Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12459&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:41:13 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gaj's Support Of 3-abn
Grace
post Feb 10 2007, 05:57 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 10 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]176985[/snapback]

If that is what you thought I had said, O.K. That is what you thought. I doubt that very many people reading my post understood it in the same way you seem to have understood it. In any case, there are more important issues. At least now people know--I think.

Observer, I'm amazed by Bystander's personnal interpretation of your post. But then, maybe I shouldn't be so amazed, should I? doh.gif

--------------------
Grace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 10 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Feb 9 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]176884[/snapback]

I heard Danny just recently tell the viewing audience that they could send money for support of another ministry directly to 3abn and he would forward it to the intended party. (The address of the other ministry was posted right on the screen)Interesting statement.

What is interesting about it? They have always helped out other ministries if the ministry requested them to do so. Why because maybe people, especially older people, don't have time to write all the info down or it is just easier for them to put a check addressed to whatever ministry in their check they send to 3angels. That money is then just forwarded to the other ministry. It helps them and isn't much xtra work for 3abn

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 10 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 10 2007, 01:40 AM) [snapback]176980[/snapback]

Your question, would a pick up be worth the jet....Let me get something straight. For approx 15 years, 3abn people drove the 2 hours to st louis and flew commercial. Because of flight schedules, delays, ect they would end up having to be gone from friday to sunday for a couple of sabbath services. Not to mention the complications that came after 911. After 15 years of traveling almost every weekend not to mention out of the US, those that did most of the traveling became "travel weary, physically and mentally. Those of you that travel commercially a lot know what I mean. Now that 3abn uses a small jet, they can actually do more traveling, rally's, preaching. Why? because now what used to take 3 days can, a lot of times, be done all in one day. They can even go to one state, if need be, for a friday night service, leave early the next morning and go across the country if necessary to do 2 or 3 sabbath services. More importantly, they can do it without the traffic, stress, delays, cancellations, searches and everything else that comes with commercial travel. Most times they can leave on Sabbath morning and be back by sat evening. Now, having said all of that, the truth is, 3abn does not pay for the"lease" of the plane. Right "lease". They don't own it. One or 2 supportors pay the cost. So lets lay that issue to bed.

You seem to leave out the fact that the plane only delivers Dan, speakers, family, friends, and SOMETIMES other personel IF there is room. I know that most people in production still drive to St. Louis. They rarely even ever fly out of Marion because it's cheaper at St. Louis. So I can't think that the plane was purchased for their comfort. The plane holds 7. Figure Dan, Brandi, her daughter, Melody, CA, Shelley, and JD, not to mention singing talent. That doesn't leave much room for many others. I personally don't know a single time that plane has left without Dan. The truth of it is that you have left out a great deal of information about that jet, a tactic you often blame others for doing. Happy Sabbath. smile.gif

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 10 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 10 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]177131[/snapback]

You seem to leave out the fact that the plane only delivers Dan, speakers, family, friends, and SOMETIMES other personel IF there is room. I know that most people in production still drive to St. Louis. They rarely even ever fly out of Marion because it's cheaper at St. Louis. So I can't think that the plane was purchased for their comfort. The plane holds 7. Figure Dan, Brandi, her daughter, Melody, CA, Shelley, and JD, not to mention singing talent. That doesn't leave much room for many others. I personally don't know a single time that plane has left without Dan. The truth of it is that you have left out a great deal of information about that jet, a tactic you often blame others for doing. Happy Sabbath. smile.gif

Very interesting HOTY....very interesting. Please feel freel to fill us in on what he left out this time.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 10 2007, 01:40 AM)

