Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12434&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:52 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Class Action Suit, by victims of Dan's harassment
sonshineonme
post Feb 8 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 8 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]176488[/snapback]

Ok, the offer was a counselor mutually acceptable. That seems fair. There where having problems with their marriage.

Now Sonshineonme are you saying a professional counselor could not handle Danny? I find that argument weak.

Greatly depends on the counselor, what they were told ahead of time, any preconceived things put into their head, and yes, I know of this happening. Don't forget, some people have a very strong ability in the way or persuasion. I dealt with a sociopath who pulled the wool over many "authority" figures many times through his life before he finally ended up comitting the ultimate mistake, which now has him on death row.

I never underestimate the power of a person when he wants something bad enough - not any more.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #62

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 8 2007, 12:31 PM) [snapback]176488[/snapback]

Ok, the offer was a counselor mutually acceptable. That seems fair. There where having problems with their marriage.

Now Sonshineonme are you saying a professional counselor could not handle Danny? I find that argument weak.

no read what it says....
I told her that if she would not accept our offer and find help to get rid of the doctor, we would have to consider removing her from her positions.
accept the offer and find help to get rid of the doctor... she maintained and the doctor said there was no relationship... so in essence this is a case of get counseling on our terms OR ELSE.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 8 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

sonshineonme, I'm sure you are not suggesting Danny is a "sociopath" right? If you are, then could you reveal your source for this information, like a signed statement from a Psychiatrist?
Thanks.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #64

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 8 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]176497[/snapback]

sonshineonme, I'm sure you are not suggesting Danny is a "sociopath" right? If you are, then could you reveal your source for this information, like a signed statement from a Psychiatrist?
Thanks.

sociopath is not a diagnosis, thus a psychiatrist would not use that term.... but of course you knew that....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Feb 8 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 8 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]176497[/snapback]

Thanks.

You don't have to be a zoologist to recognize a skunk.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 8 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #66

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 8 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]176497[/snapback]

Thanks.

Oh please Lee. Sonshine is not saying this at all. Can't we have a decent discussion without the darts flying?

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 8 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]176493[/snapback]

no read what it says.... accept the offer and find help to get rid of the doctor... she maintained and the doctor said there was no relationship... so in essence this is a case of get counseling on our terms OR ELSE.....

Clay, my point is that if they could mutually agree on a counselor, the cunselor may not agree with Danny and Dr. Thompson that the doctor was the problem. Lot of ifs.

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 8 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Clay, of course I know what a sociopath is. Just in case someone forgot, here is a definition at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociopath

You will notice it speaks of a "diagnosis" which would be coming from a Psychiatrist who is a M.D.

Calvin: sonshineonme was making a suggestion and I just wanted to make sure I understood her correctly. I have no interest in throwing any "darts." But what I am interested is TRUTH.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #68

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 8 2007, 01:14 PM) [snapback]176505[/snapback]

Clay, of course I know what a sociopath is. Just in case someone forgot, here is a definition at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociopath

You will notice it speaks of a "diagnosis" which would be coming from a Psychiatrist who is a M.D.

Calvin: sonshineonme was making a suggestion and I just wanted to make sure I understood her correctly. I have no interest in throwing any "darts." But what I am interested is TRUTH.

Lee. once again, when a person has a psychiatric disorder it is described... sociopath is not a diagnosis...it is a label... anti-social personality disorder would be a diagnosis....

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 8 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]176501[/snapback]

Oh please Lee. Sonshine is not saying this at all. Can't we have a decent discussion without the darts flying?
Clay, my point is that if they could mutually agree on a counselor, the cunselor may not agree with Danny and Dr. Thompson that the doctor was the problem. Lot of ifs.

understood, however it seems to be phrased in the form of an ultimatum as opposed to let's work on our marriage and avoid divorce.... while I cannot say for certain it appears that the intent was not to salvage a marriage but get out of one.... especially given the fact that the initial excuse for divorce was "spiritual adultery."

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Feb 8 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #69

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Right Fearless Leader, a lot of ifs. Mainly because Danny was looking for someone to convince Linda to stop talking to the Dr. period, an dLinda was nto up for anoother round of small groups "counselling" her(and I dont' blame her). He knew nothing had happened between them at all, but he just wanted her to stop.

Now, the real question I have been asking all along is why? Danny knew Nathan, Linda's son, was being treated by the Dr. He also knew he had not been involved with the boy for a while. Linda had absolutely no support in this from her husband of 20 years. I really want to know how Danny can disconnect so eaily from the child? Apparently, this is a pattern, because his first wife had two girls she brough to their marriage, and the only child he talks about is Melody, his own biological child. What happened to those girls after their mother died? I woiud like to know if they were also int he household the whole time they were married? How could he also disconnect from them so easily? He should have been giving a testimony about raising "three" girls alone for a period of time. Makes you wonder.....he has maried Brandi with two children also.......

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 8 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]176501[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 8 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #70

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 8 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]176539[/snapback]

Right Fearless Leader, a lot of ifs. He should have been giving a testimony about raising "three" girls alone for a period of time. Makes you wonder.....he has maried Brandi with two children also.......

Exactly... to many "ifs".

So it has been stated time and again, the offer was made to get them counseling together. But, who here knows that the offer was genuine? It simply seems, to me, that one can "offer" anything, that does not mean that one will follow through. And, even "if" they were really willing do it, that still did not obligate Danny to agree. Remember the qualifier is "mutually acceptable". In light of the things stated by Danny here, right here on BSDA, without any prompting from anyone on BSDA, It is my opinion that he would NOTaccept someone objective to work with the two of them. Even with Linda wanting full disclosure with the ASI assistance, who refused to settle the issue with full disclosure?

With that said, when these pillars of honestly, truth, and justice follow through with their "claim" to start an "urban" T.V. ministry then maybe we should seriously consider that their "offer" was sincere. Until then many of us are not going to hold our breath waiting. no.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 8 2007, 05:12 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #71

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Sera said
In light of the things stated by Danny here, right here on BSDA, without any prompting from anyone on BSDA, It is my opinion that he would accept someone objective to work with the two of them.
did you mean he would or would not accept?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 8 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #72

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 8 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]176546[/snapback]

Sera said did you mean he would or would not accept?

Yes, thanks for the save... NOT is exactly what I meant to say

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 8 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Sera, do you have any kind of documented evidence that Danny would not accept someone to work objectively with them? When did he say this? I'd like to look at it.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 8 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #74

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 8 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]176602[/snapback]

Sera, do you have any kind of documented evidence that Danny would not accept someone to work objectively with them? When did he say this? I'd like to look at it.

Thanks

Lee, did you not see Sera preface her comment with "in my opinion?" That usually suggests that the person is giving an opinion, not that there is evidence stating such..... I am sure you simply overlooked that...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 8 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #75

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 8 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]176605[/snapback]

Lee, did you not see Sera preface her comment with "in my opinion?" That usually suggests that the person is giving an opinion, not that there is evidence stating such..... I am sure you simply overlooked that...

"Sigh" Lee obviously missed that. Yes she must have overlooked it. blink.gif I would suggest she get her glasses and read it again, but she may not wear glasses. Though changing the font size would help just as much. dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church