them elsewhere, but not on that website.
Mr. Joy had a little fun with the usual copyright notice, and I'm sure Bystander knows it.

Mr. Joy said Not Copyrighted, implying that he wishes the contents to be widely disseminated.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 7 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 8 2007, 06:18 AM) [snapback]176397[/snapback]

- - -
I believe I told you there are documents and receipts for such counseling.
- - -

I have stated elsewhere that the "star" counsellor called me recently and told me that he never had a real counselling session with Linda.

I have e-mails from both Danny and Linda, both from before they went to Kansas and after they returned, telling me this counselling session was a mere farce. All they did there was having a session where Danny had a chance to vent his many gripes about Linda. He was not in the least interested in saving his marriage.

Where is your documentation, and what does it tell you?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 7 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #37

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Regarding the widow's mite and Gailon Joy's contributions,
QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Feb 7 2007, 10:29 PM) [snapback]176377[/snapback]

I was thinking the exact same thing. She gave only that "little bit" - but it was a fortune in the eyes of the LORD.
Yes, the widow's contribution was large in the sight of the Lord because she gave all she had, even if it was only a mite. However, the widow's mite brought more funds into the cause of God than all the large gifts of her day combined, because her example inspired so many others.

As I understand the situation, there is a valid comparison with Gailon Joy mainly in the fact that he encouraged others to give. So the funds that came in to 3ABN because of him were much more than the money he personally contributed.

"Support," by the way, entails much more than money. Time is money too!

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 7 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 8 2007, 03:40 AM) [snapback]176341[/snapback]

Kevin, there is no reason for you to be this rude to people. FHB was asking a simple question that should not have solicited this type of response. He can call you Kevin and so can anyone else here. If you jump all over somebody else for calling your name, they won’t be calling you anything here.

At times we all may need some discipline. Not the least when our frustrations get the better of us. This is why we need a BOSS!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 7 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #39

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 7 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]176405[/snapback]

Mr. Joy had a little fun with the usual copyright notice, and I'm sure Bystander knows it.

Mr. Joy said Not Copyrighted, implying that he wishes the contents to be widely disseminated.

Inga, that is exactly how I interpreted it.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 7 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 7 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]176397[/snapback]

I believe I told you there are documents and receipts for such counseling. You did not answer as to the original source of how you came to that conclusion. People have been told by the "original source" that Linda was forced to sign 3abn's contract without legal counsel. Observer refuted that and said he
knew for a fact that she did. So if she told one lie, could she not tell others.

dear my bystander (or who ever you all are)
I use catpital to accentuate my words - if you heard my voice, it would be clear, but since you can't hear my voice, i use captials to make particular words stand out - mad,not me, smiling, yes.
Now you are saying you saw an email stating he (Gailon) would like to handle this himself? handle what exactly? would you copy and paste that email on here so we can see it? I'm sure we can read it just fine, in fact, if you have a copy, I am certain I do as well. But, just in case, since you are quoting this email, POST IT (see, not mad, just making a point clear).
I have nothing to be bitter about - I'm not the one caught with my hands in the cookie jar. I think you need to R E L A X (see, not mad).
You know nothing of me. If you would take what you see, you would see that I am about truth, and no more spin or games. Sorry, I won't play your game.
I have no clue what on earth you mean in your second paragraph, but in case you are confused, I have no problem with charges being filed. When did I say it was a joke? I think I said, BRING IT ON (again, caps, you get it by now, right?). If truth is truth, there is nothing to fear? What's the big deal there? I don't remember saying anything about filing charges being a joke, and I am pretty sure I didn't say anyting about the counseling??? Are you getting so flustred you can't keep the posts straight?? So how can I come to a conclusion about something I never stated to you (counseling??? hmmm...you are confused, again). I think you are waring out. Bring in the next one.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Feb 7 2007, 11:41 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 7 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #41

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 7 2007, 05:28 PM) [snapback]176311[/snapback]

How many of us can pick up the phone and learn the amount and frequency of a donor's contributions??? I would like to think such is NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION...!!

That's for certain. Last week I think it was Gailon called up Larry Ewing and tried to ask him a few questions. Larry hung up on him.

I think the questions had to do with the $600,000 cash he spent for WDQN in 2003, allegedly without board approval, something he's supposed to get whenever he wants to spend more than $100,000.