Your question, would a pick up be worth the jet....Let me get something straight. For approx 15 years, 3abn people drove the 2 hours to st louis and flew commercial. Because of flight schedules, delays, ect they would end up having to be gone from friday to sunday for a couple of sabbath services. Not to mention the complications that came after 911. After 15 years of traveling almost every weekend not to mention out of the US, those that did most of the traveling became "travel weary, physically and mentally. Those of you that travel commercially a lot know what I mean. Now that 3abn uses a small jet, they can actually do more traveling, rally's, preaching. Why? because now what used to take 3 days can, a lot of times, be done all in one day. They can even go to one state, if need be, for a friday night service, leave early the next morning and go across the country if necessary to do 2 or 3 sabbath services. More importantly, they can do it without the traffic, stress, delays, cancellations, searches and everything else that comes with commercial travel. Most times they can leave on Sabbath morning and be back by sat evening. Now, having said all of that, the truth is, 3abn does not pay for the"lease" of the plane. Right "lease". They don't own it. One or 2 supportors pay the cost. So lets lay that issue to bed.

Alright bystander, if 3abn does not pay for this "lease", and one or two others pay this cost, can you tell me just what the cost of this lease is? A monthly figure is fine (this includes the pilot, hanger, fuel, etc)?? And, if it is for the purpose of effeciency, less stress, and all that you state, why is there not enough room for all that need to be there to do these services/rallys?? It is a nice perk, but how is it really accomplishing what you state if eveyone that needs to be there can't fit?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 10 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 10 2007, 03:21 PM) [snapback]177131[/snapback]

No, you leave out the fact that only recently, after the marriage does room need to be made for Brandi and her daughter. Melody doesn't go a lot of the time. And the speakers, CA, or Shelley often don't go at the same time, they change out, as well as musical talent. Regardless, you are correct to say that usually the plane is full with the team that are holding the services, which is as it should be. Would you think it would be better to have the speakers, preachers and music guests drive to St. louis and the working crew take the jet? OF course the jet doesn't leave without Danny since he is in charge of whatever services are going on. Yes the few production people that are not on the truck crew, fly from St. Louis and all expenses are paid for them + their working pay.
What is funny about you is you keep denying that you are a Linda fan but you always fail to mention facts like she pushed for the plane and enjoyed the travel more than anyone. Truth is, and don't say you haven't heard it talked about, they couldn't take quite as many people when she was going because an extra seat always had to be left so she could lay down, if she wished.
There are people that wouldn't feel quite so bad about your seeming betrayel of 3abn if you would just tell both sides. but you don't and won't and why is that? Because you know if you tell how things were when Linda was there, people might start seeing things a little different and YOU don't want that. Yet, you want to be the first to spout whatever is going on there and whatever you think danny or mollie or any of the others there have done wrong but You and God knows how production and everyone else for that matter, was treated by the vice president. I have had several people that have left 3abn tell me later they quit because of her. You know what the other employees thought. And you know how they felt when she left. Several people that I am aquainted with,volunteered shortly after and told me later that the whole atmosphere was like 100 lbs had been lifted off of (for sure) productions shoulders.
If you were trying at all, to be fair, to 3abn who you say you love, you would be telling the other side of what you know. whether you realize it, or not, you are hurting the ministry by joining in all the backlash that this garbage has created. If you really wanted people to still love the ministry itself then you would tell the whole story of how the master manipulator really was in true life.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 10 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Oh but of course, blame Linda for the jet. That was how many years ago? That jet is a waste of money, it really does not matter whose it is or who's paying for it. If there is really the need for less stress on the Sabbath day why not honor it as God intended and not have the man servants (the pilots) flying that thing around. Oh wait, it's so Danny can make the trip in one day, flying out Sabbath morning and be back home by nightfall. Is this a good and just use of God's money? I think not.

Richard

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 10 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]177137[/snapback]

