Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12439&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:40:48 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just Some Facts, Salaries
lurker
post Feb 10 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

I believe Danny told about his "antics" when he was speaking on 3ABN and it was probably years ago if my memory serves correctly. I don't believe it has been discussed on BSDA.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 10 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #47

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Feb 9 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]176887[/snapback]

Yeah, that is why he doesn't mention them to this day. He marries women with children, he doesn't seem to care about the children. My parents were foster parents and adoptive parents all while we were growing up and beyond. If you ask my Mom now how many children she has, she does not say two becuase she is only counting her biological children. Danny acts if if Melody has been the only child in his life.

One more thing, if he was actually involved it he raising of Nathan, he would not have to wonder why Linda was ont he phone with the Dr. about her son. It is very telling that Danny never mentioned that is who Linda was on the phone with from the beginning. Speaks to his character as a man. I didn't even know there were any children at all, until others starte explaining who the Dr. was. Danny might be some things positive, as with us all, but big hearted with caring for someone else's children is not one of them. they got to be blood for him to even consider them.

I'm quick to tell people that I have two sister and a brother....

Only one is blood - and she's a "half" sibling. The other sister and brother are a sibling set that were raised by my Mother in foster care for almost 10 years. They lived in our home and would have been adopted if their family hadn't stepped in and decided to "take them back" after several years.....

My (foster) sister and brother call my Mother - "Mamma"....and call their own bio-Mother by her first name.

Now.

Merinate on dat.

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Lenni
post Feb 10 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 8 2007, 11:27 PM) [snapback]176682[/snapback]

How much do you weigh? secret.gif gossip.gif

OK, now I know we're offtopic.gif

giggle.gif

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 10 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Lenni @ Feb 10 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]177206[/snapback]

OK, now I know we're offtopic.gif

giggle.gif

I just wanted the facts. roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
roxe
post Feb 11 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 10 2007, 10:40 PM) [snapback]177218[/snapback]

I just wanted the facts. roflmao.gif

(later: since this thread is named "Just Some Facts"... giggle.gif )

ok, Ralph, i'll give you the TRUTHFUL facts about Lenni's and my weight...
AND this is for your eyes ONLY....

are you ready???

Lenni and i weigh exactly what we weigh.

boxing.gif clap.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif clapping.gif boxing.gif

sorry for getting distracted, folks...
now back to the topic... of salaries giggle.gif

This post has been edited by roxe: Feb 11 2007, 12:53 AM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Feb 11 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(roxe @ Feb 10 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]177227[/snapback]

offtopic.gif

ok, Ralph, i'll give you the TRUTHFUL facts about Lenni's and my weight...
AND this is for your eyes ONLY....

are you ready???

Lenni and i weigh exactly what we weigh.

boxing.gif clap.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif clapping.gif boxing.gif

sorry for getting distracted, folks...
back to the topic...

Loved the distraction. THANK YOU!!! happydance.gif

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Feb 12 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 8 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]176440[/snapback]
1: It is true that a typical Conference in the USA requires a congregation to have an increase in tithe of from $120,000 to $150,000 to have the Conference support adding an additional pastor to the staff. i.e. To have two pastors, the congregation would be required to have a tithe income of from $240 K to $300 K per year. It is also true that the salary paid to the pastor is much less than the amount required by the Conference to be the congregations annual income. The reason for this is to accommodate for the per-cent age of congregational tithe that is passed through the Conference to the Union, NAD, and General Conference. In other words, the Conference does not have the freedom to use the entire amount of congregational tithe income.
So, if Bill Gates where to join a small church of some 50 members, how many pastors would be assigned to that church?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 12 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(JustTana @ Feb 10 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]177052[/snapback]

Just curious. I must have missed this one. Where is the 'antics' description by Danny?
Actually, my sister and I had already come to the conclusion that Danny had not been any kind of 'father' to either Nathan or Alyssa some time ago.

JT

Why would you come to that conclusion? because of what you have read here? As stated earlier I have known the Shelton parents and some of the family for over 50 years. Kays children were small when they married and he loved them like his own.

Nathan came by this summer and visited for a while.

****Edited for content****

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 12 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(västergötland @ Feb 12 2007, 04:47 AM) [snapback]177600[/snapback]

So, if Bill Gates where to join a small church of some 50 members, how many pastors would be assigned to that church?

Depends on whether he returns a faithful tithe...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Feb 12 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

What if he does?

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 12 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #56

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(lurker @ Feb 10 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]177037[/snapback]

Some time ago Danny described the antics he perfomed in order to impress the judge while Linda's and Doug's custody of Nathan was being decided back when the boy was 15. After hearing what he described, I felt strongly that Danny's actions and attitudes were very likely part of the reason Linda lost custody and that the reason she lost her son was not just because of her religion but of the perception Danny gave the judge about Linda's and Danny's religion and of Danny as a stepfather.

Might that have been a blessing in disguise? At least he may not have been subjected to his stepuncle. scratchchin.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 12 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(västergötland @ Feb 12 2007, 02:03 PM) [snapback]177698[/snapback]

What if he does?

They'd get a pastor for themselves.

There arent enough members to merit more than one,,, but if they were to grow to several hundred members, they'd get another pastor in all likelihood...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 12 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 12 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]177682[/snapback]

Why would you come to that conclusion? because of what you have read here? As stated earlier I have known the Shelton parents and some of the family for over 50 years. Kays children were small when they married and he loved them like his own.
Nathan came by this summer and visited for a while.

****Edited for content****

I thought Kay's girls were closer to 10 and 14 when she and Danny married. Did I hear wrong?

I heard that. And one of you gave him a boat.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:40 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church