Yet the station, supposedly, should have cost no more than $250,000. No real estate was bought in the transaction. And supposedly it the license would have cost $50,000 tops if Danny had started from scratch. Gailon got those figures from some expert in the field.

It is true that WBLC only cost $110,000 in 2002, half of which went for real estate. That one was 1000 watts, and WDQN was 3000 watts.

What I'm trying to figure out is where these assets appear on the 990's. Anyone know? The itemized assets listed in statement 4 in the back of the 2003 990 don't seem to fit an expensive license for WDQN. A license is not a building. It's not an aircraft. it's not a piece of equipment. It's not land. Where is that big $600,000 expenditure accounted for on the 990?

Bystander, you've got the hotline. See if you can find out without Larry hanging up on you.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 7 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 8 2007, 07:46 AM) [snapback]176424[/snapback]

- - -

Bystander, you've got the hotline. See if you can find out without Larry hanging up on you.

When will you answer the questions, Bystander?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 8 2007, 12:23 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 7 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]176427[/snapback]

When will you answer the questions, Bystander?

Bystander answering questions?!?!?! rofl1.gif

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 8 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 7 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]176405[/snapback]

Inga, I believe you are correct. He was having fun due to the discussion over the letter that an attorney had sent him which had a copyright notice on it.

Thanks for your perception.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 8 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #45

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Re: "I believe I told you there are documents and receipts for such counseling. You did not answer as to the original source of how you came to that conclusion. People have been told by the "original source" that Linda was forced to sign 3abn's contract without legal counsel. Observer refuted that and said he knew for a fact that she did. So if she told one lie, could she not tell others."

Folks we are focusing on the small, when there are much larger issues involved.

1) I generally refuse to say that someone lied. People may make a statement that is false. But, a false statement is not automaticly a lie. A lie is a deliberate attempt to decieve, or knowingly make a false statement. All of us make statements that are false. But, that does not mean that we either knew it was false, or that we attempted to decieve.

Harold Lance, and 3-ABN, have posted a statement in regard to the failure of ASI to to mediate a resolution. I have stated that certain statements and implications regarding me were false. But, I believe Mr. Lance to be an honest person. He either sees things differently from me, or he based his comment in second had information that is wrong. The result of all of this is that I could personally sit down with Mr. Lance and have a pleasant visit. We may have differences of opinion, but that is life. I neither challenge his integrity, nor do I believe him to be dishonest.

2) The issues of counseling: Some have said that Linda recieved couseling, others have said she did not. The reality is that both positions are likely to be true.

In posts I made previously in Club Adventist, I publicly stated that X did not enter into a professional counseling relationship with Linda. X had been accused of violation of professional standards of counseling. I went on to say that as X did not enter into a professional counseling relationship with Linda, X had not violated any professional ethical standards.

Certain people have stated that X did indeed counsel Linda. Those who have made that statemet do not understand what it required to enter into a professional counseling relationship. Therefore, their statement conflicts with my statemet. A simple matter of two different perspectives. I believe that mine is correct. X has later stated that no counseling relationship took place between X and Linda. So, I believe that my position is correct. But, I understand those who state a different position, and I do not accuse them of an attempt to decieve.

In regard to peole other than X who are said to have counseled Linda, there are similar issues involved. People will differ. But, those differences should not be assumed to result from an attempt to decieve.

3) Now, as to whether or not Linda signed the agreement in the context of legal advice. I am not going to get into a public discussion of what I believe some of the aspects of this are. I have stated that Linda had legal advice. I maintain that position. I do not intend to further expand upon it.

Now, has Linda lied. Linda and I have differed at times. I do not believe that she has ever lied to me. I have asked her frank questions, at times. I believe that she has given me honest answers as she understood, and believed. I have been frank, at times in telling Linda what I thought. Her response to me is that she has appreciated me telling her the truth as I believed it to be.

I simply am not going to get into a public discussion of some of the aspects of this issue. I consider Linda to be honest.

Folks let us focus on the major issues.

About a year ago, I was reading a book written for attornies. It was telling them how to conduct cross-examinations. The major point: Sooner or later you will get a person to contradict someone else. Use that to challenge their whole position. In our humanity, we will differ. But, an inaccuracy in one point does not mean the entire position is inaccurate. It only means that one point is wrong.

Do not be divereted by the fact that there are differenes among us.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church