No, you leave out the fact that only recently, after the marriage does room need to be made for Brandi and her daughter. Melody doesn't go a lot of the time. And the speakers, CA, or Shelley often don't go at the same time, they change out, as well as musical talent. Regardless, you are correct to say that usually the plane is full with the team that are holding the services, which is as it should be. Would you think it would be better to have the speakers, preachers and music guests drive to St. louis and the working crew take the jet? OF course the jet doesn't leave without Danny since he is in charge of whatever services are going on. Yes the few production people that are not on the truck crew, fly from St. Louis and all expenses are paid for them + their working pay.
What is funny about you is you keep denying that you are a Linda fan but you always fail to mention facts like she pushed for the plane and enjoyed the travel more than anyone. Truth is, and don't say you haven't heard it talked about, they couldn't take quite as many people when she was going because an extra seat always had to be left so she could lay down, if she wished.
There are people that wouldn't feel quite so bad about your seeming betrayel of 3abn if you would just tell both sides. but you don't and won't and why is that? Because you know if you tell how things were when Linda was there, people might start seeing things a little different and YOU don't want that. Yet, you want to be the first to spout whatever is going on there and whatever you think danny or mollie or any of the others there have done wrong but You and God knows how production and everyone else for that matter, was treated by the vice president. I have had several people that have left 3abn tell me later they quit because of her. You know what the other employees thought. And you know how they felt when she left. Several people that I am aquainted with,volunteered shortly after and told me later that the whole atmosphere was like 100 lbs had been lifted off of (for sure) productions shoulders.
If you were trying at all, to be fair, to 3abn who you say you love, you would be telling the other side of what you know. whether you realize it, or not, you are hurting the ministry by joining in all the backlash that this garbage has created. If you really wanted people to still love the ministry itself then you would tell the whole story of how the master manipulator really was in true life.

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Feb 10 2007, 05:00 PM

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 10 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 10 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]177137[/snapback]

I didn't leave out information. I just did not know that the plane was Linda's idea. Considering the number of times I heard Dan tell stories about how Linda was so afraid to fly in that little plane on and off the air, it never occurred to me that she would be the instigator. If it were Linda's idea, well, she is gone and has been for some time but the plane is still around.

The other thing you said, that I have seen exactly the opposite is that Dan is the one who doesn't fill the plane up (he only lets 6 fly normally) so that he can lay down on the front bench when his back starts hurting or whatever. So, I can't say that Linda is still responsible for that even if she was before. (Oh, and Brandi and her daughters flew in that plane quite a while before the marriage.)

I should have made my point about the plane a little differently. 3ABN sends people all over the country (and out) on a regular basis, and yet the plane only flies when Dan is on board. If Dan doesn't go and CA or Shelley or John Lomacang fly, they also fly from St. Louis. So, really the plane is not there for the speakers/workers/singers, it's there for Dan.

I should not defend my position, but just one more time, I will. I do remember how 3ABN functioned while Linda was there and there were many things I saw that I didn't think were very good decisions. I did see several people quit and say it was from her, one a very skilled worker who did a great job for the ministry. What business doesn't have that from time to time? I also heard from several people in production that it was a relief that she was no longer in charge.

Don't take the fact that I don't know something leave you to assume that I left it out on purpose. I have said many time that I do not know a great deal, but what I have stated, is the truth as accurately as I remember.

**I can sum up my position of Dan vs Linda by saying that no matter when the scandals came out, whether before or after her dismissal, I would still be saying the same things as I do now. I believe 3ABN is a lot bigger than Dan or Linda Shelton. I also believed that the divorce is what started a lot of this process. So no one can blame anyone posting on here for what's happening, what's happened, or what will happen.**

(BTW, I would like to thank you for the better manner in which you have posted recently. I don't find it as much as an attack as what it used to be and therefore, haven't felt the need to fire back.)

HOTY

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 10 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 10 2007, 03:43 PM) [snapback]177137[/snapback]

No, you leave out the fact that only recently, after the marriage does room need to be made for Brandi and her daughter.

Bystander, I thought Brandi had two daughters. Was I mistaken?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 11 2007, 03:25 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 10 2007, 11:02 PM) [snapback]177208[/snapback]

She does, but the oldest lives with her father.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 10 2007, 10:02 PM) [snapback]177208[/snapback]

She does have 2 daughters but the oldest had not been happy since moving here. She missed her dad, her school and her grandparents. She ask to live with her dad for now but comes back often and her mother goes there often to spend time with her

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 11 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 04:37 AM) [snapback]177268[/snapback]

She does have 2 daughters but the oldest had not been happy since moving here. She missed her dad, her school and her grandparents. She ask to live with her dad for now but comes back often and her mother goes there often to spend time with her

Wow, to fly commercially would be very expensive. I wonder if the 3ABN jet is employed for this?

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 11 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]177360[/snapback]

Wow, to fly commercially would be very expensive. I wonder if the 3ABN jet is employed for this?

NO it is not. In fact the last several visits Brandi has made, she has driven. Hoty, your little seeds of innuendo and half truths are really getting old. Anything you can do to put the wrong slant on 3ABN, you do it.

edited for content......

This post has been edited by Clay: Feb 11 2007, 05:42 PM

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Feb 11 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

If Linda was so difficult why was that not dealt with? Was she always difficult through the years? Was she not the person you saw sitting on the porch????

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

[quote name='husbandoftheyear' date='Feb 10 2007, 06:54 PM' post='177161']
I didn't leave out information. I just did not know that the plane was Linda's idea.

I never said the plane was Linda's idea. I said she was as much for it as anyone.

[quote]The other thing you said, that I have seen exactly the opposite is that Dan is the one who doesn't fill the plane up (he only lets 6 fly normally) so that he can lay down on the front bench when his back starts hurting or whatever.

I have seen the inside of the plane when they first leased it. Have you? It has 6 seats and a bench. If the 6 seats are filled, Danny always sits on the bench which only seats 1, comfortably. and really not so comfortable. It is hard with no back but the wall. The bench is nowhere near long enough for him to laydown on (even with his height) even if he wanted to. So a question here. Were you repeating something you had heard?

I should not defend my position, but just one more time, I will. I do remember how 3ABN functioned while Linda was there and there were many things I saw that I didn't think were very good decisions. I did see several people quit and say it was from her, one a very skilled worker who did a great job for the ministry. What business doesn't have that from time to time? I also heard from several people in production that it was a relief that she was no longer in charge.

The same could be said for several things that are brought up here as accusations.

[quote]Don't take the fact that I don't know something leave you to assume that I left it out on purpose. I have said many time that I do not know a great deal, but what I have stated, is the truth as accurately as I remember.[/quote] Don't take the fact that I don't know something leave you to assume that I left it out on purpose. I have said many time that I do not know a great deal, but what I have stated,[color=#3366FF] is the truth as accurately as I remember.

But how much is remembrance and how much have you just "heard"?

[quote]* So no one can blame anyone posting on here for what's happening, what's happened, or what will happen.[/quote]

No one is blaming anyone here for what happend. The blame is about the spinning, gossip and slander with unsubstantiated evidence. What you heard about the bench on the plane is wrong, what has been written in the televangelist is one of several lies as eye witnessed by me. What was said in another thread about the flying to a utah jazz game left out the whole story, which was done purposely. The statement that Danny said he was going to "get" Linda and anyone that supports her, was a lie, as you well know, you were there. I could go on and on. That is what I blame this site for. The defamation of a ministry and the people that run it, on speculation, gossip, innuendo and half truths.

wwjd

This post has been edited by wwjd: Feb 11 2007, 04:45 PM

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Feb 11 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]177485[/snapback]

If Linda was so difficult why was that not dealt with? Was she always difficult through the years? Was she not the person you saw sitting on the porch????

Because, in my opinion, her husband put her up on a pedestal and built her up to the point of it becoming detrimental to her and love is blind. Many Others tried to address that situation with no luck because her husband could not and did not want to see anything but the purest motives in her.
He unknowingly contributed to her "love of self." Some people are immune to flattery and attention, some are not and become conceited, spoiled and on a power trip. How many viewers noticed that she became more and more visible on the air. cooking, 3ABN presents, promos, devotionals, music...All the while the attitude becoming more and more self serving. A lot of viewers were shocked when she gave herself permission to do music videos. How many people do you know in the Adventist denomination that do secular type music videos? I believe she truly began to think she was indespensable and she could choose to behave in any way she pleased with no repercussions because, she felt, 3abn could not function without her.
Just my opinion
wwjd

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:41 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church